6/19 Instance: Approved

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

6/19 Instance: Approved

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for right after [Instance]Fishing for Speedsters.

<Carol> Carol frowned at her email, fingernails tapping on the edge of her desk. It should not be this hard to hire a space suit and space-proof camera. She closed her laptop and leaned back in her chair to stare at the ceiling, maybe there was someone she could threaten into it.

<Cessily> "If we're lucky, we can catch her between appointments," Cessily said as she walked up to the Lieutenant-Colonel's office with their visitor in tow. Stopping at the door, she gave it a gentle knock. "Carol?" She looked back at Pietro and gave him an encouraging smile.

<Carol> Her chair landed back on four legs with a bang as she sat up again, "Did I forget a meeting?" she looked under her laptop for her 'to do' list, "Crap, I totally did..." she looked up at the clock, "But not right now..."

<Cessily> "Don't worry, you didn't!" Cessily called through the door as she stifled a laugh, before daring to open a small gap to poke through her head. "I just wondered if you had a moment." The silver young woman put on her sweetest smile. "Here's someone I'd like you to meet."

<Carol> "I did but I got time anyway," she offered a smile to Cessily and attempted to organise her desk into something resembling tidy. "Come on in..."

<Pietro> Pietro raised an eyebrow at Cess and gave the door a dubious look.

<Cessily> "We brought you some fresh coffee from the kitchen," Cessily said upon entering Carol's office, holding up her offering with a grin. She had learnt that bringing treats was the best way to lighten the officer's mood, just in case something or someone had managed to upset the young woman.

<Carol> Carol smiled back, holding out both hands, "Gimme, I may have accidentally blasted the coffee machine in my office... I say accidentally but it was the coffee machine's fault." She looked over Cessily's shoulder to eye their visitor.

<Cessily> Cessily snickered and handed over the big mug containing the steaming hot liquid goodness. "I believe you, even without questioning the coffee machine. If you like, I can tell Broo to take a look at it."

<Carol> "Oh God, no, he'll put lasers on it or something... I can't handle that first thing in the morning." She inhaled the smell of the coffee before she took a sip. "Much better.... so... who's this?"

<Cessily> The silver girl stepped aside and turned around, gesturing at Pietro. "This is Pietro Maximoff," Cessily introduced their guest. "Xavier University alumni, former X-Man, and an old friend. Pietro, this is Lieutenant-Colonel Carol Danvers, our SHIELD liaison and commanding officer of their personnel here at the school."

<Pietro> "Hi," Pietro waved, deciding not to shake hands and therefore hamper the coffee drinking. "I'm not here to cause trouble, I just wanted to look around and say hi to some old friends."

<Carol> "Hmm... okay." Carol leaned back in her seat again, eyes going to the clock on the wall then her watch, "Damn it... killed another one.... I'm supposed to be teaching a class."

<Cessily> "Pietro and his family moved into their own home before the whole mess with Hydra happened, but he came back to offer his help, so I offered to show him around and introduce him to the new faces." Cessily looked between the two, wearing a small smile. "I think I'll get you a sun clock for Christmas."

<Carol> "Electronics just hate me this week - I already blew up a laptop." She gave a shrug, gesturing to the chairs opposite her desk, "I'm just going to pretend that I'm supposed to be here right now and my class will teach itself."

<Pietro> Pietro chuckled and took the offered seat, "It's obviously not a class on time-keeping."

<Cessily> Cessily tried her best to suppress a laugh when she took a seat, then was once more thankful for the utility of her powers when she fished her phone out of her pocket while holding on to her own beverage. "I can text someone to fill in for you before any riots start in the classroom."

<Carol> "Oh it's been a half hour already, I'd be surprised if they were still actually in the classroom."

<Pietro> "If you have holes in classes that need filling, I can probably pick up a few classes... I have a lot of free time."

<Cessily> "Yes, because the real reason he wants to help us out is that he wants to get away from his family, you know?" Cessily remarked with a friendly little laugh.

<Carol> "There's a reason I can understand," Carol laughed, "I'll take a look and make some calls... you should probably drop by Erik's office too though otherwise he'll probably get cranky that I'm hiring staff without asking first..."

<Cessily> Cessily nodded and turned to Pietro. "Erik was kind enough to step up when we needed a new school headmaster after... you know." She briefly bit her lip, before smiling again. "Maybe we can schedule a lunch with him later. Then we can also see which holes there are that need filling."

<Cessily> "In the class schedule," the young teacher added to clarify, before hiding behind her mug.

<Pietro> "Well, I'll never turn lunch down," Pietro agreed, taking a sip of the coffee in his own mug.

<Carol> Carol laughed, raising an eyebrow at Cess as she took a drink of coffee, "Lunch is a good plan but I won't be there - I have some stuff to take care of."

<Cessily> "It's okay, we'd probably only bore you with our talk about the old times and cooing over baby pictures, anyway." Cessily grinned. "And no worries, if the kitchen has anything good on the menu today, I promise to bag the leftovers for you."

<Carol> Carol's nose wrinkled at the mention of kids. "That would be awesome, you know what I like." She gave Cess another smile, "Okay..." several drawers in her desk were opened and rooted around in until she found what she was looking for, "This is for you so no one shoots at you." She tossed the 'visitor' badge over to Pietro.

<Pietro> He caught it, "People shooting at me is not something I ever worry about but thanks," he attached it to his shirt.

<Cessily> "It would still make for a bad first impression if you got into a fight with SHIELD on the first day, though." Cessily chuckled, then gave Carol another smile. "Thanks for your time - and that you've forgotten your schedule so we actually found you here."

<Carol> "I got into a fight on my first day and I turned out fine... but I'm not supposed to encourage fighting so don't do that, for the love of God, don't." She pushed a hand through her hair, "Come back in like... two days, I'm not here tomorrow either but I should be here the day after unless something goes horribly wrong."

<Pietro> "No problem, I can hang around," Pietro smiled at her and Cessily both.

<Cessily> "Nothing we should be worried about, I hope," Cessily replied, a hint of worry in her expression and voice.

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "No, at least not from the summaries. It's just boring meeting-y stuff that I have to do every so often."

<Cessily> "Oh good, for a moment I thought you'd get yourself into reckless danger again," Cessily replied, sounding relieved while the smile returned to her features. "Well, you have fun with that then, and I'll keep an eye on Pietro here and make sure he behaves himself."

<Carol> "If you're talking about the space thing, that was one time, I'm totally on top of that now." Carol waved it off, "Awesome, behaving is good because it doesn't mean any paperwork."

<Pietro> "Yeah..." Pietro looked around the office, "Looks like paperwork isn't really your favourite thing..."

<Cessily> "Dammit, Peeto, what did I just say about behaving yourself?" Cessily muttered under her breath, hiding her grin behind the mug of hot chocolate.

<Carol> "Anyone who says they like paperwork is lying," Carol replied, "Speaking of, I think I'll use my time between meetings to get some of that stuff pushed through."

<Cessily> "And this is why I'm more than happy to leave the position of headmaster to Erik," Cessily remarked with a chuckle. "I dislike paperwork as much as everyone, which is why I prefer to hide it away. Keeps my office tidy, and I'm not constantly reminded of all the stuff I haven't taken care of yet."

<Carol> "I tried hiding it but then I ran out of room..." Carol eyed her overflowing filing cabinate with sadness. "Anyway... I have a file I need to find before lunch and you guys don't want to be in the way for that so go, have fun exploring and catching up."

<Cessily> Cessily leaned closer to Pietro. "She's serious about that, so we should get going now," she said, then rose to her feet. "Thanks again, Carol, and good luck with the file hunt."

<Pietro> Pietro nodded and got to his feet, "Okay well, I guess I'll see you Wednesday and hope for no drama." He went to open the door for Cessily.

<Carol> "Yeah we should all hope for that, we have enough problems." Carol gave him a wave, "I'll be here... but come after lunch, okay?"

<Cessily> "Have an exciting meeting, and we'll do that!" Cessily waved at Carol, then stepped past Pietro and out the door. "Maybe make a mental note to bring some donuts, too," she whispered to Pietro on their way out.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6