12/7 Instance: Bugsy and Dollface do Awkward

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/7 Instance: Bugsy and Dollface do Awkward

Post by Slarti »

Backdated to the morning after Paiby

<Rogue> Rogue bounced Ripley on her hip as she dug in the diaper bag for the keys to make sure the car locked. Once she heard the familiar honk, she turned to Ripley with a grin, "Let's go see how Daddy's doin'." She got a coo and a 'd' sound out of Ripley before they started up the walk. Rogue took her tiny hand and helped her push the doorbell.

<Bobby> Bobby was staring at the stuff piled on a table in the corner of the room. How had they managed to accumulate so much stuff over the last couple of months? They'd left the mansion with next to nothing and now this place was full of things. He looked up at the door.

<Bobby> Knowing there was only one person it could be, he made for the door and flung it open. "Two of my favorite girls!"

<Rogue> Rogue grinned as Ripley practically dove for Bobby and she stepped closer to hug him as well. "Hey, Bugsy. Glad Ah'm still a favorite even though Ah'm pretty sure ya daughter said 'y'all' earlier," she teased.

<Bobby> He laughed in the hug and ruffled Anna's hair and then Ripley's, if more gently. "Teaching her your bad English? For shaaame."

<Rogue> "It's not bad English. It's good Southern. Thank y'all very much." She kissed his shoulder and stepped back to let him take Ripley. "So what'd y'all end up doin'? An' when can we make Paige babysit so we can go on tha town?"

<Bobby> "We went out to dinner," he said, taking Ripley and closing the door, moving back to let her into the small apartment. Bobby cast a glance toward the bedroom. Paige was still in the shower. "And, um... dancing." He gave Anna a sheepish smile and sat on the sofa. "Sit, babe. Please?" He gave her puppy eyes.

<Rogue> Rogue laughed at his puppy eyes and tossed the diaper bag on the floor before flopping onto the couch with him. "Don't hafta ask me twice. Ripley's gettin' more energetic every day."

<Bobby> "Oh yeah she is." Bobby set Ripley on her feet and let her toddle along the edge of the sofa. Then he stalled, rubbing the palm of his hand along his leg.

<Rogue> Rogue's grin turned into a slight frown as she watched him. She sat up and reached over to take his hand, stilling it, "Sugah, everythin' okay?"

<Bobby> "Yeah... actually," he looked up at her and flashed a grin, squeezing her hand. "And that's kind of what's making me paranoid."

<Rogue> Her frown dissipated and she laughed again, squeezing his hand back, "Don't be paranoid 'cause everythin's goin' well. It's a good thing."

<Bobby> "Yeah, I'm just... well I feel bad. Kind of. Last night... well... it was a date." He gave Anna a look from the side of his eye to assess her reaction.

<Rogue> Rogue didn't know what to say to that. She didn't even think it had truly registered until she frowned at him, confused. "A date? With Paige?"
<Bobby> He winced. "....yeah?"

<Rogue> "Ah d-.. Ah j-.. What?"

<Bobby> "Do you think Lorna would be pissed?" That was really what was on his mind, more than anything. Guilt.

<Rogue> "Uhh... Well..." Rogue had to process this before she could answer any questions. She took her hand back and leaned forward, elbows on her knees as she watched Ripley with a blank expression. Paige and Bobby went on a date.

<Bobby> He sighed, sliding down in the seat and staring at the bathroom door. Paige, luckily, was still in the shower.

<Rogue> Would Lorna be pissed... Would she be happy? "Bugs..." Rogue sat up slowly and turned to look at him, "Ah think that Lorna wouldn't be pissed... But she may not be happy either. Paige was her best friend." She knew he needed reassurance, but she couldn't give that to him. Not yet anyway.

<Bobby> "Yeah, I know." He stared at his jeans, picking at an imaginary spot. "I know it's... sudden. But after everything that's happened... It just seems kind of stupid to waste time being miserable."

<Rogue> "Ah agree." She took his hand again and gave it a soft squeeze, "Look, Ah don't know how Lorna'd feel 'bout Paige, but Ah know that she'd want y'all ta be happy. An' if Paige makes ya happy..." Rogue shrugged. "Just... Take it slow. Make sure it's not 'cause ya need someone ta try an' cover up ya grievin'."

<Bobby> "We've... well, we've kind of realized we could have liked each other like that for a long time..." He looked at their hands, then smiled up at her a little. "I was surprised she felt that way... really I was expecting to be shot down."

<Rogue> "Ah'm happy f'r ya. Ah really am. But please, Bugsy, not only f'r y'all, but f'r Ripley, be careful. Please?"

<Bobby> "Yeah, I will be... I mean, she just lost Rae too... and I wasn't sure she was still interested in guys at all... but after Phil... well, it was a kick in the ass. She went out with him and I was like... jealous, I guess. And Phil saw it." He laughed nervously. "....I sort of talked to Vic about it too. He said I shouldn't wait... after what happened with him and Rahne back in the day, y'know."

<Rogue> "Yeah." Rogue sighed and looked back at Ripley, "But y'all have a lot more at stake."

<Bobby> "She loves Rip like she was her own... I get that things could go really well or really, really badly with that." He watched the girl grab one of her toys and thump down on her diapered butt to play.

<Rogue> "On one hand, it's good that Ripley's so young. 'Cause if things don't work out, she likely won't remember an' get scarred from tha whole goin' from Auntie ta Daddy's gal ta hardly seein' her."

<Bobby> "Yeah, I know." He sighed and was quiet for a moment.

<Bobby> "She's so young though that's she's not gonna remember Dee at all..."

<Rogue> Rogue looked back at him and took his other hand too, "Yes she will. We'll make sure o' it. Ah promise. That lil girl will know who her mama was."

<Bobby> Goddammit, now he was tearing up. Bobby sniffed loudly and nodded. "Thanks, Anna..."

<Rogue> Rogue scooted closer and pulled him in for a hug. "At least our spouses went out with a bang..."

<Bobby> His laugh choked off and he grabbed her for the hug. "That was terrible, babe..."

<Rogue> "Ah learned from tha best," she grinned softly into his shoulder. "Sorry. Ah ain't as good as mah teacher yet."

<Bobby> "You'll get there, young padawan," he snorted and gave her a squeeze. "Speaking of... we're moving back to school, so you don't have to make the drive way out here to see us for much longer."

<Rogue> "But it's so much fun to watch the faces of the new recruits at the gate when they realize who I am and that they have to let me go past," she mock pouted.

<Bobby> Bobby cackled. "I can imagine. And it's no less than the looks I still get from time to time from the older ones."

<Rogue> "Ah don't hafta deal with that, thankfully. Though, bumpin' inta Carol aways back was fun... Y'all didn't tell me 'bout her."

<Bobby> "Oh, yeaaaah.... sorry. We have a personal SHIELD lackey? Other than me? See, I told you." Bobby grinned brightly - he had to try.

<Rogue> "Personal SHIELD lackey that Ah got mah best powers from."

<Bobby> "Oooooh, yeah... that's..." He made a face. "Awkward."

<Rogue> "Yeah. Just a bit." Rogue laughed and watched Ripley toddle and fall and get back up again. "But, ta get kinda back on track with what's happenin'... Ripley's a good role model. We fall down. But we gotta get back up an' start again. Ah'm proud o' ya in that aspect. Ah really am."

<Bobby> Bobby's expression sobered and he gave her another squeeze. "Thanks, babe... I was really worried about it. I've been worried about it... if it was too soon, but shit... so much happens..."

<Rogue> "Only y'all can know what 'too soon' really is. It may be too soon f'r some people ta really accept it, but s' long as y'all're both alright, that's all that matters."

<Bobby> He grinned. "I knew I kept you around for a reason."

<Rogue> Rogue grinned back and tackled him for a hug. "Ah get kept 'round 'cause ya need tha best baby sitter ever. Love you, Bugsy."

<Bobby> "That too," he laughed, catching her and keeling over as Ripley squealed at the action. "Love you too, Dollface."
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 12/7 Instance: Bugsy and Dollface do Awkward

Post by TechPrincess »

D'awwwwww!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean