11/9 Instance: Hard and Hot

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

11/9 Instance: Hard and Hot

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After "Super Smores".

<Christopher> Chris moved about the makeshift classroom he'd built out in one of the yards. He'd fired up his large forge and was working to get a good heat up as he opened the windows to keep it a decent tempreture inside.

<Melati> "I never got why people only barbecue in the summer," Melati commented, having followed the trail of smoke from the nearby parking lot. "What better way to deal with the cold than a fire and lots of meat?"

<Melati> "Speaking of, I'm calling dibs on any ribs you may have in there," the lizard girl added, taking her hand out of her pocket to point at the large smoking contraption.

<Christopher> "Heh I throw something on there and it'll be charcoal in a matter of seconds." Chris gave the reptilian girl a wave. "Class isn't for another few hours if that's why you're heading this way."

<Melati> "We're having classes again?" Melati smiled as she scratched the side of her head and faked cluelessness. "To be honest, I just followed the smoke drifting across the yard and wondered if someone already managed to set the new school on fire."

<Christopher> "Nope just me tryin to get this place ready for classes. And I'm pretty sure classes started up a while ago. I mean unless I took some bad shrooms and I'm on a really long trip." Chris laughed a little. "Come on in if you're bored and want to pound on something."

<Melati> Melati shrugged her shoulders and stepped forward. "Might as well." she said, a small uneven smile on her lips. "Does that mean I get to play with your hammer?"

<Christopher> "Sure you can handle it? It's pretty big." He pointed a thumb over his shoulder to where his tools were mounted. He as all sorts of sizes even some to large for normal people to handle, but he could thanks to his mutation.

<Melati> "Don't worry about me - I've had bigger." Melati flashed the young man a quick grin as she headed for the collection of tools. "Now this is a classroom after my fancy. A bit breezy perhaps, but I guess that's why we get to play with fire."

<Christopher> "Yeah if I didn't have the windows open we'd be boiled up like lobsters." Chris went over to stoke his personal forge a little. "Yup we get to play with fire and searing hot metal. Should be fun unless someone manages to burn themselves."

<Melati> "Just speak for yourself, but isn't that where the real fun starts?" Melati chuckled and took a pair of large prongs off the rack to toy with them. "Anyway, where do I sign up? I like playing with hot and heavy things."

<Christopher> "Actually I have no clue, I just figured people would show up for class." Chris laughed a little. "I mean either that or I'd have a very boring school year ahead of me." He fanned the coke with his bellows making the whole little hut warm up a few degrees. He'd decided to ignore the being burnt comment since he didn't want to admit he liked a little bit of pain.

<Melati> "If you want, I can herd the other students to your class," Melati remarked, turning around to show Chris a fangy grin, while she clapped with the prongs several times. "I can be very convincing."

<Christopher> Chris gave her a good hearty laugh. "Should I make you some chains an collars too?"

<Melati> Melati put on an impish smirk as she cocked her head. "Now that you mention it... wouldn't that be a perfect project to do in this class? Because there's this nightclub I'm managing with a friend and we're always short on kinky toys."

<Christopher> "Well I didn't ever imagine I'd be making sex toys in this class but then again it is college." Chris shook his head a little. "Well I guess that can be your first project."

<Melati> "Awesome!" Melati dropped the pair of iron prongs and stepped up to her new teacher, a grin on her face. "Looks like I might actually pay attention in class for once."

<Christopher> "Well first lesson, put your tools away." He raised an eyebrow. "That's not where those bad boys go."

<Melati> Melati let her shoulders drop and sighed, but did as she was told and picked up the prongs. "Yes, Mr... hey, what's your name, by the way?"

<Christopher> "Dang guess I didn't leave a good enough legacy when I left school. Nord, Christopher Nord. Only one with almost as much metal as Cess." Chris gave her a grin.

<Melati> "Oh right, they somehow got you to come back and teach." Melati put the prongs back on the rack before she turned around and leaned against the workbench. "So, how did they get you back to this school? In case no one told you, we kinda got blown up not long ago."

<Christopher> "I'm pretty indestructible and I like a good challenge. Plus I wasn't doing anything more important, just laying around the house being lazy. Figured I'd put my knowledge to use and maybe break some skulls if the chance came around."

<Melati> "So, we're basically here for the same reasons," Melati stated and held up her hand, revealing a broad grin a moment later. "Besides, free room and board with the chance to fly an actual fighter jet doesn't hurt, too. Oh, and the company isn't too shabby either."

<Christopher> "So true, but now I've got the added incentive that I get to boss all you students around." Chris started to clean up the mess Hope and him had made the other day with the smores.

<Melati> "Why did you think I took the job of team leader?" Melati smirked, sidling up to the freshly stoked forge to enjoy the heat radiating off it. "Just don't get too accustomed to it. As you said, we'll be handling hot pieces of metal in this class..."

<Christopher> "If you think I'm scared of a few students with hot metal you've yet to see what I used to do for fun." Chris threw a few pieces of metal into the forge to start them warming up.

<Melati> The lizard girl raised an eyebrow and watched the new teacher with an almost predatory glint in her eyes. "I think you'll have to show me what you do for fun sometimes," Melati said, a wry smirk playing across the corner of her mouth.

<Christopher> "I wouldn't want to end up hurting my students now would I?" Chris didn't even notice the look she was giving him. He was still focused on getting his forge up and running so he could start up the rest.

<Melati> "Getting hurt is the whole reason I got this gig," Melati pointed out with a chuckle. "With all due respect, Mr. Nord, I'm more concerned about you."

<Christopher> "If I can get back up after Kyle ripped my throat out I'm pretty sure I can handle anything that'll come my way. I'm tough even without my mutation."

<Melati> "If you say so, teach." Melati smirked, before turning around to pick up one of the larger hammers to give it a closer look. "If you've got the stones for it, we can see if you're tough enough to beat the streets with me."

<Christopher> "If a truck didn't kill me I don't think the mean streets of boston will. Like I said I'm mostly indestructable." Chris pointed at his chest. "Hit me right here or really anywhere you'd like, won't hurt I promise."

<Melati> "You're asking me to hit my teacher with a big ass hammer?" Melati gave Chris a long look, a frown on her brow. "Almost sounds too good to be true..."

<Melati> Then she cracked a smile and shrugged her shoulders. "On the other side, why the hell am I even thinking about this?" She hefted the large hammer, briefly took aim, and swung right at the teacher's chest.

<Christopher> Chris took it, direct hit to the chest, his mutation absorbing the force and shifting it into energy making him stronger and also glow a purple hue. "See I even turn into a christmas tree. I'm indestructable and festive."

<Melati> "Then you obviously made the wrong career choice," Melati remarked, looking Chris up and down as she lowered the heavy hammer to her feet. "You should rent yourself out as a pinata at parties."

<Christopher> "But then no one would get candy. I contemplated UFC but the glowing kinda screams mutation and I think they'd kick me out." He shook a little, enjoying the energy until he shot a burst of heat into one of the mini-forges to light it. "I've found out I can even take small arms fire without it penetrating."

<Melati> "In that case, I hope you're going to use your hammers to crack some skulls instead of just bashing sheets of metal." Melati shouldered the heavy tool and put her other hand on her hip, giving Chris an appraising gaze.

<Melati> "I have a feeling we're going to need anyone we can get soon enough, and we've already had to take losses at the worst possible time." The lizard student lowered her gaze, expression hardening. "Not that there's ever a right time for that."

<Christopher> "Don't need hammers. When I'm charged up my firsts will do more damage anyways." Chris moved about the room lighting the other forges then went back to her side. "No it's never okay to lose people. But we're going to do our best to make sure it never happens again and live our lives like they'd have wanted us to." Chris gave her shoulder a comforting squeeze.

<Melati> Melati looked up and cracked another half-smile. "Sounds like something worth drinking to." She stepped back to the rack to put down the large hammer again, then turned around to face Chris again. "Which is something we should totally do after your class."

<Christopher> "I've got time now if you don't mind a smaller selection and my trailer." He laughed a little. "Healing mutation means I don't stay drunk long."

<Melati> "Drinking before class?" Melati arched an eyebrow again, an impish smirk curling the corner of her mouth. "First I got to hit you with a giant hammer and now you're offering me booze. You know how to win over a girl's heart, don't you?"

<Christopher> "Well I did used to be married. I know how to get them, just not keep them." He shrugged. "Plus first day is just learning the tools, no hammering. And hey I've gotta get the rep out that I'm the best teacher their is, I've got a lot of competition."

<Melati> "You don't have to keep them to enjoy them." Melati flashed a mischieveous smirk. "But I can tell you right now, if you're serious about earning that title, you've got your work cut out for you."

<Christopher> "Cess is gonna be a tough gal to beat." He laughed a little. "She'll have the male student vote easily."

<Melati> "And some of the female students, as well," Melati pointed out with a laugh, before she demonstratively looked him up and down. "But I guess that would be the voters where you got the best chances to score."

<Christopher> Chris gave her a little laugh. "Looks like I better get some good bribes a going to get all the votes. If you have any suggestions let me know." Chris set about semi-covering the forges so they couldn't by some miracle catch anything on fire.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen