10/27 Instance: Turkey Time Trouble

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/27 Instance: Turkey Time Trouble

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day or two after Family Dinner

<Jessica> The television was on and Sharky was gnawing on a ball at her feet and she could feel herself nodding off. Maybe she should go downstairs and just sleep...
Jess was feeling like she spent more time 'at the school' than she did when she was actually taking classes there, these days.

<Jessica> She wasn't actually at the school and that was bound to get awkward when Sebastian started teaching again but for now it was easier to just not be honest. As it was, though, all this activity was exhausting and it was all she could do to stay awake during dinner and now dinner was over.

<Shaw> Half paying attention to the television and half to the project open on the tablet in his lap, Sebastian glanced over at where Jess curled up on the other end of the sofa. She looked ready to fall asleep on the spot. "Kiobito?"

<Jessica> She jerked awake again, "Hmm? What? I'm awake..."

<Shaw> "So I see." He smiled and put the tablet aside, sliding over to her and picking up her feet to place them in his lap. "Are you well? Just tired?" Once settled, he pressed into the arch of one foot with his thumbs.

<Jessica> "I'm fine," she stretched out, wiggling her toes and offering him a sleepy smile, "Long day... been catching up with people."

<Shaw> "Yes, at the school. I need to speak to Mr. Maximoff again soon to determine how we will share teaching duties." He smirked and bent to kiss the top of her wriggly big toe. "Perhaps next time you go I'll accompany you?"

<Jessica> She nodded, "Sure... I have sort of been using your car anyway, obviously..." of course, that would make things complicated at the other end.

<Shaw> "Obviously." His hand slid up her leg to caress her calf. "We should start looking for another vehicle soon anyway. Perhaps we could make a day of it." Grinning, he tickled her lightly. "Not that I don't enjoy riding your motorcycle."

<Jessica> She shifted her leg to poke him with her toes for the tickling, "We could do that... but what will we do with Shinobi?"

<Shaw> This encouraged him to keep tickling, his hand creeping up to the back of her knee. "Well, dependent upon the tenor of the day, we could see if he would like to come as well, or leave him here."

<Jessica> "If we bring him, we can't go up to the school... they won't like it..." she pulled her leg back toward her to try and escape the tickling, "Just like I can't tell them where I really was because they'll hate that too..."

<Shaw> "I assume most people familiar with your background could guess where you were, love." Taking the hint, he stopped tickling so he could keep her leg. Stroking was far more pleasant anyway. "And, as you have pointed out, half of the people at that school have similarly sketchy backgrounds to Shinobi."

<Jessica> "But that won't matter... look what they took from them, they won't let that go... and sure they can guess but I'd prefer unconfirmed rumours to outright telling them at the moment... it's just awkward and there's enough trouble without stirring the pot any more..."

<Shaw> "All right, there's no reason to tell anyone where you were - it has no bearing on Shinobi's situation, however."

<Jessica> "You don't think people might think we're a little weird for keeping a convicted terrorist in our house? I mean... I know we're weird, we're really weird but this is beyond the usual level of weird... this is like... Viper weird..."

<Shaw> "Were you not the one advocating for giving him exactly such a chance?" He sniffed. "Xavier himself took on other former acolytes of En Sabah Nur - welcomed them with open arms."

<Jessica> "Yeah but they were already former students... except the one and he wasn't well received." She sighed, "I just think we have a lot of stuff to deal with right now and I don't think it'll be good for Shinobi to get exposed to all that abuse before he's figured himself out... it could make it worse."

<Shaw> "You have a point there, love, I will confess." He squirmed closer to her, leaning in to steal a kiss. "He can just stay here then, perhaps we could pick him up to go car shopping afterward. I'm certain he would enjoy the opportunity to fondle exquisite vehicles."

<Jessica> She gave him a smile, nuzzling him a little, "That sounds like a plan... I suppose we needn't worry about leaving him here alone because the place is being watched twenty-four-seven."

<Shaw> "Yes, it is, which he knows. I suspect, if he was really inclined to escape, he would find a way. As he hasn't yet, I would venture a guess that he doesn't plan to try." He smirked at her. "At least not again."

<Jessica> "Well good because it'll be too icy to chase him down the street soon..." she gave him a small grin, "Besides... where else is he going to go? He doesn't know anyone... that's kinda sad..." he nose wrinkled.

<Shaw> "No, he doesn't... but now he knows us, no matter how personally repugnant he finds the concept at the moment. Perhaps, given time, he will find a place and a purpose."

<Jessica> "I hope so... I feel so bad for him... but I also hope he figures it out before the baby because I need to be able to sleep..."

<Shaw> "You need to be able to sleep now as well," he observed, freeing his hand from her pants to rest it on her belly. The baby was old enough now to move and shift almost continually, and he was endlessly overwhelmed by the feelings he had for this tiny person.

<Jessica> "Yeah well you try telling her that... I sleep only when she sleeps... or when I pass out."

<Shaw> Lips curved in a gentle smile, he bent toward the bump. "Shhh, my little one, you need to let your mother rest." With their link open, he could feel Jessica's exhaustion, and amusement at his behavior. It's these moments I love best, Jessie, he sent.

<Jessica> She smiled back, Me too... They made her happy, even if they sometimes made her afraid too. She put her hands on the bump, "I can manage - you'd be surprised how little sleep I can function on."

<Shaw> "But that's hardly optimal for you, or for her." Stretching out beside her on the sofa, he carefully rested his head on her bump to listen - and simply feel. "Your mother needs her beauty sleep," he told the baby inside again. "Really, the both of you should work out a better schedule," he teased.

<Jessica> "She has a schedule... it's just not the same as mine."

<Shaw> "Well that's precisely my point." He craned his neck to grin up at her, his ear still pressed to her stomach.

<Jessica> "You should know by now, Sebastian... you can't tell a woman what to do. We just go and do our own thing anyway."

<Shaw> "That's very true," he chuckled, closing his eyes and nuzzling her belly. Snaking his arms around her, he gave her a squeeze. "You like to keep us on our toes."

<Jessica> "Well we have to make sure you're not going to get bored and wander off," she gave him another grin, "Even if we already know you won't."

<Shaw> "Oh, there's little enough chance of that," he agreed.

<Jessica> "I'm not worried," She reached a hand up to run her fingers through his hair, "There is an awkward topic we need to consider though..."

<Shaw> "Oh?" Sebastian was relaxed and opened the link further.

<Jessica> "We're a few days from Thanksgiving... So, um... I can do a dinner... but how many am I cooking for?"

<Shaw> At first he wasn't certain why this was awkward. "You, I, Shinobi, of course..."

<Jessica> "Well yeah because we live here... but there's Broo too... and I don't know what Hope's doing but I'd like for her to come here if she's got no plans because last year she had Johnny and this year... this year's going to be hard for her..."

<Shaw> He nodded at the inclusion of Broo, but Hope's name made his eyes pop open. Looking up at her, he licked his lips.

<Jessica> "What?" She cocked her head on one side, "If you think Tony would be offended, you can invite him too but that could be complicated with the terrorist watching the house and one of the group that assassinated his competition living here..."

<Shaw> "I rather suspected she would be spending the holiday with Tony. She can help him pardon turkeys." Biting his lip, he perhaps regretted opening the link since he was certain his hesitation and shame were bleeding over.

<Jessica> "I warned you this was going to be awkward..." she pointed out, "If you'd rather we didn't invite her..."

<Shaw> "it's... complicated." He shifted, pressed his mouth and nose into her side as he thought it through.

<Jessica> "It's not that complicated, Sebastian... either you want her to come or you don't... she might not even want to anyway."

<Shaw> "I don't want to make things uncomfortable for you," he mumbled, turning his head to be more clearly heard. "I've put you through enough." And he was still doing it, unfortunately.

<Jessica> "I thought Thanksgiving was supposed to be uncomfortable? It's a tradition or something... and, besides, she's family and we're okay. I can handle it." She stroked her hand over his hair in an attempt to soothe his concerns.

<Shaw> "Well, once again in an attempt to find the right time to tell you something, I managed to make things worse," he started, though he appreciated her touch and pushed his head against her hand.

<Jessica> She cocked her head again, "Oh just say it, I'm too tired to be angry - now is a good time."

<Shaw> "It isn't even bad news, I've just been... peculiarly negligent." He sucked in a breath. "There was a DNA analysis done... after Hope... the child was Nord's."

<Jessica> "Oh..." that was very much too complicated for her sleepy brain to untangle how she felt about it. "Well... all the more reason to have her here if she's going to be in Boston."

<Shaw> "I can call her, I suppose." Hope hadn't been at all the awkward guest he'd expected to debate. "I'm frankly surprised you haven't mentioned Sarkissian."

<Jessica> "If she wants to come she'll invite herself..." Jess gave a half shrug, "That's how she rolls..."

<Shaw> "I'm not entirely certain of that, since I do recall she was quite angry about the wedding."

<Jessica> "That wasn't angry. I've seen her angry. She shoots people when she's angry."

<Shaw> Sebastian grunted and closed his eyes again. "Even so, it's something I would rather avoid."

<Jessica> "Well, I can invite her if you want... I know it'd be nice for Broo to have her here - she's the closest thing he had to a parent..."

<Shaw> He shuddered. "Yes, that's fine."

<Jessica> "Then I'll invite her... and we can watch Hope throw things at her for entertainment. It'll be fun."

<Shaw> Shaking his head, he gave her a squeeze. "Perhaps we can consider the exciting possibilities for property damage and psychological trauma some other time." He kissed the side of her belly. "I think it's time we go to bed."

<Jessica> She nodded, covering a yawn at the same time, "Good idea... but you'll have to help me up because I'm too tired to move... and too fat."

<Shaw> "You aren't fat, love." Sebastian carefully pushed himself up on his arms, holding himself over her and looking down to take in every detail. "You're so beautiful."

<Jessica> "I am fat but I'll take the compliment anyway," she smiled, lifting her arms around him to pull him in for a kiss.

<Shaw> "No," he said, pausing for a kiss. "You're pregnant," he pointed out, leaning down for another kiss and breathing out the words against her mouth. "There's nothing more gorgeous."

<Jessica> "There's something wrong with you," she murmured back against his lips.

<Shaw> He grinned, kissing her again. "Of course, but not in this." Kissing the tip of her nose, he moved back to meet her eyes. "You're always gorgeous, love, but especially so because you're mine." He shifted his weight, still keeping his own off of her, and stroked her stomach. "She's mine."

<Jessica> "She is," she smiled, "and we love you."

<Shaw> Not even embarrassed about the brightness of his smile, he closed his eyes and pressed his forehead to hers.

<Jessica> "Come on," she tilted her head to give him a kiss, "Let's go to bed."

<Shaw> He returned the kiss and pushed himself up off the sofa, then scooped her up. "That solves your problem, yes? Although it is entertaining to watch you get up."

<Jessica> She giggled, "Yes, it solves my problem, just please don't drop me..." she slid her arms around his shoulders, "Oh... have to turn off the TV..."

<Shaw> With that, he grinned at Jess and turned for the hall. "I wouldn't drop you, love," he answered with a slight chuckle. He did, however, bend his knees in an attempt to grab the remote control.

<Shaw> Then, he realized something. "Sharky!" The little silver pet dropped his ball and looked up. "Turn off the television." As an afterthought, he threw in a "please."