7/26 Instance: .hack

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

7/26 Instance: .hack

Post by Svartfreja »

Current Timeline.

<Broo> In the dead of night, the workshop and lab of Broo was humming with computers and other mechanical and electronic gizmos. The little insect mutant was going through all the printed out data along with a couple tablets and several monitors that flickered their dull light on him. He was starting to get concerned about the hole in reality he and Danger made in the basement of the school.

<Broo> After a long while, the boy decided to give his head a rest and peruse through internet cat memes as well as browse through the latest reports of mutant sightings. He had noticed that either people were starting to notice mutants more... or more mutants actually manifested lately.

<Viper> Viper was also burning the midnight oil but she was still working and, in her opinion, it was high time she checked in with a certain someone. After a couple of minutes, a little black text box appeared on all of Broo's computer screens along with the following message: 'Good Evening, Brooklyn.'

<Broo> Broo paused, and cocked his head. He stared at the message, then at the dozens of empty soda cans and twinkie wrappers. He reached for the keyboard and typed, "I only had one can of soda an hour, and only one twinkie since yesterday. I promise." He pressed enter, and then remembered his manners, adding, "Good evening, Mom. How is work coming along?"

<Viper> So much junk food! That was her only reservation about letting him remain with the X-Men. "I hope you're at least eating regular healthy meals too, or taking vitamins," there that was enough scolding. "Work is progressing nicely here, I think you would enjoy my current project. How are things doing there?"

<Broo> For a moment Broo hesitated to reply, both feeling guilty for not eating healthily enough, as well as having punched a hole in space and time and causing a torrent of unknown energy that could cause all kinds of havoc and chaos in the world. "Things are fine here." he typed. His eyes veered towards the reports he had. "I discovered a new energy. A new sort of radation."

<Viper> "You have? Very impressive. May I see?" She was certainly intrigued by this and his choice of word. 'Fine' was usually an evasive response.

<Broo> His hand hovered above his tablet, before deciding that it wouldn't hurt just to show a little bit of the information. He swiped a finger on the screen and the files jumped from tablet to the computer screen, uploading it across from his server to the connected one. "It seems to be connected to mutant powers." he typed. "There is a very low amount in our world, nearly untraceable." he added, wondering if he should add that it was a low amount until he and Danger opened the so called floodgates for the stuff.

<Viper> "Tapping into mutant bioenergy? That is very interesting. Was this an accidental discovery?" She started scrolling through the data.

<Broo> "Yes and no. I was looking for a reason why mutant abilities bent the laws of physics past the point of breaking without actually breaking physics." he put down. "And Lil'Danger and I picked up on an energy reading that did not fit with any other energy that we know of."

<Viper> "Did you track it to its source?" She used her considerable hacking abilities to find out about this 'Lil'Danger' person while she waited for the response.

<Broo> "We found a source. In the basement of the school. I believe there are similiar hotspots around the world. They seem to be thinner parts in our dimensional wall. Thin enough that this energy can seep through." the boy couldn't stop typing now that he was on a roll.

<Viper> "If you like, I can use my considerable resources to track down some more for you? It might help to see if there's a network or mathematical pattern to their spread." Hmm, an android. Interesting.

<Broo> "That would be fantastic. All my equipment here can't seem to scan past the one this close to me. But it might also be because the one I have here was opened." He pressed enter and cringed, knowing she'd most likely be asking about that next. He and his fast fingers and open mouth.

<Viper> Viper stared at that last sentence for a few moments, "You opened a hole in our dimensional wall? Before or after you ran a risk assessment?"

<Broo> "That reminds me, I need to run a risk assessment." he typed. "Not to worry, it only exploded a little bit. You could barely see the shaft of light six miles away. After that, it seemed to have collapsed in on itself and created a remarkably stable bridge into the unknown." he shouldn't be that proud.

<Viper> "I think I would like to see this thing up close but I made a promise to your sister that I would not set foot on the grounds of your school. This presents a problem."

