11/30 Instance: Fail and Flail

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

11/30 Instance: Fail and Flail

Post by Svartfreja »

Shortly after [Instance]Snow Business.

<Jean> Jean sat cross-legged on her bed with her hair in a giant, black glob piled on top of her head, and with a Dorito half hanging out of her mouth. These things were always better if you licked aaaall the cheese off first. Mmmm.

<Sue> Sue was slowly becoming immune to the pinkness of Jean's room as she made pictures out of the doritos on a forcefield table. "How long's left on that thing?"

<Jean> "Uuuuummm..." Jean picked up her phone and gave it a shake. "Ten more minutes." She gave her chip another lick and squirmed in place. "Now you made my head itch."

<Sue> "Sorry... you can probably get it with a styling comb or something... I'm sure you have one of those."

<Jean> "Yeah..." Jean instead screwed her face up and tilted her head to the side, the pile of goopy hair shifting precariously.

<Sue> "Oooor you can try to will it scratched..." Sue cocked her head on one side, watching her.

<Jean> "Whaddya think I'm trying to do?" In fact, if she concentrated any harder, steam might come out of her ears.

<Sue> "You need forcefields... or that comb. Do you not know where there is one or are you just too lazy to get up and get it? Because, between us, we have the ultimate lazy power combination."

<Jean> She realized Sue was right and nearly dropped her chip. "Heeey, can you use a pointy force field?"

<Sue> "I could but you'd have to tell me exactly where the itch is and how much pressure to use, it'd be easier to find the comb thing with my invisibility fields and float it on over to you - less chance of me stabbing you in the head."

<Jean> "Stabbing is bad. The comb is in my hair Caboodle, over there." She pointed across the room to a case, also aggressively pink, on the bookshelf by her desk. There were no books on the bookshelf.

<Sue> Sue swept the area with her invisibility field, locating the comb and extracting it with some concentration. Once it was in the air, it was easier because bubbles were far simpler than grasping shapes but a couple of her doritos made it to the floor with her lapse in concentration.

<Jean> "Ooooh five second rule!" Jean used her teke to scoop up the chips, but managed to crush them. "Fuuuuck," she whined as the bits crumbled into her neon shag throw rug. "See, that's the thing... unless I really, really concentrate, I kind of kill things."

<Sue> "You just need to practice more... and relax." She was wondering about the psychic differences of her fields and teke again as she deposited the comb in Jean's lap.

<Jean> "Yeah... thing is, it kind of comes and goes." She picked up the comb and went digging in the mess of goop with the rat tail. "Sometimes, I could totally braid my hair with my teke, sometimes..." Well, sometimes she could tear down a building

<Jean> She found the itchy spot and a look of bliss spread across her face. "Aaaaaaaah..... yeaaaaaah."

<Sue> Sue giggled, "Careful, not too loud - people might get the wrong idea."

<Jean> "What, I can't say you scratched my itch?" Jean kept up her scratching and blew Sue a kiss, then giggled.

<Sue> Sue burst into giggles, all the doritos falling to the floor this time. "The look on Jamie's face would be a picture."

<Jean> "Hey! Food foul!" Jean made a grabby hand at the chips, but was still giggling herself. "OMG, it so would. But I think he'd be more confused than anything else."

<Sue> "Because he's slow or because he wouldn't have seen it coming?" Sue was never sure when it came to Jamie if he was stupid or just oblivious.

<Jean> "A little bit of both?" Jean couldn't stop giggling now.

<Sue> Sue laughed again, "Aww that's kind of sad."

<Jean> "Jamie's not stupid, not really, but he's... special." She grinned and checked her phone, then hopped up. "Rinsey time!"

<Sue> "Woo!" Sue decided not to comment on the use of the word 'special'. "I'll just wait here."

<Jean> Jean managed to grind some chips into her rug, made a noise of disgust, then floated into her bathroom. The water came on and splashing and muttering was heard.

<Sue> Sue tried to brush the crumbs out of the carpet while Jean was in the bathroom.

<Jean> The splashing got louder, then there was a thud.

<Sue> Sue blinked at that sound, glancing at the door, "Jean? You okay?"

<Jean> "Yeah! Oh... yeah. I'm... fine." There was another thump and a muffled "ow."

<Sue> "Are you sure?" Sue chewed her lip, "I promise not to grope you if you need a hand?"

<Jean> "I look like Cassie..." There was a sploosh of water and another thud. "Halp?"

<Sue> "Well what did you expect when you decided to go black with your complexion?" Sue rolled her eyes, getting up to go and help. She stared when she got to the other side of the door, not at the nakedness but at the situation she'd managed to get herself into, "... How?"

<Jean> "....talent?" Jean stood in the middle of a swirling black puddle and was barely managing to keep it out of her eyes with one hand. The other held the shower's handheld sprayer far too closely to her head. Naked wasn't bothering her in the slightest either, since she was stuck.

<Sue> Sue decided, rather than to stain her white shirt, to just take it off, roll up her jeans and get in the shower to help free Jean from her predicament. "Your failskills are impressive. You could teach a class."

<Jean> Sue had a right to be worried, since the black dye was all over the inside of the shower, and Jean. "...I will think about something bitchy to say after you heeeeeelp meeee, please?" Her long, now-dark hair was tangled around the sprayer and she couldn't move without it yanking out strands.

<Sue> "Okay, just hold still..." She took the weight of the shower head so she could carefully untangle the hair from it. "Apologies in advance if it hurts."

<Jean> "That's okaaaaOW!"

<Sue> "Sorry! Sorry!" Sue held the shower head as close to Jean's head as possible and shut off the water for better visibility. "Don't move, I think I can see where it's caught."

<Jean> Jean had no problems with not moving, except that gave her enough time to realize she was butt naked and wet in the shower with another girl. A girl who liked other girls. Her eyes bugged slightly.

<Sue> Sue was aware the black water was dripping all over her jeans and her bra and she'd have to throw both away because that was never coming out but she powered through it and carefully unwound Jean's hair, "Pass the shampoo, the dye's dried out your hair and it's making it stick more."

<Jean> She fumbled for the shampoo without looking and nearly dropped it, but her teke compensated and she floated it over. At a loss, her hands hovered over first the hair situation, then her boobs, then at her sides in a silent flail.

<Sue> Sue flipped the cap open with her thumb and squeezed out some shampoo on Jean's hair making sure to coat all the bits that were still curled around the hose. Slowly, it started to slide and unwind, Sue gently pulled the hose, helping the hair when it got stuck and finally freeing it. "Winning!"

<Jean> "Wooo!" With nothing else to look at, Jean had found herself eye to covered nipple with not-her-own-boobs. Not her own boobs, which were wet and covered with black dye now too. "Shit, you ruined your bra..."

<Jean> She was pretty sure she'd seen a video on the internet that started like this.

<Sue> "Yep... and my jeans." Sue gave a weary sigh, "It's okay." She shrugged, "I'll just... dry off or something and make a run for more clothes... invisible." She switched the water back on, "First though, I'm washing off the shampoo and dye that I can so you'll have to just bear with me a few more moments."

<Jean> They... weren't bad boobs. Not at all. In fact, they were nice ones. "Huh?" Jean shook herself and looked up, realizing what she'd been doing.

<Sue> Sue found herself blushing but she laughed anyway, "Never mind. Shampoo your hair."

<Jean> Jean reached up and adjusted the now-stationary sprayer in the more traditional manner and sudsed up her hair. "Um... you can borrow some of my clothes, and I'll replace what I helped make all gothy." She smiled at Sue. "Thanks."

<Sue> "You're welcome," Sue returned the smile. The shampoo was off her skin now so she stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel to dry off then set about peeling off her jeans.

<Jean> Eyes closed to rinse her own hair, Jean turned around to respond and realized Sue was a whole lot more naked than she had been a minute ago. She blinked.

<Sue> Sue looked over when the sounds of scrubbing stopped, "... Would it help if I was invisible?"

<Jean> "Oh!" Jean laughed nervously. "Oh... no, it's not... it's, um, okay. Like, you're okay. Fine. It's fine." Mentally she smacked herself. What the hell was wrong with her?!

<Sue> Sue laughed, shaking her head, "Okay, if you say so." She dried the ends of her hair and eyed her underwear. She'd leave it on for Jean's sanity. Wrapping herself in the towel, she picked up her shirt, shoes and socks, and went to put them out of harm's way in the bedroom.

<Jean> It wasn't long before Jean followed, wrapped in a fluffy pink bathrobe and with the offending hair wound up under a stained towel. She quickly grabbed her spare robe - also pink, but a more subdued shade, except for the hot pink kissy lips pattern. "Here you go, and I'll find something better."

<Jean> She paused. "Unless, like, you like that, and if so, that's okay. It doesn't bother me... why would it bother me?"

<Sue> Sue smile, taking the robe, "Thanks. I'm good as long as it's warm." She pulled it on, letting the towel drop to the floor.

<Jean> "Okay, cool." She grinned and grabbed a piece of chocolate and popped it into her mouth. "I totally owe you one."

<Sue> "Nah, it's fine... it's nice to not be all on my own in my room for a change. Debt's already paid."

<Jean> "Aww, you don't have to hide in your room." Jean had an idea now, and so she opened her closet door. There was quite a glare from inside.

<Sue> "I'm not hiding... I just don't have anything else to do..." she shrugged, "It's okay, I'm used to it. Johnny was always the popular one with all the friends and the social life. My only job was to get good grades."

<Jean> Jean giggled. "I remember hitting on Johnny."

<Sue> "Everyone hit on Johnny. And he loved it. I don't mind that he was that person but sometimes it's a bit lonely now without him barging in with some ridiculous story of trouble he's got himself into that I have to help him out of... I miss the drama."

<Jean> "Yeah," she paused her rummaging to look back at Sue. "Jamie liked him, even... after what happened. He still misses him too." She offered a small smile of sympathy.

<Sue> "It's sort of nice to talk about it... hard to do that when you've got no friends." She wrinkled her nose, "Mum and dad don't want to talk about it, Hope is... crazy... there's not a lot of people around that'd get it that don't already have their own shit to deal with and I don't want to be all whiney at people."

<Jean> "I think you've got a friend." Jean grinned and turned back to the closet to pull out a purple shirt, then a blue. She turned around to show them off. "One of these would look good on you."

<Sue> "Well if we weren't friends after all that," she gestured toward the bathroom, "I'd say there's some conversations about boundaries that should happen." She gave Jean a grin in return and pointed at the blue one.

<Jean> "I knoooow, right?!" She wrinkled her nose and scrunched her shoulders, flinging the blue shirt over her shoulder to turn back into the closet. "But I do get it. I wasn't that close to Rachel, but she was still family..." Jean chewed her lip. "With Professor Guthrie and Professor Drake together now... it's like she was never here..."

<Sue> "I think the Hellfire Club would disagree," Sue offered with a small smile, taking the shirt from the air. "I miss what it was like before... all those people just gone one day... it's not fair."

<Jean> "Yeah, no kidding," she laughed, pulling out a black mini skirt and holding it up to Sue. The mood quickly sobered with her other comment, however. "I know... me and Jamie... we were in the woods, at the tree fort? Did you ever see that?" She smiled to herself for a moment. "We saw the fire and he was... he couldn't go back."

<Jean> Jean sniffed. "So we ran..."

<Sue> "I don't blame you... sometimes I wish I'd run instead of staying. Staying was not good.... we should build a new tree fort. I can totally build a tree house. I helped construct the landing stage back home and there's a river involved for that - and I didn't have powers back then." She shook her head for the skirt.

<Jean> "No? Why? It's cute!" Jean shook the skirt. "Show off!" Building things Jean was not so sure about, but... "That tree fort was great! We totally need a new one. It'd be soooo much better than the creepy awfulness in these buildings. I don't care how much they've fixed it up, this is still a mental hospital!"

<Sue> "Then we can do that... but when it's not icy anymore.... and I don't wear skirts that short... can't pull it off."

<Jean> "What do you mean you can't pull it off." Jean gave Sue's legs a pointed look, then back up at her with her patented WTF expression.

<Sue> "They look weird on me... I'm pale... and, besides, I associate short things with skating and I don't do that anymore..."

<Jean> "You're a ...skater?" Jean made a vague hang-ten hand gesture she thought she remembered seeing Rachel do once. Maybe.

<Sue> Sue laughed, "Not that kind of skating. Figure skating. I was in the running for the Olympics but then the blood tests happened and they found out I'm a mutant so... no more Olympics."

<Jean> Jean's mouth fell open.

<Sue> Sue's eyebrows went up, "What? Don't think I'm the type?"

<Jean> "I was..." Jean's mouth worked for a moment, then she got excited. Really, really excited. "OH MY GOD!" She waved both arms, nearly losing her head towel and swooshing the skirt through the air. "ME TOO!"

<Sue> Sue blinked at her, "Really?"

<Jean> "Okay, not ice skating." She cocked her head, trying to decide if she was having deja vu. Then, she shook it off. "I was a cyclist. I was supposed to go to Rio... I was on the team." She waved the skirt again. "Then the blood tests..."

<Sue> "Well at least your power could have conceivably interfered with your ability to do stuff. Mine couldn't. All I could do at the time was turn invisible, it was totally unfair." All the anger she'd put aside bubbled up again, "This is why I want to go into politics."

<Jean> "All of it's unfair. It's why my parents were all 'oh, there's this guy with a cure! Why don't you go get all brainwashed!'" She huffed, then realized what Sue was saying. "Wait, what? Like... Hope's dad?"

<Sue> "Well, I don't think I can be President because I'm British but, yes. I want to go tell the government to shove all their anti-mutant crap up their collective arses."

<Jean> Jean stared at Sue for a long moment. "Cool!" She tossed her the skirt. "You totes need short skirts for that then!"

<Sue> "... Why? So I can get hit on by dirty old men that I wouldn't find attractive even if I was straight?"

<Jean> "Well... yeah." Was that not the most obvious thing in the world?

<Sue> Sue's nose wrinkled, "No thanks... throwing up on peoples' shoes isn't the way to endear yourself to them."

<Jean> "OMG." Jean went over to Sue and literally took her under her wing and sat them both down on the bed. Then, she took a deep breath. "Aside from the whole shot dead thing, you do remember Madelyne Pryor, yeah?"

<Sue> Sue nodded, "Yes, I remember she was awesome... and got shot in the head." Sue sat down, slightly confused by the sudden turn of events and wondering if this was what it was like for Jamie all the time.

<Jean> "She was awesome, and so were her clothes! She looked like she could kick every man's ass in her short skirts! Everybody loves that!" Jean smiled brightly, her point made.

<Sue> "But I don't look like I can kick anyone's ass... I'm a shortish skinny blonde girl whose mutant power means she can hide really well and run the fuck away. I mean... I don't do that because I'm programmed to think like a tank but that's disproportionate to my appearance..."

<Jean> Jean didn't get what tanks had to do with any of this, because Sue totally wasn't fat, but whatever! "But the idea is to make people think you can kick their ass... that way they don't fuck with you."

<Sue> "But I can kick everyone's ass... No one's gonna shoot me in the head. I'm always prepared."

<Jean> "See, then that's even better!" She bounced a little on the bed. "Show off those legs and show the nasty old men what they'll never have."

<Sue> "I'd rather trousers.... I could wear a trouser suit. They look good on me."

<Jean> "Pantsuit." She leaned back and gave Sue a loooong look. "You could rock a pantsuit. With heels." Happy again, she bounced back to the closet.

<Sue> "Yep, I could. I like suits. I like trousers." She nodded sagely, "Especially when it's freezing cold outside."

<Jean> "Yeah... that's the suck part of looking cute." She found a pair of black leather studded pants and held them up in question.

<Sue> Sue raised an eyebrow then burst out laughing, "If I'm going to wear those I'd feel like I should have a bullwhip or something."

<Jean> "...I can help you with that." She giggled, then put the pants back and found a pair of capris, which should be about the right leg length. "Aha!"

<Sue> "Better!" Sue cheered, "Now you can have your robe back, even though it's snuggly!" She stood up, turning her top half from the neck down invisible so that she could take off the dyed bra, it became visible once she extended her arm to throw the item into the bathroom to sit with her jeans.

<Jean> The whole invisible middle thing made her go D: for a moment, then she saw the bra fly into the bathroom. ....cool.

<Sue> Sue pulled the borrowed top on and her upper half reappeared, then she put the borrowed trousers on and sat down again. "Ah. Better. No damp bras are always good."

<Jean> "You need some fuck me boots with that outfit," she decided, and started digging around in the closet again.

<Sue> "Those are exactly what I don't need... that'd be like a red flag to a bull if I walk by Doreen..."

<Jean> "Tell her to go buff her tail." Jean pulled out a pair of strappy black heels and waved them.

<Sue> "I could just turn invisible and run like hell, I suppose..." She held a hand out for the shoes.

<Jean> "Handy talent." She nodded. "If I want to disappear I'd have to scrub her brains, and thaaaat doesn't always go so well."

<Sue> Sue wrinkled her nose again, "Yeeeeah, that doesn't sound at all pleasant... well sometimes it would be nice. You know, those things you wish you could unsee on the internet..."

<Jean> Jean giggled. "Okay, so we got you an outfit..." She took her hair down from its towel and fluffed the damp black strands. "Now we need to work some maaaagic."

<Sue> Sue wasn't sure what magic Jean was intending to work but she was entirely too excited about it. "Um..."

<Jean> "This is gonna be sooo fun!" Jean started cracking open cases from her bookshelf, including the pink hair Caboodle.

<Sue> Sue watched her, growing steadily more alarmed. "Did I unwittingly submit to an extreme makeover?"

<Jean> "It's not extreme it's just a little one!" She picked up a couple mini candy bars and gave them to Sue. "Come oooon. Chocolate and pampering. It's like a spa!"

<Sue> "Okay... but only because you didn't freak out when you were all naked and I had to get in the shower with you. It's refreshing not to have freakouts."

<Jean> Jean giggled. "Why would I freak out when you're my hero!" She flipped her damp hair, still sorting out makeup and unwinding the cord on the flat iron.

<Sue> "Because people freak out, it's what people here are good at... but yay I'm a hero!"

<Jean> "You are! Now sit your fine ass down so I can make you fluffy!"

<Sue> Sue did as she was told and attempted to relax.

<Jean> Now completely in her element, Jean laid out a full array of makeup brushes. She stared long and hard at Sue's face, then dotted an array of colored makeup on the back of her hand and got to work.

<Sue> Sue sat still, tilting her head and closing her eyes as instructed by Jean. She'd never really had this sort of relationship with any of her acquaintances growing up so it was a new experience.

<Jean> Jean contoured and color corrected and concealed. "Looook up!" she instructed, lining Sue's eyes and filling in her brows... wow they needed plucking, buuuut she supposed that could wait.

<Jean> For now.

<Jean> "Pucker up!" Jean swapped brushes again and picked a blue-based red. "This will make your teeth look extra white, and it might end up with a bow on it for Christmas too."

<Sue> "Uh... okay..." Sue had no idea what Jean was talking about. She decided just to let her have her fun. If it was awful, she could just invisible it anyway. It'd be good for practicing fine control.

<Jean> It was not awful. It was beautiful! Finally, Jean stepped back and just looked at Sue. Bit by bit, a smile spread across her face. "Awwww, look at you!"

<Jean> "But don't!" Jean reached for the flat iron. "I need to do your hair!"

<Sue> "But I like my hair how it is. Well maybe it could use a brush and some mousse after the shower but it's fine all curly..."

<Jean> "Curly." She said this as if it were the strangest concept she'd ever heard. Contemplating this, Jean tapped a toe and then bounced. "I can do curly! We can make it curlier!"

<Sue> Sue winced a little, "Okay... but if you're going to do that, some of it is going up."

<Jean> "Oooo, updo. I like it!" Once again, she got to work, using the flat iron to fluff up Sue's curls. She spilled a box of pins across her desk and started putting hair up, humming under her breath.

<Sue> Sue felt like she should have a magazine or be talking about her holiday plans or something.

<Jean> That would have been fine by Jean, but even so she was lost in her happy place. After a short while, she stepped back, both hands hovering over her creation and then waving. "Eeee! You're so pretty!"

<Sue> Sue studied her reflection in the mirror for some time, trying to decide how she felt about it. She'd never really seen herself like this or made this much of an effort, "All dressed up and nowhere to go."

<Jean> Jean beamed at the approval. "We could find somewhere to go."

<Sue> "We could do that... I might have to put a bra on first though."

<Jean> Her eyes totally didn't go to said boobs. Nope, they didn't. "Naaaaaah."

<Sue> "But it's cold out..." Sue whined.

<Jean> "We could go find Doreen," she offered.

<Sue> ".... Are you trying to kill me?"

<Jean> "I would never! You're my hero!" Jean leaned in and kissed Sue on the tip of her nose - there was no way she was fucking up that makeup!

<Jean> "Soooo, I can get ready, and we should go do something! Anything! Even just more shopping!"

<Sue> Sue laughed at the dramatics, blushing again under the makeup, "Shopping with a pro... sounds dangerous to my bank account."

<Jean> "Maybe, or maybe to my parents." She grinned and turned to the closet to find her own killer outfit.

<Sue> "Okay... then I should probably go and find my handbag and gloves... and a bra."

<Jean> Jean looked up from the closet. "Bra is optional!"

<Sue> "Nope! Chafing!" Sue gathered up her damp clothes in a forcefield bubble and carried them out behind her.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6