1/28 Instance: New Mentor

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

1/28 Instance: New Mentor

Post by Svartfreja »

Current timeline.

<Carol> Yes, this was a school... technically, and, yes, it was also supposed to be a safe environment but it was likely to be very unsafe in the forseeable future and even more unsafe if she remained as pissed off as she was. Given that she had murdered two punching bags already this week, she decided she needed a different outlet or poor Paige was going to suffer in training later.

<Carol> She had, therefore, found a space away from the main building and sheltered from it by trees to set up a firing range. She would, under usual circumstances, have gone to a proper range but she felt she needed to remain on the grounds for now in case of any more drama. Carol now selected her weapon and set her stance to fire a few rounds at her target which may or may not have had a slight resemblence to a certain former Presidential Candidate.

<Clint> Clint had wandered around the grounds in search of his little spot, only to stop dead in his tracks. Someone had stolen his spot. Targets and bow in hand he turned to head off and find a new spot that wasn't down range of her and was a safe distance. Well he would have if not for all of the things falling and causing quite the racket.

<Carol> Carol's posture adjusted as she tried to contain the scream of rage that wanted to come out. Why couldn't she just have five minutes to herself?! She very carefully set the gun back down then turned to locate the source of the noise.

<Clint> Clint looked down at all his stuff. "I swear to god! I just got those sights where I liked them." He kicked one of the targets a little too hard then set about picking up his arrows and getting the dirt and mud off his bow.

<Carol> "You have five seconds to apologise for interrupting the only downtime I have today and explain what you're up to. Go."

<Clint> Clint raised an eyebrow. "Well I wasn't going to interrupt you, but you stole my spot. And hi to you too."

<Carol> "I didn't ask for a greeting." She pointed out, eyes narrowing on him. "And I think you'll find it's my spot."

<Clint> "Sure yeah whatever." Clint finished picking his stuff up and turned to leave. As he turned to leavem, he mumbled 'brat' under his breath.

<Carol> And that was enough to tip the scale on her temper. The next second found Clint on his back with her standing over him, the archery equipment again scattered across the ground. "You have something to say?"

<Clint> "What the fuck is your problem!? I didn't do shit to you, princess." He glared up at her contemplating how much trouble he'd get in for stabbing her in the leg.

<Carol> "My name is not 'princess'. Try again." Carol folded her arms across her chest and glared at the kid.

<Clint> "Don't have a fucking clue who you are and I don't care. Get the hell off me!" Clint was trying to hold in his anger, he wasn't that good at it either.

<Carol> "Well of course you don't, you've been skipping classes. I'm the SHIELD Agent responsible for all you ungrateful assholes that have the gall to call yourselves students. Lieutenant Colonel Carol Danvers, SHIELD Agent level 8 and very pissed off."

<Clint> "Still not getting why I should care?" He was still glaring up at her. Okay probably shouldn't provoke her, prolly has the right to kill me or something. "Would you like a cookie or something? Cuz I don't share pie."

<Carol> "I'd like some damn respect or I might have to confiscate something until you learn your lesson. You clearly won't miss your brain so I'll start somewhere else."

<Clint> "Yeah whatever. I'll make do." Clint rolled his eyes.

<Carol> Okay well he didn't think she was serious. She could fix that. She took a step away and picked up the bow. "Then this can remain in my office until you feel like apologising for your bad attitude."

<Clint> "I have more. And last I checked you had the bad attitude. I was leaving and you knocked me over. Maybe I should talk to one of the professors about you assualting students?"

<Carol> "Joke's on you, I have permission."

<Clint> "To assault students for no reason? I highly doubt that."

<Carol> "I had a prefectly valid reason."

<Clint> "Me intterupting you is not a valid reason for assault. Maybe you should see a counsellor you have anger issues."

<Carol> "And you have severe problems with authority. Let's call this a learning experience."

<Clint> "No I have a problem with people who assault me for no reason. I don't care that you had a bad day, you have no right to take it out on me!"

<Carol> "I've had a bad week. Do you even watch the news?" She pushed a hand through her hair, turning her back on him and tossing the bow back to the ground. "I have a temper, I'm out here so I can work some of that out so you caught me at the worst possible time."

<Clint> "Yeah whatever." Clint was still glaring daggers up at her. He picked himself up and grabbed his stuff. "Remind me next time not to be clumsy around you, apparently it's a capital offense."

<Carol> "And still you refuse to apologise for your attitude. You're at college. You might want to try learning something. It won't kill you but your attitude might."

<Clint> "I'm still waiting for an apology for the whole, you know, assault?" He rolled his eyes and started to gather up his arrows since she'd knocked them out of their quiver.

<Carol> "Pfft, that wasn't assault." She rolled her eyes, "You earned it."

<Clint> "Yeah whatever." He rolled his eyes and caught sight of her target. "Your aim's off."

<Carol> "You keep this up, you'll earn another knock on your ass."

<Clint> "Fine keep missing." He shrugged and walked off.

<Carol> "If you looked harder, you'd see I'm not using a standard target. There's no missing. Anywhere on it is good right now."

<Clint> "That wouldn't stop a crackhead. Or me. Or probably half the kids in this school. You'll miss clean at about twenty or so yards back."

<Carol> "Except I'm not doing this for practice. You think I can't hit a target?"

<Clint> "No you hit it, just not well."

<Carol> "I don't have to prove my ability to you. You're a kid."

<Clint> "A kid that is far better than you." He took aim and hit the target dead center three times in a row without even slowing to aim.

<Carol> "You can make a shot like that and you think you need a scope?" She shook her head, moving to replace the target and pick up the pistol she left when he'd startled her. Rolling her eyes, she fired three shots at her target, matching the accuracy. "Happy now?"

<Clint> "Nope. I'm never happy." Clint decided to show off a bit and banked a few shots of the trees and through the holes she'd made.

<Carol> "Now you're just showing off and making me glad I'm not your wife."

<Clint> "Oh you can't do that?" Clint chuckled a little. "And here I thought it was just something people always did. And hey, me and Natasha are quite happy with each other."

<Carol> "With a gun? Hell no. Bullets go right into wood." She set the gun down again, "I thought you just said you were never happy."

<Clint> "Pie and Natasha." Clint rolled his eyes. "And it's all about angles. Arrows go through wood too." He put an arrow through a branch to prove the point.

<Carol> "But they're longer, slower and more flexible than bullets."

<Clint> "Just have to factor in the differences." Clint Shrugged. "It's really not that hard. I can show you if you want."

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "I only carry a gun because I'm supposed to. I don't really need it." She charged up an energy blast and fired that at the target - it was a pile of ashes in a moment.

<Clint> "See, they say I have powers but I can't do anything cool like that." Clint frowned. "I go through far too many arrows for this to be a power. It's just a hobby."

<Carol> "How far away can you hit a target from? Without cheating," she gestured at the sight on the bow.

<Clint> "As long as I can see the target?" Clint pointed out a stump off in the distance and nailed it hard a few times in a row. "Prof Drake seems to think I have some kind of luck mutation. I had to disagree seeing as I have got no luck whatsoever or I would play the lottery."

<Carol> "They don't usually work that way, probability manipulation is most always a localised thing." She eyed the target, "How about a moving target?"

<Clint> "Never paid for meat at a grocery store." Clint smiled, he was a proud hunter.

<Carol> "How good's your range on a moving target?"

<Clint> "Same as stationary." Clint tossed a hackey sack over to her. "Give it a toss, I'll hit it."

<Carol> Carol smirked, "Sure, I'll throw it for you." She wound up and threw it hard, hard enough to embed it into a tree.

<Clint> Clint just stared at the tree. "Damn..."

<Carol> "Shall I go get it back?"

<Clint> "You suck..." Clint frowned.

<Carol> "No, I'm awesome. You just had low expectations."

<Clint> "Wanna trade powers?" Clint was still floored by his hacky sack being one with the tree.

<Carol> "God no, I love my powers... well most of the time." She headed over to the tree to fish out the item. "So... why are you here? I mean, I know I came to your house and everything but you're obviously not interested in academics. Why'd you decide to come?"

<Clint> "Came for Natasha. She wanted to go back to school anyways and our home kind of got wrecked." Clint sighed. "No, I'm not really the school type"

<Carol> "What would you rather be doing?" she tossed the hackysack back at him - at a normal speed this time.

<Clint> Clint caught it and put it into his pocket. "Well I used to be a mechanic. Mostly I just want Nat to be happy." He shrugged and toyed with the fuzzy bits on his bow.

<Carol> "That is not what I asked." She smirked a little.

<Clint> "Don't know I guess. I like working on cars so going back to that wouldn't be bad."

<Carol> "Well, we got a lot more interesting things than cars around here. You ever wanted to take a look at those?"

<Clint> "Like what?" Clint raised an eyebrow.

<Carol> "There's a big fancy jet in the hangar that the X-men get taxied around in all the time. You could start there."

<Clint> "I wouldn't know where to start with that. Plus that flying stuff. Ain't for me." He shuddered.

<Carol> "You're talking to someone who knows that jet inside out. I can walk you through it and maybe then you can tell me what you'd rather be doing."

<Clint> "I could think about it. What's in it for you?" Clint was still sceptical, he was still pretty sceptical about all of this place.

<Carol> "The chance to satisfy my curiosity." She went to collect her gun, flicking the safety on and holstering it.

<Clint> "Uhmm yeah. Guess I'll come find you sometime, then?"

<Carol> "Anytime, unless I'm not in my office..." She resolved herself to destroying another punching bag.

<Clint> "Does that mean you condone my skipping classes?" He laughed a little."

<Carol> "No. But it does mean I'll work with you to find a class you might actually turn up for."

<Clint> "Is there a class for people who like to take naps and shoot things?"

<Carol> "There's probably a class for people who like to shoot things... but that depends on what kind of career you want."

<Clint> "Dunno. Never really cared to think about it. Mostly just coasted through highschool. Only thing I'm good at is cars and shooting."

<Carol> "So think about it. You have an opportunity here and a whole lot of people who can open doors for you. Think you can handle that for homework?"

<Clint> "Nope. Gonna get some pie." Clint went to retrieve his arrows and set his targets out for later.

<Carol> "Just try, okay? You never know... it could be worth it." She turned to head back towards the main building.

<Clint> "Sure I'll bring you by some pie when I figure it out."

<Carol> "For your sake, it better be good pie!" She called back over her shoulder, giving him a wave.

<Clint> "I only eat good pie."

<Carol> "Then, by all means, bring pie." She shook her head to herself as she walked away.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6