7/4 Instance: Plans

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

7/4 Instance: Plans

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Pretenses

<Monet> Monet lifted her head the tiniest of inches, just to be able to see the clock. Then, her eyes rolled, and she let her head fall back to the pillow. He'd been asleep for three and a quarter hours. She snuggled herself to him and slowly reached up to feel his face. Fever was down, but not gone entirely.

<Monet> The washrag was making his hair damp and it wasn't cool anymore, anyway, so she took it off and threw it to the floor, trying to move as little as possible, so as not to disturb him. But, mon Dieu, she was bored. Her fingers found his hair and she started smoothing the messed up bits from the wetness.

<Monet> Even though it was for horrible people, while his amnesia had lasted, it was fun to have his attention again. She wondered how Jessica was going to plot her demise now that she would know the truth. And if Sebastian would help her.

<Shaw> When he started to wake up, the first things he became aware of were a warm body next to his, and fingers in his hair. His head ached, so the contact was pleasant, and he wondered how much he'd had to drink.

<Monet> Monet's fingers slowed for a moment when she registered that his brain functionality was different. He was rousing. Then she went back to petting him. "Shh, amant," she whispered. "Rest."

<Shaw> Sebastian still wasn't aware enough to realize what was wrong with this picture, so he sighed. All he registered was a female voice and a soothing tone, so he turned toward it and slid his arm around his bedmate.

<Monet> Monet froze as Sebastian turned to cuddle her, her eyes shifting down to the arm around her torso. Hmm. How to deal with this. Enjoy it? Or wake him up? Since her arm was now trapped under him, she pressed her cheek to his to test his fever, then pulled away. Enjoy it, it was. He still needed to rest a bit. She knew he'd be angry, but she was doing it for a good reason. It was just a bonus that it was pleasant.

<Shaw> He very nearly fell back asleep, drifting in and out of a light doze until something started to nag at him.

<Monet> Monet frowned at the frown forming on his face and she kissed between his eyebrows, "Shh, mon amour, shh. It's alright."

<Shaw> Sebastian opened his eyes and met Monet's. He groaned.

<Monet> Monet arched an eyebrow at him, "How do you feel?"

<Shaw> "As if someone," he gave her a pointed look, "opened my skull like a jack o'lantern and scooped out the pithy interior."

<Monet> "Au contraire, amant. I may have done that, but I just gave you a candle to make sure you're enlightened." She kissed his forehead again to test his fever, "You should take something to get rid of the last few degrees. Do you have anything in your cabinet?"

<Shaw> "Yes, I should. If I don't I imagine Hope does considering how much that girl drinks." He winced, another memory sliding into place to make his liaison with Hope particularly horrific. "Christ," he said, moving away from her to sit up and rub his face.

<Monet> Monet sat up, too, ready to brace him if he should need it. "Bien." She waited a bit before moving off the bed and to the guest bath. Finding some Tylenol, she came back with the bottle and a glass of water. "Here, Sebastian. Take two and sip the water slowly."

<Shaw> He sat up straighter to accept the drugs and glass and then took in her clothing. Or, to be more specific, his clothing. "Are you quite comfortable?"

<Monet> "Oui." She looked down at her attire and smirked, "Did you expect me to wrinkle my dress when I had to spoon with you to help break your fever?"

<Shaw> Downing the pills, he glared up at her through messy hair.

<Monet> Monet leaned forward and brushed the hair from his face. "Now, Sebastian. Is that any way to look at someone who has been taking care of you?"

<Shaw> "Monet, while I do appreciate that you didn't lobotomize me, I'm also still not entirely sure I shouldn't throw you through the nearest wall." He cocked his head, smiling up at her with a completely insincere show of teeth.

<Monet> She smirked back at him and set the bottle of Tylenol on his bedside table. "You shouldn't for a few reasons, darling. But, the most important being that we could be being watched currently."

<Shaw> "Yes, I do recall." He took another sip of the water before setting it aside. Lightning fast, he grabbed her wrist and yanked her back onto the bed with him. "In that case, let's discuss our options."

<Monet> Monet let out a sharp yell at being pulled so quickly to the bed, tumbling on top of him. "Well, we could have done that in the positions we were in as well, but we can do it here, too, I imagine."

<Shaw> "Somehow, I'm certain you're not complaining." He smirked up at her and let her settle herself.

<Monet> Monet laughed softly at that, "Non. I have missed this, to be true, but it is not what I expect of a married man." She rolled off of him to his side, but kept an arm over him. "We need to take care of the pests, amant. Here, and abroad."

