11/29 Instance: Last Free Pass

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/29 Instance: Last Free Pass

Post by Slarti »

Timelined immediately after Shattered Dreams

<Paige> Patched up and back at the school, all Paige wanted was a hot shower. There was something therapeutic about watching the grime wash down the drain, really. When there was no more grime, she talked herself into getting out of the shower and wrapping up in her fluffy pink robe. Towel drying her hair, she stepped out of the bathroom finally.

<Bobby> Bobby was flat on his back on the bed, thinking he should go get Ripley from Anna, but that he really still needed some more time first. He stared at the ceiling and listened to Paige putter around the bathroom.

<Bobby> He rolled onto his side when she stepped out. "Feeling better, babe?" Sliding off the bed, he went to her to make sure she didn't need help to the bed.

<Paige> She nodded, discarding the towel to take both of his hands in her own. "I'm fine. Squeaky clean," she gave him an actual smile as she looked up at him.

<Bobby> Smiling himself, he leaned in to sniff her neck. "Yep!" He rubbed his nose on her and made a squeaking sound.

<Paige> Laughing and squirming a bit, Paige rubbed her nose against his. "Squeak master."

<Bobby> He laughed softly, but it faded away as he looked at her. If anything had happened... "Babe..." Bobby licked his lips and leaned in to kiss her, squeezing her hands.

<Paige> She squeezed his hands as she kissed him back, moving a bit closer to him.

<Bobby> The kiss turned desperate quickly, and he had to remind himself to be gentle since she was hurt. Turning his hand, he interlaced their fingers and moved his other hand up to her damp hair.

<Paige> Any lingering worry that he was angry evaporated as she pressed up next to him and deepened their kiss. She slid her free hand up to his cheek, keeping him close to her.

<Bobby> After a while, he realized something and broke the kiss to look at her left hand with a frown. "Aww, babe..."

<Paige> Worry immediately flooded her as she followed his gaze. Her ring! She looked back at his face as she remembered taking it off. Oh she hadn't taken off the necklace. Sebastian was going to be furious. But the ring... she had removed that. She blinked and rather than her trademark red, she paled. "Sebastian has it. Or should have it." But a building fell on him. What if it was broken?

<Bobby> "Shaw has it?" The fury was instant, and he fought to keep it under control.

<Paige> Panic. Paige tried to swallow and remember the details. "I handed it to him and told him to get Stark out."

<Bobby> "What, why?" He shook his head, then remembered. "Oh, shit, the babies... so you took it off to change." He turned away from her and paced in a short circuit, running both hands over his short hair.

<Paige> "There was no guarantee it would stay on... it was safer with them. I thought." Unaware, Paige took a careful step back.

<Bobby> Bobby nodded, swallowed hard.

<Paige> "Bobby..." She started, but stopped. What could she say? "I'm sorry." She could start there. "I'll go get it back."

<Bobby> "What?" He looked over his shoulder at her, then realized she had panic face and turned around. "Babe, the ring is replaceable... you aren't. It's okay."

<Paige> Color began to return to her face as she calmed again. "I know that. I was as careful as I could be." Except for the whole taking the building to save someone part.

<Bobby> Granted, he couldn't really afford to replace it immediately, if it was destroyed. "I know... I just... it scares me. A-and... I wasn't there to protect you."

<Paige> "Oh Bobby..." She crossed the room to wrap her arms around him. "You came and saved me. You are a hero! My hero. When we lost our powers... that was the first time... that I thought, well." She stopped.

<Bobby> "It couldda taken out your powers first, and then..." He held her and tried to stay in control. "Fucking Christmas, too. I think I hate Christmas. We need to start skipping it."

<Paige> "Then more people would have seen me naked, evacuating children," Paige tried to lighten it a bit, but she couldn't really. "I know... I thought this year would be better. And it is. We're both okay."

<Bobby> "We are..." She was, but thanks to Shaw. "He didn't... do anything did he?"

<Paige> "He had a building fall on him..." Paige considered that doing something. "Well, moreso than Hope and I did."

<Bobby> "But I mean... you were naked, a-and he had you... and that was his shirt, wasn't it?" Only now did he make that little connection.

<Paige> Paige's face burned right red as she shook her head no. "No. No no. My powers went out, so he put his shirt on me to cover me up. Then I couldn't run with no shoes. I kept falling. The second or third time, he just picked me up."

<Bobby> Bobby was torn between relief and annoyance. "Okay, okay... so what were they doing there? Like, Shaaar - Shaw - and Hope? Which one of them was it after?"

<Paige> "They just came to have lunch. It's not like they were using their powers or anything. It may not have even been after either of them." She reached up to touch his cheek.

<Bobby> "Well it couldn't have been after you," he said. "Um... were there any other mutants in the hospital? Like, that you know of?"

<Paige> "At least one infant... who knows how many more? Most people there are children who wouldn't know yet. It could have been after me. I mean... I cut open humans..."

<Bobby> Bobby gave her the most confused of confused looks.

<Paige> "I'm a surgical intern... I cut people open all the time. Or well, I help to."

<Bobby> "Yeah but... as a doctor. That's not... quite the same?" He shook his head to clear it. "Yeah, no. Anyway, I guess I know I'll be working some overtime the next few days... and what are you gonna do? Oh, shit... they better not blame you! I mean, like, your job..."

<Paige> She shook her head no. "Surely not. We saved all of them. None of them died... I think. I hope. Do you have to work overtime?" Wasn't his primary job to babysit?

<Bobby> "I'll have to do debrief and shit since I, um, blew up the sentinel. There... won't be much left for them to do their CSI shit." He'd already gotten the short lecture for that. "And... Hope got away from me... so there's that."

<Paige> Each cuss word caused Paige to wince a bit. "Maybe if I go talk to them... explain it wasn't your fault."

<Bobby> He caught the wince and at first thought it was her stitches, then remembered. Oh. "I owe you like... five more bucks."

<Paige> She shook her head no. "I told you that you got a free pass. But I might make you pay with kisses."

<Bobby> "That I can do." He moved in and kissed her forehead, both cheeks, then her nose. "It doesn't really matter if it's my fault or not when she takes off like that. I'm still her babysitter, so I get the shiiiaflack."

<Paige> "I'm going to have a little chat with her," Paige nuzzled Bobby's cheek. "The whole reason I told Sebastian to get her out of there was so I wouldn't lose you. She needs to think about others."

<Bobby> "At least she's not hurt this time..." Chat? He gave her a questioning look.

<Paige> "Of course she's not! I'm a better X-man than that!" Paige touched his nose gently.

<Bobby> "That's not what I meant, babe!" He laughed and nuzzled her. "She just has a habit of fuuuudging off and getting into shi...ituations."

<Paige> Giggling, Paige nuzzled him back. "Which is why I will be talking to her. Maybe she just needs a motherly touch."

<Bobby> "Like some good old-fashioned corporal punishment?" He was only half joking.

<Paige> It took Paige a moment. "Bobby!" She laughed and kissed him again. "Noooo. Don't you worry about it. I can do this for you!"

<Bobby> "Ooo, take-charge Paigey. I like it."

<Paige> Blushing, Paige smiled at him. "It's the least I can do."

<Bobby> Bobby gave her a quick kiss. "So," he said, when they broke apart. "I guess we gotta find that rich shithead to make sure he didn't lose your ring."

<Paige> "I can get it from him.... you don't have to. I know you don't really like him."

<Bobby> He plastered on the fake grin. "No, naaaah, it's..." Oh, fuck it. Bobby instead shook his head with a bitter laugh. "No, I really don't, but that doesn't matter. He helped you today."

<Paige> Paige closed her eyes and pressed her forehead against Bobby. "I'll find someone else for the wedding party."

<Bobby> Bobby grit his teeth. "No, it's okay, babe... you... like him."

<Paige> Shaking her head, Paige kissed his cheek softly. "I can't do that to you."

<Bobby> "No, really." He shook his head and smirked. "We can talk about it later, yeah?"

<Paige> "We can talk about whatever you want, whenever you want." Paige yawned just a little.

<Bobby> "Sounds good. We'll talk about Batman." He nodded and gave her a kiss, then went to the bed to pull back the covers. "You take a nap and I'll get Rip."

<Paige> "And ice cream?" Paige asked, hopefully, as she crawled into their warm, cozy bed.

<Bobby> "And ice cream." He tucked her in, then straightened and ran his hands through his hair again. "I better call base and check on your buddy and the escape artist." Bobby made a face. "And call Jess."

<Paige> "Just make sure you come home." Paige warned him, peeking out from under the covers.

<Bobby> "Well, of course I'll come home. All my stuff is here!" He kissed her forehead. Although, maybe he should stop by to tell Jess in person... considering.

<Paige> Smiling, Paige looked up at him. "You know what I mean, Bobberzpie."

<Bobby> "I know. Love you too, Paigeypoo." He tapped her nose and grinned. "Sleep tight."

<Paige> Giggling, Paige closed her eyes. "I love you too."