11/22 Instance: Let it Go

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/22 Instance: Let it Go

Post by Slarti »

Timelined concurrent to Grr Argh

<Paige> Ripley had gotten better about sleeping when Bobby was away, but the one surefire way to get her down was with her favorite movie. Paige had it covered. The girls were in their warm matching pink jammies, all curled up in Paige and Bobby's bed. A small bowl of popcorn sat beside Paige while she sipped on some hot chocolate, smiling down at Ripley drinking her 'hot' chocolate with marshmallows.

<Paige> As soon as the song in the movie started, Paige started singing along, Ripley singing along with her as best she could. "Do you wanna build a snowmaaaaan?"

<Bobby> Bobby had been building snowmen all week. Well, not literally, but close enough. So, when he heard this as he came in the door, he snickered to himself. Awwwwww. Time to sneak.

<Paige> Paige and Ripley continued to sing along with Anna. "Or ride our bikes around the haaaall!"

<Bobby> He slid his pack into the room and closed the door, then tiptoed to the door to listen in.

<Paige> "I think some company is overdue, I've started talking to the pictures on the wall! Hang in there Joan!" Paige had to pause to take a sip of her hot chocolate and give Ripley tickles.

<Bobby> Grinning to himself, he started to make it snow in the room - just a few fat, fluffy flakes.

<Paige> The girls continued to sing, up until the sad part in that song. Paige distracted Ripley by throwing popcorn at her, which made the little girl squeal. Neither of them noticed the snowflakes in the room.

<Bobby> They were really into the movie, so Bobby upped the ante and sped up the snowfall.

<Paige> "Elsa!" Ripley squealed, clapping at the snow.

<Paige> "Yes, El....sa...." Paige held out her hand as a snowflake fell gently onto her finger. What in the world?

<Bobby> "Not quite!" Bobby laughed, swirling into the room and picking up the song in the movie. He grinned and stopped at the foot of the bed and bowed. "Hey, look! It's my favorite girls!"

<Bobby> Ripley yelled a happy "Daddy!" and vaulted herself at him. Bobby caught her with an oof.

<Paige> "Bobberz!" Paige followed Ripley, careful of how she pounced on Bobby so as to not squish their child.

<Bobby> "Paigey!" He managed to kiss her cheek but not much more with the squirming toddler in his arms.

<Paige> "You uh, have a good time camping? In the snow?" Paige nuzzled Bobby's cheek, just content to have him home.

<Bobby> "Uuuuugh, yeah, it was great what with the Stark angst." He worked an arm free to sling around Paige and squeezed her. "Let it go!"

<Paige> His family sang along with him. "Let it go!!!"

<Bobby> He giggled and carefully put Ripley down. She was distracted by the movie again when Elsa came onscreen, so he let her go and turned to give Paige a proper greeting hug and kiss.

<Paige> That was one way to distract Paige. She slid her arms around Bobby to hold him close, running a hand through his hair. She didn't even mind the woodsmoke smell. It reminded her of a bonfire.

<Bobby> When they came up for air, he brushed his nose against hers. "Sorry, i probably need a shower. But hi!"

<Paige> "You really do," Paige giggled at him, but didn't let him go. "But you just got home... five more minutes?" She kissed the tip of his nose.

<Bobby> "I think I can manage that." He grinned brightly and scooped her up to spin around and flop onto the bed beside Ripley. She thought this was great fun and pounced them both with a squeak.

<Paige> Paige let out a squeal and a squeak of surprise. "Yay, Daddy's home!" she told Ripley as she held on tightly to Bobby.

<Bobby> "Daddy's home!" Ripley repeated, burrowing in between them.

<Paige> That made Paige's heart melt a little. She kissed the top of Ripley's head and shifted enough to get comfortable. "Missed you," she whispered to Bobby when Elsa came back on the TV.

<Bobby> "I missed you too, babe." He snuggled her close, but wasn't at all disappointed when Elsa recaptured Ripley's attention and the toddler army crawled back over to the edge of the bed to watch.

<Paige> Paige closed her eyes and snuggled close to her smelly Bobby. "Did you at least have some fun?"

<Bobby> "We didn't get eaten by bears?" He shot her a grin. "Miiiiight have eaten one. When Hope starts killing things you don't ask what she's burning over the campfire."

<Paige> Paige laughed and sighed a bit. "Did it taste good at least?"

<Bobby> His face got very serious and he shook his head slowly in an emphatic no.

<Paige> "Awwww, Bobberz! How about some popcorn? I'll make you a fresh cup of hot chocolate."

<Bobby> "....are there marshmallows? I would kill for a marshmallow about now." His expression got a bit mantic.

<Paige> Paige popped half of a marshmallow into her mouth quickly, grin in place around it.

<Bobby> "Ooooh." Bobby gently tackled her down. "Mine!" He laughed and kissed her to make good on that promise.

<Paige> Laughing around kisses and marshmallows, Paige shared it with him, then gave him a sticky sweet kiss on the nose. "It looks really pretty in here with the snow."

<Bobby> "Yeah," he said, settling down from his own giggles and licking his lips. Mmmm, marshmallow.... "It's a winter wonderland, like Alaska, which, noooo thank you. But I'll take it with this company." He jiggled her a bit.

<Paige> That earned him a bit of a squeal. "The best kind of winter wonderland! This one comes with the sexiest man alive!"

<Bobby> "Quick, get me on a magazine cover!" He struck a pose, unfortunately it was a bit of Blue Steel.

<Paige> "Ooooo! It gets better!"

<Bobby> Bobby shook his head, laughing, and flopped onto his back to look at the television, then at Ripley. She was fast asleep. "Sugar crash?"

<Paige> "You have caught onto my secrets," Paige giggled at him. She kissed him gently before moving to pick up Ripley and take her to her own bed.

<Bobby> He sat up to follow her, but then glanced at the screen. Elsa. She was icing. ....yeah... it was somehow wrong for him to be that attracted to a cartoon...

<Paige> With snuggles and kisses, Paige carefully carried their toddler to her own pink bedroom, not at all distracted by Elsa. She smiled at the room, the memory of Bobby surprising her with it coming back. Even before they were a couple, he was always looking out for her.

<Bobby> Soon, Bobby was humming along to the song and staring at the movie with the same wide eyes as his daughter. Yeah... she was hot. And he liked that castle. He hadn't made a castle in a long time!

<Paige> As Paige came back into the room, that look was not lost on her. Rather than make her jealous, it gave her an idea. She hurried back into Ripley's room and began to look for something she had been working on to show Ripley.

<Paige> Locating it, putting it on, and braiding her hair took maybe five minutes. Queen ElsaPaige reemerged from the room, closing Ripley's door behind her. "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

<Bobby> He hadn't realized how long she'd been gone until he heard her voice and realized he was practically drooling over a fictional character. "You know I bet I could pull off an Ola...whoa." The marshmallow he'd found and filched dropped from his hand. "Wow..."

<Paige> The smile was way obvious on her face as she turned in her blue sparkly gown for him. "How do I look?"

<Bobby> "....like a princess." Bobby was afraid he wasn't going to be very graceful getting off the bed, but for once the suave was in his favor and he made it to his feet. He reached for her hand.

<Paige> Smile still in place, Paige reached out her hand to his, moving to meet him halfway. "Your princess?"

<Bobby> "My princess..." He grinned and lifted their hands to give her a spin. "My ice queen."

<Paige> The dancing queen moved gracefully in his arms, as she always did when they danced. "My Ice King..."

<Bobby> Bobby grinned and looked up at the ceiling, picking up the snowfall just a bit while they danced to the movie.

<Paige> Paige giggled a little and moved closer to Bobby where she could rest her head against him and watch the snow fall. Content and happy, she smiled to herself. "Welcome home."

<Bobby> "Good to be back." He gave her a squeeze while they swayed to the music, his own eyes closed. Paige was awesome. Something else that was awesome? "Tomorrow? We're going out for tacos."

<Paige> Laughing, Paige nodded. "Tacos it is!"

<Bobby> He sighed happily. "Now I'm home."