9/16 Instance: Disassembled: What Little Is Left

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

9/16 Instance: Disassembled: What Little Is Left

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Right after "The End of All Things".

Bruce: The uncomfortable, cold stone of the crypt felt right at home for Bruce as he tightened the silvery blanket around himself. The authorities had arrived and cordoned off the area surrounding the grounds of the school. What little was left of it.

Bruce: Atop the short staircase to the outside world an officer kept a good guard of the gravesite per the unclothed male's request. He didn't want any clothes, he didn't want any more questions. He wanted to remain with those he'd saved, close to the graves he'd helped them avoid populating more of.

Bruce: Why he'd headed there, he didn't know. What blur of rage had possesed him for so many hours, he couldn't comprehend. And what stopped him from hurting those he recalled seeing - his allies....

Bruce: He closed his eyes tight. Had he done the right thing by lying to the cops? 'I don't remember', he's said. 'I just remember screaming and pain'. That was true, but...blood was still on his hands, wasn't it?

Bruce: He looked down at his hands. Not his. Not these hands....

Cessily: The dim light falling underground room reflected off the the silver shape when it moved, the young teacher carefully stepping up to the exhausted looking man in the torn remains of his clothes. "Bruce?" Cessily asked, her voice almost a hush. She slowly came closer with soft, measured steps.

Bruce: Jumping at the sound, soft as it was, the disheveled male glanced over his shoulder, eyes dark and tired, face stubble-ridden and pale, but smile wide and relieved at the sight of her, "H-hey, y'alreet?",

Cessily: Cessily forced a faint smile, even though her eyes remained sad. "I think so," she replied. "My body can endure almost everything. That's the upside of being malleable like me." She didn't say anything about the wounds that ran deeper than the mere physical. She assumed she didn't need to. He would know.

Cessily: "How about you?" She asked, taking another step closer to the half-naked man. "You must be cold. It's in the middle of winter."

Bruce: Pulling the shock blanket tighter over his frame, Bruce shrugged, "Didn' wanna go up there....not yet.", he looked away, feeling a little silly for being so childish, "N-not really ready, like...", he glanced back at her, opening the blanket a little, "I-if y'wanna...?"

Cessily: "Thank you, but I'm not getting cold," Cessily replied, before her smile brightened just a small bit. "However, my body is quite good at storing the heat if I want it to." She closed the distance between them and leaned into the embrace. She hoped this would help - him more than her.

Bruce: Exhaling a plume of steamy breath, Bruce curled inwards. He looked away, trying not to blush in embarrasment at how much better he felt having someone close to him. "...i-it's over, isn' it?", he breathed.

Cessily: "I don't know," Cessily replied truthfully, while keeping her head rested against Bruce's shoulder. "I hope so, anyway." She paused for a moment, before glancing up at the student's face. "Thank you - for everything."

Bruce: Snorting a little, Bruce turned to her, "Haway, man...", he grinned, humour barely making it through, "Ah've done more damage than anythin'..."

Cessily: "But you also made sure more of us escaped with their lives," Cessily told him, her eyes seeking his as she looked up at Bruce's face. "Buildings can be rebuilt, but friends can't be replaced."

Bruce: "If tha's all a' had t' do t' impress ye', ah'd have enrolled in councilin'.", Bruce joked, smile hollow as his words. Sure, he'd saved people, but he wasn't sure the cost was right. What he'd done to those people - what it had done to those people, "....y' think that's the look of a hero, di'ye?"

Cessily: "I don't know, but it's definitely the look of a man who did everything to save innocent lives," Cessily said, tilting her head in an almost unnoticeable nod. "And that is what matters the most to me right now. I just... let's worry about any morals or ethics another time, okay?"

Bruce: "Lied t' the feds.", Bruce admitted, "Said I cannit remember, but a' can.", he groaned, "Man, a' thought....a' din' even know, jus'....ye' na?", he turned to her again, "Miss Kincaid...",

Cessily: "You shouldn't have had to talk to them, anyway." Cessily shook her head, while the soft liquid metal of her hands rested against the student's chest. "If they want anything else from you, just send them to me." She noticed that something else was on his mind, so she paused an looked up at him. "Yes?"

Bruce: Bruce took a deep breath, "...y'really think a' did right? 'Cause a' feel like a fuckin' bell-end."

Cessily: After fixating him with a long look, Cessily let out a sigh and slowly shook her head. "Bruce, I'm not going to judge you one way or the other," she told him. "None of us was prepared for what happened, and none of us knew beforehand what they would do if it ever came to this."

Cessily: "And even if they did, I'm certain such plans were forgotten the moment we had to watch the first of us die." Her hands slid up to his shoulders, where their grip gently tightened. "We did what they made us do, whether that was wrong or right... this is not for me to decide, because I'm not even sure how I would have reacted in your place."

Bruce: Letting out a shuddering breath, Bruce looked downcast, "...guess you're righ'...", he managed, looking up at her clear, silver skinned face, framed with hair like liquid fire, bright even in the pale light of the crypt, "....God a' wish a' had a coffee. Then a' could think o' somethin' smart t' say, like."

Cessily: "We don't have to talk at all," Cessily suggested, doing her best to give him a comforting smile, while forcing the anguish she felt back deep into her core. "If that is what you'd prefer."

Bruce: "A. wanna make you feel better...", Bruce admitted, "But since a' cannit even manage a snarky dig at the dick'eads..."

Cessily: A faint laugh came across Cessily's lips, its echo cast back by the stone walls of their improvised shelter. "Believe me, nothing helps me more at this time than knowing that my students are as safe and as well as they can be - or as many of them as are still with us."

Bruce: Bruce smiled a little wider, "Sweet as y'are pretty.", he grinned, "Alreet then, a'll have ta live more carefully then from here on in."

Cessily: "I think all of us could take that advice," Cessily replied, the smile she gave him in return having a sad edge to it. "Even though it's not always our own choices that endanger us." Turning her head away, she looked towards the light shining in from outside, the smell of burnt wood and grass drifting into their little hideout.

Bruce: Still not managing to conjure a quip, Bruce followed her eyes, "...d'ye wanna go up there? There....isn' much there, like..."

Cessily: Her shiny lips were firmly pressed together, the look in her eyes betraying the thoughts racing through her mind. "Sooner or later we have to," she said calmly. "To see what we have left, and what we lost - and what we can still save."

Bruce: Bruce nodded, not feeling confident at how much that actually was. He swallowed, squirming awkwardly beneath the blanket, A' hope we can make it worth it...",

Cessily: "What else is there left for us to but hope for the best?" Cessily looked back at Bruce, her eyes seeking his. "We just have to do everything we can. We owe it to the ones who... who aren't with us any longer."

Bruce: Everything in Bruce wanted to give up in the wake of the disaster. The terrible things that had happened - the terrible things he'd done in fear and hate - were things he just wanted to forget. He'd have given anything to be back in the Northeast of England, sitting in on another tedious lecture, pretending he was destined for something better...

Bruce: "Hope, aye?", he exhaled slowly, "That ain't much....", he murmurred, hurting enough to say it and hurting to say it.

Cessily: The pain she felt could clearly be seen in Cessily's strained smile. "Sometimes, that's all we have," she told him, her hand resting gently on his chest. "Maybe it'll be enough. Maybe not. Still, I'll give it my best try. I'll be grateful for everyone who decides to help me, but I won't blame anyone who won't."

Cessily: "All of you have given this place more than I could ever ask for, and it has taken more from you than I can ever hope to give back."

Bruce: The touch made the words themselves feel physical. Bruce let out a breath he didn't even realise he was holding and closed his eyes tight, biting back the tears he felt his heart desperately wanting to beat out at her words. He shook his head a little, curling up tighter and burying his head against his knees, his remaining strength devoted to not crying in front of her.

Cessily: If all her experience as a student counsellor had taught her anything, it was to realize when words alone could offer no more help. Therefore, Cessily remained silent, taking the time to get comfortable by Bruce's side and hold him in her arms. Sometimes, a simple touch could offer more comfort than endless speeches.

Bruce: Stiffening at first, Bruce leaned into her, his stength waning as he felt her warmth. Quietly, he shuddered against her, sniffling softly before giving in to his emotions, crying softly as his soul faltered beneath the weight of it all.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 9/16 Instance: Disassembled: What Little Is Left

Post by PsychoKez056 »

Omg they need so many hugs and a cuddle pile :(
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given