8/17 Instance: Reparations

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

8/17 Instance: Reparations

Post by Svartfreja »

Right after [Instance]Sweetening the Deal.

<Jessica> Jess wasn't sure how long she sat under the shower in her clothes. It didn't feel that long but maybe it was because Sharky had started licking her face. She pushed him back, brushing her wer hair out of her eyes and starting to peel off her clothes.

<Shaw> This lackey looked remarkably like the one who'd parked his car, but lacked the bandages. As Sebastian followed the man throughout the twists and turns of Sarkissian's lair, after a brief stop at his request, he wondered if the woman cloned her help. It would explain a lot.

<Jessica> She toed her sodden clothes into the corner of the shower cubicle before sitting back down again and bowing her forehead onto her knees.

<Shaw> He didn't recognize the area until the man stopped at the ruined door. With a sigh, Sebastian shifted the items in his arms and dismissed the lackey. He toed open the door and looked around the corner.

<Jessica> She heard the door but pretended she didn't, curling up tighter, though Sharky skittered and slid across the bathroom floor to peer around the doorframe into the living area. He didn't venture any further into the room, however.

<Shaw> The shower was running and he went inside, closing the door and finding a chair to push against it to keep it closed. Turning back to the bathroom, he spotted Jessica's pet and crouched, clucking his tongue at the creature.

<Jessica> Sharky glanced back towards his mistress before cautiously taking a couple of steps towards Sebastian.

<Shaw> He'd tucked two small bowls in the crook of his arm and now set them on the seat of the chair. Picking up one, he inched forward and placed the bowl of meat on the floor, then backed up.

<Jessica> The silver corgi sniffed at the bowl from where he stood for a moment or two then slowly inched forward to eat the food. Food was food and always good.

<Shaw> "I'm sorry, little friend," he said, edging closer and folding his legs beneath him to tentatively pet Sharky.

<Jessica> After a brief pause, Sharky licked the hand, all was forgiven.

<Shaw> Sebastian snorted lightly and shifted closer, scratching the silver creature behind his dog ears and talking to him softly. This was the easy part, after all.

<Jessica> Jess sighed at the treachery she could overhear and carefully got to her feet, reaching for the shampoo. Washing her hair would help her relax and ensure the pheromones were gone.

<Shaw> The heavy sigh and movement made him look toward the bathroom door again. He closed his eyes. Would you prefer I stay out here?

<Jessica> Are you going to start yelling at me again? Methodically, she shampooed and conditioned her hair, focusing on the feel of the water.

<Shaw> No. He wouldn't say he'd been yelling before, but he decided that wasn't the point.

<Jessica> Then I suppose you can come in. She ran her fingers through her hair to make sure all the soap was out then shut off the water.

<Shaw> Giving Sharky a final pat, he stood and went into the steamy bathroom. He located her towel and moved to the shower door. Unable to help himself, when he saw her he let his eyes sweep over her.

<Jessica> Jess took the towel and wrapped it around herself before she stepped out of the shower and reached for another towel for her hair. "Pheromones worked their way out of your system then..."

<Shaw> "Yes." Sebastian reached past her and picked up the towel, working on drying her hair himself. "Well, yes and no." He sighed. "Sarkissian found me."

<Jessica> "I'm sure that was a lot of fun for you both. Did she take advantage of your misfortune?"

<Shaw> "Well," he said, drawing out the word as he dried strands of her long hair. "She chased me down a stairwell, drew a gun on me, and I tackled her down."

<Jessica> Jess raised an eyebrow looking at him over her shoulder, "She drew a gun on you? Really?"

<Shaw> "Oh, indeed." He smirked.

<Jessica> "Well I see you're fine and no alarms went off anywhere... so what happened?"

<Shaw> "It was a gas gun, although to my dying day I will swear she intended for me to react as I did."

<Jessica> "So she was helping you?" Jess' tone clearly said 'I told you so'.

<Shaw> He relented with a slight sigh. "Yes."

<Jessica> "Well, I won't deny I feel more than a little vindicated right now."

<Shaw> Smirking, he dropped the towel onto her head and ruffled her hair.

<Jessica> "Hey!" She put her hands on his to stop him, "Don't push your luck... I'm still mad at you."

<Shaw> "I know." He flipped the towel back so he could see her face, then wrapped it around the ends. After checking over the bureau, he located her comb and took her by the hand. "Come... I wish to make it up to you, koibito." He leaned in and caught her scent, eyes fluttering closed for just a moment. "I want to take care of you..."

<Jessica> She sighed, going with him and absently rubbing at her hair with the other hand. "So... are you going to apologise?"

<Shaw> "All of this," he started, leading her into the bedroom, "is my most sincere apology." Sebastian sat on the edge of the bed and, with his hands on Jessica's hips, lowered her to his lap.