<Broo> "And I'm not supposed to talk to you. However I do not think that rule includes typing. May I ask a question? A request of some sorts, Mother."

<Viper> "Of course, you know you can ask me for anything. If I can give it to you, I will."

<Broo> "Would you please ask your science team to monitor the amount of mutant appearances between now and a month ago? I have a feeling there might be a great influx of mutants after my little mishap."

<Viper> "We already monitor these things, one moment and I can send you our data stream." She pulled up the relevant files and sent them on over.

<Broo> "Thank you," he typed and went silent as he quickly scrolled through the numbers. "It seems I'm half correct. There is a large influx, but it is slowly settling down again." he cocked his head. "I hope they have someplace safe to go. The Danvers Institute only caters for college students, and most... if not all of these mutants are most likely in their early teens."

<Viper> "I can keep an eye on the developments there too and let you know if anything changes. I may also be able to contact a few organisations I have partnerships with to reach out to them. It is important to give these mutants the right start in life." She was already looking into that even as she hit send.

<Broo> Broo stared off into space as he thought. "I think I should speak with miss Danvers about including a high school curriculum for younger students. There is more than enough space on the institute's grounds. Yes, I shall do that in the morning. Unless if she's in space again. Mom, can I go out in space?" he asked.

<Viper> Viper frowned a little, considering all the variables, "Maybe when you're older."

<Broo> Broo frowned. "I'm almost twenty." he replied. Twenty in his accelerated Broo years. "It's getting closer to my birthday. I'll be molting soon, so I'll be bigger then as well." he typed it as if it was the most normal thing on the planet.

<Viper> "You will. I feel like I am missing a lot of your development. Would you send me some pictures and let me know if there are any changes? I worry about how you are coping."

<Broo> "The chaotic lifestyle was a little difficult to acclimate to at first, but now it sort of stimulates my creativity, much more than the structured lifestyle I was living before." and again he pressed enter before thinking what he really typed. "Not that I didn't appreciate all you have done for me, of course. I doubt I would have survived long without you." he quickly added.

<Viper> "You certainly wouldn't have survived at all without my intervention," Viper replied, "But I have never regretted my decision to act."

<Broo> A beeping alarm went off and his screens started flickering numbers. "I think I might have to cut this conversation short. The energy readings are fluctuating a little bit. Plus I think SHIELD will discover your secure channel in the next thirty eight seconds."

<Viper> "They won't," Viper was confident of this, "But I should let you go and investigate those readings. I will check back in from time to time."

<Broo> "It was lovely communicating with you again. I do hope you're not using any more of my inventions to kill or dismember people anymore."

<Viper> "My employees seem to spend a rather alarming amount of time doing that to themselves. They need no help from your inventions." A few commands saw her evade SHIELD's security sweep of their systems. "Currently my attentions are focused on more subtle arts and keeping your sister and her husband out of harm's way."

<Broo> "That reminds me, how is my nephew and or niece progressing?"

<Viper> "Very well. I will see to it that this continues until she carries the child to term."

<Broo> "Most excellent. I have been stockpiling quite a lot of playthings I made for him and or her. Is it a boy or a girl?"

<Viper> "I could tell you but then you would know before Jessica does and I hardly think that's fair."

<Broo> "Ah, fair enough. I should go, the blinking lights and alarms aren't dying down. I need to investigate. Goodbye Mother."

<Viper> "Good night, Brooklyn. Be careful."

<Broo> "You too, Mom."

<Broo> "Are you sure I can't go out in space?" he added one final time.

<Viper> She sighed, "I'll think about it."

<Broo> " :D "
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 7/26 Instance: .hack

Post by Starfish »

Awwww yay, creepycute bonding time with your megalomaniac mother! :content
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 7/26 Instance: .hack

Post by steyn »

Hoping to get the ball rolling on making a high school section for mutants at the Danvers Institute with this.