11/30 Instance: Rosemary's Baby

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/30 Instance: Rosemary's Baby

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after The Mom Voice

<Jessica> Hours. They'd been waiting for hours. She'd shouted at six different nurses and two doctors to no avail other than earn herself a blood pressure monitor and a timeout in a patient room of her own. She'd called Shinobi to let him know that she'd be out for a long time and texted Viper to fill her in and remind her not to randomly show up for a visit because SHIELD would freak out and she'd never see Sebastian.

<Jessica> Now she stared at the wall in front of her, a cup of coffee that she wasn't intending to drink warming her hands - they had no tea. She sighed heavily shifting her weight subconsciously and worrying at her lip.

<Bobby> Bobby had a cup of coffee too, but he was systematically seeing how much of the cup he could pick off without spilling the coffee. He'd had to call Paige to tell her he was going to be late, though not why since he didn't want her to worry, and Anna, since he couldn't get Rip yet after all. He sat in the chair beside Jess' bed and winced when her blood pressure monitor beeped yet again before it started pumping.

<Jessica> "Oh for God's sake..." Jess slammed the cup in her hands down on the table by her bed, spill over half of it in the process and ripped the cuff off her arm. "There."

<Bobby> "Jess, babe... they don't like it when you do that." He put his own cup down and got up to pick up the cuff, giving it a wary stare since it was still puffing up and now the monitor was going crazy. "And you probably need it, since, y'know..." Bobby gestured at her belly.

<Jessica> "I'm stressed out because my husband is in surgery and they won't tell me anything! It's their fault! If they want to fix it they can come in here with some actual news and keep their stupid beeping machines to themselves. They're unnecessarily loud." She blasted it. Muuuuch better. She smiled smugly and settled back against the pillows.

<Bobby> Bobby jumped and nearly frosted himself at the sudden green flash. "Jesus! Jess!" That brought in a nurse and a uniformed SHIELD guard. "It's okay, it's okay! She's just... scared." Bobby intercepted the guard, but left the nurse to see to Jess.

<Jessica> "I'm not scared. I'm pissed off. Do you have news for me yet?" She eyerolled at the nurse who went to get a more portable blood pressure cuff to check her again. "I'm fine. If you put that on me I will zap you too." The nurse paused and looked at the guard and Bobby. Jess also turned her attention to Bobby, "Tell her I'm serious."

<Bobby> He sighed. "She's serious, but she shouldn't be." Bobby gave her a pointed look. "You need to take care of yourself and your baby."

<Jessica> "I've been sat here pissed off for hours and the world hasn't ended. I'm sure I can keep going for a few hours more. I will say something if I feel ill, okay?" Jess gave all three of the other occupants of the room a challenging look.

<Bobby> Bobby licked his lips, started to say something, then thought better of it. "Um... just... come, yeah, you...and you." He gestured at the nurse, then the guard, then herded them out the door. Then, he closed it behind him for a moment and started another attempt to pull rank.

<Jessica> Finally alone and without the annoying beeping, Jess lay her head back on the pillows and closed her eyes, taking a few cleansing breaths. "See, we're fine without the stupid annoying doctors," she smoothed her hands over the bump. Relaxing somewhat and letting her mind wander, a small frown creased her brow. Something was off.

<Jessica> She sat up, quietly moving to the door and opening it, slipping out behind Bobby and the distracted staff and wandering down the hallway in search of whatever it was that was nagging at her.

<Bobby> Bobby was on the phone again, this time with Darren, hoping he had more pull. While the nurse had told him Shaw was out of surgery and in recovery, he knew Jess would want more than that.

<Jessica> She continued her walk down the corridor until she reached a door and decided that was the way she needed to go next, opening it and slipping inside before she closed the door behind her. Only then did she take in the contents of the room, "Oh Sebastian..."

<Bobby> "Yeah, yeah, okay." Bobby listened to Darren with a frown, glancing occasionally at the closed door of her room. "Well don't do it for me - would you want Sel not to know if you were okay?"

<Jessica> She crossed to his bed and sat down beside it, taking his hand in hers and lifting it to her lips. She kept his hand in one of hers and reached up with the other to gently brush her fingers through his hair.

<Bobby> He took a bit more punishment before the end of the call. On his way back to the room, he noticed the door was just slightly ajar. He looked inside. "Fuck..."

<Jessica> "What the hell were you doing at the hospital?" she asked quietly, deciding to get all the worry out of the way before he woke up, "Buttering up the nurses so they treat me nice when I have the baby? You're starting way early." She bent to press a kiss to his cheek, "But next time can you schedule it for when there's not a sentinel attack?"

<Bobby> This was not good, in fact it was the opposite of good. This was bad. Very, very bad. He searched the room and the bathroom, just in case, then started looking. There was no way he was alerting the staff... Moving down the hall, he gave the ceiling side eye as well, just in case.

<Jessica> Jess glanced at the door, the frown returning, "I'll be right back." She pressed a kiss to his forehead as she rose, placing his hand back down on his chest and going to the door. She opened it and poked her head out into the hall, "Stop freaking out, I'm not breaking in to top secret labs and stealing stuff."

<Bobby> Bobby jumped and nearly shouted, but managed to recover. "What the fuck Jess?!"

<Jessica> "Shh, Sebastian's sleeping," she put her finger to her lips as she moved out into the hall, letting the door rest against her back, "I decided to look for him... apparently I'm really good at it."

<Bobby> "You found him?" It took a moment for that to sink in. "Impressive, babe. They told me he was in recovery." Bobby leaned a little to look around Jess, but saw nothing but wall. Oh, well, there were beeping things in there too.

<Jessica> "First door I tried... felt like the right place to be..." she glanced behind her at the door, half listening to the sounds of his breathing underneath all the machines to be alerted to any change as soon as it happened.

<Bobby> "Felt like?" He cocked his head. "Spider sense?"

<Jessica> Jess raised an eyebrow, "Or his powers are back and it's our psychic link?"

<Bobby> "Yeah, but if his powers were back wouldn't he be... better?" He really didn't know how those worked, and was still somewhat creeped out that the guy was a telepath at all.

<Jessica> "I don't know... he needs absorbed energy to heal fast and he probably lost anything he'd absorbed when his powers were canceled out, right?" she glanced back to the room.

<Bobby> "Beats me - he's your shark." He shrugged and tried a grin, then leaned to look past her again. "So he's... still out?"

<Shaw> Sounds were muffled, everything was jangled, and everything hurt.

<Jessica> Jess went to nod but stopped, "No... he's awake... can you get a nurse?" she turned to go back into the room without waiting for a response.

<Shaw> One of the voices became more clear and he knew it well, but when he opened his eyes the light was blinding and his voice didn't want to work.

<Bobby> Bobby knew a dismissal when he got one and went looking for a nurse, since now they were avoiding the crazy people like a plague.

<Jessica> Jess took his hand again, brushing her other hand over his hair once more, "It's alright, Bobby's going to get a nurse so you can have something for the pain... You've been out for several hours."

<Shaw> Hours? He felt her hand and smiled a bit, attempting to open his eyes again.

<Bobby> After assuring them that this time security wasn't necessary, he got a nurse to come with him and went into the room. Wow, he looked... worse than he had earlier. That was impressive. "Mission accomplished."

<Jessica> "Wee small hours of the morning," Jess clarified, glancing at the nurse, "Is there a way to turn the lights down? And can you give him some painkillers?"

<Bobby> The nurse gave Jess the same look that Bobby did. "You sure he's awake?"

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "Of course he's awake, he smiled at me."

<Shaw> Ah, Drake's voice, but it too sounded muffled, as did the nurse's voice when she asked him about the lights and his pain levels. He managed a nod and the lights were dimmed enough for him to open his eyes, not that it helped much as everything was a blur.

<Bobby> "Oh, yep... nevermind." Bobby took a step back to find a wall to hold up.

<Jessica> Jess smiled at him when his eyes opened, lifting his hand to rest the back of it against her cheek, "You shouldn't scare me like that when I'm pregnant..."

<Shaw> He licked his lips, searched for their link, then frowned.

<Jessica> "I'm not mad... I'm glad you're okay and I'm fine, even if they've been a bit neurotic here with checking my blood pressure. Don't worry." She turned her head to kiss the back of his hand then reached for the water jug beside his bed and the cup with a straw so he could have a drink.

