9/10 Instance: Disassembled: Someone to Rely On

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

9/10 Instance: Disassembled: Someone to Rely On

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After "Blood in a Glass".

Robin: With a sigh, Robin leaned forward, rubbing his eyes and reaching for his mug of coffee on the table before the sofa. He glanced to Cassandra as he took a few gulps, unsure of what to say now.

Robin: He knew there was nothing he could put into words that would alleviate the pain, or even offer some recompense. He felt a chasm of hurt, and a burning anger that his sister was in danger but....he was old and wise enough to know he was powerless.

Robin: Lowering the cup, he turned to the raven haired girl, "...I...can't even imagine how you're feelin'. I'm sorry, babe..."

Cassie: "Don't be," Cassandra told her former boyfriend, managing a small smile over the rim of the coffee cup cradled between her hands. "Not for me, anyway." The smile faded, and she glanced down at the hot beverage, her gaze lost in its blackness. "I was lucky... others weren't."

Cassie: "I appreciate the sentiment, however," she added, her expression slightly brightening as she looked up at the boy sitting across from her. "Besides, I didn't come here to cry out my heart. I thought you should know what happened, and that your sister is okay."

Robin: Robin exhaled softly, nodding slowly at her. She'd mentioned Mayday was alright, but every time she did it made it easier for him, like it needed re-affirming, as if the longer he left it before hearing the words the more risk she was at somehow? He tutted at himself, "This is insane.",

Robin: Sipping more coffee he considered where to steer the conversation to, finger raising as he thought of something; "So....the school's gone. What now? Are you gonna....rebuild it? Did they find anyone involved?"

Cassie: "I think we've moved beyond insanity a while ago," Cassandra replied, her eyes once more trying to gaze at the bottom of the black liquid. "No, there's only one word to describe this - pandemonium." Her breath produced small ripples on the surface of her coffee as she softly blew on it. "And I wish I knew the answer to any of these questions."

Cassie: After taking a careful sip, she leaned back in her chair. "I doubt anyone really got a plan right now," she continued, her tone and expression thoughtful. "No one even knows how things could have gone so wrong."

Robin: Robin placed his cup down, watching Cassandra carefully. She'd always been so strong, so beautiful and kind. He, too, was baffled as to why anyone could have president to attack a school. And attempting to harm her? He cast his eyes to his room, eyes on the ebony cupboard.

Robin: With another sigh, he stood and approached her, sitting at her side and resting his hand on her shoulder, "Cass, you know I'm here for you. I...", he swallowed, "...truth is, Cassie, I never, ever stopped loving you. And I know you....probably moved on but, man, I just....", he sighed, "...look, I'll do anything you need, 'k? Anything."

Cassie: Cassandra lowered her cup and held it in one hand, freeing one to reach up and rest it on top of Robin's. "Thank you," she said, managing another faint smile. "It feels good to know someone if there to have your back - or to just invite you to a cup of coffee when you're on the run from crazy terrorists who want you dead."

Robin: "Either or.", Robin laughed a little, kissing her hand. His lips lingered there for a moment, stubble stroking her skin, eyes closed as he breathed her in before moving just a little bit away, smiling at her softly.

Cassie: "And offer me a place to stay?" Cassanndra's words were neither entirely question or statement, the smile on her lips as inscrutable as her tone. "For the old times sake, I presume?" Now she looked actually amused. Her fingers still lingered on top of his.

Robin: "For you.", he replied, smirking a little more, "You know I'd do anything for you. Only four people on that list, and you were there first."

Cassie: Cassandra's smile grew slightly bigger as she chuckled softly. "It's nice to know I'm still welcome," she said, titling her head. "Even though I have plenty of places to hide from the bad people and their monsters. Don't think staying at an actual college made me lose any of my savvy."

Robin: With a snort, Robin moved back, "Oh, well, if you've got somewhere better stay....", he raised his hands, mocking a surrender.

Cassie: "Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the offer," Cassandra replied, his reaction provoking another smile from the teenaged girl. "I just think it might be wiser to stay moving for the moment. I wouldn't want the people who're after us to find out where I stay. Not when it would get another person I care for into the line of fire."

Robin: Sighing again, Robin nodded, "Yeah....yeah, that's a good point.", he scratched his head awkwadly; he'd never exactly dealt with full-blown domestic terrorists before so he couldn't really comment. He could, however, assist her in other ways.

Robin: Standing, he made for his room, stopping dead as he heard his phone ring on the table...

Cassie: "Besides, I want to check on Mayday and see how she's holding up," Cassandra remarked, falling silent when the phone started ringing. Watching Robin pace through the room, she lifted her cup again and took another sip of coffee.

Robin: Robin scooped the phone up, brow twitching at the lack of number. He answered the call, phone to his ear, "Yes?"

Robin: The words were unheard by anyone but him. He knew how these calls worked though. No need to speak, just listen. Moments later, the call was disconnected, and he slipped his phone into his pocket without a word.

Cassie: "Is something wrong?" Cassandra asked, noticing the expression on Robin's face. Sitting with her legs crossed underneath her, she rested her elbows against her knees and kept the cup cradled in both hands.

Robin: Taking a deep breath, he glanced over at her, "You need to go, 'k?", he said shortly, heading for his room.

Cassie: "Oh, good, that's not ominous at all," Cassandra remarked, not even having to put any sarcasm into her voice to make it sound that way. "Why, afraid any girlfriend might find me here?"

Robin: Robin ignored the joke, opening his cupboard and removing a pair of holser straps, both containing silver guns, "Cassie, seriously, I need you to go away.", he looked back at her, "Seriously...", he paused, shaking his head and looking at his bed, pushing it aside with a burst of effort.

Robin: He removed two false floorboards, reaching into the gap and opening the safe he had hidden beneath.

Cassie: "And you thought the best way to convince me to leave is by acting suspicious and obviously preparing for trouble?" Cassandra put the half-empty cup of coffee down on the table in front of her, but made no other move indicating that she planned to leave. "Robin... what's this all about? You didn't get yourself into trouble, did you?"

Robin: "Nope.", he called back to her, drawing out large stacks of dollar bills and resting them to one side.

Robin: He glanced over to her, "Bring me a bag. I should have a sports one behind the sofa."

Cassie: "I thought you wanted me to leave," Cassandra remarked, nevertheless getting up to head for the sofa. Kneeling on top, she leaned over the back to peek at what was hidden behind it. "You know, I never questioned what kind of deals you poked her head in, because I was always sure you're smart enough to get it out of the noose again before things get serious."

Cassie: Finding what she was looking for, she pulled out the empty bag. "You'd tell me if you needed any help, wouldn't you?" Turning to look at the boy, she tossed him the bag. "You're welcome, by the way."

Robin: Robin caught the bag, stuffing money into it and counting it in his head, looking up at her, "....you mentioned Jonas, too, right?", he nodded, as if answering his own question before stuffing more money into the bag, zipping it up and sliding it across the floor to Cassandra's feet, "For you and May. There's a little extra for you to take care o' him too if you need it."

Robin: He stood, reaching into the cupboard and withdrawing a long, hooded coat. Grey on the outside, and blood red on the inside, "Look, I know it's weird but I can't tell you anything.", he reached out for her chin, raising her face up to his, "Cassie...", he gave her 'his' look.

Cassie: Meeting his gaze, Cassandra took a deep breath and let out a sigh. "It's okay," she eventually replied, an uneven smile playing across her lips. "I know I should probably ask what you're doing, or where all that money lying at my feet came from, but you know what? I trust you." Her smile became less strained. "For the old time's sake."

Robin: "Thank you.", Robin nodded, drawing one of his weapons and snapping the mag free, double-checking that it was loaded before looking up at Cassandra again. He remained silent, sliding the mag back into the fun, cocking it and handing it to her.

Cassie: Cassandra reluctantly took the gun from him, suspiciously eyeing the weapon as she weighed it in her hand. "No," she said a moment later, giving Robin a gentle smile along with the gun. "You might have more use for it than me. Besides, should things get so bad that my powers can't help me out, that gun won't do me any good anymore."

Robin: With a frown, Robin accepted the firearm back, "I guess you're right.", he reluctantly accepted, knelling down to lift the bag for her, "You just.....stay safe, alright?", he took a look at her face a few moments, closing his eyes and muttering, "....fuck it.", before holding her close and pressing a kiss against her lips.

Cassie: Much to her own surprise, Cassandra's instinct was not to retreat from the unexpected kiss, but lean in to it instead. With her eyes closed, she allowed her lips to linger against his for a moment. "Hey, don't worry," she replied, opening her eyes again to smile awkwardly. "You know I can look after myself."

Cassie: She wrapped her arms around the offered bag and clutched it to her chest. "You be safe, too, you hear?"

Robin: "Please...", he scoffed, "I'm a cut-throat baller, ain't nobody causin' me trouble.", he smirked, "Now go on, get out of here. And watch yourself: I lost you once, fuck if I'm losin' you again."

Cassie: "Then I better not tell you of all the times I came close to being killed." Cassandra snickered, the unnatural darkness already rising up around her. "Or that one time I actually was." Engulfing her body, the shadows formed the portal the girl disappeared through, before vanishing themselves.

Robin: Robin laughed at her disappearing act. Typical Cassandra; leave the audience wanting more and disappear without a trace. He took a deep breath, sliding the gun back into his coat and throwing up his hood before throwing his hand to one side, the air beside him seeming to tear open like paper.

Robin: The 'tear' crackled with what appeared to be lightning and fire, whipping up a gust that blew around papers in his room, making the anomally appear more imposing. With another deep breath, he let himself fall into it, the impossible portal closing just the same as it had appeared, swallowing him whole.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 9/10 Instance: Disassembled: Someone to Rely On

Post by Slarti »

:shifty Not at all mysterious.