11/26 Instance: Rum Swizzled

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/26 Instance: Rum Swizzled

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a week after Put a Ring on It

<Paige> The warm, salty air blew through Paige's hair as she leaned back in her seat overlooking the ocean. She wasn't sure how Bobby had managed to arrange all this, but there they were, in Bermuda, with no child and a whole weekend ahead of them.

<Paige> She sighed happily and looked from the setting sun over to Bobby, smile plastered to her face. "Now this is a vacation!" Though she had slept through the entire flight, she was so happy they had done this.

<Bobby> "This is awesome." He grinned and looked from the Caribbean sunset to Paige. "I especially like the view," he said with a waggle of his brows.

<Paige> "Well it is the most gorgeous sunset I've.... ever...." She giggled, realizing it was her, not the sunset he meant. Her face pinked up, and she took a sip of her water to hide it.

<Bobby> "D'awwwww." Bobby shuffled his chair closer to Paige's through the sand and took her free hand. "Now you and the sunset match."

<Paige> "I've always wanted to match a sunset," she teased, giggling as her face stayed pink. She squeezed his hand, keeping her eyes on him.

<Bobby> "Me too, obviously." He gestured down at his pink Bermuda shorts. Bobby felt no shame. "So... not so bad for December, yeah? Maybe we should move down here?"

<Paige> Laughing again, Paige set her water down. "I think the pink shorts suit you. You won't catch me protesting moving here."

<Bobby> He laughed, but it wasn't a bad idea. No sentinels. "I mean, if we miss snow I can always provide." Their waiter was approaching, so he winked at Paige and sat up slightly.

<Paige> With another giggle, Paige clapped her hands as their after dinner drinks arrived with their dessert. "I love these rum swizzles!" she told their server.

<Bobby> Bobby exchanged a look with the waiter and he leaned just a bit to ensure the special garnish on Paige's very touristy coconut cup was securely in place. "And they love you, babe!" His own fruity drink was also in a coconut, and he picked it up as the waiter left to give them their privacy.

<Paige> Paige held out the cup to Bobby. "To... us. And Bermuda. And vacations."

<Bobby> "To us," he agreed, gaze flickering between the side of the cup and Paige's face as he carefully tapped the coconuts. "And after we drink, we can pretend we're riding horses on the beach with these babies." He made a clippity-clop noise and grinned.

<Paige> Paige made a clippy clop noise after him and giggled. "How do they do that with these coconuts?" Paige questioned, examining the cup, and clopping it a bit on the table to test the noise.

<Bobby> Bobby saw dollar signs flash in front of his eyes for a moment. "Uh..." Diamonds were hard, right? Even if they were pink?

<Paige> "Hm?" Paige looked up at him. "Do you know a better way?"

<Bobby> "Why don't we test it after we finish our drinks," he tried, licking his lips and taking a slurp of his own through the straw. "Mmmm, hate to waste it. That's alcohol abuse!"

<Paige> "Wellll, okay," Paige giggled and looked down at her drink to find the straw. "But you can't make me watch Monty Python and..." A glimmer of something shiny caught her attention. "...expect me not to..." she reached for the sparkle, picking it up. "...make... the... Oh... My...." her eyes shot up to Bobby from the ring as she realized what it was.

<Bobby> There, finally. A slow grin spread across Bobby's face. "Surprise?"

<Paige> Paige looked back at the ring, then back at Bobby, her mind racing to catch up. "It's gorgeous!"

<Bobby> "Yeah?" His expression was more than hopeful, and then he laughed. "I mean, yeah. Yeah! I-it's yours... obviously. So you like it?"

<Paige> "I love it," she assured him, moving around the table so she could kiss him.

<Bobby> "Woooo! Good, because it's non-returnable!" He caught Paige and gave her a tight hug, then reached for the ring. Well, wait, maybe that hadn't been a smart thing to say. "I'm kidding, of course..."

<Paige> Paige just laughed at him and kissed the tip of his nose, letting him take the ring. "I love you."

<Bobby> "I love you too." He pulled back from her and slid off the seat into the sand, on one knee. "Okay... so..." Clearing his throat, he grinned and looked up at her. "Paige? Will you marry me?"

<Paige> As excited and happy as Paige had been.... that electrified her. She screamed/squealed and pounced on him happily. "YES! Yes, yes!"

<Bobby> "Whoaaaahey!" He was deafened and nearly fell over before he caught her for a tight hug, then he started laughing and flopped onto his back in the sand, dragging her with him. "Yaaaay!"

<Paige> Paige laughed with him and kissed him a couple of times, quickly. "We're engaged!" She smiled and touched his cheek gently. "I get to be your family now."

<Bobby> "You've been my family for a long time, babe." He just stared at her for a long moment, tucking her hair back carefully. Taking her hand from his face, he slipped the ring onto her finger. "Pink," he said with a nod.

<Paige> "But officially... legally..." Paige looked down at the ring on her finger, which she had just forgotten about. "Oh Bobby... you did... an amazing job. I couldn't have picked one out this pretty!"

<Bobby> "Well... Rogue helped." He grinned. "And Ripley. I told her she had to keep it secret... shhhhhh." He held his finger to his lips. "Think she did pretty good! It was Yoda who was yappy."

<Paige> Laughing happily, Paige nodded. "Yoda totally spilled. I was just acting surprised. Obviously," Paige giggled some more.

<Bobby> "Obviously," he nodded. "You're a great actress." Bobby pushed himself up on his elbow to look down at Paige in the white sand. "God, you're gorgeous. How'd I get so lucky?"

<Paige> Paige settled back into the sand, looking up at him. "I ask myself that every night and every morning while I lie next to you."

<Bobby> Bobby didn't know what to say, so he leaned down and kissed her.

<Paige> There wasn't much else to say to that. Paige wrapped her arms around him and returned the kiss with her fiance. She couldn't believe she was engaged to Bobby. It was like the best dream she had ever had just came true.

<Bobby> When they came up for air, Bobby pulled her against him to watch the last rays of the sunset. "This is... perfect."

<Paige> She nuzzled into him and peeked out to watch the sun. "Yeah... " She said as a happy tear rolled down her cheek. "It is."