<Shaw> He sighed and looked at the ceiling. "And believe me, I wish you were Jess this very moment." The return of his memories of her was still raw, and he wanted to call her, to go to her. Instead, he pretended to stretch as he surveyed the room. "Clearly, I can't trust my own people. I could call Tony."

<Monet> "Oui. That would be a good idea. But we would need a reason for him to come here besides to check for them. Are you good enough friends to merely invite him over for a drink?" She nosed his chin up so she could press a soft kiss to his pulse point. "It will get easier. And we will make them pay."

<Shaw> "Of course." Her kiss made him shiver, and he wished he could push her away. "Tony was to be my best man, and since he missed the wedding he appointed himself. When he learned we were married he flew to Hawaii to congratulate us."

<Monet> "Bien. Shall we ask him to come today, then? Or would you rather rest today and have him call on us tomorrow?" She pushed up onto her elbow to look down at him, hand on his bare chest, "As far as the pests abroad, shall we work from the outside in, or the inside out? I think outside in could be more fun. Make him sweat a bit."

<Shaw> "I will call him today, yes." He sighed, closing his eyes. "Soon." Despite his protests, Monet was right that he felt terrible and probably needed a bit more time. "I need to clear my house in Boston. That's my home, and Jessica's home."

<Monet> Monet sighed, "Oui. I hadn't even thought about that. I just want to cut the head off of the snake." She reached up to feel his forehead, "The Tylenol is helping already. I'm going to wait until your fever is gone to take any more of them out of their lock boxes, so to speak."

<Shaw> "I don't even know what I'm missing." He rolled his head to the side to look at her and since her hair was mused he smoothed it back. It seemed enough of a display to satisfy any spies. "I just want to be certain that my family is safe."

<Monet> "Oui. Moi aussi." She smiled softly at him, "You are dear to me, Sebastian. So, even though Jessica is insufferable at times, her safety is important to me also. You do believe me, don't you?"

<Shaw> "If not your sincerity regarding Jessica herself, I know you wouldn't endanger my child." He gave her a sad smile, hoping she understood. "I can't bear losing another, ma chere ami.”

<Monet> Monet put her hand to his cheek gently, "Non. You will not. They will not touch her. I promise you."

<Shaw> "Merci," he said, covering her hand with his own. "Now, if we're beginning in Boston, perhaps we can make it appear as if Sarkissian took matters into her own hands to clear the house for her favorite pet Jessica." Sebastian made a sour face. "I trust that woman not at all, but for the time being I prefer to have her on our side."

<Monet> Her face hardened as she thought through what steps they would need to take. "Oui. Better the devil you don't know to help you get rid of the one you do," she smirked. "Do you think she's a good enough actress to pull it off? Or should we just let Jessica ask her to do it for her own well being?"

<Shaw> "I believe for my home I will have Tony's people check it first, but we can frame Sarkissian. I would prefer to be double-crossed only once if at all possible." He gave her a toothy grin.

<Monet> Monet rolled her eyes, but grinned, "I think I made a great double agent. I should go to work for the government."

<Shaw> "And what will we do to ensure your part in this isn't uncovered?"

<Monet> Monet shrugged, "We have to uncover it at some point. The Lord Imperial knows I'm good enough to wipe your mind the way he wanted. And I don't make mistakes. We just have to make sure that we continue the charade until absolutely necessary. And we have to ensure that Jessica keeps up the charade as well. Or all is lost."

<Shaw> "She will understand, though she won't like it." Sebastian sighed, picking at a loose thread on the sheet. "Neither do I, because I miss her."

<Monet> "I do believe that I'm the only one getting any kind of enjoyment out of this," she smirked at him. "I know you miss her, Sebastian. I can feel it when I'm around you. So the sooner we get moving, the faster you can go home to her and help her put more duckies up."

<Shaw> The memory made him smile. "I never expected to want to buy rubber ducks before," he observed. The momentary pleasure of remembering shopping for the baby with Jessica passed and he frowned. "As for this place," he started again, looking up at the ceiling, "I've always conducted regular sweeps for unwanted pests, so it would not be out of character to do so again."

<Monet> "Then we do it again. Only more thoroughly this time." She leaned over to kiss his forehead again. "Your fever is gone. How do you feel?"

<Shaw> "Better." He smirked at the kiss. "Like killing an old man who believes I'm his property."

<Monet> "Oui," she grinned. "I feel the very same. Go," she waved her hand towards the bathroom, "Clean up and we'll get started."