11/17 Instance: The More Things Stay The Same...

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

11/17 Instance: The More Things Stay The Same...

Post by Starfish »

Timeline - Current

<Liza> Liza sighed as she tried to juggle all the files and folders she had to carry back from the library, she was in her last year of uni now ... so much work!

<@Mayday> Sliding around a corner on the same corridor, Mayday Parker stopped, looking past her crimson locks and spotting the blonde girl with the heavy folder load. Her own blue eyes brightened as she smiled, "There you are.", she whispered to herself, adjusting her book bag and jogging after the other girl, "Lizaaaaa! Hey!"

<Liza> "Arrgh!" Suddenly noise! The files and folders went flying.

<@Mayday> And Mayday grinned. She took a short, deep breath as her senses honed in, her mind seeming to tingle as her power sped up her perception. With an almosr rehearsed, fluid grace she flourished in a spin past Liza, catching the various folders and files with finite precision, not a one hitting the floor.

<@Mayday> A moment later, she was half crouched behind Liza Maloney, the folders in her hands as she smiled up at the other girl, "How goes it, 'Screwball'? D'you remember me?"

<Liza> "... May? Mayday?" Liza's eyes widened, "Oh my god! I though you were dead!"

<@Mayday> "The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated...", the redhead smiled, sudddenly pausing and glancing away, "...i-is that how that quote goes? Or is it 'rumours of my death have been...'?", she frowned a little, "...w-was it right the first...."

<@Mayday> She snapped back to reality with a blink, "S-sorry, that was meant to sound super awesome and I totally blew it.", she laughed nervously, idly toying with a lock of her hair, "Soooo....er....o-oh! Here you go...", with another nervous giggle she handed the folders over.

<Liza> "I ... I ... uh ..." Liza poked May a couple of times in the shoulder to check she was real, "I ... good, except for the part where i was convinced you were all dead," she managed to get out.

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, looking more than a little sullen, "....yeah, er....a lot of us did. Clarice and....t-too many."

<Liza> "... Fuck, i'm sorry May," Liza adjusted her folders to make them a little easier to carry, "Umm ... but i'm glad you're not all dead."

<@Mayday> "Yeah, me too.", she nodded back, "So, can I walk with you? And how are you?"

<Liza> "Sure," Liza started walking, "And I'm okay, Ms. Johnson keep's me busy and i've got all this college work, but when I graduate she'll take me on full time so it's pretty awesome ... I'm in a much better position then a lot of my classmates. Um ... how about you guys? The ones left I mean?"

<@Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "...I don't know. Tell you the truth, when the school was destroyed, I strongly believe the X-ers died with it...", her voice went lower as a few students passed, "...feels kind of...wrong, you know? To be back here after it all. Xaviers' feels like a long dream, it's like I woke up from a coma all over again...", she folded her arms around herself, a look of longing on her face.

<Liza> "I can get that, when i heard it was like .... like I'd slipped into a parallel dimension where I was invisible or something ... I dunno ..." she trailed off.

<Liza> "Um ... what about ... about Eddie?"

<@Mayday> "....he's...", Mayday started, frowning a little; what was she going to respond to that with? 'Oh, well, you know, after losing his mind and sexually assaulting Melati after butchering Kraven the Hunter, he went AWOL and nobody's seen him'. She inwardly chastised herself, muttering something about being a moron before piping up, "H-he uhm.....h-how much do you know? A-about his......problems?"

<Liza> "We ... kinda broke up after the Trask thing ... I haven't ... well, he ... um ... we lost contact."

<@Mayday> With a small sigh, Mayday reached out for the double-door ahead, pushing it open and stepping out onto the sunlit grounds of Empire State University. Her eyes surveyedt the courtyard, filling her mind with a disquiet jealousy; every student there seemed so happy, so content in their own lives. She felt a familiar twinge sting her chest; God, what she would have given to be so happy.

<Liza> "... He's dead?"

<@Mayday> Mayday jumped a a little, dragged out of her revelry suddenly, "N-no! No, he's....h-he'ss out there, he's just....", she took a deep breath, "....I-I don't...I don't know to put it, Liza, he's...changed.", she slowed down as they approached a bench, taking a seat, "....he's not....who he was."

<Liza> Liza stared down at her files blankly for few seconds, "That ... like .... thing in his head?" She asked after a moment.

<@Mayday> "So you know?", Mayday swallowed awkwardly, "...w-well, that makes it easier. It....after Cassandra 'died'? Something in him just....snapped, you know? Like...he seemed to think she was like his 'protege' or something and....the way they talked you'd swear they were ...", she paused, "....l-like...they were siblings."

<Liza> "So ... basically you're trying to tell me that he's like ... an awol crazy monster villian now?"

<@Mayday> In actual fact, Mayday swore blind that Eddie and Cassie were in love. Ever since Circle Pines, Eddie seemed to distance himself from everyone, and it was common knowledge he'd been closse to Cassandra. Maybe they both felt like that about each other, maybe they were both hiding in the others' arms from themselves?

<@Mayday> Regardless, it wasn't like she could comment; he was miles away, and so was she. Maydday was all alone. The question was welcome, as was the presence of Liza Maloney, "He.....yeah.", she felt terrible, the fact she couldn't offer more than that notwithstanding, "...I-I know he....he did everything he could to protect us from....f-from himself..."

<Liza> Liza just ... sighed, not meeting May's eyes, "Right ... well ... I guess there's nothing more to say really, is there?"

