7/27 Instance: Projects

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

7/27 Instance: Projects

Post by Svartfreja »

After [Instance].hack.

<Carol> Carol sighed, shredding yet another piece of unneccessary paperwork. Her office was looking much tidier these days ever since her acquisition of a slave, she was going to reccommend that everyone get one. Desk largely cleared, she sat down finally and picked up her coffee and blueberry muffin. Mmmm lunch.

<Broo> Broo was stumbling his way down the corridor, mouth hanging half open as he followed the map he had made which pointed out all the safe routes to take without triggering the Danger Campus. He really should put his name on the safe list with the rest of the school's faculty. The stout little insect boy knocked on the door he was looking for.

<Carol> Carol groaned, putting down her coffee and her muffin. Every. Freaking. Time. She pushed a hand through her hair as her outfit shifted from casual to Air Force formal, "Come in..."

<Broo> Broo turned the door handle and entered, clearing his throat as he stood one step inside the office. "Miss Danvers, may I speak with you for a moment?" he asked. He shifted where he stood and pulled off the red backpack he was carrying, unzipping it and taking out some papers. "It's concerning the incident."

<Carol> "Found a way to fix it yet?" She gestured him in with one hand while picking up her coffee again with the other.

<Broo> Broo shuffled in, closing the door behind him and went straight for the chair opposite Danvers' desk. "Fix? Oh... was I supposed to fix it? I've been monitoring and probing it all this time." he added.

<Carol> ".... And what if it's dangerous? Or what if something on the other side is dangerous and gets out of it into the school?" Goddamned scientists.

<Broo> "...oh... right.... yeah, I'll see about putting a lid on that hole. but that's not why I'm here. The energy released from the hole... it is causing more mutations to activate in people. There's been a severe..." he started, pulling the long printout of numbers and graphs, putting it on the desk, "influx of mutants in the past month alone. And it looks like only more will appear due to the energy still trickling from the hole... ohh, that's another reason to close it... right, I really have to look into that now."

<Carol> Carol blinked at the papers on her desk and saved her muffin from under it before it disappeared, "Right... that's great... but what am I supposed to do with this?"

<Broo> "Well seeing the average person becomes a mutant during puberty, and looking at the numbers and the sheer amount of them appearing now, would it be possible ti institute a high school curriculum here at the Danvers Institute, so that the kids who will most probably be needing shelter, could live here?" he asked.

<Carol> "... With what staff would we be teaching those kids?" Carol set her muffin and coffee back down on top of the printouts, "I don't know whether you noticed while you're hiding down there in your lab but we kind of lost three since summer and only gained one part timer to replace them. I'm looking at getting SHIELD personnel in to make up the numbers but you people are a little resistant to that."

<Broo> Broo tilted his head in thought. "Well it's just high school education, that's easy enough for me to teach as well." the boy said. "However I can always make teachers, using robotics and the hardlight projectors. Otherwise, I think I can also find actual teachers. Maybe even mutant teachers." he suggested. "If I did that, would you consider my request?"

<Carol> "Maybe... but you have to fix this mustery plughole and the Danger Room first.... and I also have to sell it to Fury. There's enough paperwork involved with you college aged kids around but it'll be a lot more for younger kids."

<Broo> "Maybe... I can work with a maybe." he said, his insect boy face grinned, his sharp fang-like teeth glistening with drool. "Don't worry, I'll try and make this as easy as possible for you. And I'll cover the hole as quickly as possible."

<Carol> "Okay... but let's focus on fixing the things we need to fix first before we make whole new problems, okay? There's a lot of stuff going on right now with the Sentinels and the school's lost property... I would like to get at least one headache inducing issue off of the table before I put a new one on it."

<Broo> "Oh right, I forgot to mention this. Thanks to the hole's energy readings, I figured out how to bypass the sentinel's power dampeners. The way they work is completely by accident really. Mr Osborn clearly doesn't even know exactly how they work. Give me a week or two, and I can make up a prototype dampener nullifier for our suits."

<Carol> "Take that information to Mr Maximoff, he's working on the Sentinels with his robotics class - I'm sure that'll be a big help. Now he'll only need to work on the chemical dampening agent."

<Broo> "Ah, yes, the chemical version. That's actually completely different. It's really interesting, the chemical version doesn't actually dampen the mutant power like the technology version, it actually affects the cells and... I should probably leave the lessons for when I'm a teacher, shouldn't I?"

<Carol> Carol nodded, "Save it for someone who cares," she gave him a small smile all the same, "I have way too much to do without filling my brain with useless biology lessons."

<Broo> "...like going into space?" he asked, taking a chance with changing the subject.

<Carol> "... Yes, like going into space. How did you find out about that?" She picked up her coffee and took a sip.

<Broo> "Radar. And school gossip." he answered. "Will there be space faring lessons held later on?" he asked.

<Carol> "And why would we need to teach you all how to survive in space? Far as I'm aware, there's a limited number of people that can break orbit."

<Broo> "But... what if we get attacked from outer space? We really should look into making spaceships." he replied.

<Carol> "Honey, that is not in our budget, not by a long way... but if we do get attacked from outer space, they'll be sorry."

<Broo> Broo's whole body sagged, "Oh. Not even a tiny space ship?" he asked.

<Carol> "Not likely... but I think it would be nice for people to see the view from the moon... some prespective. I'll see what I can dig up that'll survive the vacuum and reentry, I can carry a ship up there, probably...." she frowned, "Again, only if if this won't cause more trouble than it's worth, will I consider it. Okay? So don't go blabbing around the place..."

<Broo> "Yes Ma'am!" he said excitedly, sitting upright and eager. "And again, I promise I'll fix the hole, and help Mr Pietro... I mean Mr Maximoff with the dampeners, and fix the Danger Room and Danger Campus' bugs, and I'll see about finding the school's lost property... that will be Ms Danger's missing body, correct?"

<Carol> "We don't need help finding it, we know where it is," Carol informed him, "That's for us to worry about, okay? Just focus on the other things for now."

<Broo> "Yes Ma'am! I'll do that right away, Ma'am." he was becoming more and more excited. The boy got up, pulling the papers off the desk and stuffing them back into his backpack. "You can count on me, Miss Danvers!"

<Carol> Aaaand there went her coffee and her muffin, "Awesome..."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6