10/8 Instance: Rednecks Shot the Groom

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

10/8 Instance: Rednecks Shot the Groom

Post by Starfish »

Current timeline.

<Clint> Clint walked around the yard; his whole family actually showed. He was kind of sad that they hadn't come up with some excuse. At least that would mean that there would be plenty of beer. He got one out of the cooler and looked around for his wife. Clint bit his lip worrying about his family interacting with Natasha's.

<Clint> The people all seemed pretty happy. There wasn't any fighting or wrestling yet, but Clint wasn't going to hold his breath. Their whole yard was decked out in white. Long trays of food and drinks strewn out and a few people were dancing on the makeshift dance floor. "Maybe this'll end well...."

<Tasha> Natasha was trapped between her parents and her grandparents. They were happier that they had been invited than when the pair had eloped, but they were still not happy about her choice of spouse.

<Tasha> Tasha nervously glanced around for Clint, hoping for an excuse to escape them.

<Clint> Clint had lost track of his wife so he'd decided to make sure his brother wasn't doing anything stupid and try to keep his dad far away from Natasha's parents for fear of him saying something stupid. The beer in his hand already starting to get warm.

<Carol> Carol eyed the building and double checked the address, glancing over at the doc, "Well we're here..."

<DrMcCoy> Hank knew renting a suit was a bad idea, but as all of his custom suits had been destroyed with the mansion... It was terribly binding. Working two thick fingers under his collar, he hissed as it pulled his fur. "Indeed we are."

<Carol> Carol was equally uncomfortable in her dress uniform but her heels clicked on the cleared path as they walked to the front door and she attempted to assess the area for threats discreetly.

<Tasha> Natasha sighed and pulled at her hair a bit. She wanted out of there. She glanced around nervously for any kind of distraction.

<David> David adjusted the ushanka, making sure the badge on the front was properly aligned. "Good thing it's cold out, otherwise the hat might look stupid."

<DrMcCoy> "It's the height of subtlety," Hank told the boy, still fiddling with his collar. That's when he noticed there were sounds coming from behind the house and not inside.

<Clint> Clint stole a beer away from his brother and went to find his wife. He only prayed that his in-laws weren't nearby.

<Tasha> Finally! Tasha spotted Clint and politely excused herself to escape to him.

<Carol> Carol turned her head, hearing the sounds herself. Turning on her heel, she headed for the side gate instead.

<Clint> Thank god! Clint spotted Natasha as well and made a bee line for her.

<Tasha> "Clint!" Tasha smiled wrapping her arms around him as soon as she was close enough.

<Clint> "You messed with your hair." Clint kissed his wife and slid his hand into hers. "Looks better messier." He laughed a little.

<Tasha> "My family was going on about how you didn't deserve me again." She leaned up to kiss his cheek, rolling her eyes.

<DrMcCoy> Hank paused at the gate, trying to survey how many people were there and how he could best... blend. "Oh my stars and garters. I believe I could be lynched on sight. For now, I'll consider discretion the better part of valor and stay here."

<Carol> "If they try anything you can hide behind me, I won't judge." Carol offered, pushing the gate.

<Clint> "Yeah... I've heard." Clint almost ran his fingers through his hair but stopped when he remembered what she'd do to him if he messed it up.

<Tasha> "You, Mr. Barton, owe me a dance." Natasha smiled and pulled him toward the middle of the dance floor.

<Clint> "Everyone's watching." Clint followed her to the dance floor. "And I can't dance."

<Tasha> "Such a shame," she giggled a little, facing him and getting into position.

<Clint> Clint managed his way for a little bit of the song. "Why do I love you again? You're just too good at torture..."

<Tasha> "My specialty," she teased him, kissing him gently.

<Clint> A couple of men wandered in with guns out. The lead man popped a few shots into the air. "Everyone on the ground, the muties aren't going to breed let alone marry."

<Tasha> People started screaming and getting down on the ground.

<Carol> Carol had no intentions of following those instructions, a flash of energy passing over her and swapping her dress uniform for a SHIELD uniform. She minded less about holes in that one.

<David> David just stared, trying to wrap his mind around what was happening. "Seriously? -Seriously-? The place is going to get shot up by Bubba and his cousin-brother? What has the world come to?"

<Clint> The other men all started shooting the place up. Blasting plates of food and decorations as they looked for their targets.

<Tasha> Natasha screamed and grabbed onto Clint, trying to figure out what to do while everyone was being shot at.

<Carol> Carol whistled loudly in an attempt to get their attention from shooting at guests, "Hey! Dumbasses!"

<Clint> Clint nailed on of the guys in the head with the bottle in his hand. "Natasha go hide!" He ran into one of the guys to protect his wife.

<David> "But they're going to shoot at us now! How am I going to return the suit if there's bullet holes in it?" David complained as he ducked down, holding onto his hat.

<Carol> "Then duck like everyone else!" Carol suggested, both hands glowing bright orange along with her eyes to make her a more obvious target.

<Clint> A few of the guys started shooting at Carol now that she was making herself an easy target.

<DrMcCoy> Hank was somewhat out of his element in a firefight, nonetheless, he peeled off his shoes - size sixteen, triple-wide - and leaped over the fence to tackle one of the gunmen from behind.

<Carol> "Joke's on you guys!" Carol returned fire with her energy blasts, knocking one of them off their feet and into a table. "I'll pay for that!" she called to whoever was renting the tables.

<Tasha> Her beautiful wedding, ruined. Natasha just stared at everything that was happing. She didn't run and she didn't duck. Was that a giant blue fluffy... person?

<David> David ducked behind a table, from which muttered swearing could be heard for a few moments, before resurfacing in an undershirt, boxers and the hat, holding a sword in one hand and a handgun in the other. "Comrades! We must repel ze invaders!" He yelled, leaping towards the nearest gunman.

<Carol> Carol just about managed to contain the urge to facepalm at that, shooting another distracting blast at the gunmen, spreading it wide so she could fly to the bride and shield her.

<DrMcCoy> After wrestling the man to the ground, disarming him, and applying a knock to his cranium with his own weapon, Hank realized he'd ripped the seam of his trousers. "Oh dear."

<Tasha> "Who.. who are you?!" Natasha asked as Carol got to her.

<Carol> "A friend," Carol fired another blast at the gunmen over her shoulder, "I'd give you my card but I'm a little busy right now."

<Tasha> "Wait where's Clint?! I can't leave without Clint!" Tasha tried to get free from Carol to find him.

<Carol> Carol tightened her hold on her, "One thing at a time, ma'am. Let's just get you out of the line of fire first." She quickened her pace.

<Tasha> "No, but, wait, CLINT!" She tried to look for him in all the chaos.

<Clint> Clint pounded on the man he'd tackled until his hands were bloody. "Stay the hell away from my family!"

<Carol> Carol paused to look for him too but kept her attention divided between the gunmen as well, to make sure she could keep the other woman safe.

<DrMcCoy> Vaulting over an overturned buffet table, Hank very nearly took a bullet from his next target. The man barely missed, and the shock and outrage made the normally gentle doctor grind out a feral snarl.

<DrMcCoy> The wide-eyed man had only a split second to react, his face losing color, before McCoy was on him.

<Clint> Clint stole one of the man's guns and started blowing holes into his buddies.

<Carol> "Put the guns down!" Carol straightened up, forcing Natasha behind her, her eyes glowing with energy again.

<Tasha> Natasha let out a yelp as she was pushed behind Carol. Where was Clint!?

<Clint> Clint shot a guy that had grabbed a hostage, taking him down without nicking his family member. "Let um go now!" Clint took a shot to the shoulder and went to the ground in pain.

<David> David hit one of the gunmen's wrists, knocking the gun down with a satisfying crackle of wrist-bone. "Mother Russia will defyeat all invyading scum!" He followed the horrible accent with a quick boot to the now sobbing man's head.

<Carol> "I'm giving you one last warning. Put your weapons down right now." Carol used her most authoritative tone, which was helped by the fact she was largely pissed off.

<DrMcCoy> The young man at Hank's feet wasn't in any condition to reply as he groaned and rolled into a fetal position. His gun was in Hank's over-large hand now and he calmly unloaded it and tossed it aside.

<Clint> One of the gunman stomped down on Clint's wounded shoulder. He screamed in pain as he attempted to throw the guy off of him. The man moved the gun to the back of Clint's head. "Bye bye mutie."

<Tasha> Natasha just stayed behind the crazy blonde. Her eyes searched the crowd for Clint and she found him. In one smooth motion she hiked up her dress and pulled out a concealed hand gun. She lined up the shot and fired before the man could pull the trigger on Clint.

<Carol> "What the fuck?!" Carol was seriously considering telling Fury to cram this assignment up his ass at this point. "Okay! That's enough! Everyone put your guns down NOW!" The energy flared into her hands again as she rose a couple of feet into the air.

<David> David ducked as he saw someone leveling a gun at his head, and put a quick round into the man's kneecap. "Ha ha! I laugh at your pyitiful attempts to kyill me!" As he took a few moments to gloat at the screaming man, he noticed the cold air on his head. Making a quick spot check with his hand, he turned around to see his hat lying on the ground behind him, medal mangled from the bullet that ricocheted off it. "My hat! You sonuvabitch!"

<Clint> Clint tried to pick himself up to no avail. "Fuck me!!!"

<Carol> "Everyone that's not an idiot, duck!" Carol didn't leave much time for them to comply before sending off a series of concussive blasts in all directions, strong enough to knock the armed men quite a distance away.

<Tasha> Natasha managed to duck down in time with her speedy reflexes.

<DrMcCoy> Hank dropped to the ground, flattening himself as well as he could. He was not getting the deposit back on this suit.

<Clint> Clint swore he was dying. A crazy flying woman, gunmen shooting down his family, furry blue person. He knew it, he'd been shot, he was dead. There was no other explanation.

<David> David had just straightened up and adjusted his hat when the concussive blast hit him, ripping it from his hands, and himself off that lovely bit of ground he was standing on. "What the fuuuuuuu---" he exclaimed as he tumbled and came to a rather abrupt stop against the side of the house.

<Carol> Carol quickly gathered up the mostly unconscious gunmen and thanked whoever's idea it was that the uniforms contained cable ties as she set about disarming them and tying them up one at a time. "Doc, when you've recovered if you could see to the groom..."

<Tasha> Natasha was on her way to Clint, kneeling down beside him. "Clint?"

<Clint> "Not dead? Or are angels bastards, showing me my wife after I die?" Clint carefully rolled over, but not without a lot of pain.

<DrMcCoy> Hank rolled to his feet and looked around, locating said groom and galloping toward him. In his haste, he dropped to all fours to lope.

<Tasha> "Clint, honey, it's me." She winced as he started to move.

<Carol> Once the gunmen were secured and their weapons made safe, Carol activated her comms, "Intel was right. Hostiles secure. Send clean up crew." She straightened up, running a hand through her hair as the energy passed over her again to put her back in her dress uniform.

<Clint> "Please tell me that's a dog...." Clint stared at the blue guy coming at them.

<Tasha> "I... I don't... I don't even..." Natasha just stared, holding onto Clint.

<DrMcCoy> "While I can't do that, I can assure you I have had all my shots," Hank said with a grin, skidding to a halt in front of the young couple. "Congratulations, might I add."

<Tasha> "Congratulations... on being alive?"

<DrMcCoy> "On your nuptials, of course." He ripped off his torn pants in one long motion.

<Carol> "Sorry for crashing your party but we were worried some crazies with guns would crash it and make a mess... turns out we were right." Carol addressed the guests at large, "My name is Lieutenant Colonel Danvers, or Agent Danvers if you prefer."

<Clint> Clint attempted to sit up. "I think he means the wedding.... Guess I won't be able to turn this back in." Clint looked at the bullet hole and his blood. Yeah that hurt, a lot!

<Tasha> "Why would the army be worried about us?" Tasha asked the big fluffy man.

<DrMcCoy> "Oh, I'm not army - and she's from SHIELD," he explained absently, folding the material of his pants and pressing it against the groom's bloody shoulder. "Let's get this bleeding stopped, shall we?"

<Clint> Clint hissed at the pain. He was trying to be a big boy for his wife. "God damn that hurts." His face was starting to get pale from the blood loss.

<Carol> "Air Force, originally." Carol frowned, how did people not get that from the uniform? "And we've been monitoring some internet chatter suggesting your wedding here was a target for a little while. We thought we should check it out."

<Tasha> "I just don't understand why anyone would do this," Tasha took Clint's hand and held onto it.

<David> "Yep. Totally okay over here." David righted himself from the awkward jumble he had landed in. "Anyone see my hat?!" he called out, rolling his neck with some ominous popping sounds.

<DrMcCoy> "Because you're mutants, of course," Hank said, pushing his glasses back up his nose by rubbing his face on his shoulder like an overgrown cat. Both hands were needed to stop this bleeding, after all.

<Carol> "Crazy mutant-haters don't need any other reason than that, I'm afraid. That's the world we live in now."

<Clint> Clint squeezed her hand. "Sorry your special day got all fucked up.... Wait ... what?"

<Carol> "You're fine," she called over to David, "Walk it off."

<DrMcCoy> Hank was rather accustomed to healing factors, so while he winced a little at David, he gave the boy a reassuring nod as well.

<David> "Just because my limbs grow back, doesn't mean my feelings do, too!" he yelled back and resumed the glorious quest for the pride of the Motherland, his hat.

<Carol> "Well then it'll hurt less the next time. Everyone's a winner." She waved it off. "There's a crew on the way here to help you all clean up the mess and to take these idiots to where they belong."

<Clint> "I'm a mechanic... Not anything special I promise." He took a heavy swallow. The loss of blood making him light headed and feel sick.

<Tasha> Natasha pulled one hand away from Clint to run it shakily through her hair. "Well... I know that I can do... some things... but I never really thought about it being a mutation... not like the ones on TV... or that you have," she blushed a little at Hank.

<DrMcCoy> Hank gave her a friendly, fangy smile.

<Carol> "Well not everyone finds out they are mutants until something happens that forces their powers to manifest. That's just the way it is... sorry if it's a shock."

<Clint> "Just... yeah thanks for saving everyone." Clint ran his hand through his hair, the one on his good arm. "Guess I shoulda let dad keep his gun on hand."

<Carol> "Hey, it's fine. Just doing my job." Carol gave a shrug, "Shall we move this inside so the doctor there can treat your wound properly?"

<Tasha> "Yes... yes um... come on in... and we can talk." Natasha reluctantly got to her feet.

<Clint> "Yeah... Door's open. Should be some whiskey somewhere, clean the wound and all right?"

<David> David reached past an over-turned table and pulled out a hat, "Another camo tophat? Maybe they deserved to get shot at." He continued muttering and looking for his hat.

<Carol> "Put some pants on, David." Carol called over her shoulder and wordlessly offered to carry the wounded one into the house, "We wanted to talk to you guys about something anyway."

<Clint> "Avoid the carpet... Please." Clint tried not to bleed on anything as they went into the house.

<David> "A-ha! Found it!" He dusted off the ushanka before putting it back on and striding over to the group and the nearby table where he stashed his clothes. "I really need some tactical straps and pouches or something for all this. Ooo! Tactical underoos! I can make millions!" he exclaimed as he pulled up his pants.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen