7/14 Instance: Buffet of Happiness

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/14 Instance: Buffet of Happiness

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined sometime after Tony for President

<Jean-Paul> He had seen the assassinations over the news time and time again and, for a while afterwards, it had actually been a little hard to believe he had been there but as he had finished taking his things from the campaign office back he had more than enough time to dwell on the event.

<Reed> Having searched the entire campus without finding his prey, Reed stood back and frowned, taking a moment to think. Blinking into the sun, he looked up and then smiled. Stretching up and out, Reed's hands grabbed the side of the rood and the rest of him contracted upwards.

<Jean-Paul> He didn't notice the rapidly rising head until it was level to him and Jean-Paul couldn't help but smile at the appearance. "Are you doing your giraffe impression, Reed?"

<Reed> "More like my extremely long torso impression," he gave a lopsided smile and pulled the rest of his body up and to it's normal shape. "I've been looking for you."

<Jean-Paul> "Have I been gone long?" Jean-Paul frowned and looked down at his watch to see just how long he had been up here. "I'm sorry, I lost track of time."

<Reed> "It's okay, I was just worried about you. I know you wanted to time to think but...I don't think you should be alone too much right now," he shook his head and walked over to JP, sitting next to him.

<Jean-Paul> "...you're probably right." He admitted, sighing and stretching his legs out in front of him to better sit closer to Reed. "I've not gone all broody on you, have I? I think I'd be shit at that."

<Reed> "Broody, no. Just quiet and thoughtful in a very artful way," he smiled and rested a hand on JP's leg. "Do you wanna talk about it? I know I haven't really been around much lately, but if you need me I'm here."

<Jean-Paul> "I don't even really know what to say. I mean, I even went in knowing something like this was a possibility and I don't quite know what to think...though I wasn't expecting a whole attack to descend on a place or something but still."

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul shook his head. "I'm okay, it just shook me more than I realized, I suppose."

<Reed> Reed nodded and wrapped his arms around JP ", it's okay. It's okay to be shaken. It was a rather shocking event."

<Jean-Paul> "We both have been through plenty of shocking events though so I'm not really sure that's even it."

<Reed> "We all have our breaking points, it's just different for some people than it is for others. But maybe it is something else. Any theories?"

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul gave another uncertain shrug. "I don't really know. I guess I just was sort of hoping for too much, you know? I could have seen myself with a future working my way up there. I mean, I know it's not the career I thought I would have but it would certainly have made a difference if things hadn't gotten all shot to hell."

<Reed> Leaning over, Reed pressed a kiss to JP's temple and rested his chin on his shoulder ", whatever you do, you'll be brilliant."

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul smirked back at him. "Well that goes without saying now, doesn't it?" He leaned back against him. "I suppose it was just too soon, hmm?"

<Reed> "If it felt like the right time then it was. Sometimes though.....sometimes our lives are just insanity. Life has a nasty way of being the biggest bitch." Reed held JP close and gently rubbed his back.

<Jean-Paul> "We'll move up when we move up." he nodded. "And I'll be sure to still be involved in it. I promise not to get shot, though. I'm pretty good to avoid such things."

<Reed> "I don't know what I'd do if you got shot. Though, I guess the world has already seen what it looks like when I lose my mind," he buried his nose in JP's neck. "When the time comes, everything will fall into place."

<Jean-Paul> "I could probably catch a bullet, you don't have to worry about me with that." Jean-Paul decided to attempt to be reassuring as Reed had been. "I'll do my best to never make you lose your mind. I like you sane better."

<Reed> "Everyone likes it better when I'm sane. Otherwise I invent dangerous and stupid things," he kissed JP's forehead and smiled ", just because I don't have to, doesn't mean I won't worry. Just like you know my skin is super tough but you'll still worry."

<Jean-Paul> "It's our job, isn't it?" a chuckle slipped out at that idea but it was nice all the same.

<Reed> Holding his partner tighter, Reed smiled ", it is our job. Have you eaten lunch? You've been up here a while."

<Jean-Paul> "I am starving...I had eaten it though but I can always eat more." Jean-Paul answered truthfully and most fervently as he stood up.

<Reed> "Lets go get you something to eat. My treat, wherever you want to go," he smiled and stood up as well.

<Jean-Paul> "Somewhere with a buffet that I've not been thrown out of yet." Jean-Paul teased, offering his hands to Reed. "I can fly us wherever we like."

<Reed> Reed thought a moment and slid his arms around his partner ", so the local Golden Coral. Got it." He smiled and rested his chin on JP's shoulder.

<Jean-Paul> "..yeah, pretty much." Jean-Paul admitted, grabbing Reed up and kicking off from the rooftop. "You realize if I do become a chef the restaurant will never make any money, right?"

<Reed> "That's why you'll have to eat at restaurants that isn't your own," he grinned and nuzzled against him as they moved.

<Jean-Paul> "It's also why I should maybe consider that government career as well, just so I don't eat my way out of a job."

<Reed> "I'll make sure that you get food. Don't worry about that," he grinned at his boyfriend.

<Jean-Paul> "You know if you feed me I'll never go home." Jean-Paul warned jokingly, landing on the sidewalk near their destination after a quick speed-flight.

<Reed> "Why would I want you to go home without me," he stepped to the ground and took JP's hand.

<Jean-Paul> "Good point, that is a very good point. God knows what you'd do without me. I mean, other than science...actually you wouldn't do anything other than science, would you?"

<Reed> "No I wouldn't and they'd never find me until I was dead and holding a test tube," he nodded sagely.

<Jean-Paul> "So you'll never be rid of me. After school I'll still be glued to your side." Jean-Paul grabbed the door, motioning Reed on through. "As long as you're okay with that."

<Reed> "I'm okay with that," he went through and then waited for him.

<Jean-Paul> "Then I'm okay with that, too." Jean-Paul laughed, ducking on inside.