7/10 Instance: Cellmates

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/10 Instance: Cellmates

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after A Bus To Catch

Walt: Walt shifted restlessly, holding his still unnamed stuffed Sasquatch close, breathing deeply and trying not to fall into another freak-out. He'd been lucky the other night, he'd been alone and didn't have to share his humiliation with anyone but now...now both Fabian and his girlfriend were over.

Walt: He rolled over again to face the wall, cursing himself for not leaving when they'd both shown up. He should have gone, he wasn't sure why he'd stayed and he was certainly paying for his stubbornness now.

Fabian: While Cecilia might be sleeping peacefully Fabian was up and wired, easing out over her to step out from the bed and reach his phone on his desk. It was now a more appropriate time to send a message home and let his father and Jacinta know that at least one of the Acolytes had been apprehended.

Fabian: It was...probably not what they would call good news but Fabian knew to at least count it as progress to make things easier on himself and try to sell his father on seeing it that way as well. Maybe if he was lucky they wouldn't come like they had threatened.

Walt: Walt's looked over his shoulder at the sound of someone getting up. "Where are you doing?" he whispered, catching sight of the phone. It was 3 o'clock in the morning! Who called anyone at 3 o'clock in the morning?

Fabian: "Texting Jacinta," Fabian answered blearily, not quite awake himself but still too wired to sleep. There was far too much of that in his life right now.

Walt: Walt's eyes widened. "Dude! What the heck?! Your girlfriend is right there!" he hissed, frowning disapprovingly.

Fabian: Fabian had never before given Walt an offended look quite at this level. "Jacinta is my step-mother."

Walt: Walt felt his stomach drop. "....Oh," he said dumbly. "Err...I'm sorry, I forgot her name…I'm, uh, not good with names."

Fabian: "It's no matter. You can count on the fact that I'm not pulling anyone in on the side." He took to his desk-chair, re-reading the text to make sure his sleep-deprived brain hadn't made any mistakes before sending it on. "I was just letting her know about Shinobi Shaw."

Walt: Walt couldn't think of a time when he'd felt like more of a douche-bag then he did right now. "Sorry," he said reflexively. His brow furrowed at the mention of Shinobi. "Isn't that the guy that girl in our gym class dropped a bus on? I heard Professor Shaw's his dad." He shuddered a little at that thought, he felt really sorry for that guy if that was the case, the engineering professor was intimidating.

Fabian: "Shinobi Shaw is our age. I don't think Shaw started that early...but there's some connection to him but he's never admitted anything to me." He frowned, still not sure what was there. He couldn't think of any other Shaw connections that would match up with Shinobi. "And yes, that would be who Clarice bussed."

Walt: "How do you know - ?" He shook his head. "Never-mind, I remember now...uhm...so were you friends with him or something?"

Walt: I wonder if I could lift a bus...

Fabian: "'Friends' is a stretch. We were acquainted. He came to the Acolytes along with Essex and the Marauders. I wasn't sure the connection there."

Walt: Walt quickly banished the thoughts of exploring his powers and began trying to sort through his knowledge of all the weird mutant terrorist teams. "...Okay, so the Marauders are the dead ones that were killed by the rogue group of X-Men here and they worked for the mad scientist and were affiliated with your group who worked for Apocalypse...so basically it was like a consolidated company thing, right?" he asked, unsure if he'd gotten all of that straight. All these groups...it was mind boggling at times.

Fabian: Fabian gave a bit of an absent nod. "And he along with the rest of the former Acolytes are the assassins."

Walt: "Okay...I got that," Walt said. "What I don't get is why he was wandering around on his own. I've heard people say they're being used as weapons by some group or another. Isn't that sort of stupid? They had to know he was going to get caught killing people by himself in broad daylight."

Fabian: "I imagine they would have a plan to recover them...but apparently he wasn't recovered according to plan which gives us some hope for the others as well." Fabian wasn't naturally an optimist but he did try sometimes.

Walt: "Or they decided he wasn't useful anymore and just left him," Walt added, then winced, realizing belatedly that he wasn't being very comforting. "Your guess is probably right. You'd know better than me, after all."

Walt: He cringed again. "...This is why I don't talk a lot."

Fabian: "I can see why." Fabian deadpanned and sighed, shaking his head at Walt. "You don't have that power-set without being useful to someone...but I suppose people are shortsighted as well."

Fabian: "I wouldn't exactly want them to want to pick me back up, either, whoever they are."

Walt: Walt wilted a little at that. "Sorry," he said again. "I wouldn't either - I'm more thankful now than ever I was acquitted because of all this."

Fabian: "And now you know why I did my damnedest to stay out of jail, eh?"

Walt: "Well, nobody wants to go to jail," Walt said. "But yeah...I get it." Though Walt couldn't help but think there was a difference between their crimes. Everything he did, he did involuntarily. Fabian volunteered to do everything he did...at the beginning at any rate.

Fabian: "Jail nothing, much more worried about being used as a weapon." Fabian pointed out, figuring that was much more troublesome than a cell. Not that he cared for cells but what they would do to a mutant in those cells was the more worrying point.

Walt: Walt shuddered, already way ahead of Fabian. "Being a mutant in the youth shelter was bad enough...I don't know how I'd survive being a mutant in jail. Even if they didn't make you a weapon you have the other things to worry about. Can you imagine what would happen if they put us in with all the regular inmates?" He didn't really want to.

Fabian: "Well, you wouldn't exactly have the same kind of troubles as I would have. Your powers rather work on humans." Fabian chuckled a bit. "I'd just have to hope they had something wrong with them and I'd continually heal them."

Walt: "Inhibitor collars or suppressant drugs," Walt pointed out. "Up north they give that to you before they shove you in jail. You only get to stay in superhuman lock-up in Department H if they deem you too dangerous or high-profile to put in the regular system."

Fabian: "Yes, but there's always ways around such things, you just have to be patient or stubborn. I'm more stubborn than not." Fabian looked at his phone again, willing a reply but figuring if she had his message she'd have to talk with his father first.

Walt: "You should've been my lawyer," Walt remarked. "The lawyers assigned to me pushed the fact that I am - was - a minor really hard but they don't care though if your crime is 'serious' - they just try you as an adult anyway. The only reason I got off was because the prosecution didn't have enough stuff against me to convict and I had a clean record."

Fabian: "I'm afraid I more meant the inhibitor collars or suppressants; I don't know enough about the law to have helped you there...although I'd say considering the documentation of your 'crime' then your lawyer was dreadful."

Walt: "He wasn't very good," Walt admitted. "He screwed up a lot, but the prosecution didn't have much to work with so I got off...sort of," he sighed. "Acquitted is not the same as not guilty."

Walt: "That's why I'm so freaked out about transforming - besides the fact I could hurt people, I mean - I'm sort of afraid I'll get dragged back to Department H," he admitted. "So…that's what I was going about the other day in the kitchen." His eyes slid away in embarrassment.

Fabian: "Screw it, it still counts and if people didn't turn me in here they aren't going to turn you in...although I think you need to address the whole 'freaks' aspect of it more than your reasoning there."

Walt: Walt felt ill when Fabian mentioned that. " I was upset, I'm sorry...I don't know why I said that. It's not like I've got room to talk or anything."

Fabian: "I think you said it because you believe it." Fabian replied, not actually sounding all that bothered as he stated that rather solid assumption.

Walt: Walt thought for a moment. Did he really believe that? He didn't know. On some level it was entirely possible. He had to admit it he was somewhat uncomfortable with power displays and people with obvious mutations or similar abilities to his own. "Maybe," he admitted finally.

Fabian: Now, the question was should he go ahead and kick the guy while he's down with all of his points that could be made from that realization? No, ruining the other mutant's sleep would be good enough for now. Fabian could play things slowly and, really, he did make Walt talk to his father so it'd be cruel after that.

Walt: Walt kneaded at his chest absent-mindedly for a few minutes before his eyes flickered back to Fabian, but instead of the usual brown, a very obvious cats-eye effect was now present. "Do you think everyone knows what I said?" he asked nervously.

Fabian: "Well, there were a good deal of witnesses and not all of them are known for keeping their mouths shut." Fabian admitted truthfully. "I've not said anything though."

Walt: "Everyone must think I'm a jerk," Walt concluded, slumping down a little. He was destined to be very lonely in the future. "I don't know what I'm going to say if someone brings it up."

Fabian: Fabian decided it was just best he pretend as if he didn't hear the jerk comment. "Well, I'd aim to brush it aside pretty smoothly if I were you. Not everyone's me who'd talk to you like I do, after all."

Walt: Walt wasn't sure if Fabian meant other people weren't as mean as he was or most were as honest so he decided to just let that lie. "Most people don't talk to me at all," he pointed out. "Not that I'm complaining. I don't really have much to say, but I like some company sometimes."

Fabian: "Well...that could be because you have a tendency to just stutter about or stare silently. Nobody really goes pulling socialization out of someone when there are easier targets about."

Walt: Walt looked rather stung at this. "I don't stutter all the time...it just comes up when I'm nervous now," he griped. "You would keep your mouth shut too if you s-s-sounded l-l-like t-t-this every-time you tried to talk to anyone outside your family for almost ten years."

Fabian: "...you actually think anything would make me keep my mouth shut? That's precious." Fabian had to indulge in a quiet laugh there. "You're always nervous."

Walt: "I'm a more tense than usual with all the powers problems," he admitted, folding his arms over his chest. "Most of the time though I'm only nervous when I first meet people or...erm...when I'm talking to girls."

Fabian: "You were not socialized enough as a child." He gave up on getting an answer now, putting his phone back on the charger. "Almost everyone here goes through a power problem, it'll pass...generally."

Walt: "I was socialized plenty," Walt said. "Stuttering's got nothing to do with how many friends I had or how smart I am or anything like that. It just happens." He frowned, still completely unaware his eyes had changed, though the effect was beginning to fade now. "I hope so or I'm really screwed."

Fabian: "I didn't mean the stuttering, I meant the nervousness," he explained. "At least throw you in the deep end with girls at an early age."

Walt: Walt shrugged. "It might have been a good idea, but it's too late now though." He sighed a little. "It doesn't matter much though. Most girls think I'm gay anyways." Or never looked twice at him, he thought bitterly.

Fabian: "Just imagine if you had a lisp."

Walt: Walt laughed wheezily. "No thanks."

Fabian: "Well lispy, I'm afraid I'm going to try and get some sleep now." Fabian announced, standing up and stretching.

Fabian: "But I wouldn't worry about your kitchen incident too much. People talk but there's a lot of shit to say about everyone here."

Walt: "Thanks...I guess," Walt said, settling down again, unsure if he'd have any such luck with Cecilia in the room, but he'd try. "Night, Fabian."

Fabian: Fabian gave a mock salute as he crawled over Cecilia to get to his usual side, flopping right back into his spot