2/24 Instance: Death Wish

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

2/24 Instance: Death Wish

Post by JackSkulls »

Timelined shortly after Live Coverage

Christopher Chris had finally made it back to his trailer and sat back into his chair. Everything was sore, he wasn't used to being sore. The drugs had really fucked him up and were finally working out of his system and he felt like he was dying. What made it worse was his girlfriend as far as he knew was still in the hospital and he couldn't help her either.

Hope: After her talk with Bobby, Hope was healed and released from the hospital. Cleaned up and dressed, she had one item left on her to do list. She had a boyfriend to deal with. She had her car let her out at the school and she made her way to his trailer. He'd be there or his room, but she put her money on there.

Christopher Chris just sat there with all the lights out, wallowing in his guilt and pain. "Maybe I should have just got up and let the sentinel kill me..."

Hope: She didn't bother to knock, as she didn't before her stay in the hospital. She opened, then closed the door behind her, flicking on the lights and searching the room for him.

Christopher Chris cringed at the sudden burst of light. "What the hell!" He almost yelled until it hurt too much and he just cringed in pain all over.

Hope: "What the hell?" Hope said for him, crossing her arms.

Christopher "H...hey." Chris stared at her, a little disbelieving. Was he hallucinating again? He didn't really know.

Hope: "What's what you have to say? Hey?"

Christopher "Glad to see you're alive....?" Chris frowned a little. It was Hope, he couldn't hallucinate that rage. "I missed you." He managed to get out with some pain.

Hope: "Funny way of showing it, hiding out here... not bothering to come by. Appreciate the sentiment."

Christopher "Sorry... If I knew you were getting better I would have been there. I.. sorry." Chris wasn't going to make excuses.

Hope: "You should have been there regardless! I didn't expect it from Tony or Sebastian or any of the others who came... but I would at least think YOU would come."

Christopher "Shaw made it clear I wasn't wanted...." Chris lied, he knew Shaw would have let him stay. He wasn't handling all the pressure and stress very well and he knew he had fucked up.

Hope: "You want to try a different excuse? Or are you that much of a damn coward that you tucked tail and ran?"

Christopher "I'm sorry Hope. Guess I'm just worthless." Chris scrubbed his face.

Hope: "I nearly die... and the best you can come up with is that you are worthless?"

Christopher "I obviously can't protect you or myself for that matter. I wasn't there for you when
you needed me. Yeah... I'm worthless." Chris leaned forward to stare at the ground, he didn't feel he deserved to look at her.

Hope: "You weren't fucking there! I have people PAID to do that and they couldn't fucking do it that day either! I don't know what the hell this sudden death wish is, but if that's what you want, you're on your own. It isn't what it's cracked up to be and not what I wanted at all."

Christopher "Yeah.... I'm not worth your time. Not worth anyone's." He said under his breath. "Sorry I wasted your time..."

Hope: Hope stared at him long and hard. "Well. Glad to know I mean so much to you."

Christopher "You mean more to me than you can imagine... I'm just not worth your time."

Hope: "The fact that I had to come find YOU... tells me you don't give a fuck. So if you do? Prove it." She went for the door.

Christopher "Hope... I can't get up." He sighed with some pain trying to get up. "I don't know what to tell you... I should have been there." Chris manged to fall out of the chair trying to get up to her.

Hope: It was a satisfying thud, really. She glanced at him over her shoulder. "And why can't you move? What did you do to yourself?"

Christopher "Ran into one of those things too..." Chris bit his lip. He wasn't going to tell her he was using drugs. "Internal bleeding, broke some bones.... stuff like that."

Hope: "Then the intelligent thing to do would be to go to the hospital. But I guess we can throw intelligent decisions out the window for you, now can't we?"

Christopher Chris propped himself up on the chair and looked up at her. "Yeah I'm just full of fail." The fact that she actually stayed made him feel more even more disappointed in himself.

Hope: "Full of stupid is more accurate." She didn't know what to do about him now.

Christopher "Guess so..." Chris gave up trying to get up and just stared at the bottle of painkillers on his nightstand, they wouldn't do anything for him. He'd just have to go get something from his dealer later.

Hope: "I saw you on TV you know."

Christopher "Oh? Didn't know there were cameras there..."

Hope: "Do you want to die, Chris? Is that it?"

Christopher "Not like I deserve any better."

Hope: "What you deserve is for your ass to be kicked. I'm going to be selfish here, because hey, I nearly died. How fucking DARE you try to put me through that shit again!?"

Christopher "I didn't mean to upset you Hope... I wasn't really." Chris just frowned. "I'm sorry."

Hope: "You have no regard for those of us who have to pick up the pieces again and again. I didn't want to die! I had little choice that day. But at least what I did was to try and help someone else. It wasn't out of my own selfishness to escape."

Christopher "I don't know what to say. I'm just sorry for everything I've done to you Hope."

Hope: "When you're done with your pity party, you know where to find me." She headed to the door again.

Christopher "Yeah, you deserve better anyways." Chris tried to get himself up so he could go lay in his bed and wait to die.

Hope: She slammed the door on her way out. This was absurd.