1/3 Instance: Messy Decisions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/3 Instance: Messy Decisions

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline, around April 15

<Bobby> It had seemed like such a good idea at the time, he mused, looking at the untidy mess on the bedroom floor. Untidy mess... it was more like an unholy mess, really, considering there had been kind of a lot of plaster in that wall. Who knew they made walls so thick back in the day?

<Bobby> Most of the mess was luckily gone now, frozen into blocks and dumped out the window in a nice pile that hopefully nobody would notice until he could move it to a more permanent location for crap.

<Paige> After a long day, complete with training with Carol, Paige made her way back to her room to freshen up before she met Bobby for dinner. When she opened her door, however, she dropped her bag and just stared. Where her bed and other things had been that morning was replaced with a crib. Ripley's crib. She stepped further into the room and really looked around. It was all Ripley's things.

<Paige> Why was her room now a nursery? She turned to go back out the door to hunt down Bobby, but she noticed a giant hole in her wall. The hole was complete with a door beside it. More confusion spread through Paige as she cautiously stepped through the door to look at Bobby's room.

<Bobby> Hearing the noise from the other room, Bobby cringed and then moved toward the hole. He raised his hand and gave her a little wave. "Surprise?"

<Paige> "What is this?" She managed to ask, stopping in front of him and looking at her things around this room mingled in with him. Her clothes on the bed, her shoes in a pile.

<Bobby> "Well..." Suddenly, he was nervous about this. "I thought..." he dragged out the word, shifting his weight. "Since you're kind of here every night anyway that we could, um, make it easier for you to be here?"

<Paige> She looked back at his blue eyes, still in shock at what he had done. "You moved me in? And... made a nursery?"

<Bobby> He closed one eye. "Yeahuh?"

<Paige> "So.." She took a breath and started again. "So this is our room now?" She asked, her eyes starting to tear up.

<Bobby> Oh shit. She was crying. Abort! Abort! "Um... i-i-if you d-don't... uhm, want to?" He lost his voice after that, barely stopping before he let out an unmanly squeak.

<Paige> She grabbed him into a hug before he could escape, squeezing him and crying against him while trying to stop crying at the same time.

<Bobby> "O-o-okay?" He caught her and tried a soothing pet, still not sure what exactly was going on.

<Paige> She was able to laugh at the petting, backing up enough so he could see she was smiling while crying. "Bobby..."

<Bobby> "Oh! Okay! Good kind of tears, not 'what did you do you moron' tears!" He grinned and hugged her again.

<Paige> She laughed at him and cried a little more, snuggling into his chest. "You aren't a moron. You are amazing."

<Bobby> "Yaaay," he said quietly, squeezing her and swaying from side to side. "Promise I'll put the door in there... like later."

<Paige> "I'm surprised," she could finally explain, "I never imagined this. You put a hole in our wall..." she giggled at him again, reading up to wipe her eyes.

<Bobby> "Yeah... I didn't check with planning and zoning or anything, but i hope it's not a load bearing wall," he laughed, looking over at said hole.

<Paige> "I hope it isn't..." she made a face, staying pressed against him. "Should be fine, right?"

<Bobby> "It's fiiiiine, just think of all the walls we knocked out at the mansion over the years," he laughed, then realized what he was saying and decided to change the subject. "Your room is perfect for Rip - I mean it's pink!"

<Paige> She pushed his comment about the mansion aside and smiled at him instead. "Perfect for her. It's time she had her own space anyway. She's getting to be a big girl."

<Bobby> "She is, i expect her to ask for the keys to the truck any day now," he nodded.

<Paige> "She probably will. She's sassy like that," Paige giggled, leaning up to kiss the tip of Bobby's nose.

<Bobby> Bobby giggled himself, catching her in his arms again for a real kiss.

<Paige> Paige smiled at him and sighed happily. "I still can't believe you did all this."

<Bobby> "It's nothing," he said with a big shit-eating grin. "I just... well, I like having you here, so I thought I'd make it easier."

<Paige> "I like it here with you too," she nuzzled his cheek. "Now I get to snuggle you every night!"

<Bobby> "Snuggles are good... and so are other things." Bobby dipped his head to brush his nose against the side of her neck.

<Paige> She grinned as she shivered for him. "Other things are very, very good."

<Bobby> "Yeah they are," he laughed, giving her a kiss there before he let go of her to move over to the hole and subtly kick a bit more debris out of sight.

<Paige> Deciding to make herself useful, Paige went to put her things into their closet. "I'm really glad you did this," she told him, glancing back with a smile.

<Bobby> "Me too! Well, like, now - now that I know you aren't mad." He flailed at a bit of plaster that fell out and hit his shoulder, quickly tossing it under the bed.

<Paige> It was lost on Paige as she put her stuff in the closet. "Maybe we should build a bigger closet... How in the world did I manage to get this many clothes so fast?"

<Bobby> "Magic!" He shot her a grin that she didn't see while he tried to cover up his icy remodeling work.

<Paige> "I sent in applications for internship to the hospitals that are eligible in this area." She swallowed a bit.

<Bobby> "Oh yeah?" He turned around, giving up on the hole in the wall for now to tackle her for a hug. "That's great!"

<Paige> She yelped and giggled, hugging him tightly. "Yeah! I become Dr. Guthrie in May. Can you believe that?! A doctor..."

<Bobby> "Naaaah, not Doctor Guthrie - Doctor Paigey! Or just go by the Doctor, for extra fun."

<Paige> "I think if I go into Peds that the kids will like Doctor Paigey," she laughed, sliding her hand up to his cheek. "I wouldn't have gotten this far without you."

<Bobby> "The kids will love Doctor Paigey," he grinned, rubbing his face into her palm like a cat. "Aww..."

<Paige> "I mean it," she told him softly. "Thank you for always being here for me." She kissed his lips softly, smiling a little in it.

<Bobby> "You're welcome... you're always here for me, too," he said, silly expression melting into a real smile in the kiss.

<Paige> "Always," Paige murmured and giggled. "I got you some gummy bears today."

<Bobby> "Mmm and enabling me with candy!" He gave her another kiss, tilting his head.

<Paige> Paige pressed a little closer to him, running her hand over his back. "Yes and I noticed no kid... I think we should celebrate our new room."

<Bobby> Bobby put on his best cocky smirk and waggled his eyebrows. "That sounds like a great way to end the day, babe." His own hands wandered a little and gave her a playful swat on the ass.