7/10 Instance: 99% Alcohol

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/10 Instance: 99% Alcohol

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Mayday: Humming discordantly to herself, Mayday stirred away at her new attempt at cake mix, pausing to reach across for another piece of the last cake she'd made. She laughed as she chewed and swallowed the chocolatey confection, stumbling a little as she reached for the rum bottle beside the plate.

Mayday: She was not yet aware of her drunkenness. The rum bottle being quite a bit more empty than when she'd started made her give it a questioning look as she added a splash to the cake mix, pondering to herself whether or not this was, indeed, how someone made 'rum cake'.

Mayday: Maybe it was just a name....maybe it didn't have rum in it? She nodded slowly to her mental notes, placing the bottle down carefully and turning around with the bowl, raising it to eye level. Could you even get drunk off of cake? Was she?

Mayday: Did the taste shots of different kinds of rum before cause her to be? There were six.....or was it seven?

Cecilia: Cecilia wandered into a kitchen and had a good laugh at the scene before her. "Baking driving you to drink? I'll admit I sorta feel that way sometimes too and I can actually cook decently."

Mayday: "….Oh, God, it was twelve...", Mayday giggled, lowering the bowl and grinning at her friend, "I'ma tryin' to make rum cake. Aaaand the rum is g-..!", she snorted, laughing out loud, "Oooooh, my God, the rum is gone! Hahahaha!"

Cecilia: Cecilia picked up said rum bottle. "Shit man, did you drink this all yourself?" Well, maybe she wasn't one to talk, the fact that she outdrank both Sebastian and Kevin said something about her drinking habits. "What's the occasion?"

Mayday: Mayday shrugged, "I'm bored. Really, really, really, really, really bored.", she groaned, stirring away at her cake mix, "My life feels like it's on pause and it's killin' me...."

Cecilia: Cecilia hopped up on one of the bar stools to watch the show. "Well, it's gonna get started real quick with all this," she muttered, highly amused. "Well, a quiet life isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd definitely go for some of that right about now."

Mayday: "Are you kiddin'!?", Mayday shook her head profusely, "I wanna take the centre stage! I didn't invent all those ass-kickin' gadgets so I could be benched!", she turned around, raising her spatula, "I want excitement! I want action! I want rum cake to work!"

Mayday: A droplet of mix from the spatula fell onto her nose as she looked back down at Cecilia, "Noooobody invites me out anymooooore!"

Cecilia: "Well, I've been a bit busy this last little while," Cecilia admitted. "And things are only gonna get worse. My brother's wedding is in a couple weeks and I've got my hands full making sure Fabian's alright and work and X-Men stuff now that we might have another missing person..."

Cecilia: She shrugged helplessly. "I dunno what to tell you...my life's become crazy and that's not even my problems there."

Mayday: Mayday raised an eyebrow, "We have someone missing?", she hummed to herself, considering who it might be, "...ya think I'd have heard, ah?", she sniffed awkwardly, feeling something on her nose, "A-and somethin's up with Fabian?"

Mayday: She sighed, looking a little saddened, "Oooh, honey...", reaching for the bottle of rum and handing it to Cecilia, "...look.", she waved the bottle, putting on a strange voice, "'Hello, Cee-Cee! I'm Mr. Rum-bo!'"

Cecilia: "We might," Cecilia stressed. "Only Drew's gone, so I'm not too worried yet. She's vanished before and from what I hear she left a note so I'm not entirely convinced she's been nabbed - not yet, at any rate."

Cecilia: Cecilia just raised an eyebrow at Mayday's antics. "'Course there is. His sister lead a team that assassinated a presidential candidate. That's sorta a big thing to him." She frowned. "What's with you?"

Mayday: "…Hm?", the redhead blinked a few times, placing the bottle down in front of Cecilia, "It's caaaalled 'being a good friend', and I'm really good at it!", she beamed, "As for Fabsy's sister I had no idea she was leadin' them..."

Cecilia: "Well, I don't know if she was 'leading' anything so much as carrying out orders," Cecilia admitted, the memory of the woman's blank eyes - eyes so similar to someone she was so fond of - as she aimed the gun right at her...

Cecilia: She sighed heavily. "'Course, it's just our fucking luck that the one Acolyte that actually turns up is Shinobi Shaw," she said, practically spitting the surname name out.

Mayday: Snorting, Mayday grinned, "Kiiiinda funny though...", she hummed, "See, we all know Shaw is a bit....shiftaaaay with sex, right? And then a guy turns up claiming to be his son...is it such a far cry to assume?"

Cecilia: "If the guy were a little younger, maybe, but Sebastian's thirty-three and Shinobi's our age," Cecilia said, making a face. "He's told me it's not even remotely possible that this guy is his son so I'm gonna take his word for it since he'd know better than me." She eyed Mayday. "You might not wanna mention that to him. He's really touchy about the whole thing."

Mayday: "Ooooooh, riiiight.", Mayday nodded again, turning to start pouring the mix into another bowl, "That's ...super duper complicated. I think I'll ask my Mom about it....", she paused a moment, "....naaaaaaaaaaw, fuck dat!"

Cecilia: Cecilia eyed Mayday. "...Are you sure you're okay? You seem...off."

Mayday: Spinning around on her feet, Mayday raised a finger, pausing for a few beats as she attempted to figure out her next sentence, ending with, "Can you get drunk off rum cake?"

Cecilia: "You mean can I personally or is it theoretically possible?" Cecilia decided to simplify things and answer both at the same time. "No, when you bake something with alcohol in it the stuff just burns out, so when you're making rum cake you're really just making rum-flavoured cake."

Mayday: "…Maybe it was more than twelve shots after all.", Mayday half whispered, approaching the bottle on the table before Cecilia and pinning it with a glare, "You liiiiiiied to me, Mr. Rum-bo!"

Cecilia: "It's just science, man. No need to take it out on the booze," Cecilia chuckled. "So how're things going? I mean, besides the disappointment with the rum cake."

Mayday: "Did I mention that boooooooooooring is my life?", Mayday groaned again, going about putting the baking bowl into the oven, "Nothing's going on. Nothing of note...think Robin was meant to visit me but....eeh..."

Cecilia: "So you met your brother, then? How'd that go?"

Mayday: "It was good, actually!", Mayday smiled to herself, grabbing the plate with the remnants of her last cake on it and carrying it over to Cecilia's table, sitting down with her, "He...won't tell me anything about his work or stuff...seems to want to know more about me."

Cecilia: "Glad to hear it," Cecilia said. "Whereabouts does he live?"

Mayday: "Harlem...", the redhead answered, "Apparently he moved there in the last.....sometime....", she shrugged, "H-he er....he doesn't tell me a lot about himself. B-but he used to date Cassie! Which....is weird."

Cecilia: "Jesus, both've you lived just over the river from my old 'hood," Cecilia laughed. "I don't really see Cassie as the dating type."

Mayday: Mayday concurred with a nod, "Yeah. And lookin' at Robin, you'd believe it even less.", she grinned, "I think you'd hate him."

Cecilia: "Why's that?"

Mayday: "He err…he's very much more...'street' than me."

Cecilia: "Oh shit, is he a 'wangsta'?" Cecilia laughed. "Oh my God, that's soooo bad! Yeah, I gotta say while I wouldn't hate him necessarily I wouldn't invite him to my block party or anything." She snorted and shook her head. "Don't get me wrong. I got nothing against white people, I just prefer that they act like white people, there's such a thing as trying too hard."

Mayday: "…I-Is that racist? I think that's racist.", Mayday laughed, pushing the cake forward, "Eeeeat. I command you."

Cecilia: "Don't mind if I do," she said, helping herself to some cake. "I dunno, maybe a little. Don't worry though, even if it's genetic and you start wearing bling and rapping at me I'll still be your friend...we'll just have to be secret friends."

Mayday: Mayday laughed, "Ok, ok, but what about when black people start acting whiter than milk?", she leaned forward, "Eh, Cee? What then, hm? What theeeen?"

