11/3 Instance: Thanks for the Pesterings

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/3 Instance: Thanks for the Pesterings

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a few days before Rampaging Nord

<Hope> Hope flipped through the channels on the TV, bored and restless. She'd lost track of how long Chris was gone. One day just seemed to run into another. She sighed and leaned back, settling on some police drama.

<Shaw> Sebastian's lip was already curled in distaste long before he caught scent of the trailer parked not far from the main buildings. Tony had been entirely unhelpful, telling him if he wanted to talk to Hope he could find her himself. Once he got within range, he could sense her inside. Hope? he tried, opting to warn her before pounding on the door.

<Hope> She shuddered at the mind inside her own and pushed back at it. Inside.

<Shaw> He smirked. "Well, hello to you, too," he called, stepping up and testing the door. It was unlocked, and he wondered where the hell her guards were.

<Hope> "Hey." She turned off the tv and tossed the remote aside. "What brings you here?"

<Shaw> "You." He took in the trailer, nose wrinkled, then gave her a pointed look.

<Hope> Hope gave him a look back. "What about me?"

<Shaw> "Well, I wanted to say hello." He ventured over to the sofa she sat on and, after giving it a long, surveying look, lowered himself to the seat. When it didn't collapse, he heaved a sigh of relief and smirked at her.

<Hope> "Well you did that," she pointed out, turning just a little to face him better.

<Shaw> "I did." Sebastian slouched back into the seat and relaxed. "And I found you here."

<Hope> "Well... not like I'm hard to find these days," How long was he planning on staying?

<Shaw> He tried another tack. "How are you?"

<Hope> Hope laughed and grinned. "Oh I'm fantastic. My boyfriend is God only knows where, I lost my baby, and now I get to sit here and talk about my feelings. How are yooooooou?"

<Shaw> Sebastian just raised an eyebrow. "Must we really go through this every time?"

<Hope> "You asked," Hope dug around for the remote.

<Shaw> "That's not what I mean and you know it." He sighed and if anything made himself more comfortable. "This song and dance of you throwing your defenses at me for no discernible reason."

<Hope> "Maybe I don't feel like crying all over you every time you walk through the door?"

<Shaw> "If that would help." He flashed his teeth in a grin. "Just let me take off my jacket first."

<Hope> Hope smiled a little and mashed her fist against his shoulder instead. "No. It won't help." Nothing helped.

<Shaw> "Ouch," he deadpanned, his grin widening. "Did that help? I enjoyed it."

<Hope> "I bet you did, pervert." She grinned and laughed at him.

<Shaw> "So, while I am here to visit my favorite Stark - which, by the by, don't tell your father that," he added with a smirk. "I wanted to ask you a question."

<Hope> "I won't tell Tony. It'd fry his little brain that he wasn't the favorite," she told him with a small smile. "What's up?"

<Shaw> Sebastian took a deep fortifying breath. "Do you have plans for Thanksgiving?"

<Hope> Hope gave him a horrified look. "Yes."

<Shaw> To his surprise, the relief was followed by just a smidge of guilt. "Truly?"

<Hope> "A bottle of scotch and my long lost father. And Chinese takeout. Yep. Good plans."

<Shaw> "I told Jessica you likely had plans with Tony. She's making Thanksgiving dinner."

<Hope> "See? You know how Starks roll." Hope gave him a smile, relieved she wouldn't have to endure that meal.

<Shaw> "It promises to be... quite the affair." He chuckled to himself. "We have a surprise and possibly semi-permanent houseguest."

<Hope> "Oh yeah? Who?" Hope went to the fridge to get some ice and scotch for them.

<Shaw> "Shinobi." His head flopped to the backrest of the sofa with a thunk and a tiny jolt of energy.

<Hope> "And how's the little wifey taking that?" Hope asked, putting ice into two glasses.

<Shaw> "Oh, she wants to adopt him," he said to the ceiling.

<Hope> Laughing, Hope grinned and poured the scotch. "Sounds like a big, happy family."

<Shaw> "Oh yes." The sound of alcohol piqued his interest and he grinned. "It was Sarkissian who relieved SHIELD of custody and dropped him, semi-conscious on my sofa."

<Hope> Hope stared at him for a moment. "You call the psychopath by her name and not Viper?"

<Shaw> "Yes, because she rejects her name and wants to be known as Viper. Why should I comply with her wishes?" His grin turned predatory.

<Hope> Hope rolled her eyes. "I don't know why you haven't just killed her yet."

<Shaw> "I tried and it didn't seem to take," he complained, head rolling sideways to survey the arm of the sofa. "And now, she's proved useful and unlikely to work against me - at least openly."

<Hope> "You are all nuts," Hope pointed out, returning to him with the two glasses of scotch and offering him one.

<Shaw> "Says a Stark." Sebastian thanked her for the glass as he took it and buried his nose inside to savor the scent.

<Hope> "That's how you know you're nuts... when you look nuts to us."

<Shaw> "I suppose that's true enough." He clinked his glass to hers with a smirk and took a sip.

<Hope> "Of course it is." Hope clinked back. "We Starks are very perceptive."

<Shaw> "Especially when properly lubricated." He gently sloshed the glass at her and took another sip. "So, Shinobi still believes I'm his well-preserved father, and he's incessantly sniffing around Jessica."

<Hope> "Eww. Punch him in the face. Or I can. I'd love to."

<Shaw> "Well, that would spice up Thanksgiving dinner."

<Hope> Laughing, Hope clinked her glass against his again. "Jessica won't be pleased, but she rarely is with me. I can take it."

<Shaw> It took him a moment to stop chuckling. "Oh, she'd definitely be more angry with me for encouraging it."

<Hope> "Only if you told her," Hope nodded at him.

<Shaw> He sighed. "As tempted as I am, I have promised to give Shinobi a chance at... well, redemption, I suppose."

<Hope> "Well I didn't make such a promise. If he keeps hitting on your wife, I'll take him down."

<Shaw> "My hero," he deadpanned and gave their glasses yet another clink.

<Hope> "Well I need something productive to do," she told him shrugging.

<Shaw> "I know." Sebastian traced a finger around the rim of the glass, watching the light reflect off the amber liquid. "I still have people working on your situation, of course."

<Hope> "Thank you." At least he could help with some of her problems.

<Shaw> "Of course." He gave her a small smile.

<Hope> Hope took a sip of her scotch and sighed. "I'm so tired of things sucking."

<Shaw> "Well, one thing is looking up, as soon we shall travel to London and assume real control of the Lords Cardinal of the Hellfire Club." He sipped his own. "I want you by my side when we do, Little Stark."

<Hope> "Always," she promised with a nod.

<Shaw> "Thank you." He shifted his glass to his other hand and reached over to take hers and give it a squeeze.

<Hope> "That's what family's for right?" She squeezed back.

<Shaw> "Indeed." His lips twitched. "We won't count Shinobi."

<Hope> "He is a pest. I'm not counting him as family either."

<Shaw> "He would love the opportunity to slaver over you as well, I'm sure." Perhaps Jessica was right and it was genetic. He considered this for just a moment before he gave up and turned to his scotch.

<Hope> "He's welcome to do that. I will get enjoyment from shutting him down."

<Shaw> "Feel free to drop by any time then, because I would enjoy it just as much as you."

<Hope> "Tempting... very tempting. Just not on Thanksgiving." Hope smiled and clinked her glass against his. "And we have a deal."