11/22 Instance: Gargoyle Petting Zoo

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/22 Instance: Gargoyle Petting Zoo

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day or two after Good Morning Sunshine

<Christopher> Chris paced back and forth in front of the glass trying to thing of something to occupy himself since Hope wasn't there for him to talk to. He had basically begged her to go get herself some food and a shower. Promising her that he'd still be there when she got back, especially since he wasn't able to leave.

<Bobby> It was eerie how often he'd had to do this. Maybe he should write a book? Bobby headed down the hall, singing softly underneath his breath to try to take his mind off where he was going and why. "Candles red I have a pair... shadows dancing everywhere..." Then he realized what he was singing and stopped himself.

<Christopher> Chris eventually sat down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling trying hard again to get his vision to focus. "What the hell did you get yourself into Chris, you fucking idiot."

<Bobby> He detoured and picked up a couple of sodas on his way to the medlab. Too bad it couldn't be something stronger. Once in the lab, he popped up and knocked on the glass. "Hey, what's up?"

<Christopher> "Oh hey?" Chris waved his clawed hand at Bobby. "Still surprised how normal you find all this shit." Chris moved his fingers around making a horrible scraping noise. "What the hell have you been through man?"

<Bobby> "I've seeeen things man. Once seen cannot be unseen." He widened his eyes and grinned, although the expression didn't quite reach his eyes. "So, drink?" He let himself into the room.

<Christopher> "Uhmm sure?" Chris carefully reached out for the drink to take it from Bobby. He had to be extremely careful not to slice into the bottle. "Thanks. Don't let Hope know she can just come in.... She'll never leave. It's not healthy for her."

<Bobby> "She's a Stark. If it doesn't do anything healthy." He shrugged and popped open his own drink, finding a rolling table to park his ass on.

<Christopher> "Took me an hour to get her to go get food and shower...." Chris was more worried about her than himself.

<Bobby> "Sounds normal, yeah." He shrugged and took a swig of sweet, sweet caffeine. "How are you... all... gargoyley and all?" Bobby waved a hand to indicate Chris' general condition. It was pretty fucking creepy if he really stopped to think about it.

<Christopher> "Same as I can tell. I can't really see, can't really handle anything." Chris just cut the top of the bottle since he couldn't get the top off even if he tried. "I haven't really changed much but Broo and McCoy got my mind back so I'm sure they can fix me."

<Bobby> Bobby decided not to break his possible bubble there, so he swigged more soda. "Yeah... they're miracle workers."

<Christopher> "Yeah I'm about as skeptical as you too. But Hope needs me to be strong...." Chris took a drink of the soda. "Still can't barely taste anything."

<Bobby> "You know... we're going to have to do the debrief at some point." He rolled the cart back and forth under his ass a bit to entertain himself. "What do you remember?"

<Christopher> "Nothing... I don't remember anything Bobby. This feels like the worst hangover I've ever had. All I've got is that I'm all fucked up and I can't see very well. This shit sucks ass. And apparently I look like a Halloween reject."

<Bobby> That made him stop the squeaky cart rolling and look up. "You haven't seen yourself?"

<Christopher> "Only what I can see in the reflection. But everything a few inches away is fuzzy."

<Bobby> Bobby frowned and waved his hand in front of Chris' face. "That makes no sense that they'd do... all this shit, but yet make your eyes worse."

<Christopher> "Hell if I know.... Apparently I can do a fuck ton of damage even without being able to see. Enough that I had to be depowered...." Chris sighed. He hated not having his powers, he felt weak and worthless.

<Bobby> "Yeah... that could be the problem. Can't see without the powers if they're all tied together now..." Bobby leaned forward and squinted at Chris, hard. The patterns of heat surrounding him were almost normal, but still... just enough off.

<Christopher> "Maybe I don't know what the hell whoever it was that did this to me did. I think they're still trying to figure out what happened. Wonder if the brass will even believe it wasn't me or just think I'm lying."

<Bobby> "Think what wasn't you?" He tried to follow this train of thought, rolling a little closer to the bed as he chugged some more soda.

<Christopher> "If it was me I definitely don't remember it.... I would hope that I wouldn't consciously do any of that. I can't even imagine all the blood that's on my hands now."

<Bobby> He was sure SHIELD would be happy to tell him. Bobby sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "They know it wasn't you." He paused, rolled his eyes. "Well, it was you, but you weren't at the helm of the Enterprise at the time, if you know what I mean."

<Christopher> "Great analogy. Which captain does that make me, cuz personally I prefer Picard."

<Bobby> "There you go - so if you're Picard, we'll just call this your Locutus period." He grinned. Finally satisfied with his position in the room, he brought both feet up onto the bottom shelf of the table and starting tapping out a tune with one foot.

<Christopher> "Welp I guess I have a little brightness there if they're not going to lock me away in a dark cell underground somewhere."

<Bobby> "Ha! Yeah, no. I wouldn't worry about that. Not really... I mean... like, half the school has had a killing spree." He coughed and shifted. "And SHIELD even lets presidential assassins out these days."

<Christopher> "Well shit, now I just have to worry about Hope's dad trying to get me put down. Or her adoptive father....." Clint sighed, all the ammo Shaw had to torture him with now.

<Bobby> "Well..." He took a sip of his drink and shook his head. "You might be onto something there, since the assassin is related to your girlfriend's creepy uncle."

<Christopher> "Shit... guess I'm fucked. Maybe I should ask them to keep me in here. Death by parental figure is something I expected from my dad not my girlfriend's."

<Bobby> "Naaah, she wouldn't let him off ya." He smiled, but realized Chris couldn't see it. "She was a fuckin' mess while you were gone." Wondering if he knew about the pregnancy, Bobby rubbed the back of his neck.

<Christopher> "Damn.... now I feel worse. I'm a fucking dick before I disappear. Then I'm gone and it's no better." Chris sighed. "Life's a bitch ain't it?"

<Bobby> "It sure can be, my friend. Sure as shit." He sighed. "What really sucks about all of this is that except for what that Viper bitch found, we really don't know who did this to you."

<Christopher> "Yeah, all I know is that they did some massive fucking with me. Sorry I put up such a fight. I'm just glad I didn't hurt any of you guys..."

<Bobby> "Naaaah, you're fine. I'm hard to kill, remember." Bobby grinned. "And so's Carol. Clint... well, he shot at you."

<Christopher> "Well damn... at least I don't have any holes in me." Chris took another drink of the soda. "Thanks for this. All I've had lately is water."

<Rogue> Rogue made the appropriate whooshy noise for the doors as she walked in, even if it wasn't even the same doors as they used to be. "Who's got holes?"

<Christopher> "Apparently one of the new kids was shooting at me." Chris waved at the new person since he couldn't really see who it was.

<Rogue> "Well that wasn't very nice o' 'em. Hope they got detention." She walked up and jumped on Bobby's back, kissing the top of his head, "Heya, Bugsy."

<Bobby> "Dollface!" Bobby oofed and caught her, laughing. "Eh, he had a good reason. It was Hope I was worried about." Oops...

<Christopher> "Didn't know Hope was there... Why the hell did you guys let her go with you. I could have killed her!"

<Rogue> Rogue laughed as the cart rolled a bit. "Okay, what in tha hell did Ah miss?"

<Rogue> She blinked at Chris, "An' since when do y'all look like that?"

<Bobby> "Well let is kind of an overstatement..." He sighed and giggled at the rolling. "She followed us, then swiped my powers."

<Rogue> Rogue narrowed her eyes at Chris a bit, then leaned over to whisper in Bobby's ear, "He kinda looks like one o' those 90's cartoon's y'all watch..."

<Christopher> "Aren't you supposed to be keeping her out of trouble...?" Chris sighed. "I don't know what happened to me Rogue... They found me trashing cities looking like this."

<Rogue> Rogue couldn't help it. She burst out laughing. "Godzilla!"

<Christopher> Chris smirked a little. "That's horrible."

<Bobby> Bobby tried to keep from laughing. Really, he did.

<Bobby> He failed. "Sorry man, but.... she's right!"

<Christopher> "Hey I would trade this for being Godzilla any day. Maybe that's what I should do for Halloween if I'm still like this."

<Rogue> "At least y'all aren't as big as he was..."

<Rogue> She brought her laugh down to a snicker and bit her lower lip to try and stop her grin. "It could always be worse. Least ya not King Kong."

<Bobby> "She's got a point there...." Bobby thought of Kyle and winced.

<Christopher> "Yeah I like the size I am now. Guess I'll finally look like a teacher if they get me to normal. No more tats or piercings eh?"

<Rogue> "Y'all really think there's a single person in this school who passes f'r a teacher looks-wise?"

<Christopher> "I think Shaw looked pretty good when my class nailed him with paintballs."

<Rogue> Rogue wrinkled her nose, "Well... He'd look pretty good with his balls nailed ta a painted canvas.”

<Christopher> "I think he thinks the same thing about me."

<Bobby> "I think we all would like taking a shot at him," he agreed with a snort.

<Christopher> "I think I need to hire you two as my bodyguards till shit with him blows over. I'm pretty sure he's going to try to kill me..."

<Rogue> "He's a skeezball. Ah may have trouble reignin' mahself in if Ah ever get a shot at him."

<Bobby> "I told ya, Hope has him by the balls. He tried to stop her from coming after you and she froze him." He illustrated with a puff of snow.

<Christopher> "Please god tell me someone got that on tape!" Chris stared at Bobby.

<Bobby> He shrugged, then realized he couldn't see it. "I dunno, I wasn't there." He snerked a bit. "Would have been great to see, though."

<Rogue> "Well, where'd it happen? I'd be willin' ta bet there were security cameras somewhere."

<Bobby> "All I know is she turned up naked and really pissed off in my room half an hour later"

<Bobby> Wait... he was telling her boyfriend this why?

<Christopher> "She what....." It was probably great for Bobby that in this situation Chris couldn't do anything to him. "Please tell me that's where that story ends?"

<Rogue> Rogue started laughing so hard she almost fell off the cart. "Please tell me that's not tha first time she's used y'all's powers?"

<Bobby> Bobby coughed. "Yeah, well... she couldn't figure out how to reform after she poofed away from Sharky." He nearly fell off along with Rogue. "Whoa, nelly!"

<Christopher> Chris just sighed. "Has everyone on campus seen my girlfriend naked?"

<Rogue> Rogue raised her hand, "Not Ah. Thank goodness. Ain't mah cup o' tea."

<Bobby> "There you go!" Bobby gestured toward Roguey like Vanna White.

<Christopher> "You guys really aren't good at making a guy feel better." Chris shook his head.

<Rogue> Rogue grinned and thumped the glass, "Sure we are. Y'all just aren't wantin' ta be playful." She sighed, "When ya use Bobby's powers, ya clothes kinda... disintegrate."

<Bobby> "And Rogue would know. That mental image should make you feel better instantly."

<Christopher> "Welp now I can never work with you again Bobby.... I really don't want to think about you skating about all naked...."

<Rogue> Rogue grinned and elbowed Bobby lightly in the ribs. "Hey now."

<Christopher> "And now you're just trying to get me into trouble with Hope. Sure she'd like you trying to get me to picture Rogue naked?"

<Rogue> "Y'all've done it b'fore. Don't even lie." She shrugged, "Everyone's probably seen me naked at least once."

<Bobby> Bobby raised both hands, then laughed. "Awww, what's wrong, can't take the manly competition?"

<Christopher> "Uhmm... I don't think that I have." Chris tried to think back. "Hope, Greer, Cess, Monet, Melati, I think that's it."

<Bobby> "Graaaaah. Monet." Bobby gave a dramatic shudder.

<Rogue> "Who hasn't seen her naked? Ah thought she posed nude f'r a magazine'r somethin'."

<Christopher> Chris just shrugged. "Wouldn't know. I just know her and me almost had a thing my like first year. Never happened though."

<Bobby> Bobby was still shuddering. "Bleh. She scares me. Not ashamed to admit it."

<Christopher> "Fuck she scared me too. Never thought I'd be more scared of a woman than getting hit by a semi."

<Bobby> "Smart man," he nodded in approval, straightening up and slurping his soda.

<Christopher> "I can use my brain sometimes. Lately not so much, but wisdom comes with fucking up from time to time."

<Bobby> Bobby gave a slightly bitter laugh. "Yeah, I'll drink to that, man." He leaned over to tap his soda against Chris's.

<Christopher> Chris tapped his back careful not to drop it. "Hey now, I don't have fine motor control frosty." He finished his drink.

<Rogue> Rogue rolled her eyes, "Y'all should always be scared o' a woman who can slam ya 'round." She grinned and got up, "Ah'm hungry. Later!"

<Christopher> Chris just laughed. "See ya Rogue. Don't be a stranger it's lonely down here."

<Bobby> "Keep that in mind for Hope too then," he laughed and carefully got up from his cart. It squeaked in protest. "I'll come see you later on, okay? Next time I'll bring some of Paige's cookies." He reached over and his hand hovered for a moment wondering where he should touch, then he shrugged and gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Hang in there, bat boy."

<Christopher> "I feel I'm going to be the butt of your jokes for a while huh?" Chris smiled a little and gave them both a small wave.

<Christopher> "Bye guys. Make sure Hope actually got some food in herself for me please."

<Bobby> He nodded and gave him another squeeze. "Yeah, man, I'll take as good of care of her as she'll let me." Bobby followed in Anna's wake. He needed to talk to her anyway...