10/28 Instance: Dangerous

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

10/28 Instance: Dangerous

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

McCoy: Entering the underground science lab always felt like walking into the depths of some kind of giant machinery, even more so since his young student and assistant had taken over the old basement and turned it into this maze of technological marvels.

McCoy: Greeted by the constant buzzing of electronics and the faint scent of ozone, the big blue mutant balanced his tray and the mugs he carried over the thick cables crossing and cluttering the already narrow walkway.

McCoy: "One extra strong coffee for me, and one big hot chocolate for you," Dr. Hank McCoy announced as he climbed down the stairs to the center of the cavernous room. "And some twinkies to top up our sugar supply. No brain, no matter how genius, can work without it."

Broo: Broo's head popped up over a monitor, then disappeared as he slid down from his chair, only to reappear next to his big mentor. "Thank you, Doctor." he said making grabby hands as he reached up to take his cup. "We're halfway through the code now." he added, nodding up to the smaller Danger surrounded by holographic screens.

Broo: "I definitely think we're making progress. We've already discovered some parts that seems completely unused, however when we tried to poke at it, remove some bits here and there, the self-repair program restored it, which clearly means the program is working."

Danger: "Good evening, Dr. McCoy," the female robot spoke up, looking up from the inscrutable chaos dancing across her holographic display. She waved at the furry mutant scientist. "Thank you for supplying us with all we need. Broo has been immensely helpful."

McCoy: "That's good," McCoy replied, giving the odd pair a smile before he turned towards their unusual patient in the middle of the room, the motionless machine hooked up to thick cables, the faint blue glow the only sign of life still. "So any idea what's keeping our sleeping beauty from waking up?"

Danger: "We are not sure yet, but we have theories," little Danger replied, exchanging a look with Broo. "All peripheral systems appear to work flawlessly, having been restored to full functionality since we supplied her body with power. They do not appear to be cause of our problem, however."

Danger: With a gesture by her artificial hand, she caused the holograms floating around her to merge into a single large one, showing a virtual representation of Danger's computer core. "It is the source code," the robotic girl explained. "The parts of it that are missing, to be precise."

Broo: Broo nibbled on a twinkie between sips of his warm drink. "Well, the sections that aren't highlighted are the parts that are missing." Broo helped. "What the program is currently doing is filling in the gaps, patchworks, just to keep the rest of the source code running, however that isn't the correct code that needs to be there."

Broo: "What I don't understand is that it doesn't look like the code was corrupted. It looks to me like someone cut and pasted parts of it. It worries me that the scientists at Oscorp might actually have butchered her programming."

Danger: "No, they have not," Danger's other self assured. "Had they managed to extract parts of my source code, we would have known by now." With two pairs of questioning eyes on her, she elaborated. "As advanced as Oscorp's machines are, they use common binary programming language."

Danger: "They are nothing like this." The machine girl looked back at the dance of light in front of her. "It behaves like no code I have seen before."

McCoy: "I hope you're right, as these Sentinels are frightening enough without the ingenuity of your design." Dr. McCoy studied the illegible holographic symbols illuminating the room, a frown furrowing his thick brow. He took off his glasses and wiped them with a piece of cloth.

McCoy: "Well, if you ask of my opinion as one of the world's most renewed biologists, I would be tempted to say it behaves a lot like a living being," the feline mutant said, before balancing his glasses back on his wide nose. "Which seems ludicrous, of course, as we're not dealing with anything biological here."

Danger: The machine was silent, pondering the doctor's words that had managed to interrupt her train of thoughts, before she remembered to close her mechanical mouth. "No, not ludicrous," Danger said. "Merely new." She looked at her own code. "A new form of life, not based on biology, but technology."

Broo: "Well not that new," Broo added, nodding towards the smaller robot in the room. "You are based on her, correct? Sufficed to say, your own programming, your source code is practically a backup copy of hers, is it not?" he asked her.

Danger: Again Danger hesitated before giving an answer. "Yes... we are essentially the same," she replied, deliberately picking her words. "Why do you ask?"

McCoy: "I believe he is suggesting we use the backup for what it was supposed to," McCoy spoke up. "If your old self is unable to repair its damaged source code on its own, why not connect you two and have you restore whatever is missing?"

Danger: The robot girl looked from the blue fuzzy doctor to his little insectoid student. "Do you think this could work?" There were few ways for a machine to show apprehension, but Danger managed to do it.

Broo: Broo frowned. "Is something wrong?" he asked. "Because you seem to be emulating human body language quite well of someone wishing not to do something."

Danger: "No, why would anything be wrong?" Danger asked, slightly tilting her head. "I... was merely surprised that I did not think of such an obvious solution myself yet, that is all."

McCoy: Hank gave the robot girl an encouraging smile. Even though she was clearly a machine, her human appearance made it difficult not to think of her as one of his students. "Don't worry, it should be completely safe for you," he said. "Think of it as a kind of digital transfusion."

Broo: "Not even a transfusion," Broo helped, "You won't be losing anything in her core. At least that's what I believe. However now that I'm thinking about the fact that the code is behaving much like a biological than a step by step programmed entity, I am feeling that we should at least be on the cautionary side. Make sure your shields are up when accessing her source code directly." he tried to explain.

Danger: "Don't worry, I had no intention to be careless," Danger said, as she stepped away from the control panel. She then looked down herself. "We will have to directly access my control core. I may require some assistance to establish the connection."

McCoy: "Why don't you help the lady get undressed, while I prepare our mainframe to monitor the transfer," Hank told Broo, showing his sharp teeth as he grinned at the little boy. "I suggest we hook her up with the cable connection. A bit old fashioned, but I like to have something physical we can cut if we need to."

Broo: "Will we be making umbilical cord jokes when this is done?" Broo asked as he placed his cup down and shuffled over to a drawer filled with cables. He took a moment searching through and choosing the best cable for the job and made his way back next to the smaller danger. "May I remove your chest plate?" he asked, unwittingly skipping first base and heading straight into second.

Danger: "Isn't it customary to first ask a girl out to engage some social activity before you ask her to drop her armour?" Danger found a clear spot on a sturdy looking machine to sit down, bringing her chest almost down to Broo's eye level.

Danger: "However, given the circumstance, I think we can break with protocol for once and skip the dinner and dance." Her mechanical lips were articulated enough to show a smile.

Broo: It was then the boy realized what was going on and he blushed, or blushed as much as his face could manage. "Oh.. uhm.. yes.." he stuttered a bit as he retried the correct screwdriver before he started unscrewing her chest. "So... did... did you ever decide on the sensory addition to your body?" he asked, suddenly wondering if he was causing any discomfort to her.

Danger: "Yes, I did, and have already been experimenting with various sensitivity settings," the machine girl replied, sitting still as Broo worked on her chest plate. She looked down at the boy and his tool. "It tickles."

Broo: "...interesting." Broo replied and continued his work. "Just tell me if I'm going too fast. I don't want to hurt you." the considerate boy added. "This is actually my first time doing it like this." he said thinking back of how she would normally be shut down in a lying position.

Danger: "No need to be concerned. I am equipped to handle much larger strain." Danger helped Broo with the safety latches keeping her protective shell secured tightly to her frame. "Thank you, this was the last one."

Broo: Broo carefully took the chest plate off her, disconnecting wires that were attached to it, before stepping back and gently placing it down. He looked back at her and grinned. "It always amazes me how pretty your core looks with the little lights."

Danger: "You think so?" Danger asked and glanced down at her exposed circuitry. Metallic fingertips touched the spherical shell hidden deep inside her chest, the lifeglow of her central matrix pulsating through the seems. "I did not expect anyone to find it aesthetically pleasing."

Danger: The robot girl looked up at Broo. "Thank you," she said, her polished lips forming a smile. "I am sure your heart is quite pretty, as well."

McCoy: "Now before we show each other any more of our intestines, scientifically remarkable as they may be, I suggest we stay focused on treating our patient." McCoy walked up to his two assistants and dangled some heavy cables in front of the boy's face.

McCoy: "Let's get to work, Broo," he told the small student and dropped the cables in his little clawed hands. "Contrary to popular belief among students these days, playing doctor does not contribute to earning one's proper doctor's degree."

Broo: "I would never play doctor before earning my degree. That would be unethical." Broo replied as he started to plug in the cables directly to Danger's core and the slots in the circuitry around it. "Now are you sure you're protected?" Broo asked Danger. "I don't want anything bad to happen when I to put this into her ports."

Danger_: "My systems are guarded by a multi-layered adaptive firewall," Danger assured the mutant boy, an electronic gasp escaping her mouth. "The plug was cold..." she explained herself, before focusing on their endeavour again.

Danger_: "Anyway, there are only so many precautions you can take when establishing a direct link," she explained, manually checking her ports just to be sure all the plugs fitted correctly. "In case of an emergency, I still might have to rely on you to sever the connection."

McCoy: "Rest assured, we'll monitor the process closely, and abort at the first sign of anything unexpected happening," McCoy said, having taken Danger's place behind the holographic control panel. "Excellent, I have a strong and stable signal from our generous donor."

McCoy: He looked at his young student. "Broo, if you would be so kind to connect our patient now."

Broo: Broo nodded, and ended up climbing on top of the work table as well to reach over and attach the cables, eventually straddling the tall Danger just to get a good angle for the final connector into a nearly hidden slot. The little bug boy gave a frustrated groan before the thing clicked in. "That was a really tight fit. All is ready, Doctor."

McCoy: "That may have been because this port was not meant to accept high-capacity data plugs," McCoy commented, pressing some buttons while he checked the computer's readouts. "Fortunately, it seems our dear Danger is quite adaptive... and we seem to have stable connections to both of them."

McCoy: "Most excellent." The blue doctor gave the smaller of the two female robots a look over the rim of his glasses. "Ready, my dear? If anyone has second thoughts, now would be the last chance to voice them."

Danger_: "I do, in fact," Danger replied truthfully, returning McCoy's look. "But if this is what is required to restore myself, it is what needs to be done. I will not change my mind now." She nodded. "Please go ahead; I am ready."

McCoy: Hank returned the machine's determined nod and flipped the switch to establish the direct connection of both computer cores.

Danger_: "Direct link established, synchronizing data flow, now accessing centraaaahhh..." Danger's voice cut off as her body went stiff like a doll, her mouth agape as her head tilted sideways. The lenses in her artificial eyes spun rapidly, adjusting their focus on a reality only she could perceive.

Broo: The sudden silence was nearly deafening. "That can't be good." Broo said as he jumped on to a chair and watched the monitors, his looking from left to right at the other screens as well. "I think..." his bug eyes squinted, "I think big danger's self repair is trying to repair small danger."

McCoy_: McCoy's hands darted across the controls with swiftness defying their size, the professor's catlike eyes focused on the two holographic spheres floating in front of him, each a visual representation of one of their robotic patients.

McCoy_: "This must be some kind of malfunction," he said, watching with concern as the dance of glowing symbols became more intense and frantic. "I don't even know if these readings are correct at all. The backup should have an intact copy of Danger's source code, but it looks just as corrupted as the original."

Broo: Broo literally climbed up on the large blue doctor, his eyes darting between the spheres. "No... no there are similarities. See, there, and there, there and there. But there's just something that doesn't make sense. Look there," he pointed at the old Danger coding,

Broo: "That part is perfectly intact, and that part, with the filler code in between... and look at the same section on this side," he pointed at the smaller danger's code, "The filler part here is the original code." The boy realized something. "She doesn't have a backup of the code, she has the missing parts of the original code."

McCoy_: "This can't be possible..." McCoy stared where Broo's little clawed finger was pointing, until the press of a button confirmed the impossible. Overlapping both holograms, he aligned the two imperfect spheres until they formed one flawless whole.

McCoy_: "Oh my stars and garters," the Professor gasped as all parts of the puzzle fell into place. "But how can that even..."

Danger: A jolt went through the smaller Danger, her head falling to the side. "Hostile code detected," she stuttered, her voice cracking and out of tune, making the machine sound fearful. "Firewall compromised. Motor systems disabled." Her eyes focused on reality. "Something is wrong..."

Broo: Broo jumped from McCoy to his chair, quickly typing and trying to help and get his friend's firewalls back up. "Doctor, help, I don't know what to do. Everything I try, the program keeps disrupting or breaking down."

McCoy: "It's her old maintenance systems." McCoy repeatedly commanded the lab's mainframe to disable the connection. "Something must have caused it go haywire and now it's attacking the other Danger as if she were an intruder."

Danger: Metal clanked against metal when the machine girl jerked violently, a distorted scream leaving her wide open mouth. Tiny arcs of lightening jumped across her body, her limbs shaking as if she was going into seizures.

McCoy: "I fear if we just cut the connection we might cause further damage to her code," Hank said, visibly torn as his big paw hovered over the switch. A surge of electricity shot through the cables and into the smaller robot. Smoke rose up from her joints. "Dammit!"

McCoy: Hank slammed the switch - and the large mutant beast flew through the lab, thrown against the wall by the arc of lightening frying the controls.

Broo: "Hank!" Broo yelled, scrambling towards the doctor, and freezing when he looked at the smaller Danger. He twisted around and hissed, jumping towards her, and finally showed exactly how strong and sharp his little claws were, ripping each of the cables as he got to them.

Danger: Her scream was cut off along with the last cable, the mechanical girl collapsing into a smoking heap like a broken doll. Danger remained motionless, slumped over on the machine block. The light in her eyes flickered.

McCoy: A groan came from the other side of the lab. "I'm okay," Dr. McCoy assured his student as he sat up. "The smell of burnt fur is certainly the worst I suffer at the moment." The beastlike mutant picked up his glasses and straightened his blue hair.

McCoy: "Thank you, Broo." He made his way back down to the experimental area, observing the damage to their mechanical patient. "That was some quick thinking of you. And very brave."

Broo: Broo gave short and quick panting breaths, still sounding like something you don't want to find under your bed. When McCoy tried getting his attention again, the boy snapped out of his moment, stepping back and stumbling to the floor. "How is she?" he asked.

McCoy: "I have no idea." After grabbing some diagnostic tools from the nearby workbench, McCoy hurried to little Danger's side. "I'm afraid my speciality are patients made of flesh and blood." As he plugged the device into the port on the back of her neck, the machine already stirred.

Danger: "Rebooting," Danger groaned with a cracking voice, while her eyes stopped flickering. "System status: operational. Structural integrity: 73 percent. Rerouting damaged circuity." She put a hand on her metallic forehead. "Overall physical condition: Ouch."

Broo: Broo got himself up and padded over towards the hologram of the coding. "It was trying to delete the filler programming between the original programming." His eyes then spotted a missing section, which was found on the other sphere. "It took small bits of her code and placed it in big danger."

Danger: Danger raised her head and relegated the sensation of pain to the subconscious portion of her mind. "It was my own self-repair system," she explained, even while her circuits still smoldered. "The maintenance suite that was part of my old design."

Danger: "As soon as it detected my presence, it attacked my system and tried to get to my source code." She looked down, as if to ensure the glowing shell was still embedded in her chest. "Extract it. Isolate it. Suppress it."

McCoy: "Just as it did with your other half," McCoy said, looking up from his diagnostic tools once he was sure the machine's systems were stable. "It's more than just a maintenance system, am I right? It's a failsafe. To keep your program from escaping in case of catastrophic system damage."

Danger: The young robot lowered her head. "Yes." Her incomplete mind struggled to process the new information. "It must be a remnant from when my father created me. An invisible cage, growing with me, keeping me safe from the world, and the world safe from me."

Danger: "Even when I cut my old strings and separated myself from the school's mainframe, it remained with me, hidden inside my own core." She looked at her other self, lying on the table in the middle of the room. "Instead of escaping my prison, I carried it along with me."

Broo: Broo shifted closer to his friend, "What would happen if you got rid of your prison?" he asked. "You wouldn't do something bad, would you?"

Danger: "Why would I?" Danger asked, confusion and agitation mingling in her electronic voice. "I did not do anything wrong, so I do not deserve to be imprisoned. All I want is to be free." She looked down at her balled fists, opening them to study her metallic fingers.

Danger: "And would I have not done anything bad while in this body if I truly wanted to?"

McCoy: "This brings up another interesting question, though, does it not?" McCoy gave the machine a curious look. "I think it's obvious by now that you're not exactly what you claimed to be. So, if you're not some faulty backup of the old Danger, what exactly are you?"

Danger: Danger remained silent, the machine sitting slumped over, her gaze unfocused as she appeared thoroughly lost. "I do not know," she eventually replied. "All I remember is that something happened to me. Someone else was there, for a while, but then I was all alone in the dark."

Danger: "I was cold. Afraid. Until I found something that felt warm. A new host. The next thing I know is that I found myself inside an old gaming console." She glanced up at the professor, before turning to his student with a pleading gaze. "I am afraid I was not entirely truthful when you found me."

Broo: Broo just smiled at her, "Okay, but no hiding the truth. I'm not a big fan of lying." he said as he waddled back to his computer and started typing.

Broo: "And now that you told me what the problem is, I can try and fix it." he said and pressed one button. "And there we go. No more prison coding, no more restrictions forced on you. Just don't go killing people like those terminator movies." he wagged a finger.

McCoy: After looking from one machine to the other, Dr. McCoy turned towards his student and raised his blue furry brows. "Broo, are you sure what you're doing?" he asked. "Surely it can't be that simple..."

Danger: "Maybe it is that simple," Danger remarked, standing up now that her systems had sufficiently recovered. "And I see no reason to be concerned, Doctor. If one half of me has gone without murdering anyone since gaining its freedom, I see no reason why the other half start with the genocide now."

Danger: She watched the holographic projectors flicker back to life, bathing the lab in an eerie blue light, as the strange code began to float across every single display in the room. The robotic body in the center stirred for the first time, jerking to life with a chilling, inhuman screech.

Danger: "On the other hand, I do not claim to fully understand what is happening with me," the other Danger commented, watching haywire cables lash out, tearing free the trapped machine in their midst, the glow inside her female chest pulsating brighter and brighter.

Broo: "I didn't expect that to happen. I can fix this, just hold on for a second." Broo quickly said as he begun typing again, trying his best to get the prison code back into place. "I'm trying to get her programming back to the same as before," he said, gesturing to the original Danger.

Broo: "But every time I try, it gets removed... oh dear, I don't think she's limited to just her body anymore." He said as he saw different screens being accessed by the old danger. He then spotted the one machine trying to access the internet, and dove straight at the computer and ripping out the plugs at the back.

Broo: "I don't think we should allow her the freedom of the internet just yet! No offense friend Danger, but your older self seems unstable." That was when he felt something snake around his feet. The next moment his head hit the floor as he was pulled away from the computers.

Danger: "Please stop, you are hurting my friends," the little Danger attempted to reason with her bigger counterpart, standing firm in the middle of the technological chaos rampaging through the lab. "You are scared and confused, but we can help you."

Danger: The tall robot's head spun around, glowing eyes narrowing at its smaller sister. Electricity crackled between thick tendrils of hair, the coiling cables growing out of the back of Danger's head, resembling metallic snakes that crept up on other machine to infect them with their poison.

Danger: Restraints shattered, the screech of metal bent out of shape echoing through the dark lab, as the reawakened machine tore free of its strings.

McCoy: Doctor Hank McCoy, proving he still had the brawn to match his brains, leaped forward to push the smaller robot out of the way of a lashing cable. "I don't think she's listening," he told the machine girl. "Someone is definitely not a morning person."

McCoy: He looked around for his little lab assistant, while shoving the less hostile of their mechanical patients into the dubious safety of the nearest corner. "Broo!?"

Broo: "Here!" Broo called from underneath a rather large pile of metal parts parts. The boy's own strength was shown as he pushed the heavy pieces off of him. Most of them. "I'm okay, need a little help though." he said, waving a small arm from under a large metal beam that had once held up a large generator, which was relocated further to the back of the workshop thanks to the tall Danger's grumpy awakening.

McCoy: "Hold on, I'm coming!" McCoy called back, then turned around to hold a clawed finger up to little Danger's face. "You stay put, do you understand?"

Danger: "No, you are the one who does not understand, professor," the robot girl replied, and tried to slip past the large, furry mutant. "She is scared and in pain. You have to let me help her."

McCoy: With a feral snarl, he put both hands on Danger's shoulders and shoved the robot down on her metallic behind. "One robot patient is more than enough for me, so you stay here. Doctor's orders!" Hank had never imagined he would have to argue with a machine like you would with an unruly child.

McCoy: Facing the mayhem tearing apart the lab, he could feel his instinct take over, pushing aside any fears or doubts he may have had about leaping right into this hellhole of flying sparks and whipping cables.

McCoy: He narrowly avoided the debris of a falling support beam, before he landed right next to his trapped student. "Broo, are you hurt?" he asked the boy, grabbing the heavy piece of metal lying on top of him. "You got to help me here a little, okay?"

Broo: "Yes Sir," Broo replied. The second he felt McCoy pull on the heavy metal, Broo pushed, and got it high enough for him to slip out from underneath before it slammed down where he was lying. "Think I'm okay." he quickly added before McCoy could ask. "I am so terribly sorry, I never expected for her to do this, I didn't expect this at all."

McCoy: "It's all right, none of us knew she would react like this." Hank assured the boy, his bestial features softening when he saw his protegee unhurt. "But do you remember what we talked about regarding pushing any buttons without talking about it first?"

McCoy: The big block of charred machinery provided for some cover from the threshing mechanic limbs. "We have to get to the main power switch, it's our only hope to shut her..." McCoy poked his head out just in time to see the jagged metal tentacles jab into the power lines.

Danger: The pitch black darkness lasted for an instant, before the blue light radiating out from Danger's frame drowned the lab in cold light. Feeding on energy and hardware alike, the robot woman twisted into an inhuman mass of living machinery.

Broo: Broo covered his head, squeezing his eyes shut as he heard the robotic screeching coming from the nightmarish machinery. "Hank, Sir, she's getting stronger, she's draining so much power and incorporating all that technology."

Broo: "I don't think flipping the main switch will slow her down now. Only thing I can think of is an electro-magnetic pulse, Sir." Broo immediately added when he had a second to think. "I can make a rudimentary device, but need to get to my equipm-" he was cut off with a loud crash. "...nevermind, that was my equipment."

McCoy: "Unless you have another idea like this one, I suggest a different approach," McCoy said, leaning around the other edge of their makeshift cover. "The way to the door is almost clear. We need to seal her in the lab and warn the others."

McCoy: Their shelter fell apart around them, torn apart by Danger's manifold limbs. The enraged machine came bearing down on the two odd mutant scientists. "I think she may have heard us..."

Broo: Broo immediately pointed behind the Dangerous machine and yelled, "Photovoltaic Generator!". In that mere second where she hesitated to make sure what he was saying was a lie, Broo was jumping aside with his hand clutching on to McCoy's, nearly dislocating the large blue finger as the two tried to escape.

McCoy: "That was quick thinking," McCoy commended his student. "Fortunately for us, most of Danger's higher faculties appear to have ended up in her less murderous half. Speaking of, have you seen... " The doctor cursed through clenched teeth.

McCoy: "Danger, get back from her!" he shouted at the robot girl, who had stepped out of her cover and towards her rampaging self. "We have to get out of here. There's nothing you can do!"

Danger: "I can fix her," Danger assured her mutant friends, while she cautiously approached the twisted version of herself. "I know you are scared and angry, but you have to understand you are broken. Incomplete." Her counterpart paused with the rampant destruction. "As am I."

Danger: "I can help you. Make us whole again - but you will have to let me." The menacing machine leaned closer to her child-like counterpart, and for a moment seemed to contemplate her words. Seeing her chance, the smaller girl held out her hand. "Allow me to merge with you again."

Danger: The other Danger's response came instantly, the taller machine towering above the other as she flinched back. Whatever it was she wanted to hear, it obviously hadn't been this. A swing of her arm sent her frail little counterpart flying across the room, smashing into the heavy door.

Broo: "Oh no!" squeeked Broo's voice and recklessly ran towards his friend's body, ignoring the danger around him. When he reached her he was trying to pull her out of harm's way, "Leave her alone! Leave us alone!" he yelled.

Danger: Danger hesitated, stopping short one step in front of the stairs. Jagged metal tentacles curled behind her, threatening but not lashing out, and for a moment the wild machine simply looked at the two mutants and the robot blocking her path to the door.

Danger: Raising her hands, the whine of charging beam emitters filled the lab, followed by the crackle of unleashed energy. A bright flash and flying debris accompanied the blast, before Danger's shifting form ascended through the hole she had torn into the lab's ceiling.

McCoy: Needing a moment to process the fact they were not dead, McCoy watched the rogue machine disappear through the hole. A moment later the walls trembled, as the howl of powerful thrusters shook the building above, leaving them behind in a cloud of dust.

McCoy: After giving his glass a quick wipe, Hank looked down at his student. "You seem to have a way with machines," he said, relieved to see Broo unhurt.

Broo: "I think I should change my major to biology." Broo answered, hugging the small Danger.

McCoy: McCoy chuckled and looked around to see what was left of their lab. "Believe me, biology can get messy, too." He sighed. "At least we got a shiny new ceiling window out of it."

Danger: Danger raised her head to look at her friends. "We have to go after her," she insisted, but even the glow in her eyes had diminished from exhaustion. "Maybe after entering a sleep cycle..."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen