9/21 Instance: Adult Supervision Required

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

9/21 Instance: Adult Supervision Required

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after Into the Danger Zone

<Paige> As had become her custom when Bobby was away, Paige sat curled up in their bed. She had scoured the news stations until she had a hit. There had been an explosion at an Osborne facility. While Paige had every intention of staying up, waiting on Bobby... somewhere in the middle of a commercial break she had drifted off to sleep.

<Bobby> Bobby had stopped himself from thinking things had gone surprisingly well all the way home, through their preemptive evasive maneuvers, changes of stealth frequency, moments of paranoia, and all. Eventually he was just enjoying flying again, and once they came to a landing and all evaced out, he allowed himself a solid "WOOHOO!" from the parking lot.

<Bobby> The return to the school was made in groups, and since he wasn't with the group transporting Danger, he was free to go. And so he went straight home. Quietly, he opened the door to their rooms. It was dark, but he heard a television and saw flickering lights.

<Paige> The quiet was quiet enough to not wake Paige, who merely shifted her weight and snuggled Bobby's pillow closer to her.

<Bobby> He moved into the room and slowly unzipped his black uniform jacket, smiling as she came into view. D'awww. Picking up the remote, he started to turn off the television and then looked at it. News. Whooops.

<Paige> Paige's eyes opened slightly as a noise from the television woke her. She opened her eyes fully, quickly. "Bobby!" He was alive! He was ok! In a swift motion her covers were thrown back and she pounced on him.

<Bobby> Bobby eeped slightly at the attack, but laughed soon after. "Paigey!" He tried not to be too loud to wake Ripley, but Yoda did look up at him and commence butt wriggling. "Heeey, babe!" He gave Paige a squeeze and threw himself backward onto the bed with her.

<Paige> Paige laughed with him and snuggled into him. "You are ok! I'm so glad you are ok. Yoda, Bobby's ok!" She tried to keep her voice down, but it was challenging when so excited.

<Bobby> "I'm okay!" Yoda yipped, picking up the excitement, and bounced into the group hug.

<Paige> That caused more laughing. Paige pet their dog, making soothing sounds at him. "Such a good boy!"

<Bobby> "I know, I am, aren't I?" Bobby cocked his head at her and panted slightly, moving enough to free his arm and finish unzipping his uniform. "I better get this off, probably has gunk on it."

<Paige> She laughed at him and moved enough to give him room to get back up. "Ewwwww explosion gunk."

<Bobby> "Sentinel gunk!" He stripped off the jacket and threw it by the bathroom door, then just kept stripping. After a moment, he realized Paige was watching and hummed a bowchicka tune.

<Paige> Her face flushed as she giggled and looked away... then right back at him. "Maybe we should get you cleaned up. You know... just in case."

<Bobby> "Just in case I'm a dirty boy too?" He laughed, looking toward the room Ripley slept in. Seemed quiet, so he headed for the bathroom, looking over his shoulder and waggling his eyebrows. "Wanna supervise?"

<Paige> She grinned back at him and got up, quickly following. "Well I have to make sure you get allll the gunk off, right?"

<Bobby> "Yes, ma'am, you sure do!" He waited until she joined him in the bathroom to give her an enthusiastic greeting kiss.

<Paige> A sound of surprise escaped before Paige could wrap her arms around him and return the kiss. "I'm really, really glad you made it home safely."

<Bobby> "Me too," he admitted. "What's even better is we did it - we got Danger back!"

<Paige> "My hero!" She squeezed him and gave him another kiss.

<Bobby> "Not that I've ever been her biggest fan, I suppose," he laughed, returning the kiss. "Buuuut, better her here than with Osborn. It looked like they were taking her apart and using her to make new sentinels... which, scary."

<Paige> She kind of wished she hadn't heard that. Paige shuddered. "Yeah. How do we stop them if they succeed?"

<Bobby> "I dunno, but at least we scored one for the team today, and we didn't lose anybody." He brushed his nose against hers and turned on the water in the shower.

<Paige> Paige drew what comfort she could from his words and watched him turn the water on. "Yeah. That's really good news. Everyone coming home is always good news."

<Bobby> "Definitely." He chewed his lip, then tugged at the bottom of her pink jammie top. "You just gonna supervise?"

<Paige> She gave him a coy look before easing out of her pajamas. "When do I ever just watch?"

<Bobby> "Sweeeeeet." He grinned at her and leaned in for another kiss. "Y'know, maybe we should go shopping... like, later this week?"

<Paige> "You know I'm always good for shopping!" She kissed him again, quite happily. "What are we shopping for?"

<Bobby> "Um," he grinned, fidgeted, looked down, then back up. "For a r-ring?"

<Paige> Paige just stared up at him with her big blue eyes as they processed. A ring. He had just said a ring. A ring could only mean one thing. Just one. If it was possible, her smile widened. "Ring shopping is good."

<Bobby> Bobby whooped, then shushed himself and instead flung his arms around her. "Yaaaay, ring shopping is good!" He rivaled the tightness of her hugs.

<Paige> That caused more giggling, very happy giggling. "I love you, Bobberz." She kept him pressed tightly against her, snuggling into his chest. "Very much."

<Bobby> "Very, very much, I love you, too." He gave her a final squeeze, then patted her rear. "Now let's get dirty while we get clean."