7/9 Instance: Friends in Dark Places

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/9 Instance: Friends in Dark Places

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined a few days after [Instance]Home is Where the Horror is.

<Broo> The insect-like teen sat at the desk, exoskeleton fingers tapping the paper as he looked at the pencil scratchings on it. He shook his head and started erasing the last two digits of the string of numbers. He needed something, There was something missing in the equation and...

<Broo> He stood up, looked around the pristine white walls and the very comfortable furniture of his bedroom, and then spotted what he was missing. Scampering over to the bedside table he picked up the cup and started eating his strawberry pudding. The second he was done he realized the answer to his little maths problem he was having and wen back to the paper to finish it. "Homework's done!" he called out and grabbed a book to start reading it.

<Jessica> Jess was exploring her way around the labs without Viper's supervision and avoiding the lab that contained Dr. Rottwell like the plague. Hearing the voice, she turned a corner to locate the source, spying the edges of a viewing window in one of the walls. She sneaked over and peeked inside.

<Broo> The boy paged through the book like it was a magazine, eyes looking through glasses, drinking in every word printed on each page. After a dozen pages were read, the little alarm next to his bed started beeping. He snapped the book shut and pushed his chair back towards the bed to stop the alarm, then grabbing a plastic bottle, took out a couple orange pills and downed them.

<Jessica> Jess watched him(?) from the bottom of the window, cocking her head on one side. He(?) didn't look like anything like Viper's experiments.

<Broo> The boy pushed his chair back to his desk, and opened the book back up, making quick work of going through it. The second he was done he neatly placed it on the small bookshelf next his desk and sat quietly. He tapped his thumbs together, looked around and sighed before spinning around in his chair. "I'm booored," he said, hoping that someone was actually paying attention and going to give him something to do next.

<Jessica> Jess straightened up slowly so that more of her was now visible through the window, glancing up and down the hall before raising a hand to gently tap on the glass.

<Broo> The boy stopped his spinning and paused as he stared at the window. Slowly raising a rather clawed hand, he gave a small wave. "You're pretty." he blatantly said.

<Jessica> "Um... thank you?" She chewed her lip, "My name's Jessica... what's yours?"

<Broo> "I'm..." the teen hit a blank moment, his orange and red eyes expressionless behind his thick framed black glasses, and then he spoke up, "Broo. I'm Broo. Nice to meet you, are you with my captors as well?" he politely asked. "Don't tell me they kidnapped you, that's no good, they shouldn't kidnap pretty girls, that'll just grab more attention on them." he pondered.

<Jessica> "Nice to meet you too." She gave the boy a small smile but it faded again, "I was kidnapped... but Viper has taken great pains to inform me that no one is looking..."

<Broo> "Yeah, I'm not sure if anyone is looking for me either. Then again I'm not even sure if I have anyone to look for me." Broo leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "I think they did something to me, because I can't remember anything else except being here."

<Jessica> Jess thought back to the floating brains and shuddered. "Yeah... they might've...." She watched him a little, "Do they treat you okay? I have to live here now too..."

<Broo> "Yes, ma'am, they treat me just fine. Except for Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Saturdays. I really don't like the tests and the needles for checkups." The insect kid said, shifting a little closer to Jessica on the chair. He realised something and stood up quickly, "You wanna sit down?" he asked, gesturing to his chair or the bed.

<Jessica> "Um... how do I get in?" Jess looked up and down the corridor again.

<Broo> Broo paused, a clawed finger pointing as he was about to say something, and then rethought the problem, "Oh right, I need to unlock the door, hang on." he said, quickly turning around to look at the everyday objects in his room that he could use. In no time he fan-dangled up something strong enough to push the lock up, but thin enough to slide in between the door and the frame. "Okay, open!" he announced.

<Jessica> The door opened, somewhat to her surprise, right next to her. It was completely seamless. Huh. Shaking herself, she stepped inside, pulling the door closed behind her. "Do they leave you on your own like this a lot?"

<Broo> "...I wish, but I have a nagging feeling they listen in to everything that's happening in here. And maybe record everything. I'm not sure how exactly I should feel about it. On the one hand I don't have any privacy," he gestured towards the observation windows.

<Broo> "But on the other hand..." he started, turned around and called out, "Can I get some pudding please?" In no time a part of the wall slid open and a tray with his favourite pink coloured dessert appeared. "Mmm, pudding. Want some?"

<Jessica> She felt a little uneasy about the fact Viper probably knew she was in there with him... but then, she'd said she could go anywhere and have anything she wanted. And right now she wanted company. She gave the insect-looking kid a smile. "Sure."

<Broo> "Can I have another for my friend as well?" Broo asked the voyeur scientist who was watching them. Seconds later, the same spot slid open and a lovely looking pudding waited for them. The broad long headed short fellow took the bowl and handed it to Jessica with a dangerous looking fanged smile. "Strawberry," he added.

<Jessica> "Nice." She smiled, taking the pudding. At least she didn't have to worry it was drugged or something.

<Broo> "So Jessica..." the boy went quiet, not knowing what else to say. He wasn't able to recall ever having to small talk with someone before. This was excitingly new. "Do you work? Do you study?" he asked.

<Jessica> "I did both of those things... but now I don't... She won't let me leave..." Jess chewed her lip, "I used to work in an old people's home... my job was to talk to people, play games with them, read with them, whatever they wanted. I just had to be company for them... I liked it..."

<Broo> "Wooow, that sounds wonderful, meet so many new people and so many stories, I bet you heard a ton of stories. What did you study?" he asked while taking a spoonful of pudding.

<Jessica> "I did." She smiled, "I studied math and languages... mostly... some other things too, biology and whatnot..."

<Broo> "I like biology. Actually I like maths as well. Well, anything science related is very fascinating. They give me homework to do here, very fun and difficult math problems. Sometimes they ask me about inventions, silly things like why can't this work, or why does this keep exploding?"

<Jessica> Poor kid didn't even know he was helping them get better at killing people... she didn't want to burst that bubble. "Well then we have something in common!" She gave him another smile as she took a bite of her pudding.

<Broo> "I got a bunch of my own ideas for inventions, but from what I've seen, I don't think there aren't any technology to make the things that I'm thinking of." He smiled broadly and leaned in again, adding, "I have over a dozen inventions all planned out and ready to be made and tested, right in here." he said, tapping his head.

<Jessica> "Well they might be able to make the right tech if you came up with a way to make that too..." Jess offered, "But you should keep your ideas for yourself so you can make lots of money when you leave here."

<Broo> "....yes! That way I'll be able to invest in my own technology. History books had shown the largest leaps in technology is either in the private sector or in the military... but frankly I'm not a big fan of improving technology for warfare. I'll keep that idea tucked away for when I get out of here. Thanks!"

<Jessica> Jess smiled at him again, "You're welcome." He really didn't seem like the right fit for this place, he was way too sweet.

<Broo> "So when do you think we'll be getting out of here?" he asked her after a big spoonful of the dessert.

<Jessica> Jess shook her head "I don't know... but as soon as I do I'll come and tell you, okay? If you promise to do the same for me."

<Broo> He held up two fingers and put a fist on his chest, "Scout's honour." he said, then cocked his head slightly. "I think I would have made an amazing scout. I memorised the whole scout book that Miss Viper left in my room. Between you and me, she tries hard being nice, but deep down, she scares the willies out of me."

<Jessica> Jess laughed, "Yeah... she has that effect on me too. And I think she tries a bit too hard..." she chewed her lip, "Have you got a pen and paper? I'll show you how to get to where I am from here..."

<Broo> "I do!" he said, jumping up and grabbing a pen and paper from his desk, handing them to Jessica. "But I can't visit during Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternating Saturdays, not this Saturday, the next one, and I can't visit during late evenings." he helpfully said.

<Jessica> "I'll make sure I'm available." She smiled and started to draw him a map, "It's nice to have a friend."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 7/9 Instance: Friends in Dark Places

Post by Slarti »

Viper has taken great pains to inform me that no one is looking...
Sebastian will take great pains to make sure Viper pays for that. :shifty