<@Mayday> "L-Liza, he loved you. He did, I swear it.", she placed a hand gently on Liza's shouldder, "You...believe me, right?",

<Liza> "I know," Liza shrugged off the hand, "I'm okay, just ... it's just ...." she gave a wry little smile, "They never cover this in the comics, huh?"

<@Mayday> Mayday smiled back, the gesture feeling more than a little empty, "Yeah...b-but I'm still here, you know? A-and so are you. I mean, I wondered if.....i-if maybe....", she swallowed, "I know it'll be hard, but maybe we can right this. We can rebuild it, we can make it right again, bring justice, defeat HYDRA and whoever else....just like the comic books."

<@Mayday> She shrugged, "I mean, I just defeated my first supervillain alone!"

<Liza> "You can, maybe, but i'm not a hero. I'm just a person," Liza shrugged, "a person who i din't think is really cut out for all this shit. I wish you and the guys all the best, I really do but ... I don't think I can do it anymore May, I'm sorry."

<@Mayday> "None of us are.", Mayday said simply, "But that's why we are, you know? Like....I mean....sure, we're just people, but we have the power to do great things! You were 'Screwball'. Liza! You were the greatest PR person ever, you were the girlfriend of one of the X-ers' greatest heroes! You could be that person again, you have the power you're just....afraid. And that's ok! I am too! I was when I faced that pyromaniac, too. Did you see it in the news?"

<Liza> "You have powers," Liza said simply, "I'm just a human ... and I really was a 'screwball' for thinking I could handle everything that goes with that. I'm sorry May but ... I just ... I just can't. Look after yourself okay." Liza turned to walk away.

<@Mayday> Standing, Mayday shot past her, holding her still, hands on Liza's arms, "No, wait! Wait....I know it's not that simple, ok? I know it, but....but you don't NEED powers! You didn't haeve them, and you were.....you MADE the X-ers! A-and I....we DID have powers and....you've seen us all fade away."

<@Mayday> She shook her head, "Please, just listen to me.", she pleaded, "Liza, there are dark times ahead, and we had the forces to stop them, but now we don't. Pretty much like Game of Thrones; 'Winter IS coming'? Liza, it's that bad; it's all gonna fall apart unless we unite and DO something again! We need them back!"

<Liza> "Oh my God, May, listen to yourself. This is real life, not like fucking Game of Thrones!" Liza snapped, losing her temper, "We're kids, college kids, we thought we could take on some psycho terrorist group and they came after you and straight up murdered most of you. There's SWORD now, let them deal with it, who've had the training and are like ... paid for it!"

<@Mayday> Mayday's shoulders fell. 'Delusional'? Was she delusional? She shook her head, her grip on Liza's arms receeding as she let her go, "We're all that's left! Who do you think protected the world before 'SWORD' or whoever the hell? Hm? Where was SWORD when everyone was killed!? Don't you get it? The moment we believe it's impossible, they win! That's it! There IS no 'better future'! Since I've donned my mask again, gang violence is down by ten per

<@Mayday> Since I've donned my mask again, gang violence is down by ten percent! It's all over the news! YOUR network, by the way!"

<@Mayday> Her hands balled into fists, "Listen to yourself! You wanna just turn a blind eye and give up because danger came knocking on your door? Yeah, you're right; this IS reality, and not a game, and that's the very reason we can't concede! This is bigger than us, bigger than the bad guys!"

<Liza> "It didn't come knocking on my door, I'm getting out before it does. I've gotten out. You do what you want, I won't stop you, but I'm done." She wasn't going to argue, as far as she was concerned there was no argument. She continued to walk away.

<@Mayday> "Liza!", Mayday pushed her back gently with a hand, "Please, don't just walk away! I....I don't want to do this alone! I can't do this alone anymore, I just.....I-I thought we were friends!"

<Liza> "We are friends, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stay in the line of fire for you, you still have your other X-men to fall back on anyways."

<@Mayday> "....fine. Fine.", with a shake of her head, Mayday backed off, "Whatever! Do as yoi please. Just.....leave me then. Just like everyone here, everyone in this stupid city, just....forget! Forget it ever happened. Ignore that I did ALL of this myself, ignore that I'M out there risking MY skin for YOUR safety!", she turned away and let the anger carry her off.

<@Mayday> Part of her wanted to just scream 'I am the Spider-Girl'at the top of her lungs. The frustration was getting to her, being the only soul out on active duty that she knew of, not knowing where any of the other X-ers were (or even if they were still around). maybe she was delusional. Maybe they'd all been. She stopped and turned once more:

<@Mayday> "One more thing;", she started, pointing at Liza, "Maybe I am crazy? But at least I have the balls to follow it through. Eddie had a good idea, and if you're prepared to let it die with him then fine. Do it. But I won't, you hear me? I'll die first!"

<Liza> "You probably will," was all Liza said before turning the corner, leaving Mayday alone.

<@Mayday> Opening her mouth, Mayday couldn't even find any words. She growled a little scream-like shout in frustration before storming away again, clumsily bumping into someone as she did so. Everything made her feel stupid and embarrased, and as she blushed a deeper red than her fiery hair, she felt tears well up in her eyes.

<@Mayday> "The more things change...", she muttered to herself, sniffling and wiping her eyes as she broke into a little jog, desperate to find somewhere to cry it out as her emotions threatened to burst.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen