12/13 Instance: Nine Month Sentence

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/13 Instance: Nine Month Sentence

Post by Slarti »

Timelined current

<Bobby> As it turned out, there was a lot less SHIELD liaising to do when SHIELD owned your house. Bobby therefore was finding himself kind of bored, and a bored Bobby Drake was never a good thing.

<Bobby> He found himself building an ice castle in the kitchen. Why? Why not was a more appropriate question to his mind.

<Jessica> Jess wandered down to the kitchen with an empty mug she'd found in her frog room, frowning a little. She never left empty things in there so either someone had been sneaking in to look at the frogs ooooor her hormones were making her forgetful. She didn't want to take bets on which one it was.

<Jessica> Pausing in the doorway to the kitchen, she looked behind her, wondering if she'd somehow gotten lost. Nope. "Uh...."

<Bobby> "Jessie!" Bobby heard the confused sound and as he'd known it would just be a matter of time before he confused somebody, he turned around and grinned. "It's a winter-almost-spring-but-who's-keeping-track wonderland!"

<Jessica> She laughed, "It's... lovely? Good thing I can fly though..."

<Bobby> "Oh, come on, it's not that big, unless we're not talking about the castle. Then it's huge." He waggled his brows at her.

<Jessica> She giggled again, moving further into the room carefully, "You forget, I've seen it."

<Bobby> "Oh shit, you have." He helpfully reformed the ice into an ornate archway over her path. "So that means you're already impressed," he nodded.

<Jessica> She smirked and shook her head, "You are awful."

<Bobby> "That's not what Paige says!" He grinned, following after her.

<Jessica> "Mmhmm...." she went to the sink to rinse out her mug, picking up the kettle on her way to fill it.

<Bobby> He paused. "What's 'mmhmm' mean?"

<Jessica> "It means you're still awful and she's biased." She glanced at him over her shoulder, "Want tea?"

<Bobby> "Blah. No thanks." He created a path to the fridge to get himself a soda and decide on his comeback for that.

<Jessica> "Your loss," she put the kettle on and tapped her fingers on the counter while she waited for the water to boil.

<Bobby> Bobby fished out another Mountain Dew and cracked the can open, giving it a frost and casually creating yet another path back to her. "Nope, yours. This is sweet, sweet sugary goodness and caffeine."

<Jessica> "So is tea... and also hot. Nothing can beat a hot drink for the comfort... plus bubbles... not so good right now." She wrinkled her nose.

<Bobby> It took him a moment to process that, and then to remember, although - how could he forget? His gaze dropped to her stomach. "Yeah, how are you? How's... it...?"

<Jessica> "He or she is doing just fine... I, on the other hand, am having some adjustment issues..."

<Bobby> His eyes narrowed a little as he focused and unfocused, seeing the variations in temperature as usual, then noticing she was a little.... rounder than usual. "Wow... yeah, I can imagine..."

<Jessica> "It's just hard to have to sit around a lot of the time and do nothing... even work's getting dodgy now..."

<Bobby> "Well and even though I can see... junior there now, a little bit anyway, you have a ways to go." He shifted uncomfortably and studied his drink, clearing his throat. "Dee thought it felt like the longest nine months of her life," he said quietly.

<Jessica> "I can definitely empathise with that right now..." She turned to face him, pushing a hand through her hair. "The longer it goes on though, the more I'm freaking out about something going wrong..."

<Bobby> "Yeah, that's understandable with your mom, but everything's been okay, right? Like, I'm sure the prince of darkness is taking good care of you, right?"

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "The doctor's not worried... and apart from that little thing with me getting a bit shot, everything's been fine... but I can't help worrying... actually I was wondering if you could help me with that a bit..."

<Bobby> "Yeah, and I already lectured you for the shooting thing." He realized what she was saying and blinked. "Help you?"

<Jessica> "Yeah... um... see... if there is a complication or if I have an accident... there's not a lot anyone can do because I can't be put under or given drugs to numb pain or whatever... so I was wondering if maybe, you being a fancy SHIELD agent and everything... could you maybe get one of those power cancel-y bracelet things? For me? Please?"

<Bobby> His face screwed up in confusion during her lead up. Then he blinked again. "Oh. That's all? Sure," he shrugged.

<Jessica> "Thank you!" she pounced him for a hug, "I've been sort of freaking out about what if you said no because I know you don't like them and then I'd have to talk to that Carol lady and she'd probably yell at me for going out on that Hydra thing too... and I really can't take more yelling at me."

<Bobby> "Yeah, well, I don't like them, but I can see why you would want that as a backup." He returned the hug and gave her a playful wriggle. "Not sure why you wouldn't just have Sh...aw whip one up for you." He barely caught himself before the unflattering nickname came out.

<Jessica> "Because that would take time and testing and we already know the SHIELD ones work."

<Bobby> "Fair enough," he said with a shrug and reached up to bop her nose. "I can get you one. Shouldn't even be hard."

<Jessica> She wrinkled her nose for the bop but her attention was drawn by the kettle. "That would be great.... as soon as possible so I can stop worrying about everything."

<Bobby> "No problem." He took a sip of his soda and followed her back to the tea-making. "Everything else okay? You still getting hitched?"

<Jessica> Jess chewed her lip, "Yeah... just... the whole setting a date thing's a bit... well... awkward..."

<Bobby> "Awkward?" Bobby waved his fingers at her in awkward turtle mode.

<Jessica> "I don't want to be all fat in the pictures... I'll have to look at them for the rest of my life..."

<Bobby> "Aww, you're not fat." His eyes dropped to her stomach again.

<Jessica> "You'd be a whole lot more convincing with that lie if you could stop staring."

<Bobby> "I'm not!" Busted. He sighed and took a sip of his soda. "Not because I think you're fat, babe."

<Jessica> "Sure it isn't..." she wagged the teaspoon accusingly at him.

<Bobby> "No, it isn't..." He shifted again, rubbing his nose. "Just reminds me... y'know..."

<Jessica> She bit her lip, wrapping her arms around him for a hug, "I'm sorry..." And she wasn't going to cry. Nope. It really didn't take much to set her off lately.

<Bobby> "S'not your fault, babe." He returned the hug, stifling a sniff.

<Jessica> She gave him a gentle squeeze, "I'm still sorry."

<Bobby> "I know. Thanks." He returned the squeeze, unable to say more when his breath hitched a little.

<Jessica> She hugged him for a little longer to give him time to compose himself.

<Bobby> He took the moment and then let go, burying his nose in his soda can to take a long slurp.

<Jessica> Jess moved over to the fridge to get the milk, careful of the ice. "It's a good thing the cold doesn't affect me so much anymore or I'd be asleep by now..."

<Bobby> "Oh.... yeah." Bobby winced and looked up at his creation, concentrating for a moment. The ice swirled away into the air, eroding the sculptures within a few moments.

<Jessica> "Thank you..." she opened the fridge and took out the milk, "So... how long do you think it'll take?"

<Bobby> "You're welcome... sorry.... guess I shouldn't play freeze-out with the pregnant lady," he mumbled into his soda, then looked up, briefly confused. "Oh! Shit, I could go get one now if you want."

<Jessica> "It's okay, I have sticky feet, I shouldn't fall over and if I did I could always fly so I'm safe." She gave him a smile, "Getting it right now would be great then that's a thing I can stop worrying over."

<Bobby> "Sure thing." Bobby drained the can and tossed it at the recycling bin. He was enough returned to his cheerful mood to be pleased with his shot. "BRB as the kids say," he winked.

<Jessica> "I'll be here drinking my tea and hunting for biscuits." She gave him a wave.

<Bobby> He'd never gotten used to the biscuit thing, and almost offered her some of Yoda's, but instead just went to get the collar.