5/1 Instance: I Am Iron Broo

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/1 Instance: I Am Iron Broo

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Broo> Once again, Broo had managed to turn a perfectly proper looking area into a disaster zone with bits and pieces of junk and technology strewn and stacked all the way up to the ceiling. In the middle of his technonest, the little science bug was straddled over a piece of equipment, hunched over as sparks flew from where he was welding.

<Broo> And once again, the little monster had gone through all of his labcoats, the current one he was wearing now in shambles, holes burnt in it everywhere, Brooed and destroyed, and holding on to his body by sheer belief alone. And right next to him, was Widget, ready and waiting like a good assistant.

<Shaw> Knocking on the door hadn't resulted in any change in the distressing sounds coming from the basement lair of his new brother-in-law, so Sebastian opened the door and let himself in. Oh, and that's where Widget had gotten to, was it? "Dear God, you'd best be pleased your sister didn't come to see what you were doing in here..." His mouth may have been open in awe or horror at the devastation of his basement.

<Broo> The little firework show stopped and Broo looked up, pulling his safety goggles up as well. "Hello Mr. Shaw!" he called and waved. "Guess what! I figured out what that box was!" he announced as well before climbing off of the invention he was sitting on.

<Shaw> "Did you now?" Sebastian picked a path through the debris to Broo, giving his robot the once over as he did. Leaning close, his long nose wrinkled slightly as he tried to figure out what he was up to now. “It's Sebastian,” he reminded him. "What is it then?"

<Broo> "It's a power source, an energy generator. I'm still a little confused on what it is tapping into to get that much power output, but it makes more than enough to power the school's danger campus I'm building." he replied, wiping his clawed hands on the shredded labcoat. It was unclear if his hands got cleaner or more dirty.

<Shaw> "Oh?" Dropping into a crouch, he inspected the device. It was a mass of wire and circuitry, boxy, and exuded an ominous azure glow... from within. "Broo, should we be wearing radiation suits?"

<Broo> "Oh, not to worry, the radiation coming off of this would penetrate any protective suits known to man. Nothing we can do about that. Besides, we're already mutated, what's the worse that could happen, we turn normal?"

<Shaw> That gave him a moment of pause and he considered scheduling a doctor's appointment. "Lovely," he deadpanned, picking up a screwdriver from the floor and giving the box a poke.

<Broo> The glow between the edges of the box glowed brighter in response of the poke. "Please don't poke it. I don't think it likes it." Broo mentioned, then turned his attention to one of the items that the box was connected to. "I wanted to show you this. Look, what do you think?" he asked, showing off the metal that resembled a suit of armor.

<Shaw> "It's sentient then?" He retracted the screwdriver and exchanged a glance with Widget, then turned his attention to the armor. "Trying your hand at a robot of your own are you?"

<Broo> "Actually, no. Well, sort of. This is basically an interfacing robotic outer shell unifying intelligent technology. Or just an IRONSUIT." he replied, making air quotes at the shortened name. "Took me half an hour trying to think of a fitting acronym."

<Shaw> Sebastian scratched his chin. "It's an exoskeleton..." His eyes wandered from the suit to Broo. Back. Then forth again. "For your exoskeleton."

<Broo> "Yeah. I have a soft underbelly. Plus I'm not bullet proof. I sort of based it on Cyberdyne's idea of robotic support legs for the elderly in Japan. Only much better." he said, picking up the silver visor. "I'm still working on the helmet, but this is basically the interface from inside." he held it up for Shaw to take. "And I'm thinking of trying to get it to fly as well."

<Shaw> Head cocked, he debated telling the boy about Cyberdyne, then decided it was a tale for another day. He accepted the visor and tilted it to see inside the smallish, curved surface. "This is very ambitious," he observed.

<Broo> "Yeah, I guess it is... maybe I should go back to the teleportation device, see if I can get it working perfectly. I have a feeling it keeps linking into.. nevermind, it's probably not even what I'm thinking." Broo said, while slipping on a thin material glove. Lines lit up on it, and when he opened and and then clenched his hand, the metal hand of the suit mimicked.

<Shaw> The lines of light made a muscle beside his eye tic. "Linking into that place you sent Jessie and I last spring?" He nodded at the movement, suitably impressed. "It's a shame Danger isn't available, I'm certain she would assist you in your endeavor... well, probably in all your endeavors. I consulted her when building Widget." The robot burbled happily at the sound of his name.

<Broo> "Widget actually helped me a lot with this. In fact, he was very helpful when he allowed me to peek within him. I did not touch anything, I only looked." Broo said. "Which reminds me, I made some notes on improvements in his design that you might want to look over."

<Shaw> "Oh?" He smirked. "Well, you'll have to share those with me sometime." Handing the visor back to the small bug boy, he chuckled to himself. "Perhaps I'll have to teach Widget the concept of safewords." Considering this for a moment, he looked up at Broo. "I do trust you're comfortable here. It certainly looks like you've made yourself at home."

<Broo> "Oh I'm very happy here. I sort of messed up the initial idea of using this place as my sanctuary away from technology. What exactly is a safeword, and why would widget need one?"

<Shaw> "Well, I know your sister is happy having you close." He smiled, though it turned a little wolfish. "While technically I suppose we're now family and I should explain such things, I don't think I will. Consult the internet."

<Broo> "Ah, sexual term. Don't worry, I've done quite a bit of research on sexual things already. Do you know what a dirty sanchez is?" he asked.

<Shaw> "As quick route to castration? Yes. In fact, I had to substantially increase the police bribe when that happened at the Club last year."

<Broo> "The club? Ah yes, that club. I heard what had happened to it, very unfortunate. Always a tragedy when a booming business has to shut down. I saw Mr O'Hare sulk rather heavily at the school for a while."

<Shaw> That made Sebastian realize he should pay closer attention to that club as well. "Yes... I suppose Mr. O'Hare and I are overdue for a chat."

<Broo> "I'm just saddened I never had a chance to visit that place before it was closed down." Broo added, slipping the glove off his hand finally. The small scientist waddled back to his energy box and fiddled with it some more. "I do hope one of these days I would have a sexual moment with someone else as well. I fear I might end up old and alone. As a virgin. With virgin I mean not having had any sexual relations. Not virgin in the female sense of not having a hymen broken."

<Shaw> A series of unfortunate mental images screeched across Sebastian's mind and he stared off into the cluttered middle distance. After a long while, he shuddered.

<Broo> "Mr. Shaw? Are you all right? You seem rather pale for a Caucasian human male." Broo said, staring at Sebastian.

<Shaw> "Sebastian," he corrected automatically, then finally looked back to the boy. "What? Oh, yes." He didn't sound entirely convinced of this himself. "I'm sure," he started, paused to clear his throat. "You're young yet, I'm sure you'll have ample time to experience such ... things."

<Broo> Broo's brows furrowed. "I'm technically eighteen, you know," he added. "I age twice as fast than anyone else. Actually... I'm technically turning twenty in a couple of months. With enough time, I'll be older than you, Mr. Shaw." Broo added.

<Shaw> "Se-" He finally focused on Broo and perked up, interested. "Really? Fascinating. But do you have any indication how long your lifespan could extend?"

<Broo> "At the current rate of aging, with the current rate of cell degeneration... my best guess would be age fifty. Most probably less. So I would say I have around twenty more years left in me. Well unless I molt again and my body metamorphs once more. Then it might be fifteen good years left in me."

<Shaw> "Interesting." He tilted his head. "Does your sister know this?"

<Broo> "I... I do not think so. Do you think I should tell her? It's a rather morbid subject. Might I add congratulations on not batting the proverbial eye when I mentioned molting and metamorphosis."

<Shaw> "Mutants are strange, so it's only occasionally I bat one, but you, my friend, are strange even by mutant standards." He smiled. "I mean that in the most sincere way." Considering Jessica's reactions to loss, his smile didn't last long. "I'm not sure. She has a right to know, as she does love you very much, but I'm unsure how she will react. Perhaps it's something best thought about before action."

<Broo> "Preferably in ten years' time. It's a sad fact, but it seems that the average lifespan of mutants aren't that long. I have looked up on previous residents and students of Xavier University. If I survive ten years, then I suspect I will die of old age, then we tell her."

<Shaw> As he intended to live a long life and sell his soul to ensure Jessica did the same, the corner of his mouth ticked up. "I wouldn't be surprised if within two years you haven't learned how to upload your consciousness into that creation and outlive us all." He nodded toward the suit.

<Broo> "Oh, I already started on an AI based on my own consciousness. It will help work the suit. That's the best I can do until I can actually copy and upload memories." he said with a smug insectoid grin.

<Shaw> "You are truly remarkable, Broo," he said with a laugh.