<Shaw> Confused but grateful, he lifted his head just a bit to take a drink, although that made it spin. It did help his throat, however. "Hello, love," he tried, then cleared his throat.

<Jessica> "Hello yourself," she replied with a small smile, "You'll be out of here in no time so make the most of it."

<Shaw> "I would hope so." His voice was rough, which he did not appreciate. Turning his hand, he brushed his fingers over her cheek, noticing the damage to his hand. "Blood pressure?" It had taken a moment for the meaning of that to register and his gaze fell to the bump.

<Bobby> Still lurking near the sink, he watched the nurse putter around the couple and shifted his feet. Yeah, it was time to go... they were getting... way too normal, and he was going to start feeling bad for Shaw if he didn't watch it.

<Jessica> "Unsurprisingly, I was stressed out because they wouldn't tell me how you were. I might have broken things..." she looked over at Bobby, "Thank you for waiting with me... I know you probably want to get back to Paige and Ripley..."

<Bobby> "Yeah, no problem, babe." He didn't come any closer and gave her a salute. "I should... Rogue has Ripley. Glad you're, um, okay... Sebastian."

<Shaw> Sebastian turned his head slowly to give the blurry Drake a once-over. "Thank you."

<Jessica> "Um... can you tell someone we'll probably need them to take us home because we came in your car and ours isn't here..." she chewed her lip, eyes still on Bobby.

<Shaw> "I can call for a company car, when I'm released." They had best release him the second he could sit up. The Drake-blur was still there, so he squinted at it.

<Bobby> "T-there you go then." He nodded, eyes on Shaw, who was glaring at him. "Okay, good night, babe." Giving the bed a wide berth, he went around and kissed Jess' temple before he turned for the door.

<Jessica> She gave him another smile but there was something off, she waited for Bobby to go through the door and turned to Sebastian, "What happened to the car?"

<Shaw> He turned the squint on her and again tried to reach the link. "He flash-froze the tires and they shattered. How are you doing that?"

<Jessica> Oh joy, she was going to be stranded at home until they got a new car with the lurker and the horny squirrel. She decided to let that go... for now. "Doing what?"

<Shaw> "You know what I'm thinking, love." He coughed again and groaned. Those pain meds were not working quickly enough.

<Jessica> "Well that's normal..." Jess didn't know what the confusion was about.

<Shaw> He slowly shook his head. "I don't have my abilities. The sentinel. If I did, I would use them... it feels like they rammed a soda can down my throat."

<Jessica> Now she was confused, "Then... I don't know?" she blinked at him for a moment then looked down at the bump.

<Shaw> Sebastian looked at it as well and placed his hand on the bump, fingers spread. "Perhaps she's a telepath then..."

<Jessica> "Nooooo no one wants a child with telepathy, how could we discipline her if she knows what we're thinking all the time?" That was Jess' idea of a nightmare scenario.

<Shaw> "It would take time for her powers to develop... in theory." He moved his hand and was rewarded with a thump.

<Jessica> "Think she disagrees... and I wasn't that old when I learned how to climb up walls... maybe seven..." She wondered idly if that blood pressure machine would be beeping right now had she kept it on. Probably.

<Shaw> Sebastian smiled and gave a gentle poke back. "I can see if I can sense anything when my abilities come back... which can't come too soon. Everything is blurry."

<Jessica> "Blurry how?" She gave him a suspicious look, "Sebastian Shaw... do you need glasses?"

<Shaw> "My hearing is also affected, so let's hope it's simply my missing abilities." He rested his head back against the pillow and stared at the ceiling. "Finally... I believe those drugs are working."

<Jessica> "Good," she smiled shifting in her seat to lean against the bed, "I'll let everyone know you're okay in a little while. First I think I'll take a small nap..."

<Shaw> Very carefully, he inched sideways to give her room. "I would be more okay if you could give that Irish woman a call. It seems no matter how much you insist you know a healer the SHIELD doctors would rather resort to a scalpel."

<Jessica> "But how would we get her in... Carol. Okay, I'll call Cessily..." She yawned, "Can I nap first?"

<Shaw> "Of course. I'm high... or well on my way, so it can wait." He turned his head to give her a bright smile. "A nap it is."