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "I dunno, I suppose rich white people's dreams'll come true." She thought for a moment. "I don't think I'm especially one way or another. When I'm at home I feel like the odd man out 'cause I'm 'the college girl' that thinks she's better than everyone else and is trying to be the next Michelle Obama...but here I feel really ghetto and outta place…so I dunno"

Mayday: "You keep fitting stereotypes, stop fittin' stereotypes.", Mayday giggled, hiccuping and burping, "...oh, my God, I sounded so fat!"

Cecilia: Cecilia snorted. "Thanks May, I didn't think I was quite Steve Urkel or Fifty Cent but if you say so..." She rolled her eyes. "Fat...what bull." Her own ass was going to hit the ground someday, she was certain, she'd just accepted that fact now and bought stretchier pants.

Mayday: With a shrug, Mayday beamed, "Welp, nothin' for it!", she raised the bottle of rum again, "Drink moooooore!"

Cecilia: Cecilia just laughed again. "I think you need actual rum for that."

Mayday: "...eh?", Mayday sniggered, looking at the bottle and noticing there was little more than a shot in it, "....what the hell kind of joke is this!?", she turned around, leaving the bottle and sliding down onto the floor. Crawling over to the wine cabinet she started going over the different bottles, "Drink, drink, drink, driiiiiink!!!"

Cecilia: Cecilia got up and watched Mayday go through the bottles. "I dunno, I think you might've had enough. Christ knows you don't need a hangover, right?"

Mayday: Mayday looked over her shoulder, moving her rear out of the way to give Cecilia a scrutinizing look, "I thought you were cooooool..."

Cecilia: Cecilia shrugged, not really sure what do with that. "Sorry to disappoint."

Mayday: Sighing, Mayday stood up, "I suppose you have a point - booo! Boo for logic! Boooo!"

Cecilia: "As difficult as it is, the logical way is often the best way," Cecilia admitted a bit ruefully.

Mayday: "Then I'd better go get a bath or somethin'....", Mayday mused, making a drooling sound, "Oh, gaaaaahd, I want a bath sooooooo baaaad..."

Cecilia: Cecilia frowned. "Maybe you better make that a shower, wouldn't wanna fall asleep in the tub, that'd be a pretty pathetic way to die after all the shit we've been through."

Mayday: Snorting, Mayday nodded, "I know, right? Imagine THAT!", she laughed, shaking her head, "Naaw, I'ma ask Jan if she wants to join me. I can clean that sexy, sweat-drippin' bod.....", biting her lip, she swooned, "Oh, God, you have just never seen hips so......uber."

Cecilia: Cecilia rubbed the back of her neck uncomfortably. "Riiight...well, I guess I'll see you later," she said, making a mental note never to use the tub in her bathroom ever.

Mayday: "Cee! Waaaait!", Mayday hopped over to the counter, landing both hands on it, "We haven't fixed my mundane little life yet!"

Cecilia: Cecilia thought for a moment. "Well, have you started on your Halloween costume yet? You love that sorta stuff and I think you're gonna have to work hard to top that this year."

Mayday: "I finished it already!", Mayday moaned, "AND Hisako's one! AND one for Laura - if she wants it - AND I started one for Janet!"

Mayday: She sank down onto a stool, groaning again, "So bored....I-I wanna...buy fireworks and just shoot them into the moon..."

Cecilia: "Well, you could go arrange shenanigans with Fabian," Cecilia said. "God knows he needs the distraction now that his parents might be coming over."

Mayday: Mayday nodded, "O-ok! OK! Right! Tell Fabsy to meet me on the roof in....aaaaah....", she glanced over at the clock on the wall, "Three hours! And tell him to bring a lighter, ok?!"

Cecilia: "...Sure," Cecilia said, making a mental note to text Janet and to tag along so nobody lit something on fire or fell off the roof.

Mayday: "Yaaaaay! Woooo!", Mayday applauded, "Let's get it OOOOOOON!"