10/23 Instance: Sleeptalking

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/23 Instance: Sleeptalking

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Death Watch

<Jessica> It had taken Jess quite some time to get to sleep without Sebastian's reassuring presence beside her. It wasn't so much that she believed all the crazy stories about the place being haunted but it was deeply unsettling on so many levels even forgetting all of that... and she wasn't used to sleeping alone anymore. Her sleep, therefore, was the deep sleep of the quite exhausted.

<Shaw> It had been something of a last-minute decision that brought Sebastian back to Danvers tonight. A meeting was canceled, giving him a gap in his calendar. A quick call rescheduled another, and instead of calling his fiancee he decided to surprise her. However, the jet had been delayed and he hadn't intended to arrive quite this late.

<Shaw> He entered the room quietly, setting his bag carefully on the floor and removing his already loosened tie with a soft hiss of fabric. Very quickly he was down to his skin and pulled back the covers, sliding into the warmth of the bed next to her.

<Jessica> Jess was vaguely aware of the movement in the bed beside her and she came out of her deep sleep somewhat fuzzily, half turning towards Sebastian when she remembered he wasn't supposed to be there.

<Jessica> Suddenly she was wide awake and, with a shriek, she was out of the bed and onto the floor, a very poorly aimed venom blast hitting the ceiling.

<Shaw> The blast gave a flash of light that startled him almost more than the scream and despite himself he ducked and covered some essential bits. "Jessica!"

<Jessica> Slowly her head appeared beside the mattress, peering across it at him. "You're not supposed to be here..."

<Shaw> He'd had a moment to wonder where she'd gone, then moved closer to the edge of the bed when she reappeared. "I thought to surprise you. I did." Suppressing a smile, he offered her his hand.

<Jessica> She took his hand, getting up off the floor and crawling back into bed to snuggle up to him. "You definitely did do that, yes..."

<Shaw> "Clearly," he chuckled, embracing her as they settled back onto the bed. "I'm sorry, love." One hand went to her hair, fingers stroking through it and pulling her closer.

<Jessica> She closed her eyes, happy to rest against him. "It's okay... it's a nice surprise now that I'm awake and you're not a ghost."

<Shaw> That made him laugh. "No, I'm not a ghost." He pressed a kiss to her forehead and closed his eyes. It was a few moments until he spoke again. "I've missed you," he admitted.

<Jessica> "I missed you too... it's been hard to sleep without you here..." She nuzzled his shoulder, sliding an arm across his chest into a more comfortable position.

<Shaw> "Well, I have a couple of days before I need to get back." Her voice was sleepy, and he realized she was likely exhausted. "How are you, koibito? Other than the lack of sleep, I suppose." Lazily, he trailed his fingertips over her arm, savoring the soft skin.

<Jessica> She smiled, making a small sound of contentment, "Happy... you?"

<Shaw> Sebastian sighed, finding her hand and bringing it up to kiss the knuckle above her ring. "Very happy." He continued his attentions, kissing and nibbling her fingers. "Quite ready to be here on a more regular basis and look for a home to share with you."

<Jessica> She nuzzled his neck, pressing a light kiss there before smiling against his skin, "Soon, I hope."

<Shaw> "As do I." While he wasn't exactly transferring his operation to Boston, he was opening an office there, which required a frightful amount of work in New York. "Speaking of, I've been asked if we've set a date."

<Jessica> "So have I... and Cassie has decided she's a bridesmaid..." She smiled again, shaking her head slightly before lifting it from his shoulder to smile at him properly.

<Shaw> This news brought out a rather undignified snort.

<Jessica> Jess laughed at his response, "I have a horrible feeling she's going to upstage me."

<Shaw> "She will try, of that there's no doubt." He nuzzled the inside of her wrist, brushing his lips over her pulse point. "She won't succeed."

<Jessica> "Well no... I already threatened to zap her if she did that," She offered him a small grin.

<Shaw> Sebastian smiled at her, meeting her eyes in the dim light. Relinquishing his hold on her wrist, he shifted to trace his fingers over her cheek and kiss her.

<Jessica> She returned the kiss, shifting to rest against him again and sliding her hand up into his hair. How long do I have you for?

<Shaw> The brush of her thoughts made him sigh into the soft kiss they shared. She was beyond tired, and this was just evidence of it. Two days. Then I must get back for a meeting.

<Jessica> Okay... It didn't seem like long enough but she was exhausted and he was here. She smiled, resting her forehead against his when they broke apart.

<Shaw> It was peaceful to just lie there and share breath with her. He also shared his contentment, allowing his eyes to flutter closed. I didn't sleep very well either, though it was enough to know that I had someone to come home to.

<Jessica> She smiled, allowing the warmth that comment filled her with to bleed over their connection, I'm not going anywhere.

<Shaw> You'd best not. His arms tightened around her.

<Jessica> She cuddled into him again, putting her head back down on his shoulder, "Why would I want to?" she mumbled against his neck.

<Shaw> "Go to sleep, love." He turned his face toward her and relaxed, getting drowsy despite his desire for her.

<Jessica> "Okay..." she shuffled a little until she was comfortable and the blanket was covering the top of her back. Waaaaaarm. "I love you."

<Shaw> "I love you." Sebastian fussed with the blanket a little more and smoothed her hair back as he got comfortable. "Good night," he said softly.