9/15 Instance: Disassembled : The Price of Survival

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

9/15 Instance: Disassembled : The Price of Survival

Post by Starfish »

Timelined in the Prancing Jackalope after the school gets destroyed.

Hisako: Having managed to finally get her mind to calm enough to sleep, Hisako lay on her side, holding her sword close to her chest as her brow twitched involuntarily. Still clothed, she lay atop the blanket on the back room bed of the club, morning sun beaming down in streaks of orange-white onto her shuddering form.
Though tired, her mind couldn't help but dream. To her dismay, she could recall in blurred detail the events that unfolded hours before. Screaming, shouting, explosions and gunfire. Her sword, her clothes, scarlet with blood, the burning pain in her eye, the dying cries of those she loved and cared for. A whimper left her mouth, her form curling in on itself and gripping the Samidare tighter.

Elizabeth: Elizabeth couldn't sleep the pain from her leg was keeping her awake and lack of sleeping tablets meant unless she drank herself down she was not going to dream land tonight, however she was well on her way their thanks to a new bottle of JD in her hand. On the way past back room where Hisako was resting she heard the girls noises and paused, no one liked sleeping through nightmares did they? Pushing the door open she cleared her throat. "Hisako?"

Hisako: The small sound was enough to break Hisako's hellish trance. Her eye flicked open as she jumped up, turning her sword's saya around and drawing the blade in a fluid movement, pointing it at Elizabeth with fear and shock on her tired face. Breathless, she took a few moments to register the other girl, "....G-gomenasai.", she managed, lowering the sword with a sigh, "Gomenasai"

Elizabeth: Elizabeth flinched away from the fast movements and the hand not holding the bottle was now holding onto a physical impression of her powers, the glowing purple force even trying to look like Hisako's sword. "Arigatou?" She offered, the only word she knew in Japanese despite her looks.

Hisako: A dry laugh broke the silence as Hisako noted the word, "Your accent is so bad, but yes, that would be a response.", she sat back down on the bed with another sigh, "It was not just a dream huh?"

Elizabeth: Elizabeth shook her head, although clean from the staff showers her clothes were still torn and blood and she had a hunted out of focus look in her eyes. "No that happened, people are still turning up. Surprised you can sleep at all."
Smiling a little the power in her hand dissipated. "Sorry despite my looks I can't speak a damn word of your weird lingo."

Hisako: "You are so Western it's almost gross.", Hisako joked, sounding strained, "What is that power?"

Elizabeth: "I'm British, the only way I'll get more western is if I start cramming hot dogs down my throat and washing them down with hamburgers." Looking at her hand for a second and shrugging, finishing off the silent sentence with a swig of her whiskey. "Fuck knows honestly."

Hisako: Looking confused, Hisako raised an eyebrow, "You don't know? But.....it is your power, how do you not know?"

Elizabeth: " I get pissed off or scared I figure out how to do something knew, like the flying earlier and now this blade thing, but I haven't figured out what it does yet. All the teachers have been so busy with the Hydra stuff and kidnapped students.... well I didn't want to waste time with pretty lights." Waving her hand in front of her face to see if she could get it to glow again.

Hisako: Standing up, the Japanese girl turned to her, "Take one second, take a deep breath and then try it."

Elizabeth: Raising an eyebrow at Hisako's sudden interest in her powers she held her hand up and took a deep breath and tried to make her hand glow once more while she was sort of calm. Nothing. However a second attempt after a memory of her father popped up had a sudden wash of light encasing her fist.

Hisako: Smirking a little, Hisako placed her sword down on the bed, raising her own hand and flickering her amber force field katana into existence, "To make this, I focus on a shape. In my memory is the shape, weight and image of a sword. It took a long time, but now I can make this so easy."

Elizabeth: "You know when I first wake up I struggle to make coffee, you wake up and your straight in the zone apparently." Smiling through the alcoholic blur she nodded and realized Hisako was god damn beautiful for a long moment. "That's pretty damn cool...." Eyes finally finding the sword.

Hisako: Blinking the construct away, Hisako sat down again, taking her sword back into her lap, "To be honest, I have the worst headache now...", she admitted.

Elizabeth: Elizabeth just held out the whiskey bottle to the girl as she stepped into the room a bit more, edging in like she was invading a secret hide out. "No painkiller like sexy Jack Daniels, makes all of my headaches go away."

Hisako: Hisako sighed, shrugging and holding out a hand for the bottle, "Accepted.",

Elizabeth: She had to focus a little to put the bottle right into the girls hand but after that stumbling for a stair took minimal hand eye co-ordination. "Your welcome, being dry for a whole 2 months has killed me."

Hisako: Still having trouble with her own, Hisako faltered with the bottle a little, her depth perception still completely shot. She opened the bottle, gracious smile and nod to Elizabeth before sipping the contents, wincing as she swallowed and shuddering a little at the taste, "Aku shumi...", she deadpanned.

Elizabeth: "The weathers not bad?" She chuckled watching the girl opposite her and wondering how the students were going to cope with all this... including new limb/eye loss problems.

Hisako: "No, the taste.", Hisako raised the bottle, gesturing to it with her head, "The taste is bad.", she offered it back, scratching at her eye patch with her other hand, "The velvet is so itchy..."

Elizabeth: "You must be tasting different whiskey to me then." Taking the bottle and another good swig from it. "Don't pull your stitches out we don't need another ambulance call out k?" Rubbing her bandaged up knee as it ached at her through the drink.

<Hisako> With a smirk, Hisako shook her head, "There are no stitches. Anna healed it...", she frowned a little, "B-but....she could not remake the eye. S-so...."

<@Elizabeth> "So no depth perception anymore?" Tilting her head at the other girl and thinking she got off lightly with the dislocated knee. Sipping this time rather then just chugging it down in a rather thoughtful manner.

<Hisako> "I think so...", she admitted with a sigh, "I-I found it hard to go to the bathroom...", she admitted with a blush, "G-getting there, I mean. Not that I found it hard t-....", she snorted despite herself, "Gomen....that was a gross thing to talk about."

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth snorted her whiskey then trying not to choke as she started laughing. "Haha! No worries, promise I won't challenge you to table tennis or anything till you figure it out, apparently the human brain can adapt to shit like that."

<Hisako> Hisako nodded, not feeling so confident, "I hope.", she whispered, "....I don't know, this is just....horrible."

<@Elizabeth> Liz came over and patted her arm alittle. "Hey hey, chin up girl. You can get used to it and carry one. People missing alot more then you have done great things with themselves. And think of all the students you helped saved despite your injury."

<Hisako> Shaking her head, the Japanese girl looked away, "W-what I did to save them....", she closed her eye, looking to be in deep emotional pain, "...I-I cannot believe I did these things..."

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth took a deep breath and sighed then. "I take it you went the extra mile to defend our home as well?" Remembering the people she'd flung out of her way and how they'd crumpled so very easily.

<Hisako> "D-don't say it to anyone, please!", Hisako pleaded, turning to her, "I-I don't want to....t-to go to prison or....I had no choice! T-they killed so many and I thought I would die too!"

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth looked up then and met her eyes, not flinching from the gaze. "I won't tell anyone you have my word.... I- I did to. Jimmy was in danger and they were coming at us with guns, my shield wouldn't and I wanted them gone."

<@Elizabeth> Her normally hard and unemphatic eyes looking for once guilty and regretful.

<Hisako> Looking away, Hisako couldn't find any words. She knew Elizabeth felt exactly the same as she did. She let the silence linger, hands clinging to the mattress beneath them.

<@Elizabeth> She waited there in silence for a moment before chuckling sourly. "Always thought if I killed someone I wouldn't end up caring, turns out I was wrong. They threatened my home and I defended it and I still feel guilty for it..." Getting up from her crouch she sat on the bed next to Hisako one hand on hers.

<Hisako> The hand caused Hisako's grip tightened on the mattress. She grit her teeth, eye twitching as she remembered not how hurt she was, but how easy it had been. She'd erased lives. Countless lives. And she couldn't even remember their faces. All those people, and she'd just....removed them.

<Hisako> She swore she could still smell them, taste the copper-like damp in the air around her. How cold it was in the evening air, how deafening the cries. She pulled her hand away from Elizabeth's, standing and pacing away to the corner of the room as her armor flickered to life around her body.

<@Elizabeth> As she watched the armor go up she could swear she could feel the girl wanting her out of her space so standing up she grabbed her bottle and moved closer to the door, unsure what to do. The alcohol was keeping her own memories at bay for now but with no meds and all this fresh violence...

<@Elizabeth> She wanted an escape and she didn't know whether to ask for company or just run for it. "You want some space Hisako?" The girl was so quiet it was almost disturbing but then that had just happened.

<Hisako> "H-hai...", Hisako nodded behind the glowing amber frame, "I-I'm sorry, I jus-...", she sniffled, turning away again, "Please just go...", she managed in a hushed whisper.

<@Elizabeth> "I'm sorry." Nodding and realizing that once again she probably hadn't helped matters at all. Opening the door she looked at her bottle and for a moment considered leaving it, then she thought about the sink. Leaving it as temptation for Hisako was worse then drinking it all herself.

<@Elizabeth> Closing the door behind her she shook her hair out to hide her face and went to pour the alcohol away.