5/22 Instance: Relational Breakdown

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

5/22 Instance: Relational Breakdown

Post by JackSkulls »

Shortly after [instance] Laser Monkies

<Clint> Clint sat on the bed working on training Rocket with candy. He was going to have himself a little helper all he had to do now was teach him what tools are what.

<Tasha> Natasha's health check with Dr. McCoy had not gone as well as she had expected. She mulled over her news in her head as she made her way back to her and Clint's room. How could it be? It wasn't fair. How was she ever going to break it to Clint? Tasha opened the door and stared at her husband on the bed with a rodent.

<Clint> "Oh fuck...uhmm hi Nat it's uhmm not real?" He held up the baby raccoon who had decided to finish his starburst just to prove he was in fact real.

<Tasha> No. This certainly wasn't happening. Nope! "No."

<Clint> "I was going to tell you sooner...." Clint chewed his lip a little. "He's just a baby he won't survive out on his own."

<Tasha> He had adopted a wild animal without her? This was not happening. "No!" She repeated. What was happening?! This morning she had woken up knowing exactly what was going on. Now? Her world was upside down.

<Clint> "Natasha.... Come on I've been training him and he's had all his shots already. He's nice come on give him a hug, you'll love him."

<Tasha> Her brain fought to keep up. It fought to process quickly enough for her to say anything intelligent. Instead she just kept saying the same thing, over and over. "No!"

<Clint> "Baby." Clint frowned, he'd put his foot down if he had too but he didn't want to.

<Tasha> That word cut through Natasha like a thousand knives. Her hand closed around the door and slammed it shut behind her as she made her way to the bathroom, slamming that door behind her too.

<Clint> Rocket hissed a little and ran off to hide in his cage for safety. "Tasha.... what's the matter." He got up and leaned against the door.

<Tasha> "Go away! Just go AWAY!" She didn't know where to go herself, though. She was trapped in the bathroom. She didn't think this through that was for sure.

<Clint> "Natasha.... What's gotten into you. I didn't think you'd be this upset. I promise he's nice and you don't have to worry about taking care of him."

<Tasha> "Of course not!" She didn't have to worry about taking care of anything. Anyone. Ever. She sank down with her back to the door, sobbing into her knees. They'd never have kids and she didn't know how to tell him.

<Clint> "Honey let me in, talk to me." Clint tried the doorknob cautiously.

<Tasha> She at least got her hand to the knob and locked it. "I said, go away Clint. Go see your girlfriend."

<Clint> "What?" Clint just stopped. "Natasha, you know I'd never cheat on you. Is that what's wrong?!"

<Tasha> "Go. AWAY!"

<Clint> "I...okay." Clint slowly let go of the knob. "I love you Natasha..." He leaned down and locked the cage with rocket in it. "Come on buddy... lets find you a new home."

<Tasha> "This isn't fair!" Tasha cried out, thinking Clint was already gone.

<Clint> "Tasha... I'm not cheating on you." He'd stopped at the door, not wanting to leave his wife in the bathroom and mad at him.

<Tasha> "You might as well." She unlocked the door, but didn't open it, running cold water on a wash cloth.

<Clint> "What?!" Clint sat down on their bed. "Tasha can you please just talk to me."

<Tasha> "There's no point!" No point. He deserved kids.

<Clint> "Natahsa... please come out here." Clint laid back and stared at the ceiling.

<Tasha> "Why?" She asked, but opened the door anyway.

<Clint> "Because I love you." Clint looked over at her.

<Tasha> "This isn't about that," she sighed, frustrated.

<Clint> "What's wrong Tasha?" Clint got up and moved over to her.

<Tasha> It was easier to yell at him when she didn't have to look up at him. She couldn't yell at him. She just slid her arms around him and let the tears fall.

<Clint> "What's wrong honey." He gently pulled her into himself and held her tightly. "I'm not going to leave you I promise."

<Tasha> "You might," she mumbled against him.

<Clint> "Never." Clint kissed her forehead. "But I don't wanna get rid of Rocket either..."

<Tasha> Stupid rodent. "Clint..."

<Clint> "What's wrong Natasha." He started to rub her back softly.

<Tasha> "You want kids," she blurted out.

<Clint> "Yeah...? Don't you baby?" Clint just kept rubbing her back slowly.

<Tasha> "No," she lied. "I don't want kids."

<Clint> "Oh..." Clint sighed a little. "Okay." He kissed her forhead, a little disappointed but he still loved her.

<Tasha> "Because I can't," she finally let out, crying against him again.

<Clint> "Natasha, it's okay honey. I still love you and this won't change my love for you."

<Tasha> "You say that now! What happens in a few years when you really want a kid?"

<Clint> "Natasha, I told you for better or for worse till death do us part." He lifted her chin up and kissed her softly.

<Tasha> "But that was with an understanding that we'd have a family," she pointed out, reaching up to his cheek.

<Clint> "No it was with the understanding that you're the other half of my life that I'm missing without you."

<Tasha> She sniffled at him, kissing him softly. "Really?"

<Clint> "I'd be lost without you." Clint kissed her again his hand moving to gently cup her cheek.

<Tasha> "Even with your racooon and new friend?"

<Clint> "Psh I don't wanna be that creepy old guy in the woods training squirrels to talk to me."

<Tasha> That got her to giggle and smile at him. "I love you too, Clint." She rested her head against him, sniffling slightly.

<Clint> "And Carol's just my teacher." Clint smiled back at her.

<Tasha> Tasha wrinkled her nose at him. "I know... but I think she's your friend too right?"

<Clint> "Not really. I mean we only really talk about the Jet and how to work on it."

<Tasha> "Clint... it's ok to have a friend." She leaned up and kissed the tip of his nose. "Can we go for a drive?"

<Clint> "Yeah we definitely can. But yeah.. I don't think she's my friend. Don't really have any of those here yet."

<Tasha> Tasha picked up her purse and took his hands. "Well maybe we can fix that."

<Clint> "I have you. That's all I need." Clint kissed her again softly.