6/22 Instance: Boundaries

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

6/22 Instance: Boundaries

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a week after The Lemon Solution

<Shaw> Sebastian found himself up early. It wasn't doing him any good, but he'd been up early every day since learning the life he was living was not his own.

<Shaw> Calls to Jessica had become a regular part of his schedule, and though they were often awkward, sometimes they forced him to remember a random detail.

<Shaw> This morning, he had awoken with a desire to talk to her, but after checking the time decided to wait. Impatiently. After an hour with his punching bag, he checked the time and then spent another hour building his energy reserves and relieving his constant companion of late - tension. Finally, he could wait no longer.

<Jessica> Jess grumbled quietly as she rolled over and reached for her phone, helpfully delivered to her by Sharky. "Thanks..." she blinked blearily at the caller ID then rolled onto her back. She quickly decided that was not the best option and rolled back onto her side before answering the phone, "Hey..."

<Shaw> "Good morning," he said, noting she sounded bleary. "I didn't wake you did I?" Dropping into a chair, he stared out the window at the city skyline.

<Jessica> "Little bit..." She yawned and rubbed her eyes, "It's okay, I'll just nap later - it's easier in the day time... which is weird because that's when explosions happen...."

<Shaw> He pressed his lips together, restraining comment on the explosions. "I see..."

<Jessica> "So, what's up?" She pushed a hand through her hair then reached down to help Sharky onto the bed. "You're calling really early... or I slept in... what time is it?"

<Shaw> "It's... nearly seven." He slid down into the chair and sprawled. "I've been having difficulty sleeping, and...” It was still somewhat surprising what he was willing to share with her. “I wanted to hear your voice."

<Jessica> "Oh well then I can empathise because I can't sleep well either..." She scratched Sharky behind the ears and closed her eyes, "What's keeping you up?"

<Shaw> "Are you certain it's not the explosions keeping you up?" He chuckled slightly, glancing down at the traffic beginning to thicken.

<Jessica> "Noooo I wish it was the explosions, they'd be easier to stop.... and you didn't answer my question." She pouted even though he couldn't see her.

<Shaw> He found he could picture the pout, however, and smiled to himself, closing his eyes. "I haven't been able to schedule a meeting with Kent, and it's evident I won't be able to remember without intervention."

<Jessica> "Want me to ask Viper if she knows any telepaths that aren't ginger and cuckoo for Coco Puffs?" She yawned again and snuggled back under her blanket with Sharky. Waaaaaarm.

<Shaw> "Perhaps, as much as my instincts scream that she is not to be trusted. Waiting forever isn't an option, but I will give Fury a few days more." Now that his sweat had cooled, he itched for a shower - and coffee.

<Jessica> "I'll talk to her about it," she promised, suppressing another yawn. "You're staying safe, right?"

<Shaw> "Yes. And you? You're well? Aside from the sleeplessness, of course, although you sound as if it wouldn't be a problem for you at the moment."

<Jessica> "I'm warm and comfortable and the squirming has stopped so, yeah, it'll be easy right now..." She cuddled Sharky and shifted the position of the phone between her ear and the pillow.

<Shaw> "Perhaps I should let you go, then. You need your rest." He sighed, again trying to remember what he knew about pregnancy. Then, her words caught his attention. "Squirming? The baby is... active?"

<Jessica> "So active... and apparently nocturnal... the little asshole..." she rolled her face into the pillow. "I'm so tired..." and she still had to pee.

<Shaw> "And that's... normal?" He was fishing, remembering how she'd looked at the Hellfire Club and wondering how quickly things could have changed. And, how much of his questioning she would tolerate.

<Jessica> "Oh yeah, it's perfectly normal... but still annoying and soon it will be too big to somersault in there so easily which just means it'll kick me harder." She did remember to lift her face out of the pillow so he could actually hear that, well most of it.

<Shaw> It did take him a moment to decipher that. "It's amazing," he said quietly, chewing his lip.

<Jessica> "It doesn't feel amazing when you're trying to sleep, I promise..." Sharky yipped in agreement and licked at the phone.

<Shaw> The dog creature's bark made him snort. After another moment of thought, he resolved himself. "May I see you?"

<Jessica> "Um... okay? I mean, of course you can... but when? And where?" She gave Sharky a gentle push away from the phone before he ate it in his enthusiasm.

<Shaw> "Perhaps the school within the next few days? It's a relatively secure location, and it could summon some memories."

<Jessica> "Uh... I don't know.... I'll need Viper to get there and I already drew the line at letting her cross the boundaries... can we meet somewhere nearby, maybe, and walk up there?"

<Shaw> "I suppose keeping her away from there would make sense, yes," he said after a moment. "But, we needn't walk. I can drive."

<Jessica> "What's wrong with walking? It's good for you..." she yawned again.

<Shaw> Sebastian chuckled. "Very well, we can walk. Will you tell me when you can meet? Perhaps after you've had your nap?"

<Jessica> "I'll call you when I wake up?" she offered, "It shouldn't be too long..."

<Shaw> "Take as long as you need." He rested his head against the chair again and sighed, closing his own eyes.

<Jessica> "Okay... see you later...." she pushed her phone away and turned her face back into the pillow. Sleeeeeeeeep....