11/7 Instance: Full Disclosure

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

11/7 Instance: Full Disclosure

Post by Svartfreja »

After [Instance]Defrosting the Squirrel.

<Shaw> He listened to the women talk upstairs for a time, water running in the kitchen, then movement as Jess took her to a bedroom, more talking... After a while, Sebastian gave up on waiting and tried to fall back asleep.

<Jessica> Some time later, Doreen had finally gone to sleep so Jess closed the door quietly and sneaked back down stairs, finding the blanket she left in the hallway and taking it with her into the nursery where she curled up in the rocker under the blanket and lay her head on her plush spider.

<Shaw> The movement outside the bedroom door roused him from a light doze and he listened to Jess go into the nursery. When she didn't exit it again, he sighed and threw back the covers to get up.

<Jessica> Jess was on the edge of a doze and didn't hear the door, her sleepy vision fixed on the duckies on the wall paper. They were so cute.

<Shaw> He found her wrapped up in a blanket in the rocking chair, and she looked asleep. Her mind was relaxed in the link and he sighed quietly, not wanting to disturb her now. Sebastian watched her slow breathing.

<Jessica> Growing vaguely aware of the other presence in the room, Jess jerked awake, the spider sliding off her shoulder and onto the floor. "Oh!" he'd startled her a bit.

<Shaw> "Sorry," he said softly, and squatted beside her to pick up her plush spider. "I didn't mean to startle you."

<Jessica> "It's okay..." she held out a hand for the spider, "I didn't want to wake you again..."

<Shaw> "I would sleep better if you came to bed with me." He gave her the spider and lingered to smooth the blanket.

<Jessica> "I thought you'd be asleep already... and I like it in here now..." it wasn't so painful to be in there now that it was full of baby things again and all ready.

<Shaw> "All right." He levered himself back and sat against the wall, just beneath the duckie border. "It is nice in here... it looks welcoming." Sebastian leant his head against the cold plaster.

<Jessica> "Yeah..." she offered a sleepy smile, stretching her arms over her head and uncurling her legs, "You can't sleep on the floor..."

<Shaw> "I can, if this is where you wish to stay." He relaxed and laced his fingers together over his stomach.

<Jessica> "It's okay... bed's probably more comfortable than the chair anyway... unless you're mad at me and don't want me to sleep in the bed... are you mad at me?" She was getting very bad at telling lately.

<Shaw> Sebastian closed his eyes and stretched as well. "I'm too tired to be angry, Jess. Of course I want you in our bed." He sighed and shifted slightly, cracking one eye to look up at her in the pre-dawn light. "But I was worried," he said quietly.

<Jessica> "I'm sorry... I didn't think you were awake and I knew I wasn't going to be out that long so I thought it better not to wake you up..." She got up out of the chair and put the blanket down where she'd been sitting, offering him her hand.

<Shaw> Taking the hand, he rose without her help. Sebastian brought her hand to his mouth and pressed his lips to her knuckles. "I realize I've been angry fairly often over the last several weeks." He swallowed and watched her face, nuzzling her hand. "It's no wonder you don't wish to tell me things."

<Jessica> "I didn't want to worry you... or give you more reasons to be mad at me... and, I know my limits. I know when I need help and when I don't... I'd like to think you trust me to make my own decisions. I'm pregnant, yes, but I'm not an idiot."

<Shaw> "I trust you, but I worry and it's something I can't help, but I am trying to control."

<Jessica> "I know... I know you worry, I worry about you too and it's because I love you. I worry about a lot of people... and I can't help them, the only thing I can do is try not to add to the burden with silly little things that I can handle on my own. Everyone has enough to worry about, the least I can do is take care of myself."

<Shaw> "And this is a silly little thing?" He nodded toward the room where the young girl was sleeping.

<Jessica> Jess looked up as though she could see through the two floors between them, "Not for her... but it's something I know how to handle. I've done this before..."

<Shaw> "What happened to her? I heard... some." Sebastian laced their fingers and led her back to their bedroom, closing the door behind him.

<Jessica> "She was in a bar, drinking with some guys... they drugged her, you can guess the rest." She let him lead her to the bed and sat down on it to take off her shoes.

<Shaw> He nodded. "And she called you? I wasn't aware you were particularly close to the girl." He too looked up toward the ceiling and her room as he joined her on the bed.

<Jessica> "We're not that close... but the other week I spoke to her about some stuff... tried to help. I suppose she appreciated that... and she doesn't really have any friends."

<Shaw> Rubbing his hands over his face, he again nodded. "She should see a doctor, but I'm sure she would resist that. Does she want to return to the school?"

<Jessica> "I don't know... I didn't want to push tonight. I gave her the option of coming back here and she accepted, she showered, ate some food and feels better enough to sleep. That's the best we can hope for at the moment. I'll talk to her tomorrow..." She recaptured his hand, "I can do this."

<Shaw> He kissed her hand and moved onto the bed, urging her along with him. "I know you can." Letting go long enough to arrange the blankets, he gave her a slight smile. "You do like taking in strays."

<Jessica> "I know... I can't help myself..." she was still in her clothes but too sleepy really to get undressed so she curled up under the blankets with him, "But I think I know what I want to do now."

<Shaw> "Want to do?" Sebastian curled himself around her, his hand resting on her belly. This was much better, and he closed his eyes and relaxed.

<Jessica> "Yeah... for in the future... like a job." She rested her hand on his.

<Shaw> "Oh?" He brushed his nose and mouth over her hair and nuzzled in just below her ear.

<Jessica> "Mmhmm... I'm going to teach all the fast food junkies at that school how to cook balanced meals.... and cake because everyone likes cake."

<Shaw> Mindful he was right beside her sensitive ear, he restrained his laughter to a muffled, surprised chuckle. "I think that would suit you, yes." He gave her a squeeze and was rewarded with a kick from the baby.

<Jessica> "It's safe, relatively, and I'll enjoy it... and so will the baby when she's old enough to mash her hands into cake mix."

<Shaw> "It's a good plan, love. Although, you haven't managed to teach me much."

<Jessica> "Well I don't have to teach you, you have me. But those kids have to feed themselves sooner or later."

<Shaw> "I do have you." He breathed her in and smiled.

<Jessica> "Yes you do. And we both have you." She turned her head to nuzzle him gently.

<Shaw> For a moment, he just brushed their noses together, teasingly, before finally kissing her.

<Jessica> She smiled in the kiss, brushing the backs of her finges over his cheek lightly, Okay, I need to sleep.

<Shaw> He broke the kiss. "I know, but one more thing." Taking a deep breath, he went on. "It's not as if I want to keep tabs on your every move, but please..." He frowned. "You kept asking Sarkissian to locate Nord to yourself as well, and I don't want you to think you need to keep secrets from me."

<Jessica> "I don't... I just... sometimes I think you have enough to worry about with all the Hellfire stuff and Shinobi and Hope... I want to keep a few things off your plate... I know you worry, I don't want you to worry about things that you can't do anything about."

<Shaw> Sebastian was quiet as he thought about this.

<Jessica> "And now you're wondering if there's something else, aren't you?"

<Shaw> "If there is, now would be the time to tell me, Jessie."

<Jessica> She sighed, "Viper has one of the original brood in a house near the school and Broo's been studying it... him."

<Shaw> If he overreacted to this news, she would never tell him anything again. "I see..."

<Jessica> "She told us the whole story... about how she saved Broo's life. It was them... he came from them not the other way around like everyone thinks. I can understand Broo wanting to study where he came from..."

<Shaw> "I long suspected he was genetically engineered from something else," he finally said, blowing out a long breath. "So, where did Sarkissian acquire the brood in the first place? Did she create them?"

<Jessica> "No, but she'd be flattered you thought she could have. They came from space, apparently."

<Shaw> Sebastian pushed himself up on his elbow to look down at her in utter shock. "....space."

<Jessica> "Yeah... some sort of meteor..." she yawned, "Can we talk about this tomorrow?"

<Shaw> "Of course," he said, shaking himself and settling back down to hold her close. But, he had to know. "Is that all?"

<Jessica> "I... I think so..." she frowned, not really sure herself. It was hard to keep track of secrets sometimes. "If I think of anything when I have a well rested brain, I'll let you know..."

<Shaw> "Fair enough." He kissed her shoulder. "My brother-in-law is an alien. It sounds like a terrible sitcom."

<Jessica> "Part alien, the rest of him is still human, mutant too. Viper confirmed that much." She rolled over to face him, "Now, go to sleep."

<Shaw> Sebastian closed his eyes and pretended to do so.

<Jessica> She shuffled closer and pressed a kiss to the end of his nose before she settled her head on her pillow and closed her own eyes, "Good night, Sebastian."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6