9/19 Instance: Uninvited Guest

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

9/19 Instance: Uninvited Guest

Post by Svartfreja »

Current.

<Yukio> "I would suppose a request for refreshment - preferably unpoisoned - would be impudent, yes?" The tiny Japanese woman smiled sweetly at the green-haired terrorist on the other side of the desk.

<Viper> "I have yet to poison a guest... but, given the damage you have done to my facility and its staff I think I would be forgiven in this instance." She paused to smirk, "However, I would like to keep Jessica on my side so I will oblige." She got up to go to the drinks cabinet.

<Yukio> Yukio watched the other woman with interest, then took the opportunity to look around the room, noting the security features and tallying methods to disable them. "You want Mrs. Shaw on your side, but not Mr. Shaw?"

<Viper> "Where one goes the other follows," Viper replied, "And, unlike most people, I do not fear Mr Shaw so there is little to gain or lose from his approval."

<Yukio> "I do not fear him," she said, distracted, and retrieved one of the knives Viper's guards hadn't located on her person. She smiled and flipped it to her dominant hand, then jumped up to cross her legs beneath her in the seat. At the same time, she snatched a small item off the woman's desk.

<Viper> "Of course you don't but most people expect that to be the response - especially him." She glanced over her shoulder, "You are in enough trouble, Miss Shingen, I would suggest you do not compound the problem by stealing from me right under my nose."

<Yukio> Yukio just smiled and tossed the small bit of circuitry and plastic from hand to hand with her knife. "Is it anything valuable?"

<Viper> "Not at the moment - it is broken. But that is not the point." She poured a drink for them both and returned to her desk, setting the glass down in Yukio's reach much like she had done with Sebastian.

<Yukio> She looked at the drink, dropped her toy into her lap and reached for it, giving a careful sniff before she took a deep drink. "Thank you." Toying with her knife again, she tapped it against the glass, pleased at the ring of crystal and rapping out a short tune. "Points are overrated, unless they are my own."

<Viper> Viper raised an eyebrow at the woman but didn't offer another response, merely glancing at her computer to check the security feeds.

<Yukio> This response simply made her finish another short, ringing composition as she watched.

<Shaw> Across the complex, Sebastian closed the door on one of Sarkissian's minions and turned back to his wife. "Well, it appears we've been summoned."

<Jessica> "Good. Now we can find out what the hell is going on." Jess picked up Sharky and went to the door, she was ready to go right then.

<Shaw> "I assure you I haven't been up to anything you're unaware of," he said with a smirk. Sebastian patted Sharky and smiled slightly at Jess. He opened the door again, unsurprised that the minion had not shooed as he'd instructed.

<Shaw> Heaving a sigh, he offered Jessica his arm and followed the younger man.

<Jessica> Jess took his arm and kept pace beside Sebastian while Sharky shifted into the form of a monkey to climb up and perch on her shoulder.

<Shaw> It seemed whatever the disturbance that had kept them locked in their room for an hour while they listened to faint explosions, weapons fire and much confusion was now over, but security lights still flashed in every hallway. Over the last few weeks, Sarkissian's staff had come to either ignore him or attempt conversation, but today they were looking at him warily again.

<Jessica> Jess peered curiously at every bit of damage that they passed in the halls as they made for Viper's office wondering just what could have happened. Had SHIELD attacked?

<Shaw> Sebastian placed his hand over hers on his arm and squeezed, giving her a questioning look when he had her attention. Has this happened before?

<Jessica> Not while I've been here... unless you count that time when we were breaking out the other students.... She chewed her lip, I've heard of it happening at other bases though...

<Shaw> He stifled a smile. Such as when I did it, I suppose.

<Jessica> Yeah... usually it's SHIELD but sometimes there are other organisations that are pissed about them moving in... doesn't last long though.... She may have spent rather a lot of time eavesdropping.

<Shaw> He nodded and clucked at Sharky when he jumped from Jessica's shoulder to his own. I suppose we'll soon know.

<Yukio> Yukio rather wished her employer would hurry up. She had finished her drink and, while a staring contest with the leader of Hydra was entertaining for a time, she was beyond bored now.

<Viper> Viper had plenty to keep her busy while she waited and she happily picked up the broken pieces of tech on her desk then ignored Yukio while watching the security feeds out of the corner of her eye.

<Jessica> I hope it's nothing too bad... kind of feel like a traitor every time SHIELD attack a base and are beaten back....

<Shaw> The corner of his mouth pulled in as he decided how he felt about this. So long as it isn't the school doing something foolish...

<Jessica> So far, it doesn't seem to be... She glanced at him as they reached the door hoping that the record still held.

<Shaw> Unless that's why we're being summoned, he added, his mental voice somewhat amused along with the concern. As the minion opened the door, however, he sucked in a surprised breath.

<Yukio> Yukio twisted out of her chair to see the newcomers, then bowed gracefully and greeted her employer in formal Japanese.

<Viper> It was about damn time. Viper glanced up and inclined her head politely to Sebastian then got up to get a chair for Jessica. "I thought you would be interested to see who our guest was before I sent her on her way."

<Yukio> Turning her attention to Mrs. Shaw, she bowed to her as well.

<Shaw> Still in shock, Sebastian ran a hand through his hair, dislodging Sharky. "All this was... you?"

<Jessica> Jess bowed in return automatically before taking the seat offered her by Viper with a small smile of thanks, glancing down when Sharky hopped up onto her knee.

<Viper> "She has destroyed a large amount of my property," Viper supplied, returning to her own seat.

<Yukio> Waiting for her employer to sit, Yukio tucked her knife - and Viper's bit of tech - away in a pocket, then sat herself. "It was... diverting," she said with a smile to the terrorist.

<Viper> "Indeed." Viper's tone and expression said that she was not impressed.

<Shaw> "Why..." he began, licking his lips and glancing at Jessica.

<Yukio> “chi chuu no tame ketsueki.” She said, cutting off Shaw's words with a nod. "It is done."

<Jessica> Jess looked at Sebastian, then at Viper.

<Viper> "Good news, yes?" Viper gave Jessica a curious look.

<Shaw> Sebastian closed his eyes and blew out a long breath. It's over then, love. He reached over to take Jessica's hand. "Yes," he answered for her. "Very good."

<Jessica> Jess managed something that was approximately a smile though she wasn't really sure how she felt about the news. "It's really over? We can go home?"

<Yukio> At Shaw's questioning look, Yukio gave a tiny nod. They would need to discuss things later, of course, but the fun of getting in here was worth seeing his expression.

<Shaw> "I'll have to make some calls." He studied his assassin's impassive face. "But, yes, very soon at any rate."

<Jessica> Jess nodded, looking down at Sharky so she didn't have to look at anyone else.

<Viper> Viper cocked her head on one side, confused by Jessica's reactions, "Of course, you can stay here as long as you like until you are sure you're safe."

<Yukio> She laughed. "Because this place is so far beyond reach of his enemies?"

<Jessica> "We've been perfectly safe here, thank you very much." Jess was a little defensive of Viper - she had, after all, taken very good care of her.

<Viper> Viper was surprised by the defence but inclined her head to Jessica in something akin to thanks.

<Shaw> Sebastian was a little surprised himself by the exchange, and by Jessica's hesitance through their link. "At any rate, if your mission is complete as you say, Miss Shingen, the point is entirely moot."

<Viper> "If your implication is that I am an enemy of Sebastian's, you can ask him yourself. I haven't even tried to poison him for fun."

<Shaw> He gave Sarkissian a sour look.

<Yukio> "My implication is merely that on a whim I breached your defenses, compromised several of your supposedly secure zones, and managed to steal diagrams of a most-impressive, highly illegal and infinitely profitable project."

<Viper> "And you were caught. Getting in is one thing, Miss Shingen, getting out is another entirely. I actually ordered my agents to hold back - I wanted to see where you'd wander if allowed to roam... but thank you for your compliments on my work."

<Yukio> "It would have been a more accurate test for your defenses if you hadn't told them to hold back, as it took forever for them to capture me." She smiled brightly. "I like to toy with my prey, but I prefer to have the best toys." Tsking, she pretended to study her nails and brought the knife back up to clean them.

<Shaw> Sebastian watched this back and forth with half of his attention, as the rest was on his wife and his hand on hers. Koibito? Are you all right?

<Viper> "It's hardly fair on the developers of these toys if they don't get the chance to test them in interesting scenarios," Viper pointed out, leaning back in her chair and examining one of the circuit boards on her desk. "Besides, it has been a few days since something exploded and my cleaning crew were getting bored."

<Jessica> I'm fine... why? She was also watching the exchange between Viper and Yukio and was finding it hard to keep a straight face.

<Shaw> You feel... tense. He brushed his fingers over hers, trying to offer his own mental strength as reassurance.

<Yukio> "Well, that's splendid news then, if you would like to offer me a job as well, since it seems I'm about to be at loose ends, hai?" She looked at Shaw, but he wasn't paying attention. Perhaps a shuriken would pull his focus to its proper place?

<Viper> "Perhaps... but I rather enjoy carrying out assassinations personally." Viper remembered she had a drink and took a sip from her glass.

<Jessica> I'm not. This is just... weird.... Her nose wrinkled slightly.

<Shaw> I suppose it is, at that. "Yukio, perhaps it would be best if you give us your complete report in our quarters." He inclined his head to Sarkissian. "I apologize for any damages her... enthusiasm has caused. Of course, I can recompense you in kind. We will take responsibility from here."

<Yukio> As the shuriken was already out and flipping across her knuckles, Yukio was disappointed Shaw-san had snapped to.

<Viper> Viper waved it off, "I can afford it, why complicate matters with unneccessary paperwork?"

<Jessica> While that wasn't the weirdness she was referring to, Jess levered herself out of her chair and allowed Sharky to climb back up onto her shoulder.

<Shaw> Sebastian smirked at Sarkissian. "As you say, but do let me know if you change your mind." He helped Jessica and then turned to open the door.

<Yukio> Yukio made the small weapon vanish, and turned to bow to Viper. "It has been an honor and a pleasure."

<Viper> Viper inclined her head politely to the other woman, "You will be searched before you leave. Do try not to steal anything else."

<Yukio> Yukio's laugh was high and delighted and she turned to Sebastian to rattle something off in fast Japanese before she preceded him through the door.

<Shaw> He gave Sarkissian a faint smile and nod before making good on their escape.

<Jessica> Once the door was closed behind them, Jess looked over at Yukio, "You know she speaks Japanese, right? As do I, incidentally...."

<Yukio> "Of course," she said with a wave of her hand, then looked questioningly at Shaw.

<Shaw> "Our room." He rested one hand on Jessica's lower back and offered Yukio his other arm. "It will be more secure to speak freely."

<Jessica> Jess walked along, letting Sharky scamper back down her arm and run along the floor ahead of them now back in his preferred form. She let them back in when they arrived and headed straight for the kettle.

<Shaw> Sebastian was tense, if for no other reason than that he was afraid to believe it really was over.

<Yukio> Yukio ignored both of them and studied the layout of the halls and the security and grinned at every camera she saw.

<Jessica> Kettle on, Jess wasn't sure what to do with herself now so she busied herself looking for biscuits.

<Shaw> Once he'd let Yukio inside and offered her a chair he pulled up to the small coffee table, he settled down across from her on the sofa. "Report."

<Jessica> Jess glanced over her shoulder at them, chewing her lip and wondering if she should interrupt to ask if they wanted tea.

<Shaw> Yes, please, love. So you can join us. He didn't seem to turn his attention from Yukio as she began her tale.

<Yukio> "The Lord Imperial is... pardon, was," she amended with a bright smile, "One of the most paranoid men I have had the pleasure to remove from this world. My apologies, Mr. Shaw-san, but this is why it took longer than expected."

<Jessica> Jess nodded seemingly to herself and took out two more cups, I feel like I'm intruding...

<Shaw> You are not. This is the course of our life, my love. He glanced over at her, distracted from Yukio's report.

<Yukio> Marital problems again? This was why she remained single. Yukio nodded to herself and inventoried her findings from her pockets.

<Jessica> I know.... but I didn't hire her - I don't even know her... And she'd been rude to Viper but she had a feeling Sebastian wouldn't be sympathetic about that.

<Shaw> He could address part of that problem right now, he supposed, and got up to assist Jessica. After he'd taken Yukio a cup, he set down his own and took Jessica's from her hand to entwine their fingers and lead her around the table.

<Shaw> "Yukio," he started, nodding to the woman to stand. "You haven't formally been introduced, but this is my wife, Jessica Drew, now Shaw. Jess, this is Yukio Shingen."

<Yukio> Yukio gave another bow, then stuck out her hand in the Western tradition. "I have heard much of you, Mrs. Shaw."

<Jessica> Jess returned the handshake somewhat awkwardly, "You have? Um... not all bad, I hope?"

<Yukio> "As most was from your husband, none of it!" She gave a sly grin. She'd noted the belly, but didn't look at it.

<Jessica> Jess laughed and shook her head, "I don't believe a word of it."

<Shaw> "You should," he said, resting his hand on Jess' knee and tipping his head to dismiss Yukio back to her chair. "So, as you say, we have paid back the Lord Imperial in kind..."

<Yukio> "Hai." Yukio resumed her seat and picked up her tea, taking a polite sip before she began. "I obtained a position in his household." She tsked. "Such ridiculous uniforms he requires of his staff... I believe he takes the affectations of your Hellfire Club a little too seriously..."

<Jessica> Jess raised an eyebrow at Yukio then wrinkled her nose, "... Ew." She didn't need that mental image at all.

<Shaw> Sebastian pressed his lips together in suppressed amusement.

<Yukio> "Yes, ew!" She nodded, smiling at Jessica. "Dirty old man..." Shuddering, she explained the identity she'd assumed and the lengths to which she'd gone to ingratiate herself.

<Jessica> Jess felt her sympathy for the woman rise as Yukio kept talking, able to empathise quite a bit.

<Shaw> Sebastian began to wonder if a bonus wasn't in order.

<Yukio> "Such strange things to do with his tableware..." she observed. "Eventually, I learned when his consort would be visiting." Giving Sebastian a sly smile, she traced her tongue over her lip. "We'll call her a... what's the word? Freebie."

<Jessica> "You killed her too?" Jess wasn't sure she liked that the body count was going up.

<Yukio> "They both knew, before the end, of course." She crossed her legs demurely and sipped her tea.

<Jessica> She still wanted some sort of tangible revenge and she was sure Sebastian knew it.

<Yukio> "The Lord Imperial seemed... somewhat surprised," she observed, looking into her cup. "His empress... less so." Taking another sip, she met Shaw's eyes. "I allowed plenty of time for his lesser staff to escape before the estate was consumed."

<Shaw> He glanced at Jessica from the side of his eyes.

<Jessica> Consumed? Jess glanced at him and gave him a curious look.

<Yukio> "I thought it appropriate," she chuckled. "They seemed at home in the fires of hell after all."

<Jessica> Oh. Her nose wrinkled again.

<Shaw> "It was necessary," he said in answer to both women, and sighed. "And thank you, Yukio. They will spread the word, of course, and I will handle the rest."

<Yukio> She bowed her head and sipped her tea.

<Jessica> Jess wasn't sure something that messy was neccessary but it was probably for the best - less traceable.

<Shaw> Sebastian glanced at his wife again, sensing her disapproval. "Well," he started, dragging out the word. "I must ask - you felt it necessary to deliver the news personally, why? Not only did you create... a stir, but you delayed your report by how long by coming here instead of calling?"

<Yukio> "It was fun! You would deny me pleasure after the task I had to undertake for you?" She beamed. "For shame, Mister Shaw."

<Jessica> She got to her feet and went to make more tea, her cup was empty and the story was over.

<Shaw> He watched Jessica and sighed, then turned his attention back to Yukio.

<Yukio> She quirked a brow at him.

<Jessica> Feeling like a spare part again, Jess was tempted to escape the room and go to hide out with Julia for a while.

<Shaw> Sensing her rising discomfort, Sebastian shifted his weight. "As you are, indeed, here, I think it best if we discuss next steps, yes?"

<Jessica> "What's left to do?" Jess looked over at them, "Not more assassinations I hope..." Jess continued to busy herself in the kitchen area for a few minutes with more tea then discretely headed for the door.

<Shaw> "No, that shouldn't be necessary," he said, though he wasn't sure and cast a glance back at Yukio before he noticed Jessica was trying to make good her escape. I was talking to you, love.

<Jessica> I know... but this is so awkward... I don't do this stuff.... it's too shady for me.... sorry.... she pulled a face and rested her forehead against the door.

<Yukio> Yukio looked between the couple, realizing she was missing something, but unsure what.

<Shaw> I am afraid, he started, shifting on the sofa and swirling his own forgotten tea. That if you wish to become more... active... in the Hellfire Club, you must needs be privy to some of our more sordid activities.

<Jessica> I know that... but it's one thing to expect to be doing these things and another entirely to have it sprung on you with no warning after a safe place has gone into lockdown and freaked me out.

<Shaw> Sebastian stood and placed his cup on the table with a clink. "You will have to excuse my wife. Your little... stunt, appears to have unsettled her." He tipped his head at Yukio, who watched curiously, and moved over to Jess.

<Jessica> I'm okay... have your meeting and tell me about it afterwards... I'll go sit with Julia or something... It wasn't like she'd get to have input into what happened anyway.

<Shaw> I thought you wanted to be more involved... Sebastian placed his hand on her lower back.

<Jessica> I do. But I'm not sure what good I'd be right now I'm all prickly and emotional and I just want to go and hide for a while....

<Yukio> "I could promise that next time I break into a high-security compound I invite her to come along?" Yukio had finished her tea and picked the bit of tech from her pocket to tinker with. "Once your small one has come, of course."

<Shaw> Sebastian gave Yukio a disbelieving look.

<Jessica> While that sounded like a lot of fun, Jess somehow doubted that Sebastian would allow it. She gave a half shrug.

<Yukio> "Your loss," she said with an answering shrug and tossed her trinket into the air and caught it in her tea cup.

<Jessica> Jess sighed; her hand now on the door handle, she gave it a turn.

<Shaw> He echoed her sigh and leaned in to give her a kiss. Arguing with her in front of Yukio would do no good, and he had no desire to argue anyway.

<Jessica> She offered him a small smile, gave Yukio a wave, then headed off with Sharky at her heels.

<Shaw> Sebastian enjoyed the sway of her hips as she walked away, her movements still smooth despite the advancing pregnancy.

<Yukio> "I like her," Yukio announced from behind him.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6