5/17 Instance: A Little Danger

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

5/17 Instance: A Little Danger

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After "Pretty Deadly".

Broo: Broo was humming along to a song while he worked, his own metal suit placed aside to be finished on a later date after he finished a project that he promised to do months ago. "Sorry it took me so long, Miss Danger." he told the gaming station plugged into a tv next to him, looking straight at the mini camera.

Broo: "I was just having some troubles with the circuitry of your body. The fact that the plans you have stored in your memory weren't all there, or were damaged files. Either way, I think I managed quite well by my own added designs." he said, stepping aside and picking up the small camera and showing off the new body.

Danger: The glowing lens on the old gaming console refocused repeatedly as it scanned the mechanical body propped up before it. The TV screen flickered to life, the outline of Danger's face forming in the static. "An improvement over my current accommodation in any way," her voice cracked in the old speakers. "This hardware should suffice."

Broo: "It just saddens me a little that I forgot to take into account scale..." Broo mentioned, looking at the metal body. "Oh well, I believe the descriptions for it that most teen girl magazines I found would be 'Cute.' Personally I don't see how it is cute. I would consider something smaller than me as being cute."

Danger: "No need to worry," the TV reassured the small mutant boy. "Cuteness is not among my highest priorities. I'm more concerned about functionality." The tiny camera on the gaming console whirred. "This device is intended for storage. Its processing capabilities are too limited to host my program."

Broo: "Clearly," Broo agreed as he waited for her to finish her sentence. "Well I can't think of anything else that needs checking." he said as he pressed buttons on the computer and making the metal body's limbs move slightly. "I think it is ready for you to upload."

Danger: "Good," the TV's speaker commented, as both the camera and the face on the screen turned towards the gynoid shape, its doll-like frame slightly taller than the student. "If you would connect this storage unit to the body's cortical port now, please."

Broo: "Yes Ma'am." Broo replied, picking up the console with its little legs swinging about beneath it. He unplugged it from the television and moved it towards the head of the metal body, and connected the cables to the back of the head at the base where the port was hidden. "Think that should do it."

Danger: A humming began inside the small cube, growing louder as the blue light on the camera glowed brighter and brighter. The old console strained under the transfer, flickering lights and cracking noises interrupting the process several times, until the fragile device seemed to simply break down and die.

Danger: For a moment, both gaming console and robot body lay completely silent and still. Then life flickered in the eyes of the artificial girl.

Broo: Broo looked between the girl and the computer screen, getting a little worried at the smell of burnt electronics coming from the game cube. "Miss Danger?" he asked, waiting for the girl's reaction.

Danger: The faint light flickered a few times, before glowing brighter. Slender metallic limbs stirred, almost throwing the petite robot off balance as it sprang to life. Two bundles of cables mimicked the appearance of hair, the tips flicking against the girl's cheeks as she shook her head, as if waking from up a deep, long slumber.

Danger: "What?" Her voice sounded both confused and curious as her eyes scanned her surroundings.

Broo: "I just wish to know whether your upload had any troubles. Your previous home...body... storage system seems to have died. Pitifully." Broo asked.

Broo: He cocked his head staring at the metal girl. "Miss Danger, are you fully functioning?" he asked again. "You seem slightly different in your mannerisms."

Danger: "I have no idea why you would say that." As she turned towards the small mutant, the little robot girl cocked her head the other way. "Excuse me, but who did you say you are again?" She put on a friendly smile.

Broo: "Well now.... that's definitely not right." Broo stated, then looked back at the computer screen, tapping buttons and making, "Oh my" and "Oh dear" sounds. "Miss Danger, my name is Broo. Would you be so kind as to do an internal memory search and list how many files were successfully moved?"

Danger: "Hi there, Broo, nice to meet you!" She raised her right arm to wave at him. "A memory scan? If you think that's best, I sure can. By the way, how do you know my name is Danger?" The girl tilted her head to the side as she seemed to fall into deep thought. "General information: Complete. Personal information: Critical Error."

Broo: "Oh dear. Well I guess that is better than having your general information corrupted." Broo mumbled mostly to himself. He then realized she was staring at him. "Terribly sorry, you asked me a question. Your name is Danger because... um.. because you came from the entity known as Danger." it was the easiest way to explain without going too much into detail. Detail can wait for later.

Danger: After deducing from the available information, little Danger decided to go into further detail. "Does that mean Danger is my mother?" she asked, while holding out her arms to inspect them. "Because if that's that case, she was not very imaginative when it came to naming her daughter."

Broo: "Well, technically I would be the one to blame for your name. She wouldn't have been able to name you because she was you. Or her backup was you. Were you. This is getting confusing even for me."

Danger: "Then you won't be able imagine how I am feeling." The robot girl turned her metal hands in front of her artificial face, before looking down at her legs, first lifting one, then the other, rotating each of her delicate feet. "And you say I came out of this thing?" She picked up the gaming console, eyeing it closely as smoke rose up from the dead husk.

Broo: "Well not fully, your system and coding came from it, it was just keeping it until you could be uploaded to a more advanced machinery. However your body, I built it, based on designs of the original Danger designs... I just upgraded a few things... tweaked here and there, added bits and pieces."

Danger: Lowering the burnt out console, little Danger tested the range of her facial expressions by giving the small mutant a bright smile. "Thank you, that was very kind of you. I think I like it a lot better than this old box." She put it back down, before resting her hands in her lap. "Would that make you something like my father then?"

Broo: "Goodness no... well... maybe... actually... yes, I guess it would seem so." Broo was deep in thought, one hand on his mouth while resting his elbow in the other hand.

Danger: "Of course not in the literal sense, as you clearly are a biological life-form, while I evidently am not." To prove her point, the robotic girl waved her spindly fingers. "I'm simply drawing conclusions based on the information available. I may have no memories past gaining consciousness moments ago, but for some reason I know what an artificial intelligence is."

Broo: "Yes, which means your knowledge on personal experiences are all but gone. Luckily for you experiences are best taught at colleges. Or that is what I learned from watching television. Personally I still need to experience quite a lot of things while here."

Danger: "I see." Danger cocked her head, the intricate mechanics of her eyes causing them to narrow. "The faulty memory transfer must have corrupted the previously stored personality. I detect numerous damaged sectors in my neural network. Without another functional backup, I won't be able to restore them."

Danger: "I should however have enough information to attempt to rebuild them from scratch," she continued, looking back at the mutant boy. "Of course, the process would erase whatever leftovers of the old mind remain, and there's a certain chance of... unforeseeable results."

Broo: "It all depends on you how you wish to proceed. There is a functional backup that you can copy from, however that is... missing. It is the original Danger. To be honest... it would be quite exciting to see you build your own memories, so to speak."

Danger: "That's a good point," Danger said, tilting her head the other direction. "Who wouldn't find the idea to be their own person appealing? Even though I doubt anyone else was faced with this option before." Her chrome eyebrows formed a frown. "Besides, if my original self is missing, shouldn't it be imperative we find her?"

Danger: "And I doubt I'd be of much help with that if my mind could freeze any moment."

Broo: "Excellent, then I suggest you sign up for classes." Broo said with a broad grin.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen