7/11 Instance: Going Through Changes

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

7/11 Instance: Going Through Changes

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Hi, Ho, Silver!

Sophie: Sophie wasn't really sure how long she had stayed in the medical lab, which was unusual. There was nothing physically wrong with her after Professor O'Keefe had healed her, but everything was different. She couldn't explain it. Everything just felt and looked a little different.

Sophie: After she couldn't really justify staying in the medical lab any longer, she slowly made her way to Julian's room, hoping Bruce wasn't there. She really didn't want to have to deal with him when she didn't know what was wrong with her. Upon arrival, Sophie tucked a bit of her hair behind her ear and knocked on the door.

Julian: Glancing between the door and the screen of his laptop at the offending noise, Julian let out a sigh, paused the anime he'd borrowed from Hisako, and removed his feet from his desk. Placing the laptop in the spot his feet had occupied, he got up and crossed the room to answer. Hopefully, it wasn't somebody for Bruce. Again.

Sophie: "Hey..." Sophie said, awkwardly. "I, um... did you... I had an accident."

Julian: "Hey," Julian greeted before his brow furrowed in concern, "Wait, you what?!"

Sophie: "Can I come in?" She asked, still somewhat awkwardly.

Julian: Julian opened his mouth to ask about this accident again, closed it, and clenched his jaw to prevent himself from overwhelming her with worry over what had happened, simply stepping aside instead.

Sophie: Sophie moved automatically to his bed, sitting down and hugging her knees to her chest for a moment as she collected her thoughts. "I went riding with one of the professors, Dr. Summers. Stardust got spooked, and I didn't hold on well enough or calm him down. I fell off backward and hit my head."

Julian: He watched her and blinked as she revealed what had happened. Then, he realized he was standing around like an idiot and quickly went to sit on the edge of the bed, "…But you're okay, right?"

Sophie: "I... physically, yes. Dr. O'Keefe said I was fine... but I don''t feel fine." Sophie glanced over at Julian.

Julian: His brow furrowed at the admission as he tried to figure out if there was actually anything different. When he realized his staring was probably borderline creepy, he averted his gaze and asked, "Such as?"

Sophie: "Like... I haven't been on my schedule for a few days now... and I'm fine." She tucked her hair behind her ear, looking away as well.

Julian: Now, Julian was positive he was staring at her like she was insane. Looking over to the clock, he realized it was just past six in the evening, and his gaze shot back to her. "You're not eating dinner…"

Sophie: "Exactly. And, it's..." she looked at the clock, "past time. And, I don't care. Something is wrong, Julian... I don't understand!"

Julian: Holding his hands up, he quickly stated, "D-don't freak out… It's… I-I'm sure it's fine…"

Sophie: "How is it fine? O'Keefe said there s nothing wrong with me... but there is. You know there is."

Julian: "Well, is it really such a bad thing to not be freaking over the fact you aren't eating dinner?" Julian hesitantly wondering, hoping the question didn't result in even more freaking out because he wasn't very good at dealing with it.

Sophie: "Julian... I've freaked out over what time it was my entire life."

Julian: "So, isn't it sort of a relief not to?"

Sophie: "Well... yes... but that isn't the point, Julian."

Julian: Julian sighed, unsure of exactly what she wanted to hear. "Have you told the doctors about it?"

Sophie: "Of course I told them. They don't get it."

Julian: "So, tell them again?" he was at a loss for what else to suggest because he had no ideas either.

Sophie: "I don't know what's wrong through." Didn't he listen? "What am I supposed to tell them? I don't care what time it is anymore?"

Julian: Julian shook his head, "I don't know…?"

Sophie: Sophie pulled her knees to her chest again, pressing her forehead against them. "Am I crazy?"

Julian: "Well, I guess it could be a possibility," he commented with a small shrug, offering, "I've heard this place has that effect on people…"

Sophie: Sophie laughed at him, shoving him a bit. "It's not funny... but I might have heard that too."

Julian: Julian laughed at well, though he stifled it at the shove in order to simply stare at her some more, clearly confused. "…You touched me."

Sophie: She matched his stare, slight horror and confusion filling her face. "I did... Julian... What is happening to me?"

Julian: Offering a helpless shrug, he resisted the urge to ask how he was supposed to know and was sure he looked completely lost. He'd never really had to reassure anyone they weren't having some sort of mental break before, and he wasn't actually all that good at reassuring people in general. It just wasn't his area of expertise. However, neither was anything else… except for, maybe, failure.

Sophie: Falling back on his bed, she gave an exasperated sigh. "Everything just... feels different."

Julian: "Probably because it has been?" he tried.

Sophie: "Maybe so... Maybe it will go away? And I'll go back to normal?" She sat up again, hopeful.

Julian: Not wanting to completely crush any hopes she had, Julian gave a hand shrug, reaching up to rub at the back of his neck while he nodded. He simply offered, "Maybe."

Sophie: Sophie sat there for a minute, twirling a bit of her hair. "But... Do I want it to go back to normal?"

Julian: "Do you?" he questioned, still unsure of what else to say.

Sophie: "It's... I don't know. It isn't exactly bad. It's terrifying because everything is completely different, but I don't know that it's bad."

Julian: "So, just give it some time…" Julian replied, "I mean, I guess you'll either go back to normal, or you'll readjust, right?"

Sophie: "Yeah... That's right." She smiled and wrapped him into a hug.

Julian: Julian wasn't used to this hugging business with her, but he tentatively returned it, still half-expecting her to freak out at the contact. Regardless, he attempted to reassure her, "Yep, everything will end up okay."

Sophie: Sophie smiled and relaxed a bit. "Yeah... I think it will. Thank you, Julian."