8/18 Instance: White Lies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

8/18 Instance: White Lies

Post by Svartfreja »

Day after [Instance]Daddy Issues.

<Hope> Hope poked the bland chicken in front of her. How could they call this food? Who did she have to bribe to get real food? Hope sighed and leaned back in her hospital bed, looking out at what she could still see in the increasing darkness outside.

<Jessica> Jess had rushed her own dinner before returning to the hospital alone (she'd pretended she was going to the lab to pop in on Julia). Checking the coast was clear in the hallway, she slipped along it and knocked on Hope's door to announce herself.

<Hope> "Uh... come in?" She had quickly gotten used to people just barging in on her. Hope quickly sat back up and pretended to poke at her food.

<Jessica> Jess stepped inside and closed the door behind her, "Hey... um, I thought you might like some company?"

<Hope> "Oh hey, sure, come on in. You didn't happen to bring a cheeseburger with you, did you?"

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, chewing the corner of her lip, "No... should I have?"

<Hope> Hope sighed and leaned back on the bed again. "Nah it's fine. Probably not allowed it anyway."

<Jessica> "The food really bad? I can go back and get you something, if you want? It won't take that long..." she moved closer to her friend and offered her a small smile.

<Hope> "Nah, I'll make Bobby go when he gets back. Give him something to do other than whine."

<Jessica> "He's whining? What's he got to whine about?" she pulled up a chair, hastily covering up the wince as a tiny foot connected with an internal organ.

<Hope> "I tuned him out," Hope laughed and ran her fingers through her hair. "I look dreadful don't I?"

<Jessica> "I've looked worse," Jess offered by way of consolation.

<Hope> That made Hope laugh. "Well, thanks." She gave her a smile before glancing out at the dark again. "Still haven't heard from Chris."

<Jessica> "Do you want me to see if I can get some help to find him?" She rested one hand on her stomach and reached to take Hope's with the other.

<Hope> "What kind of help?" Hope glanced over at her. If her own resources hadn't found him, what did Jess have that she didn't?

<Jessica> "People that know how to find things that don't want to be found..." she really really didn't want to give specifics.

<Hope> "I already told Shaw...."

<Jessica> "I know... but he's also hiding at the moment so...."

<Hope> Hope studied her for a moment. What resources did she have? And why was she being so vauge about it?

<Jessica> "What? I know people!" she protested the look of incredulity.

<Hope> "Exactly... who do you know, Jess?"

<Jessica> "Plenty of people.... I got around for a few years, you know...."

<Hope> Hope stared at her a bit longer, before finally speaking again. "Ew."

<Jessica> "I tried to spare you... you just had to be nosy." She gave an exaggerated roll of her eyes.

<Hope> "Yeah because it's weird. How would Shaw feel about you calling up old lovers? Ew ew ew! I just used the word lovers... twice! EW!"

<Jessica> Jess laughed, the reaction was worth it even if it was a lie, "Eh, he doesn't have to know."

<Hope> More secrets in their marriage... like she was one to talk. She was one of them. "Well... I guess if we get Chris back..." That was the important thing. They had to get him back.

<Jessica> "Then we should use every resource at our disposal, right? So we can find him as soon as possible." She gave Hope's hand a small squeeze.

<Hope> "Yeah. I just wish he had known. Now it's going to be hey you're back! I was pregnant, but now I'm not. Surprise!" She squeezed Jess' hand and stared out the window for a moment, recomposing herself.

<Jessica> "Maybe word it differently..." she suggested gently, focusing her gaze on their hands rather than Hope's face to give her some semblance of privacy.

<Hope> "It's not going to really matter how I say it," she admitted.

<Jessica> "I know... but I hear people appreciate tact... mind you, if he wanted you to be tactful he should probably not have buggered off to wherever the hell he is with no warning."

<Hope> "Or been with me to begin with," Hope pointed out with a grin.

<Jessica> Jess giggled, "That too. Tact is overrated."

<Hope> "It really is. People are so sensitive these days." Hope shook her head.

<Jessica> "I know, right! Although, I'm sensitive these days too..."

<Hope> "I blame your hormones. They are a bitch..."

<Jessica> "They are," she pulled a face, "They're also making my pheromone power a little unpredictable - don't worry I took precautions."

<Hope> "Well that's super," Hope eyed her warily.

<Jessica> "I'm not going to pheromone bomb you, I promise.... I have a thing that cancels it out until I actively use it. So, you're safe."

<Hope> "I feel safer already," Hope teased her and eyed the chicken. "Hungry?" She offered up her dinner with a big grin.

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, eyeing the chicken herself, somewhat warily, "I just ate before I got here... and that stuff is grey so it's not very appetising. Are you sure you don't want me to go and get you something? It's really no problem..."

<Hope> "It's alright, really. I'll go eat a bunch of sushi or something when I get out of here."

<Jessica> "I miss sushi...." Jess pouted, "Japanese food is my favourite... why would you remind me how much I miss it? That's just cruel...."

<Hope> "You've met me right?" Hope gave her a playful, soft shove.

<Jessica> Jess gave her a small shove back too, "You're lucky I like you."

<Hope> Hope laughed and sighed. "Yeah, guess so. Kinda like you too."

<Jessica> She smiled again, "Well... we've established that getting you food isn't an option... anything else I can get you? Something to do?"

<Hope> "Actually, if you could get my laptop, I could get a lot of work done. I hadn't really thought about it with... everything. But it'd make a good distraction until I can go home."

<Jessica> "I'm sure I can handle that, I'll bring it by in the morning... that soon enough or shall I go and get it now?"

<Hope> "Morning is just fine. I should probably get some sleep soon. The doctors like to wake up people early in the morning around here."

<Jessica> "Yeah, it's for this thing called breakfast... you know, that thing where people eat before noon?"

<Hope> "It's way before breakfast. 5am is not an acceptable time to be awake, unless up from the night before."

<Jessica> "Ewww that is early... get your bodyguards to tell them to piss off, that's their job, right?"

<Hope> "That's why they send Dr. Guthrie. Like Bobby is going to tell her to piss off. Ha!"

<Jessica> "That's cheating!" Jess frowned, "I'll talk to them."

<Hope> Hope laughed again and shok her head. "It's just one or two more days... I can survive. It's alright. She at least always has candy."

<Jessica> "That is a plus," she agreed with a nod, "I do like sweeties... maybe I should visit at 5am."

<Hope> "Sure! Come on back. Just don't cuss in front of her without a pocketfull of quarters."

<Jessica> "I never carry money... she can hit up Sebastian for them."

<Hope> "Score! I'll make sure he makes a large contribution."

<Jessica> "Just don't tell him it was my idea," Jess attempted to look threatening.

<Hope> "Course not... what's that look about? Gas?"

<Jessica> "...." Jess didn't know what to say to that.

<Hope> "Well it's nothing to be ashamed about. The baby will do that." But hers wouldn't again. She pushed the feeling down before it could force out some tears.

<Jessica> "I don't have gas!" She protested, only successding in sounding a tiny bit less offended than she actually was.

<Hope> "Ok ok jeeze! I was just saying..."

<Jessica> "Well don't just say! That is so not cool...."

<Hope> "Well sorry." Damn those hormones!

<Jessica> Jess slouched in her seat, frowning at herself.

<Hope> Hope offered up her creepy red jello to Jess as a peace offering.

<Jessica> Jess eyed the jello for a few moments then took it - if it was poisoned, she'd at least be immune.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6