<Jessica> She frowned a little but sat down, dropping her hands to her lap.

<Shaw> He began to carefully pick through the knots in her long, dark hair. "She did help me, yes, and then she brought me to her office."

<Jessica> "Were you surprised it wasn't full of pickled victims? Nice and normal, isn't it?" She was trying but it was hard not to still be angry.

<Shaw> "It was full of scotch and chocolate." He leaned in, breathed deep of her scent, and smiled, contented. "I did bring you back some - the chocolate, that is."

<Jessica> "Full of books too but I suppose you would fixate on the booze..." she managed a small amused smirk.

<Shaw> "I saw the books, but I was more interested in locating a chair at that particular moment, yes." He smoothed her damp hair back from her face to cup her cheeks.

<Jessica> "And so? What's your verdict?"

<Shaw> "She and I... spoke." That seemed the best way to begin.

<Jessica> "About what?" She wondered if Sebastian was deliberatley avoiding getting to a point to piss her off again.

<Shaw> "Well, the one thing she and I have most in common, of course - you." He went back to combing out her hair, enjoying the feel of the strands and wondering if they had a daughter if it would be like this. When he remembered, he patted the pocket of his trousers. The envelope was still there. A little damp, perhaps, but unharmed.

<Jessica> "And what did you do? Threaten to cut off her head to see if she grows two back if she hurts me?"

<Shaw> "I asked about her interest in you, she admitted mistakes had been made, we discussed your trust fund even."

<Jessica> "Do I get a say in anything that was discussed or are you both going to dictate my life to me now?"

<Shaw> He stopped stroking through her hair and turned her so she could see his face, meet his eyes. "Jessie, I confessed to her that I was terrified of losing you, and she's seen the results of that... of when I went to the edge of insanity to find you. So she knows that I worry, that I hate the level of influence she has over you, but that I want you to be happy."

<Jessica> "And where does that leave us now? Are we staying here or going somewhere else?"

<Shaw> "We will stay, of course. That is what you wish to do, yes?"

<Jessica> She nodded, "I like it here... it's stable.... I like stable and I need stable...."

<Shaw> "You do need stability, and that's something I can't offer you right now, as much as it pains me to admit it."

<Jessica> "So you're going to stop trying to torpedo the plan to stay here where it's safe by pissing off the woman in charge?"

<Shaw> "We came to an... understanding, I suppose." He tried to give Jess a reassuring smile.

<Jessica> "What did you have to promise each other for that to work?"

<Shaw> "She's going to show me some of her work here... and I'm going to keep my mouth shut."

<Jessica> "Good. Now we won't have any more problems... right?"

<Shaw> "I promise to behave, koibito." He leaned in and brushed their noses together, then rested his forehead against hers. Using the link he'd slammed closed during her pheromone blast, he showed her his regret.

<Jessica> "I'll hold you to that..." she closed her eyes, sure he could promise but he still hadn't actually said 'sorry'.

<Shaw> Impatient. The corner of his mouth twitched upward and he gave her a soft kiss, his free hand coming to rest on her belly. "I'm sorry I argued with you, love. I shouldn't have gotten angry."

<Jessica> She nuzzled his cheek gently, "No, you shouldn't... but I can forgive you."

<Shaw> "This place... this situation... the helplessness..." He sighed and pulled her closer, fingers tracing patterns over her bare skin. The baby shifted, poking against his palm, and he smiled. It frightens me, Jessie, and that quickly becomes anger. I'll try.

<Jessica> You have nothing to be afraid of, Sebastian... I know it's hard to believe because of our collective history with her but she's been good to me despite everything. She slid her arms around him and cuddled close.

<Shaw> I don't like sharing you with her, and I'm wary of her efforts to lure you from me. He nuzzled her, feeling the baby move in a series of pokes and rolls.

<Jessica> She's not luring me anywhere and you're not sharing me. You're my husband, Sebastian. No one can take your place or share that role in my life. Viper's not going to get me to go anywhere I don't want to go already. Just trust me, okay?

<Shaw> He closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment, smiling slightly. I do.

<Jessica> Are you sure? Because, if you do, this is no longer a problem and we can let it go...

<Shaw> Of course I trust you, he responded, tensing and meeting her gaze again. I'll never particularly trust Sarkissian, but I trust you and I will try to temper my reactions to her. With a sigh, he shifted uncomfortably.

<Jessica> Then trust me to walk away if I see anything we need to worry about. You know I came here armed, right? She cuddled close to him, resting her head on his shoulder.

<Shaw> With the defenses nature gave you, of course. The baby squirmed again and he remembered the paper in his pocket. I just want to keep my family safe, love.

<Jessica> Nooooo not just that. I also brought something sharp and pointy... and Sharky. I've been training him. She looked down at the silver dog that had settled down at her feet.

<Shaw> Your sword? Not that he'd had time to inspect their belongings, but he supposed he shouldn't be surprised. Sharky was hardly helpful earlier, however. I am sorry about that, but I know you heard my apology to him. This time, his mental voice was tinged with amusement at making up to the silver creature.

<Jessica> Yes, I brought the katana with me.... and Sharky didn't know you were supposed to be viewed as a threat. I'm pretty sure he will now so watch yourself if you feel the need to yell at me again. You surprised him, is all...

<Shaw> I saw movement and it was reflex... He looked down at her pet. Do you consider me a threat? He smiled down at the pet without baring his teeth.

<Jessica> Sharky looked up at Sebastian and cocked his head. Of course I don't consider you a threat.... one good pheromone bomb and you're useless. She gave him a grin.

<Shaw> He snorted and gave her a smack on the hip. "That's true enough." Stepping back, he crouched again and wriggled his fingers at Sharky. "You trust me - I bring you treats."

<Jessica> Sharky licked the wriggly fingers just in case they still had food on them. "Do you want to know where it lives just in case?"

<Shaw> Sebastian looked up at her questioningly as he scratched Sharky.

<Jessica> She got up off his lap and went to her side of the bed, reaching underneath it and up onto the ledge in the frame beneath the matress, retreiving the katana and showing him it was still there. "It's nice that even my weapons get returned to me."

<Shaw> "I'm glad you have it, love." He rose and dusted off his trousers, patting the pocket again. "I brought you something as well," he added, moving back to the door. "Sarkissian said she will send someone by to fix this," he said, gesturing to the ruined handle as he picked up the bowl of chocolates.

<Jessica> "Well good... because I'm not sure I can sleep with the door open like that..." chocolate was always welcome though, "I'll put the kettle on...."

<Shaw> "She didn't mention when, however. I'm certainly not adverse to the view, but I'm uncertain if I would like to share it with her maintenance personnel."

<Jessica> Jess looked down at herself and the towel which didn't offer much cover, "Yeah.... I should probably put a robe on, or something..."

<Shaw> "I can make your tea," he offered, placing the chocolates on the coffee table.

<Jessica> "Okay..." she pushed a hand through her hair, going first to the climate controls to turn the air circulation down - it was getting a bit chilly now and the pheromones were obviously gone.

<Shaw> Sebastian busied himself with the tea, looking around briefly for any coffee. He gave up quickly enough and made tea for himself as well. It wouldn't kill him, after all.

<Jessica> Jess found some jeans and a sweater that still fit and pulled them on - they did still have to go have dinner, after all. She tied her hair up into a ponytail and sat down on the small sofa.

<Shaw> He took the two cups across their small quarters and handed Jess her cup, then pulled the rumpled envelope from his pocket before he sat down close beside her.

<Jessica> She wrapped her hands around the mug to warm them and inhaled the friendly scent of tea, eyeing the envelope warily.

<Shaw> After an experimental sniff, he took a sip of his own tea, nearly burning his tongue. Ah, well, that made it more like coffee.

<Jessica> "So... should I call down and tell them it's safe to send a repair man?" Jess spoke to break the silence which was still somewhat tense.

<Shaw> "If you would like." He gave her a curious look, and since the envelope was still in his hand he leaned forward and balanced it on the folded end on the coffee table.

<Jessica> "Okay... I'll do that when I've finished my tea..."

<Shaw> The silence stretched on again and he watched her from the corner of his eye.

<Jessica> Jess took a sip of her tea, eyes on the envelope again. She stared at it for some time before she put her tea down and got up again with the excuse of putting the katana away.

<Shaw> His eyes followed her movement and then he sighed, sliding down into the small sofa until his knees bumped the coffee table. The envelope teetered and then fell over.

<Jessica> Not sure what to do with herself now, she hovered uncertainly beside the bed, the sound of the envelope falling making her look over at it again.

<Shaw> Sensing her unease, he closed his eyes and rested his head against the back of the sofa. "Is there a particular reason you don't want to know?"

<Jessica> She sighed, moving up behind him and sliding the ends of her fingers in to his hair to gently comb it. "Not one I can put my finger on... just not ready..."

<Shaw> "Alright, love." The corners of his mouth curled up slightly at her petting and his eyes stayed closed. "Whenever you're ready. I can wait."

<Jessica> "You sure?" She bent to press a kiss to his forehead.

<Shaw> "Yes." He wouldn't say he wasn't disappointed, but she likely knew that. And, he'd run his mouth enough for the day, he supposed. He looked up at her and caught her hand at his hair. With a grin, he kissed it.

<Jessica> She gave him a smile in return, wrapping her free arm around his shoulders and resting her hand on his chest. "Thank you..."

<Shaw> Turning his head, he nuzzled her. "Anything for you, love."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6