10/5 Instance: Pancakes and Promises

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

10/5 Instance: Pancakes and Promises

Post by Svartfreja »

Shortly after [Instance]Scotch-Fueled Apologies.

<Carol> The ability to grow extra arms would be very useful right now, Carol thought as she tried to work out how to open the door without spilling any of the food or coffee on the tray. After a few attempts, she managed to get the handle with her elbow and opened the door with a sigh of relief. Now she could get on with the fun surprise part.

<Cessily> Even though her metallic body had little need for rest, Cessily still was happy for any opportunity to sleep in and chase her dreams just a litle while longer. Shifting under the sheets, the young silver woman turned around and snuggled back into her pillow.

<Carol> Carol closed the door as quietly as she was able to with just her foot and took the tray to the bedside, setting it down on the table. "Good morning, beautiful..." she said softly.

<Cessily> A smile formed on Cessily's lips even before she opened her eyes. "Good morning," she answered likewise, slightly stretching as she rolled over on her back. "You're up early."

<Cessily> The first thing she noticed was the rich smell of fresh coffee and baked goods, causing her smile to grow wider. It turned into open-mouthed gaping when she finally opened her eyes. "Am I still dreaming?"

<Carol> "I kinda didn't go to bed..." she had, at least, showered though and changed into a fresh SHIELD uniform. "I walked out on the doctors and went to sit in my car for a few hours... Bobby found me and I figured I should probably apologise for all the making you worry and not coming back last night and everything... so... I cooked... with supervision..."

<Cessily> Cessily went wide eyed, marvelling in disbelief at the pile of pancakes and toast and the woman who allegedy made them. So it wasn't a dream, and neither had been the night before. "You... cooked?" She sounded utterly baffled, looking up at Carol with big eyes. "For me?"

<Carol> Carol nodded, "These were not the first attempt... or even the third attempt." She gave Cessily a small grin, "but you can't apologise with cereal."

<Cassie> The smile returned to the young woman's face, along with the concern for her girlfriend, giving her shiny face a bittersweet expression. "Oh, Carol..." She sat up to throw her arms around the other woman, clinging to her in a tight hug.

<Cassie> "You don't have to apologize to me," she whispered into Carol's ear, before pressing her lips to her cheek.

<Carol> Carol returned the hug tightly, "I do... I have to apologise for nearly killing myself and not even telling you I was going to do something like that... and for not coming back last night to tell you I was okay."

<Cassie> Cessily leaned back, quickly wiping a silver teardrop off her cheek. "I'm not going to lie..." The girl bit her lip. "For a moment, I thought that..." She fell silent and took a deep breath, looking down at her hands before raising her gaze to meet Carol's.

<Cassie> "But I think I can forgive you, under one condition..." A faint smile found its way back to her bright face.

<Carol> Carol nodded, she'd been worried about the same. She gave Cessily a questioning look, "What's that?"

<Cassie> Cessily looked Carol in the eyes, a gentle smile softening her expression. "Promise you'll always come back for me," she said. "I know our job is dangerous, and I know what it demands of us. We both need to be prepared to risk everything to keep those we love safe..."

<Cassie> With her lips pressed tightly together, she gave her girlfriend a pleading look. "But I've seen too many friends go away already. I don't think I can take to lose you."

<Carol> She sighed, "Sometimes... I might not be able to... but, I promise you this... if I can, whatever it takes, I'll always come home." She reached to take Cessily's hand, "But whatever my orders, I don't care if I get reassigned to Siberia, I will never leave you behind anywhere."

<Cassie> Cessily's face lit up with a growing smile. "That's all I'll ever ask for," she said, affectionately touching Carol's cheek. Closing the distance between them, their lips touched in a tender kiss. "I love you, Carol Danvers."

<Carol> Carol closed her eyes, pulling Cessily back in for another hug and holding her tightly, "I love you, too."

<Cassie> Had she had a heart, it would have skipped a beat that moment. Instead Cessily lost herself in the beat of Carol's, feeling it throb against her own chest. For a while, they simply held each other in silence.

<Carol> Loathe as she was to break the silence and ruin the moment, eventually she cleared her throat, "Your, um... your breakfast is getting cold..."

<Cassie> "Ooh, yes! We can't let that happen!" She flashed the other woman a grin as she sat back."But please try to avoid being reassigned to Siberia, okay? I fear I might turn into a shiny statue over there."

<Carol> "I don't want to get reassigned at all... I like it here... plus, I kind of figured I'd be going alone if I did..."

<Cassie> Cessily had already torn off a chunk of pancake and was stuffing her mouth with it. "I wouldn't be concerned about that," she replied, licking her fingers. "Just feed the others these pancakes, and no one will want to let you go ever."

<Carol> Carol laughed, shaking her head, "They're not that good... and I can't take all the credit anyway, Bobby helped and I screwed up a whole bunch before I got the hang of it..."

<Cassie> "But they're made with love," Cessily told Carol, pulling off another chunk to feed it to her girlfriend. "And if you want to practise some more, I certainly won't stop you."

<Carol> She shook her head, "Nooo I hate cooking, I'm happy to leave all of that to the people on the end of the phone at all the nearby takeout places...."

<Cassie> Cessily laughed and helped herself to some of the French toast. "I'm sure they all appreciate you keeping them in business." She shifted further up in the bed, the sheets slipping off her chest. "The least you can do is help me eat all this, though."

<Cassie> "How about a nice breakfast in bed?" She patted the empty space by her side.

<Carol> "Sure, I can help... feel a little overdressed though." She reached down to take off her boots, "And I did skip all the sleeping stuff..."

<Cassie> "I can help with both," Cessily replied, reaching out to open the buttons on Carol's uniform. "I wouldn't mind a few more hours of sleep either."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6