11/22 Instance: Even More Stalkers

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

11/22 Instance: Even More Stalkers

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Daken: Daken sighed as he left the classroom, he wasn't sure if the pay was worth putting up with those things. "Well that was boring...." He kicked his book across the floor, at this rate it wouldn't survive very much longer.

Cassie: The shadow emerged from the darkened corner behind him, taking the shape of a girl as she crossed her arms and gave the young man a wary look. "I wonder how anyone can mistreat a book this way," Cassandra commented. "But I'm even more curious about why you're even here in the first place."

Daken: Daken had to stop himself from putting a claw into her throat. "I could say the same to you." He gave the girl a once over making sure it was who he thought it was. "And if it wasn't a text book it would deserve better treatment."

Cassie: "Could you now?" A faint smile curled the corner of Cassandra's mouth, and she tilted her head slightly to the side while giving the guy a scrutinizing look. "I guess being a student at this school gives me a good enough reason to be here. What I do at the Hellfire Club is only my side job."

Cassie: "And if I had to hazzard a guess, I'd be tempted to say you're stalking me," the teenage girl added, her expression wary. "I know I tend to leave quite the impression with people..."

Daken: "Now if I was stalking you do you think I would have let you catch me?" Daken gave her a small chuckle. "Plus I have the same excuse as you. I've been enrolled into this... school. Though I do remember a few reasons why someone would want to stalk you."

Cassie: Cassandra appeared to think about his claim for a moment. "I don't know," she replied, sounding amused. "You strike me as shameless enough to not even try and hide from your prey. And who says you wouldn't go as far as actually enroll at college just to be near me?"

Daken: "And how was I to know you were here? Am I that sneaky that you didn't notice me following you?" Daken grinned. "And you were good, but I was better."

Cassie: Taking a step closer to him, the faint smile on Cassandra's lips turned into a cocky smirk. "Are we still talking about sneaking after people?" she asked, looking up at his face. "Or each other's performance at the club."

Daken: "Well apparently both. Since I've managed to supposedly stalk you all the way to here and not get found until now." Daken returned her smile.

Cassie: "Assuming you didn't want to get found," Cassandra pointed out, cocking her head the other way. "So, am I supposed to believe you just happen to enroll at the same school as me?"

Daken: "Well, we are both special people." The claws in his arms slipping out to remind her if she'd forgotten. "I do believe you had some special talents as well? Otherwise I don't think you would have been able to sneak up on me so easily." Her scent had changed a little but not by much.

Cassie: "Okay, I guess if you're looking for mutant colleges, this really is the only place that would stand out," Cassandra admitted, while the smirk on her dark lips turned more devious. "And I do know the one or other trick, I suppose." Raising an index finger, she let a small trail of shadow curl around it.

Daken: "And here I thought I was going to the creme de la creme of schools. But now I know it was my only choice. You dash my dreams to the rocky shores of reality." Daken eyed the shadow cautiously, he knew those things could do naughty things if she willed them too.

Cassie: "Just one of my many talents." Cassandra's raven hair bounced as she cocked her head, revealing a coy smirk. "Though I've always considered my true speciality to be making my audience dream."

Daken: "Well you'll have to strive harder if you would like the spot light of my unconscious acts." Daken's lips formed a suggestive grin.

Cassie: Cassandra was patient with her response, slowly tilting her head the other way instead. The smile remained, however. "I guess we'll see about that," she eventually commented. "So... did you only just get here now, or have you been hiding from me for longer already?"

Daken: "I wouldn't call it hiding. Though only because I didn't know you were here as well. I've been here for some time, we must not have the same classes." Daken attempted to reason, though having her think he was stalking her didn't bother him much.

Cassie: "I see." Whether she was believing him or not, Cassandra kept her expression inscrutable. "It's a big place, and very easy to get lost. I suppose it's possible for two people to just keep missing each other." The smile curled the corner of her mouth again. "Unlikely, but possible."

Daken: "Well I would say it can only be done for so long, as we have proven just now. But I'm sure I could make it harder for you to bump into me again if my image so repulses you."

Cassie: Cassandra again hoped to tease him with a silent pause before responding. Her violet eyes aimed for the ceiling as she put on a thoughtful expression. "No... I guess you can stay," she eventually conceded. "I think I might learn to tolerate it in time."

Daken: "Well I am quite in your debt then for allowing me to stay." Daken gave her a soft chuckle. "I'll just have to find some way to repay your generosity in time. I mean where else could a boy such as myself learn." He stared down at his class list, he still had yet to care enough to memorize it. "Ye Olde Blacksmithing..." He had to give that a double take, swearing that his eyes were decieving him as he made a funny face trying to figure it out.

Cassie: "Ah yes, that is outside," Cassandra remarked, nodding towards the window. "You've probably seen the suspicious looking cabin in one of the yards. This is where we're allowed to play with fire and heavy metal." Another pause followed, during which the girl's eyes didn't leave Daken's face. "I can show you, if you like."

Daken: "I'm just racking up quite a debt to you now aren't I?" Daken smiled and picked up his book. "Please, lead the way." At least with her leading Daken imagined he could get another decent once over of her backside.

Cassie: "Oh, I think we can think of some ways for you to repay me," Cassandra casually remarked as she turned to stroll down the hallways towards the flight of dubious looking stairs. The quick glance and faint smirk she showed Daken over her shoulder was easy to miss.

Daken: His obvious staring paid off when he caught her smirk. "Well in what ways would my guide like her payment?" He followed her down the stairs, contemplating the whole time if he'd survive them collapsing under him.

Cassie: "Why not let me come up with something and I'll surprise you?" Cassandra snickered, then hopped up to side on the handrail and slide down the stairs, the whole construction creaking ominously.

Daken: Daken had to stop himself from jumping from the noise, his nerves now completely on edge. "I'm not a big surprise guy." Daken held back a growl as he moved quickly down the stairs to keep up with her. He wasn't going to let her collapse this thing on him.

Cassie: "I'm sure you'll learn to appreciate them." Cassandra slid off the rail and landed on her feet, barely paused to give Daken a coy grin before she skipped ahead.

Daken: "You know, usually a guide stays with the person they're helping until they get to the destination." He chuckled a little, slightly enjoying the chase.

Cassie: Cassandra could resist snickering again, before she disappeared around a corner. An instant later her head peeked out once more. "See it as an incentive to keep up," she said, then led the way towards the backdoor.

Daken: "I dunno, you're not that hard to follow." Daken stretched a little getting ready to run after her. "It'd be more challenging if my mutation wasn't amazing for tracking."

Cassie: "Or maybe I actually want you to catch me," Cassandra countered, an impish grin on her lips, as she held on to the opened door and leaned outside, her long black hair dancing in the wind.

Daken: "Well you are making it quite easy for me to catch you." He gave her a poke as he walked out through the door.

Cassie: "I just don't want you to get lost out here in the deep snow," Cassandra replied, staying closer to Daken as they started wading through the snow. It had been shovelled just hours ago, but the narrow path had already disappeared underneath a fresh layer of white. "They wouldn't find your frozen corpse before April out here."

Daken: "This is nothing. I've been in worse. You should see the mountains in Japan when a blizzard comes through." He molded a snow ball when she wasn't looking, planning to use it when he got the chance.

Cassie: "I'd love to see that." The black-clad girl skipped ahead, kicking up clouds of powdery white as she headed for the makeshift classroom housing the smithy. "The next time there is one, we should go there."

Daken: Daken carefully aimed the ball for her butt and lossed it with a gentle arc. "Sure they rent cabins in certain places." He grinned as it made contact and exploded in a puff of white.

Cassie: Cassandra jumped and let out an amused little squeak, then swiftly spun around and fixed Daken with a devious glare, her dark lips curling to reveal a toothy grin. "Oh, is that how it's gonna be?" It didn't take her longer than a moment to scoop up some snow and lob a cold ball back at him.

Daken: Daken's enhanced reflexes allowed him to easily dodge the white ball as he sent another her way. "What didn't you say you liked the snow?"

Cassie: "That doesn't mean I'll just let you smack me with your balls without retaliation." Cassandra bit down on her lower lip, the corners of her mouth forming a smirk. She held out her arm, extending several small shadowy tentacles. Before long, an outright barrage of snowballs was flying Daken's way.

Daken: Daken had the skill to dodge every last one, but he decided to give the girl some sliver of hope. Every last snow ball hit him in their desired spots. "Ooof, I think that's a little unfair now don't you?"

Cassie: "Says the one who started it all," Cassandra countered, while bouncing another snowball in her left hand, the right one on her hip. "Try to hold back the tears a little longer, though. You can warm yourself at the forge inside."

Daken: "Hmm but then I'll be all wet. What if I caught a cold." He gave her a mock concerned look as he attempted to pull himself out of the snow.

Cassie: Cassandra stepped up to Daken and offered her hand. "If you're such a dainty little flower, we can get your clothes dried as well. I'm sure not many of the other students would complain if you spent the class in your underwear."

Daken: "You wound my pride." He gave her a little laugh. "And here I was thinking you'd be so kind as to offer to help dry me and keep me warm yourself." Daken shook off the snow and as much wetness as he could, the similarities between him and canines showing.

Cassie: A wry smile curled the corner of Cassandra's mouth. "If you're looking for someone to keep you warm, you might be better served with someone who still had a beating heart in their chest," she remarked.

Daken: "I do believe your creativity is hindered by your clothing. You seem to have much better ideas when you're lacking certain layers." Daken returned her wry smile, wondering if she would understand what he was implying.

Cassie: Titling her head slightly to the side, Cassandra held up a hand and waved her finger at Daken. "Looks like someone is rushing ahead," she said , her voice as sweet as her smile. "We've already had a snowball fight, so we should keep some excitement for after class, no?"

Daken: "Man and here I though I'd found someone to share my love for ditching responsibility with." Daken decided to drop the subject and start towards the classroom again.

Cassie: "Maybe once I'm certain you're not stalking me, after all." Cassandra looked over her shoulder and showed Daken a smirk. She reached for the door and held it open. "Until then, you're welcome to study with me."

Daken: "You must have some very elaborate stalkers." He walked into the building to find himself a seat immediately regretting choosing this class because of the heat of the room.

Cassie: "They seems to think so of themselves, anyway," Cassandra commented with a chuckle, following Daken into the warmth and letting the door fall shut after her.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen