11/26 Instance: Man of Honor

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/26 Instance: Man of Honor

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a couple days after In the Pink

<Paige> Back from their vacation, Paige was soaking up the last bit of kid-free time that she and Bobby had before they picked up their baby. She stared at the coffee pot, trying to figure out how to make it work. Where had Bobby disappeared to? Didn't he have to know how to work this for his babysitting job?

<Shaw> Teaching only when the whim struck agreed with him. Sebastian completed a class and went to the kitchen to refill his coffee mug, checking his phone on the way.

<Paige> "Hey babe? Can you help with this?" Paige asked, assuming that was Bobby catching up to her in the kitchen.

<Shaw> His eyebrow went up in amusement and he moved in behind her, careful now that she couldn't see him. "Not unless it's a new experiment in coffee vodka."

<Paige> Paige jumped at the strange voice. That wasn't Bobby! She whirled around, surprised at who she saw. "COOKIE!" She pounced on him, squealing.

<Shaw> "Oof!" The impact was hard enough he felt the jolt of his abilities, and now there was a ringing in his ears. "Hello," he managed, unable to hear himself and giving in to awkwardly return the embrace. "I see your volume is as powerful as ever."

<Paige> All smiles, Paige giggled a little, trying to apologize. "I'm sorry, really. I'm just so excited! How have you been!?" She gave him another hug. While they had talked, she hadn't really spent a whole lot of time with him. She was reminded of how much she missed her friend.

<Shaw> "I'm doing well, and you're practically vibrating," he chuckled, still trapped in one of her ridiculously tight hugs. "Are you certain you need caffeine?"

<Bobby> After his check-in with Carol, Bobby stopped dead in the doorway of the kitchen. Paige. Shaw. His Paige, with Shaw... on her. He growled a bit.

<Paige> Oblivious to Bobby in the doorway, Paige just bounced a little and pulled back so she could show Sebastian the ring. "Of course I do. Look! I'm getting married!"

<Shaw> "Are you now?" He stepped back and took her hand to inspect it. Pink. Sebastian smirked up at her. "It's lovely, my dear. Drake, I assume?"

<Paige> "Of course!" She laughed and sighed a little, then giggled some more. "It doesn't really seem real. Does that make sense?"

<Shaw> A small smile played around the corners of his mouth. Marrying Drake would be unreal indeed. "I understand." Sebastian brought her hand up and kissed the back before letting her go. "If I was told two years ago the turn my life would soon take I would have thought them insane."

<Bobby> Okay, the kiss was enough. "Heeeey, babe! I'm back! Figure out that coffee....oh, hey, Sharky."

<Paige> "Bobberz!" Paige was instantly pouncing him for a happy hug and kiss. "I found Cookie and told him the good news! He's the first to know! Oops... maybe I should have told our parents first..."

<Bobby> "Oh.... is he?" Bobby hadn't thought of that. Motherfucker. He looked at Shaw over the top of Paige's head. "It's fine, babe, we can call them after we get Rip..."

<Shaw> Sebastian just met Drake's eyes and smirked. "Congratulations."

<Paige> "Ok! So you can't tell anyone until tomorrow, ok?" Paige informed Sebastian. "Though to be fair... nobody should expect me to keep this kind of secret." She was still all smiles, squeezing Bobby's hand happily. "Ripley is going to be so happy. Kind of... She may be too young."

<Shaw> Sebastian ran a fingertip across his sealed lips and smiled at Paige. "No one will hear from me, although half the school may have heard your excited squealing."

<Bobby> Bobby kept his arm around Paige and frowned at Sharky. "She already knows you're her mom, babe."

<Paige> "That's true. And she loooooves me!" Paige giggled and leaned up to whisper to Bobby, "I couldn't figure out the coffee pot." She glanced back over at Sebastian. "Thanks for keeping the secret! You are probably right. Half the school probably knows. But that's ok. They are family too."

<Shaw> "Allow me, then." Sebastian moved past them to the coffee pot, still amused by the couple.

<Bobby> Watching the guy go by, Bobby tried to force his hackles down. "We can get coffee on the way to get Rip."

<Paige> Paige ran her fingers through Bobby's hair. "If you want to... it's free here though."

<Shaw> Sebastian filled the carafe and measured the grounds, listening to their exchange. "He's concerned I'll pollute it, my dear," he said, not at all offended.

<Paige> "Don't be silly, Cookie! He's just in a hurry to get Rip... right?" Paige asked, looking up at Bobby.

<Bobby> Bobby shifted uncomfortably. Fucking Shaw.

<Shaw> Sebastian just chuckled and turned back to the coffee pot.

<Paige> Looking between them, Paige hadn't really expected Sebastian to be right. She nudged Bobby a bit, giving him a confused look. Why didn't he like Sebastian?

<Shaw> The uncomfortable silence was filled with the sounds of the coffee brewing. Unconcerned, he checked his phone again.

<Bobby> Bobby sighed and rolled his eyes. She knew he didn't like Sebastian! "Nah," he finally said. "It's fine. Don't suppose you have any scotch for it?"

<Paige> "I think he bleeds, scotch," Paige giggled and relaxed. Everything was fine! She kissed Bobby before hopping up on the counter.

<Shaw> "While normally that's quite possibly true, I don't generally carry it on my person." He sniffed. "I'm not a Stark, after all." Sebastian searched for two mugs for the happy couple.

<Paige> Paige giggled at him. "Oh Cookie... I can probably find you some scotch, Bobberz. Do you want me to look?"

<Bobby> He was watching Shaw with the cups, but that distracted him and he looked at Paige in confusion. "Oh! Nah, that's okay, babe. I was mostly joking..." He gave her a squeeze and kissed her cheek.

<Paige> Giggling again, Paige nuzzled him. "Okie dokie. You know... I am going to need a maid of honor. I don't really... I don't know..." She swallowed.

<Bobby> Catching her drift, he sighed. "Yeah... I'm kind of in the same boat. I mean, Roguey was, um, before." Bobby cleared his throat. "I dunno... maybe Cess?"

<Shaw> Finishing with the coffee, he turned and handed a highly sugared cup to Paige with a faint but genuine smile.

<Paige> "Thank you," she told him, taking the cup and breathing in the sweet aroma. "I mean... Cookie's kind of my best friend now besides you." She took a sip and smiled. Sweet coffee!

<Shaw> Sebastian found himself both tickled and surprisingly touched by her announcement, not that he would let the latter show when he handed Drake a cup. "Getting to know you has been an unexpected pleasure, my dear Paige."

<Bobby> Bobby managed a thank you until the smarm started. "Well, there's Cess, and Hope..." He wracked his brain for living X-women.

<Paige> "Somehow, I don't think I'm going to get Hope into a pink bridesmaid dress," but the image made her laugh.

<Bobby> This was hard... "Um... Rahne? S-Selene..." He looked at Sharky. "Oh! Jess."

<Shaw> He picked up his own black coffee and blew on the liquid, watching the exchange with interest.

<Paige> "Jess is your friend," Paige pointed out. "And she'll have a newborn to wrangle. Selene terrifies everyone. I don't think she'd wear pink, even if I bribed her with lemons."

<Shaw> "Lemons are a potent motivator." He sipped his coffee and gave them a slow blink.

<Bobby> Bobby looked at Shaw for just a moment, then back to Paige. "Um... Roguey can pull double duty?"

<Paige> "She can't stand by both of us." Paige followed Bobby's gaze to Sebastian. She blinked. It was so obvious. "Cookie..."

<Bobby> No. Oh... no. Nonononono. "Um..."

<Shaw> Catching on as well, Sebastian's eyebrows went up. She had that hopeful, expectant face with those big eyes... no one had ever told this woman no he realized. His own eyes a little wide, he looked at Drake for help.

<Paige> "But it's perfect! You will have Rogue, and Sebastian is my bestest friend... it just makes sense!" Paige's smile lit up her face again as she look between them. "It's perfect!"

<Bobby> "Babe... I'm sure Shaw's a busy guy... and like you said, they'll have a newborn..." Never did he ever expect he'd be helping the Prince of Darkness today.

<Shaw> "I'm honored, Paige, but perhaps you would prefer a female..."

<Paige> Bit by bit her smile fell as she took in their words. "Oh." She looked down at her coffee, taking a sip to steady herself. "No... no you're right. Surely I'll think of someone." She forced a smiled, which she was good at, but it just didn't have the sparkle from before.

<Bobby> He saw it. That fake, fake smile he hated. "No, you're right. It's your decision... and he's your friend." Though God knew why, he didn't add.

<Paige> Paige took Bobby's hand and squeezed it. "I'm not going to do something that makes you uncomfortable."

<Bobby> "It doesn't..." Bobby's face nearly cracked with the force of the grin he put on.

<Paige> She leaned in to Bobby, staring him down to see if he was lying. "Really?"

<Shaw> And as Drake had lobbed this right back at him, Sebastian took an uncomfortable sip of his coffee. Perhaps he should have brought that scotch.

<Bobby> "Really!" This was hard. So, so hard. He grinned harder.

<Paige> It worked. Paige bought it. She set her coffee down and hugged Bobby tightly. "Only if you're sure."

<Shaw> He pulled the corner of his mouth in and stared at Drake over the top of Paige's head.

<Bobby> Bobby neatly avoided the stare and nuzzled Paige's hair. "Sure I'm sure."

<Paige> Paige forgot Shaw was there briefly and nuzzled Bobby back. Once she did remember, she also remembered that she hadn't really asked Sebastian. She turned to look at him. "Will you, Cookie? Will you be my man of honor? Pretty please? Pretty PRETTY please?"

<Shaw> "I..." Christ, she was giving him the eyes again. "I would be honored, Paige." Quickly, he took a sip of coffee.

<Paige> "Yay!!!" Paige hopped off the counter to give him a careful hug, mindful of the coffee. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

<Bobby> She was hugging him again. His eyes narrowed.

<Shaw> "You're quite welcome, my dear." Sebastian returned the hug, just as carefully, and recalled she'd been with him while Jess was gone, and after her accident. "If it makes you happy."

<Paige> "I'm always happy when we hang out!" Paige laughed and let him go. "Don't worry. I won't make you do anything. Just standing there will be enough."

<Shaw> "I'm quite good at standing," he assured her and took a long step back.

<Bobby> He could do this, Bobby assured himself.

<Paige> Snuggling back up to Bobby, Paige smile up at him. "I can't wait!" She kissed Bobby's cheek with a happy smile in place.

<Shaw> "I'll leave you two love birds to it then." He inclined his head at the couple. "I should call my wife."

<Paige> "Tell her I say Hi!" Paige picked up her coffee and took another sip.

<Bobby> "Yep, same here." Bobby put on that sickly grin again and watched Shaw disappear, already on his phone. Woo boy.

<Paige> "Now... what do you say we celebrate one more time before we go pick up our baby?" Paige asked, taking his hands in her own.

<Bobby> Never had a grin turned real so quickly. "Now you're talkin,' babe!" Coffee forgotten, he gave her a quick kiss and started dragging her for the door.