2/20 Instance: Ice is Back

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/20 Instance: Ice is Back

Post by Slarti »

Timelined concurrent to The Last Straw

<Bobby> Bobby gave Paigey a parting kiss and a last squeeze to her hand before she left. He could hear Shaw in the hall, and wasn't at all disappointed he'd decided to stay out there. Staring at the IV in the back of his hand again, he carefully probed at the corner of his split lip with his tongue, trying hard not to think.

<Jessica> Jess passed her coat off to Sebastian and hurried through the door. She hated hospitals at the best of times but this was far worse than even being a patient in one. She crossed the room to Bobby and wrapped him into a careful hug without a single word.

<Bobby> Jumping at the movement in the room, he winced at the surprise hug. "Heeeey, Jessie... I didn't know you were here." Slowly, he tried to return it.

<Jessica> "I just got here with Sebastian... are you okay?" she released him enough to look at his face.

<Bobby> "I'm fiiiine," he said, giving her a grin. "But... I kinda got broken ribs, babe..."

<Jessica> "Sorry... I'm just glad you're alright..." she managed a small, relieved, smile. "I was really worried..."

<Bobby> "Yeah... well... Hope took the worst of it." Bobby looked her over, then catching the flash of the inhibitor bracelet on her wrist. "Looks like the sentinels can take care of powers for us now, no accessories required," he said, touching the bracelet.

<Jessica> She tugged her sleeve down over the inhibitor and shifted uncomfortably, "I'm working on it..." Pulling a chair over, she sat down next to the bed. "They won't let us see her...."

<Bobby> "It shot her," he said quietly after a few moments of silence. "It shot her twice... right in front of me. Like... some kind of energy blast."

<Jessica> "It's all over the news... the attack I mean... it was playing on the radio in the car before I turned it off...." She reached to take his hand in what small comforting gesture would be comfortable with his broken ribs.

<Bobby> "Yeah... just wait until it gets out that it was the president's daughter." He smiled at her hand in his and gave it a squeeze, noticing she was still wearing her ring - well, and she had arrived with Shaw, he supposed.

<Jessica> "Yeah... that'll be a fun PR thing for Osborn to deal with." She returned the squeeze, "I'm rather looking forward to that one."

<Bobby> "Hopefully it'll bury the bastard." He sighed and closed his eyes, resting his head back against the pillow. More painkillers had helped, that was for sure, but they also made him sleeeepy.

<Jessica> "Do they know how long your powers will be down for? Or how they did it?" She chewed her lip.

<Bobby> "Nope." Though he tried to sound unconcerned, he was far from it.

<Jessica> She gave his hand another squeeze, "Well... they're only doctors. They probably have the wrong people on it - they need McCoy or someone with an equally awesome brain."

<Bobby> Bobby was quiet for a long time. "She told me I couldn't die, because they'd put Ripley in the system. and then she went after it. By herself. No powers."

<Jessica> "That was a horrible situation to be put in... to have to choose like that... it was brave of her to sacrifice herself... stupid, but brave..."

<Bobby> "You would know," he said without thinking.

<Jessica> Jess winced at that, withdrawing her hand from his and shifting uncomfortably, "Yes... I would..."

<Bobby> Oh. Oh. "Sorry... that came out... um..."

<Jessica> "It's fine." She looked away, towards the door, "Would you rather I leave?"

<Bobby> "It was supposed to be a compliment... like... the brave part?" His face scrunched up and he realized maybe the drugs were a little too good.

<Jessica> "You probably want to work on your phrasing... and remember my epic guilt complex...." she offered, glancing back at him.

<Bobby> Bobby chewed his lip. "Sorry..." Work, brain, work! "How are you?" That... probably wasn't smart either...

<Jessica> "I'm okay...." she nodded, "Really... I'm not just faking to make you feel better... I mean... there's some weirdness going on but... I'm doing okay... been outside on my own and everything."

<Bobby> "Well, hey... that's good!" Grinning a little, he tried to shuffle himself up a little and reached for her hand again, wriggling his fingers.

<Jessica> She gave him a small smile and took the hand back. "Yeah... it was all a lie but it got me out the front door so I suppose I can feel good about it a little bit... but don't tell Sebastian I'm a little bit grateful because I don't think he'd take it so well..."

<Bobby> Bobby gave her a blank look, head cocked. "What happened?"

<Jessica> "Got some flowers... card said they were from the family of the girl I saved... they weren't." She gave a shrug, "I knew someone was watching the house. At least I know I'm not crazy so... hooray, right?"

<Bobby> The blank look continued until he realized. "Viper? Viper sent you flowers?!"

<Jessica> "Looks that way." She gave his hand a squeeze and sat back in her chair, slouching a little. "It's fine..."

<Bobby> "Yeah, I suppose I can see how Shaw wouldn't like that." He sighed and let his head drop back to his pillow, watching the room rotate around him.

<Jessica> "He worries... and so do I... but with this I don't think it's a good idea to add any more to it... it's just too much... why does everything keep falling apart?"

<Bobby> Rolling his head to the side, he looked at her and managed a tired smile. "I don't know, babe."

<Jessica> "You're not supposed to get hurt... you're supposed to be all indestructible, stop making people worry!"

<Bobby> "I know, right?" The smile spread into a woozy grin.

<Jessica> "If you weren't all busted up already I'd slap you right now."

<Bobby> He laughed, which hurt, but was totally worth it.

<Jessica> She laughed too, giving his hand another squeeze, "I'm really glad you're okay, Bobby..."

<Bobby> "Me too," he teased, but squeezed her hand. "Thanks, babe."

<Jessica> "I just hope whatever they did to your powers wears off.... so Hope can be okay too..." She looked down at her lap, determined to pull herself together.

<Bobby> That sobered him up quickly. "Yeah, I know... I mean, I owe her my life and I'm grateful... but for fuck's sake, I was trying to get her clear. It's my job... and I couldn't do it."

<Jessica> "You tried... she wouldn't let you... that was her choice... And if Tony yells at you, I will venomblast him. Don't think I won't."

<Bobby> "Ha!" Instantly, he winced after the cackle, but again worth it. "Wow, as much as I want to see that I can't picture that ending well, soooo..."

<Jessica> "Pfft," she waved it off, "I'll dose him with pheromones and Sebastian'll talk to him, it'll be fiiiiiine." she gave him a grin.

<Bobby> "That's true. They're both pervs, they'd probably get off on it," he laughed.

<Jessica> "Hey! I didn't mean it like that! ... Although, Tony did try to get me drunk one time before he was President... I told you about that, right?”

<Bobby> "Yeah, you did," he chuckled, shaking his head, which of course made it spin a little bit again. Unable to stifle his groan, he laid his head back on the pillow more carefully this time.

<Jessica> "Is that the concussion or the meds?" She shifted her seat a little closer to him, concerned, "I'm sorry... I should probably let you rest or something..."

<Bobby> "Both?" He laughed again, cracking an eye to look up at her. "It's nice to have company, especially hot girl company."

<Jessica> "Careful, I have a fiance with anger issues." She gave his shoulder a prod.

<Bobby> "Baaaaaah, I can take 'im," he said with a wink. "Maybe just not right now."

<Jessica> Jess offered him a small smile, leaning to press a kiss to his cheek. "Just focus on getting better, then we can debate all the reasons why you shouldn't try to take him."

<Bobby> He poked out his tongue. "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

<Jessica> "It's not lack of faith so much as love for the man I'm engaged to... so no turning him into a popsicle, okay?"

<Bobby> "I know, babe," he relented with an amused sigh. "He's probably got a Paigey on him right now though."

<Jessica> "Probably... or he's yelling at more people. One of the above..."

<Bobby> "I don't hear anything, so I think we're good." He raised his free hand and stared at the IV.

<Jessica> "I think I'd prefer the yelling at the moment..." She sighed, following his gaze to the IV, "What?"

<Bobby> "Nothing." Bobby blinked, yawned, winced again. "I just hate these things. Always have... and they put it in my left hand, bastards."

<Jessica> "Yeah... I know that feeling... I pulled mine out so they had to put it back in. Made sure they put it in the right hand then.... but I don't recommend that. It hurts."

<Bobby> Wheezing a laugh, he let the hand fall. "Heeey, sounds familiar. I've done that before, too."

<Jessica> "Pluuuus you're without painkillers til they come back so that part also hurts." She nodded sagely, "And you get disapproving looks."

<Bobby> "God, Paige would kill me," he groaned.

<Jessica> "She would and then when Hope woke up she'd kill you all over again." She nodded to herself, "She's got a temper."

<Bobby> "Nooooo, really?" He refused to consider the possibility it would be if she woke up. Closing his eyes, he enjoyed the floaty feeling and at first didn't hear the muffled pop and tinkle from above his head.

<Jessica> Jess did hear it and yelped in surprise, then again as some ice found its way to her skin. Cold! "Bobby!"

<Bobby> "What?" He jumped, which hurt, giving her a wide-eyed, confused look. Her gaze was locked on the source of the cold, though, so he looked up to the IV bag. "Oh..."

<Bobby> Had he done that? He had to have done that, right? Screwing up his face in concentration, he reached for the saline in the bag and it snapped to ice, splitting the side seam of the the bag. The ice dropped to the tile floor and shattered.

<Jessica> Jess jumped to her feet, staring at the ice on the floor, "Your powers..."

<Bobby> He laughed, sounding more than a little crazed. Reaching for the IV line, he jerked it free as he shifted to ice. "Well hey! Problem solved!"

<Jessica> "Oh thank God!" Ice or no ice, she threw her arms around him and hugged him tight.

<Bobby> "Heeeeey," he protested, but returned the hug, shifting back so she wouldn't freeze and giving her a tight squeeze.

<Jessica> "You're okay! Like really okay!" She gave him another squeeze. "I won't break your ribs again, I promise, I'm just so glad you're okay."

<Bobby> "I am!" Letting go, he sat up and started picking off monitors, ignoring the merry hell of alarms this started to set off.

<Jessica> Jess decided to turn off the power on the monitors that were beeping because she couldn't ignore that much noise. "I should go get someone..."

<Bobby> "Naaaaah," he scoffed, already halfway through stripping off his own bandages, starting with that one that was pulling his hair.

<Jessica> She laughed a little, "Okay maybe not a someone... how about some coffee?"

<Bobby> "Iced," he said with a shit-eating grin. His insistence he didn't need a someone fell a little short when a panicked looking nurse trailed by a SHIELD agent - weapon drawn - appeared at the door. "Oh... oops..."

<Jessica> Jess eeped and ducked behind Bobby, "I'm not bullet proof!"