12/25 Instance: Perchance Not to Dream

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/25 Instance: Perchance Not to Dream

Post by Slarti »

Timelined early on the day after All Good Things... and the followup instances

<Bobby> Bobby sighed and sniffed the empty coffee cup on the windowsill. It was one of a bunch balanced there, and he suspected it was Shaw's. All of them probably were. As much as he disliked the guy, he did feel for him – spending most of the previous day and the night here was hardly relaxing. This was just a shitty, shitty situation.

<Bobby> He looked over at the sleeping occupant of the bed and sat back down in the chair pulled up beside her. Taking out his phone to keep himself entertained, he instead found himself watching her. God, some of her cuts would scar, no doubt, unless she got to that crazy Irish chick before they healed. He hummed to himself, debating if he should smuggle her in.

<Jessica> Jess stirred in her sleep, the monitors at her bedside giving a quiet warning beep as her heart rate and blood pressure rose briefly before she woke with a start.

<Bobby> That was enough to make Bobby jump too, and he almost tried to shush the monitors before realizing she was just waking up. "Jess," he said softly, not wanting to startle her.

<Jessica> Jess' eyes scanned the room before they fell on Bobby and she reached for him, trying to calm down. It was just a dream.

<Bobby> So much for not wanting to panic her, since she already looked panicked. "It's okay, babe." He dropped his phone into the chair and took her hand, moving over to give her an awkward hug.

<Jessica> She held onto him and reminded herself to breathe, "It's not..." she corrected quietly.

<Bobby> He sighed gustily. "Yeah, I know... but you're safe, I meant... bad dream?"

<Jessica> She nodded, hiding her face against his shoulder, "I think that car phobia is back..."

<Bobby> "Yeah... not too surprising. Paige told me what happened." He started to pet her hair, then realized chunks were missing.

<Jessica> "All of it...?" her voice shook as she asked that question.

<Bobby> "I think so?" He could guess what she was talking about, and found a safe spot to stroke her.

<Jessica> She nodded again, tightening her hold on him and shifting carefully to not nudge too many of her cuts and bruises. "I did the right thing... didn't I?"

<Bobby> He was quiet for a moment, not sure what she was expecting. "Saving that kid? Yeah... it's what we do..."

<Jessica> She fell silent again, just resting against him for a few moments before straightening up a little, "Where's Sebastian?"

<Bobby> "Paige hauled him off to the cafeteria to try to sit on him and make him eat." He turned his head to try a grin. "You're stuck with me for now."

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "Good... I mean... he has to eat..." she attempted a smile.

<Bobby> "Yeah, looks like he drank all the coffee in this place." Bobby made a face toward the collection of cups.

<Jessica> "I told him he wasn't allowed to stay here all the time... make sure he doesn't, okay?"

<Bobby> He just nodded, deciding now wasn't the time to snark about Shaw. "Sure, babe."

<Jessica> "Thank you..." She decided to settle back down into the pillows, the concussion making her head swim.

<Bobby> He sat back in the chair and watched her, glancing at the door and then picking up his phone to check the time. "I think she's going to try to talk him into going home for a while... you need anything from there?"

<Jessica> Jess curled up on her side, wincing all the while until she was comfortable, "My backpack... and my spider... someone needs to feed Sharky and the frogs...."

<Bobby> "Okay, I can tell your big Sharky... if you're asleep when they get back up here. I can take care of your froggies when I get back to the school."

<Jessica> She nodded, "Thank you..." she covered her face with her hands again. "I feel wrong..."

<Bobby> "Probably the drugs... and the bracelet." He nodded at the inhibitor, nervously tapping his phone against his leg for a minute before he reached over to try to take one of her hands again.

<Jessica> She shook her head, "I wish it was just that..."

<Bobby> "I'm sorry," he said finally, voice quiet as he gave her hand a squeeze. Bobby had told Shaw the same when they'd arrived, and was surprised the man was blank – completely without his customary sneering and superior attitude. It was eerie.

<Jessica> "Me too..." she returned the squeeze of her hand and offered another small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

<Bobby> Bobby tried to smile at her, he really did.

<Jessica> "I think I'll try to get back to sleep..." and hopefully not dream this time.

<Bobby> "Okay, babe... I'll be here." He held onto her hand.