5/24 Instance: Unrestroom

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

5/24 Instance: Unrestroom

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After "A Little Danger".

Broo: "Well now, that was very entertaining and educational if you ask me." Broo said as he watched the couple of boys half limp out of the restroom. The place was filled with jungle vines and exotic birds and howler monkeys screeching far in the background. "I'm glad they found their way out of the jungle. I was quite impressed to see how the one used his powers to get out of the stall's quicksand."

Danger: "You know, at first I wasn't sure about the educational value of extending the holographic network into the school's public restrooms," Danger commented as she peeked through the open door. "But now we can at least be certain that these boys will be prepared for their next giant snake attack while on the toilet."

Danger: "But now we can at least be certain that these boys will be prepared for their next giant snake attack while on the toilet."

Broo: "Most definitely. Just a shame about the buggy part." he replied pointing at the corner of the restroom that looks like it was a part of space. "I think the projector is out of sync with the rest of the room's programming." he said while he thumbed through options on his personalized tablet.

Danger: Stopping just outside the entrance to the restroom, Danger watched from the hallway how her mutant friend worked on the faulty machine. "Fortunately one of them had the ability to fly when the floor broke away, or we better hoped the failsafes work."

Broo: Broo nearly walked into the closed door of the restroom. He pushed it open and it was as if he just walked into a natural geographic documentary. "Do you think I should have David Attenborough's voice narrate facts while this program activate? Might as well make this a learning program for body and mind." Broo asked. "I'm wondering...: he started, staring at the jungle with a bit of spaaaaace in the corner.

Danger: "If you have to go, I can wait right here, in case any more swamp monsters appear," the juvenile robot assured her insectoid little friend. "Don't worry, I promise I won't sneak a peek."

Broo: "That is very considerate of you, even though a bit redundant seeing that you have witnessed me in undress many times now." Broo said shuffling further into the room. He pressed an option on his tablet and the space corner flickered back to the restroom corner, still not matching the jungle decor. "I was actually more wondering on the powers that were being used."

Danger: "I'm still amazed by the sheer variety of them," Danger remarked, leaning past the doorframe to take a look around, but otherwise staying firmly rooted outside. "I think I've yet to see two mutants with exactly identical powers here at the school."

Broo: "Exactly, that is what came to mind. There are so many different mutations with all their accompanying powers, and yet an inhibitor can cancel all of them out. Understandable it disrupts the cells at a molecular level with the correct wavelength, however that just states that it stops the flow of... well... energy. I feel a hypothesis about to brew."

Danger: "Oh, I'm excited already!" The robot girl's metal feet clanked on the floor as she bounced up and down on her heel. "Are you going to tell me about it? I really do like to hypothesise."

Broo: "Well seeing that each mutant's powers are of a different nature... and some beyond understanding different, why would an inhibitor work with all of their powers, unless if the energy it blocks is of the same nature. Yet for all the research papers ever done, none ever goes further into the nature of the energy."

Broo: "They mostly just focus on the power caused by the mutation itself. I hypothesize that there must be an actual energy that mutants are tapping into that causes their abilities to work." he said, tapping away on his tablet and calibrating the projector until it linked up with the rest in the restroom.

Danger: "This would also explain why so many mutants seemingly can get away with breaking most fundamental laws of physics," Danger commented, holding up a slim metallic finger. "Perhaps they don't break them as much as cheat their way around them."

Broo: "True. So this energy would actually have its own laws of physics that it follows. Right then, Danger, I think I know what we're going to do today. Let's see if we can find this energy." Broo announced. The whole restroom flickered and he started to float in space. "Well... now I wish I had wings to steer."

Danger: "If we're successful in our research and can validate this hypothesis, we might be able to save old Einstein once more," the robot girl announced, sounding equal parts hopeful and excited. "His theories aren't obsolete. He simply didn't see the whole picture. All we have to do is discover what he missed."

Danger: Danger tilted her head as she watched Broo float in the middle of the room, but made no move to come to the boy's aid. "Perhaps I could help with that, but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate." She gestured at the symbol on the door. "This is the boy's restroom, after all."

Broo: "True. I had to work nearly blindfolded when I installed the projectors in the girl's restrooms. That was very difficult. Someone tried to swat me as well while I was crouching and installing one in a corner." Broo mused. "I shall just turn this off...." the second he pressed on his tablet, the boy fell and landed on his head.

Danger: "Are you all right?" Danger asked, genuine concern in her electronic voice. "Did you hurt yourself?"

Broo: "Ow." he mumbled and twisted around to sit on the floor holding his head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just throbs a little." he said, rubbing himself, "I think... Say, the girl I experimented on, Cassandra St. Commons, her powers were much stronger in her alternate dimension. That might mean the energy would be more abundant in other dimensions."

Danger: "Or even originate from there," Danger tossed in, looking down either direction of the hallway, before stepping over the threshold to help her friend up. "The fact that many mutants seem to be able to give off far more energy than they could take in by natural means has perplexed scientist since the discovery of the X gene."

Broo: Broo stood up and got his tablet frrom the floor, looking it over for any damage. He was a little proud of how sturdy the tablet was. Why buy something when you can make it even better on your own. "I think you might be on to something there. Danger, would you like to see about making our own portals into other dimensions?" he asked her.

Danger: "Wouldn't that carry the risk of having unforeseeable and possible disastrous effects on the space-time-continuum?" Danger asked her little buglike friend, before her synthetic lips formed a grin. "When do we get started?"
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen