9/16 Instance: Disassembled: Another Loss

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

9/16 Instance: Disassembled: Another Loss

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After the game "Merry Christmas from SHIELD".

Cessily: The room may have been bigger than her old office, yet Cessily Kincaid still couldn't shake the feeling that the walls kept moving in on her. The furniture was far more exquisite, too, but everything seemed strangely cold and impersonal.

Cessily: In short, as she threatened to almost disappear in the large leather chair behind the massive oak desk, the petite silver teacher felt uncomfortably out of place.

Cessily: "I miss my old office," she sighed to herself, looking rather forlorn as she let herself slump back into the tacky big chair.

Jolen: Some of the students had come along with the teachers, mainly because they had nowhere else to go. Jolen and Adam were two off them and well this place was giving them the creeps enough that they'd made a choice, so now Jolen was knocking on Cessily's door.

Jolen: On one hand he didn't want to go, but this wasn't good for Adam and he wanted away from well all of the violence and death.

Cessily: "Please, come in," Cessily spoke up in response to the knock, taking a moment to rub her eyes - an entirely habitual gesture, as her body no longer grew tired the way it had used to. "It's open. I hope."

Jolen: Jolen opened the door, glad Adam had got them over here by plane rather then running he was still nice and fresh from travelling. "Hey Cessily, can I talk to you about afew things? On mine and Adam's behalf. He's having a bad day-well week."

Cessily: "Hello, Jolen." Cessily offered the student a smile, while she struggled to get into somewhat presentable sitting position in the way too big chair. "And I think we all did." She managed to lean against the table, her arms crossed on the desk. "How can I help you?"

Jolen: Walking in Jolen actually had a thick jumper on with the jeans today, even the plant mutant finding it to cold. "Well it's about the school actually and our place in it. See we aren't to sure about.... well staying here anymore."

Cessily: The silver teacher's smile wavered only slightly as she pressed her lips together, but the look in her eyes remained kind. "And I can't blame you for that," Cessily replied, a slight sigh in her voice. "Not at all."

Cessily: "Would you like to sit down and talk for a moment?" She was looking around for another chair to actually back up her offer.

Jolen: Jolen spotted the couch first before sitting down carefully so his thorns didn't ruin it. "I don't particularly want to leave the school, I want my education. But shifting all the way over here isn't the best for Adam, his shrinks, his church and his club are all back in new york. So we're thinking of staying there rather then moving out with the school."

Cessily: Cessily got out of the leather chair and joined Jolen on the couch, sitting down by his side. "Yes, I think you may be right," she said, offering a kind smile. "That actually sounds like a good plan. And don't worry, I won't be trying to talk you out of it or convince you to stay."

Cessily: The silver girl slowly shook her head. "I can't blame anyone for deciding that this is not the kind of life they want to lead. Not after all that happened. Your and Adam's wellbeing comes first."

Jolen: "I loved the school honestly and all the people in it, but it's not exactly well safe the moment terrorists find out where you live." Rubbing his face alittle and smiling back. "I was wondering if maybe the staff could continue sending me the school work so I could carry on and just visit here for exams? and the practical assesments?"

Cessily: "Of course," Cessily replied at once, her smile growing a little bigger. "That won't be no problem at all. You're also more than welcome to visit any time. Maybe to sit in one a lecture that interest you, or some course you'd like to take. Or perhaps just for a friendly chat. The same goes for Adam, too."

Jolen: "Thank you, obviously Adam has already finished with his qualifications but I will need mine as no one will hire an obvious mutant without good reason to. Plus I do not want to end up back in the forest again." Brightening up alittle now he knew he was welcome.

Cessily: Cessily chuckled. "I have no idea what the intermediary school will be like, but I assume it will still be better than the wild woods," she told him. "I hope so, anyway."

Jolen: "Adam luckily already has an apartment in mind near his club so we'll be alright for lodgings and I'm happy I can keep up my education at least rather then giving it up entirely. I'm sure it will Cessily." Brushing some of the cold vines from his face. "Thank you for being so understanding."

Cessily: "Please, it's the least I can do." Cessily gave Jolen another smile, as she reached out to put her hand on his forearm. "I wish I could do more for you. If there is anything you need, please let me know, okay?"

Jolen: He patted her forearm back and gave her one of his warm smiles. "It's fine really, Xaviers monthly allowance means I have enough saved to live off for awhile until I can find a job and Toxic has enough money rolling in on royalties. We'll be fine. Promise we won't go crime fighting without you."

Cessily: "Don't make me stop by for regular check ins," Cessily said with a grin. "Sounds like you're all set then." The silver teacher took a deep breath and put on a sentimental smile. "Guess the only thing left for me now is you wish you two all the best - and to assure you that you'll always have a place that welcomes you if you need it."

Jolen: Patting her hand he smiled and stood back up. "We'll be fine, I'll even bring Adam with me occassionally so you can see." Offering a hand to help her up. "I'll be more then happy to visit along with the educational trips. Take care of yourself Cessily, I'm going to grab toxic and say goodbye to everyone before we catch our plane back."

Cessily: "I'm sure everyone will appreciate that," Cessily said, her smile becoming a little wide as she spent a moment looking at the student. Then she put her arms around him for a firm hug. "Good luck, Jolen."

Jolen: He hugged her back, even afew of his hair tentacles trying to stroke her face. "And you Cessily, I hope this school does well and you're happy there." As they broke off his smile grew a little sad, though the white eyes were somehow hopeful. "Everything will get better, happy new year."

Cessily: "Happy new year to you, too," Cessily replied, holding his hands for a moment longer before they parted. "Hey, it can't get much worse than this one, right?"

Jolen: "I hope for all of you that brought me back into the world from my half life in the woods, it is a much better one." Giving her hand a squeeze and grateful that this was only hard and not heart breaking. Letting go, he finally headed for the door.

Jolen: "Also, for everything you have helped me with and Adam and all the other students.... thank you for being strong enough to support us all."

Cessily: "As I've said, it's the least I can do for all of you." Cessily stood by her desk as she watched him head for the door, hands clasped in front of her lap. "We all help each other in the best way we can, and this one is mine."

Jolen: "I'm glad, there isn't a better person for it here. Goodbye Cessily Kincaid. It's been an honour to be a part of Xaviers insitute for the gifted." With a last smile he gave her a small bow. "Auf Wiedersehen." And then closing the door he was gone, taking his leave of the school with his lover.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen