11/23 Instance: Beauty and the Beast

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

11/23 Instance: Beauty and the Beast

Post by JackSkulls »

Timelined a day before Gargoyle Petting Zoo

<Christopher> Chris could barely see Hope with his vision being blurry and worthless, but none the less he saw her. He was still having isues getting his body to do what he wanted so he tapped on the glas to try and wake her up.

<Hope> The tapping made Hope groan and shove the pillow over her head. Whatever it was needed to shut up. Or die.

<Christopher> Chris went to run his hands through his hair forgetting his hands were claws. "Ow fuck!" Hey I can talk....

<Hope> Hope started to grumble, then remembered that she was supposed to be alone in the medlab. She opened an eye warily, taking in her surroundings.

<Christopher> "Hope?" Chris said weakly, his voice sounded foreign to himself since he hadn't heard it in days.

<Hope> The redhead sat up, looking around. Chris? There was nobody in the immediate room with her, but that only forced her to turn her attention to the glass. She was being stared out. She blinked.

<Christopher> Chris waved at her a slowly. "Hey babe."

<Hope> Hope sluggish mind struggled to catch up. "Chris?" she questioned, not moving.

<Christopher> "I think.... but seeing my reflection I'm not sure." Chris stared down at his hands which weren't his original ones. "Wh...what happened to me?"

<Hope> "We were hoping you could tell us," Hope let him know as she slid her feet to the ground.

<Christopher> "I don't know..." Chris was still staring at his claws. "What the hell is all this." Chris sighed and tried to remember what had happened to him.

<Hope> "Again... we don't know anything. You are the only one who could possibly know what happened to you. Well... I know how it ended... how you got here... but that's it."

<Christopher> "Wh..what did I do." Chris stared up at her, his vision blurry. "What the hell is going on... all I can remember is going to my shop and then everything's... gone."

<Hope> "Are you sure you want to know?" Hope asked, moving closer to the glass. "Maybe it should wait awhile?"

<Christopher> "Hope.... wh...what did I do." His hands started to shake. "Why am I locked behind this glass."

<Hope> "You maaaaay have destroyed a couple of towns."

<Christopher> "Sh...shit." Chris slammed a fist into the glass. It hurt like hell but he deserved worse than that. "Please tell me I didn't hurt any of the students...."

<Hope> Hope blinked, but didn't flinch at the slam. Students? Well, none of them had been hurt in his rescue. She and Clint had been the only students there, and Clint was fine. "Students here are fine. Just worry about getting better and trying to remember who did this to you. Any clue would be helpful."

<Christopher> "I don't know Hope. I don't even know what's going on with my body... What the hell happened to me." Chris looked down at his now bleeding hand. "My healing's not working?"

<Hope> "Apparently not. I believe they've said it's been stunted... a lot. If it could ever catch up, you would likely be ok." But like hell was she going to try and stabilize him.

<Christopher> "Guess I really fucked up didn't I...." Chris sat down against one of the walls.

<Hope> That was one way of putting it. "Well, you didn't volunteer to do this... unless you did and don't remember."

<Christopher> "How long have I been gone." Chris let his hands lay limp at his sides, if Hope wasn't there he'd be tempted just to open his veins and rid the world of his mistakes.

<Hope> "Three months..." Hope glanced down, sighing.

<Christopher> "I'm a really shitty boyfriend aren't I?" By now he was sure she knew about the drugs. "I bet my students were pretty excited though huh..." He tried to joke about it but all the energy had left his body. This was definitely worse than having his chest caved in by a sentinel.

<Hope> "Again... not as if you signed up for this crap," Hope reminded him.

<Christopher> "That doesn't excuse my behavior before I disappeared. You found the drugs didn't you?" He sighed.

<Hope> "Oh yeah. We found lots of drugs. " She gave him a look. "Why?"

<Christopher> "Started out as just a kick, guess I got addicted, didn't know I could. Nothing else has ever worked on me. Then the whole sentinel thing.... that just made things worse. I don't know Hope. I'm a fucking idiot."

<Hope> "Well I won't argue that point. So in the future... let's stick to liquor. Alright?" She crossed her arms over her chest, watching him.

<Christopher> "What future do I have if they can't fix this..." Chris stared away from Hope. He couldn't bring himself to look at her anymore.

<Hope> "Well it's pretty useless to worry about that right now, isn't it?"

<Christopher> "Everything's pretty useless when you're a monster Hope..."

<Hope> "You are the only one who is using that word, Christopher."

<Christopher> "How can no one else call me a monster. Look at me... not even the ferals look this fucked up. And I've killed people..."

<Hope> "You do remember I was a horseman for Apocalypse... right? I killed plenty of people. More than you."

<Christopher> "No.....?" Chris looked back at her for a moment.

<Hope> "Huh... thought everybody knew that by now." She shrugged.

<Christopher> "No I didn't.... I'm sorry Hope." He really was a shitty boyfriend. "I'm sorry I did this to you."

<Hope> "Apology accepted. Now just focus on getting back to normal." She moved to the glass, touching it for the first time. "Don't be defeated before you even begin."

<Christopher> "What if I never get changed back...."

<Hope> "Then we deal with that IF the time comes."

<Christopher> Chris turned back to look at her, his eyes not quite able to focus. "You would still want me like this... when I look like something that crawled out of hell to eat children."

<Hope> Hope didn't know how to answer that. She hadn't really thought it was actually possible that they wouldn't fix him. If she told him yes and then found out later she couldn't deal with it, she would be lying to him. She couldn't really answer it truthfully because there were too many variables. Her mind quickly looked for an alternative. "Chris, I love you. We're going to do everything we can to fix you, but there's no point in getting

<Hope> no point in getting worked out on a possible future that might not even exist."

<Christopher> "Yeah... I guess you're right. Should listen to you more often shouldn't I?" Chris tried to give her the best smile he could, it came out looking more strained then he wanted.

<Hope> "I keep telling people this." Hope gave him a grin.

<Christopher> "You're just too smart for your own good." Chris pressed his hand against the glass. "I'm sorry I messed our lives up."

<Hope> "You didn't. Whoever did this to you did." She put her hand over his on the glass, doing her best not to stare or wince at the claws. Those were terrifying up close.

<Christopher> "I chose to do the drugs and that didn't help us in the least. I was the dumbass that tried to fight a robot that could have easily killed me."

<Hope> "I run away from my body guards. Shit happens."

<Christopher> "You're tough as nails, you don't need those bums."

<Hope> Laughing, Hope then sighed. "Yeah... yeah I do. At least Bobby. He's gotten me out of several tight spots. Don't you dare ever tell him I told you that though. He needs to think he's useless."

<Christopher> "I'm sure the popsicle knows better than that." Chris pulled his hand away from the glass, he could tell Hope was afraid of it.

<Hope> "Well he is blonde... so doubtful." Hope sighed and let her hand drop too.

<Christopher> "I really hope they can fix me babe..." Chris sighed softly. "You should go back to sleep, don't let me keep you up."

<Hope> "I really hope so too. Going piss with those claws has got to be a nightmare," she gave him a grin as she headed back to her bed. "I'm not going anywhere. Get some rest yourself. Might help."

<Christopher> "Damn... I really didn't think about that. I'll sleep soon. Just woke up, I think?"

<Hope> "Alright. Don't do anything else stupid, alright?" she advised, laying back down on the bed.

<Christopher> "I think I'm just stuck with my past mistakes for now." Chris went over to the bed they put in there for him and laid down.

<Hope> "Aren't we all?" Hope yawned and closed her eyes.

<Christopher> "Some more than others." Chris muttered under his breath still focusing on his claws. "Night babe."

<Hope> "Night Chris. Love you."

<Christopher> "Love you too."