11/30 Instance: Under the #bigtop

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/30 Instance: Under the #bigtop

Post by Slarti »

Timelined the day after Three's Company

<Shaw> Sebastian took another sip of water and bent the bendy straw back and forth. Back and forth. With another dose of painkillers working their way into his system and Jess back home on a forced break, he was alone. He was also bored. And high. Would it kill SHIELD to provide him with at least a laptop? An internet connection?

<Paige> Paige had considered wearing her white coat in case SHIELD tried to stop her, but she figured being Bobby's fiancee had to have some perks. After a little waiting (and eyelash batting), she was led back to Sebastian's room. She checked herself over before knocking on the door.

<Shaw> Nurses didn't knock. They just came in and demanded things. Like blood samples. And urine samples. "Yes?" He looked up from his straw, curious.

<Paige> The door cracked open and a blonde poked her head in with a smile. "Hey... can I come in?"

<Shaw> "Miss Paige! Of course!" He smiled and set the cup aside, though he nearly missed the tray.

<Paige> "Ummm. Yeah. That." She smiled and moved on into the room, closing the door behind her. "How um... How are you feeling?"

<Shaw> "Oh, just fine, at the moment." Sebastian's smile turned into a broad grin, until it pulled his stitches a bit and he had to scale it down. "How are you, my dear? You look wonderful."

<Paige> Smiling more now, Paige moved to sit beside him. "I'm just fine. You are the one in the hospital," she pointed out as she sat down.

<Shaw> "Only temporarily." He shifted to see her better, but winced. There were limits to the drugs, it seemed.

<Paige> She reached out to take his hand. "You'll be home soon enough with a loving wife to dote upon you."

<Shaw> His grin ramped back up and he squeezed her hand. "She's been here since last night. I had to beg her to go home and take a break."

<Paige> "See?" She smiled at him again. "I'm sure she's at home worrying about you now."

<Shaw> "Likely, although I hope not too much... her blood pressure." He sighed slightly and laid his head back on the pillow.

<Paige> "I suggested she get an alert for that. I guess she didn't want it," Paige settled back in her seat. "Have they said how long you have to stay here?"

<Shaw> That took a moment to process. "You did?"

<Paige> "Of course. I'm a doctor. I do things to help people."

<Shaw> "She never mentioned that..."

<Paige> "May not have had the chance." Paige patted his hand. "I saw Hope apologize. It does happen." She giggled a bit.

<Shaw> The sudden change of subject was too much for his drug-addled brain. He gave her a befuddled look and a slow blink.

<Paige> "It was like seeing a unicorn!"

<Shaw> "I've never seen evidence for unicorns, but I suppose anything is possible."

<Paige> Giggling, Paige smiled at him. "I just had to share. I didn't think it was possible."

<Shaw> "For what did she apologize?" He fiddled with his blanket.

<Paige> "For not telling Bobby she was leaving campus. Of course, then they had a huge fight..." Paige sighed, pressing a hand to her face. "I just can't win."

<Shaw> "She tends to illic...il... get that reaction from people, yes." Sebastian realized they were still holding hands and gave hers an awkward pat, which of course pulled his IV.

<Paige> Paige smiled a bit at him, relaxing in her chair. "Anyway..." Paige glanced around at his monitors. "I hope you can go home soon."

<Shaw> "So do I. I'm terribly bored." He rolled his head sideways to look at her and may have even pouted a bit.

<Paige> Laughing, Paige wrinkled her nose at him. "Well, surely we can find something entertaining to do here. TV? Puzzles?"

<Shaw> He made a rude noise.

<Paige> "Plotting destruction?" Paige offered with a giggle.

<Shaw> "I'm far too medicated for that, although I'm certain that's what your Drake assumes I do at all times."

<Paige> "You mean you don't!?" She asked him in mock shock, still giggling. "We can plot the destruction of some cookies that I can sneak in to you."

<Shaw> "Those would be most welcome." He grinned, knowing Jessica was also plotting to smuggle in food. "Oh... I wanted to ask you something." However, he'd forgotten it...

<Paige> "Sure! What do you want to know?" Which reminded her. She needed her ring back.

<Shaw> He'd already asked Jess to let him look in a mirror, so that wasn't it. Oh, yes! "Do I strictly need a spleen?"

<Paige> Blinking in surprise, Paige laughed and ruffled his hair. "Given your healing factor? I think you'll live. Just try to avoid diseased people... just in case."

<Shaw> "Fat lot of good it's done me so far," he said, obviously very irritated by this. "Avoid diseased people." Sebastian gave a meaningful look around the room. "Well then, they need to release me for my health."

<Paige> "I think you are perfectly safe in here, Cookiepie." Paige patted him again.

<Shaw> He tried a smirk at the nickname, but it slid into an idiotic grin. "Well, especially with you to protect me. You're quite something..."

<Paige> "Paigey the protector!" She laughed happily, especially at his goofy grin.

<Shaw> "Paigey the protector," he agreed with a nod and laughed.

<Paige> Sighing, Paige nodded. "Well somebody has to protect you."

<Shaw> "You know, you might be onto something there... kidnapped, very nearly eaten by cannibals, kidnapped again, brainwashed... i've had two buildings fall in on me... and then Sarkis...Sexsian.... Viper. She's the one who broke my spleen before."

<Paige> "Leave it to me! I'll be your super hero!" Paige struck a sort of pose while still seated.

<Shaw> He chuckled, but her pose drew his attention to her chest. Oh, yes, he'd seen those...

<Paige> Laughing with him, Paige settled back into her seat. "We could play chess? Or checkers? Or sudouku?"

<Shaw> "Chess?" Sebastian made a sour face, while subtly moving one of his pillows to his lap. Well, there was nothing wrong with his memory. "As the Black King, I respectfully decline, although you could make a fetching White Queen."

<Paige> "I'm not sure if that racist or not... but I do like to be royalty." She grinned at him.

<Shaw> His laugh was loud enough to pull a stitch in his side. "Oh..." When he caught his breath, he shook his head. "It's not racist, no. Just... ridiculous."

<Paige> Not quite sure what was so funny, Paige just smiled at him, glad he was laughing. "Well.... good!"

<Shaw> In his current state, her cluelessness was especially endearing and he returned the smile with a genuine one of his own. "I'm very glad you're here, love." He held out his hand to her again.

<Paige> Smiling back at him, Paige took his hand with both of her's. "Me too. Thank you, by the way. We couldn't have made it out of there without you."

<Shaw> "I'm as amazed by that as you," he said, shaking his head. Pulling a hand closer, he kissed her knuckles and managed a smirk. "You lot are rubbing off on me."

<Paige> She smiled warmly at him, squeezing his hand. "I knew there was good in you."

<Shaw> "Don't tell a soul," he whispered, nose wrinkled. Oh! He did have something for her. In his pants.

<Paige> Grinning, she put a finger to her lips. "Your secret is safe with me!"

<Shaw> "I knew I could trust you." He giggled, then took his hand back to point at the cabinet in the corner of the room. "Could you get the plastic bag from that lovely wardrobe they provided for me?"

<Paige> "Always!" Paige kissed his forehead before heading to the cabinet. It took just a moment to locate the bag, which she then passed to Sebastian as she took her seat again. "Anything exciting in there?"

<Shaw> "Well, my underwear, which could be a tad soiled after our misadventure." He threw her a playful wink and looked for the smaller bag where they'd placed his pocket change, keys, wallet, and two pieces of jewelry. His own wedding ring had remained in place throughout his ordeal.

<Paige> "Ewwwww!!!" Paige made a face, edging her chair back a bit.

<Shaw> "I'm joking," he chuckled, again far more amused than he should have been. As soon as he located the pink diamond ring, he slid it onto his pinkie finger, though it only reached halfway to the second knuckle, and held it up to the light to inspect. "This, I believe, must belong to you."

<Paige> "My ring!" Paige carefully took it from him, slipping it back onto her left hand where it belonged. She carefully leaned over to hug him, so very grateful. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

<Shaw> "You're quite welcome." He patted her arm awkwardly, his chin on her shoulder. "I'm afraid your necklace wasn't quite as durable..."

<Paige> Paige winced as she eased back into her chair. "I'm so, so sorry about that, Sebastian. Like really... really sorry."

<Shaw> "It wasn't your fault, my dear." Sebastian picked the twisted necklace from the bag and held it in his palm, letting her see it. "The central diamond is intact and just a few of the smaller stones are missing. I can likely get it fixed, when I'm more mobile, of course, which will happen as soon as Jess can track down that insane Irish woman."

<Paige> Truly touched, Paige wrapped her arms around him for another hug. "Thank you, Sebastian."

<Shaw> "It's my pleasure, particularly when it earns me such gratitude." He chuckled at her renewed hug attack and when he pulled back he brushed the backs of his knuckles over her cheek. "I take it you visited the resident healer, or do your abilities allow you to heal?"

<Paige> She shook her head no. "Very minor ones I can morph away, but no... I went to see Anna." She carefully took the diamond necklace from him to inspect it.

<Shaw> "Excellent. We don't want scars." He smirked and cocked an eyebrow. "Pretty faces such as ours shouldn't be marred, after all."

<Paige> Her face burned bright red. She tucked some of her blonde hair behind her ear, trying to cover it up a little, though unsuccessfully. She was speechless for a moment, peeking up at him. "Thank you."

<Shaw> Blushing was such a delightful pastime for a blonde. He chuckled again, voice low. "You're welcome." Sebastian cocked his head, picking up a faint sound outside the door.

<Bobby> Whatever Phil was up to, he hadn't been sure he was buying it until he actually stood outside the door and listened for a couple of minutes.

<Paige> Paige leaned over and kissed the top of his head. "Thank you for being so understanding too. And helpful. And nice."

<Bobby> He had made a valiant effort to ignore Phil's teasing texts about Paige visiting Shaw, but when the hashtags started he lost his resolve. Especially persuasive were #epicflirting and #strokinglikeacat. So now he was arguing with himself in the hallway while Phil cackled at the nurse's station and watched the security monitor.

<Shaw> "Well, I do enjoy a good ego stroke," he laughed, running his hand through his hair, since he was sure it was still a mess, and likely standing at attention.

<Paige> Pushing him gently, Paige laughed. "I should think of an insult really quickly."

<Shaw> "Oh, a bit harder, will you?" He gave her a playful leer.

<Bobby> He heard it all, and he paced, and he told himself to let it go. He may have sung to himself, too. His phone chirped again and he grabbed his pocket, shooting Phil a glare and a flail.

<Shaw> Sebastian heard the curious noise from the hall and looked at the door.

<Paige> Paige sighed and roll her eyes. "Sorry," she told him, setting the necklace aside. "Thank you for fixing it. It's gorgeous."

<Shaw> He returned his attention to his guest and smiled. "I'm glad you like it." Licking his lips, he pushed himself a little more upright, the pillow sliding from his lap. "So... I take it your fiance calmed down a tad?"

<Bobby> [I mean it ur a dick! a dickless dick! #uglykendoll #smooth] Bobby hit send. Wait, they were talking about him now?

<Paige> Paige nodded, settling back in her chair. "He'll be okay."

<Paige> Phil sent back to Bobby, [Now THAT isn't a kendoll! #bigtop].

<Bobby> Again his phone chirped before he could silence it and he read the message. Aaaaand what the fuck did that mean?

<Shaw> "As you may have surmised, he's not overly fond of me, and I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings when I tried to decline your offer. I certainly understand if you wish to choose someone else." He picked at a loose thread on the pillow, tugging it back into his lap to worry the hem.

<Paige> "I know you weren't." Paige ran her fingers through her hair. "I told him I would pick someone else. He insisted. I don't know what to do. I know he isn't thrilled about it, but at the same time, you deserve the job."

<Shaw> He snorted. "Ah, so he's trying to be noble now."

<Bobby> Yes, yes he was, and what was wrong with that?!

<Paige> Paige wrinkled her nose at him. "He's always noble."

<Bobby> He grinned and stuck his tongue out at Phil. See?! She was his Paigey!

<Shaw> "Mmm, particularly when he kneecapped my car." Sebastian reached over to the bedside table and picked up the necklace to inspect the pink stone.

<Paige> "Well..." Paige shifted uncomfortably. She didn't have an argument for that one.

<Paige> [#hisisbigger] Phil sent Bobby.

<Bobby> The phone vibrated this time and he stared at the message. His... Okay! Time out! Without knocking, Bobby opened the door and dove in. "Hey! Hey, hey, hey... how you doing, Sharky?" What was Phil talking about, he had... a pillow in his lap. Big top...

<Bobby> "Babe!" He fought down his immediate reaction and went over to her, checking out the room and everything in it, including the big honking pink diamond on a really suspiciously sparkly chain that Shaw was holding.

<Shaw> He startled at the entrance, but recovered quickly. My, subtle as a heart attack this one was. "Drake."

<Paige> "Bobby!" Surprised, but happy to see him, Paige smiled broadly and got up to give him a happy hug. "You came to see Cookie too!"

<Bobby> "Oh, yeaaaaah... you know me. Can't resist the cookies." He hugged Paige, closing his eyes to enjoy it. Don't freak out, don't. Don't, don't.

<Shaw> Sebastian shook his head and rubbed his temple, reaching over to get his cup for a drink of water. His shields must still be playing up.

<Paige> Giggling and oblivious to her fiance's plight, Paige smiled. "I knew I should have brought baked goods with me."

<Bobby> "You mean you didn't? I thought that was the point, babe." He was trying really hard to ignore Shaw. Phil's hashtags were floating around in his head though.

<Shaw> Fifty Shades of... what? Sebastian gave Drake a confused look and attempted to further tighten his shields.

<Paige> "I might have forgotten... but I did get this!" She held up her hand so he could see the ring was perfectly ok and back where it belonged on her hand.

<Bobby> He took her hand and checked it out, relieved for many reasons. "Okay, Shaw, I guess I owe you on that one." He looked over at the man, then down at the pillow, then back to his face.

<Shaw> "Only the ring?" He sipped his water, picking up on Drake's gaze. Well, some of those projections made a tad more sense now.

<Paige> Paige glanced back at Sebastian, smile still in place. "You both were amzing," she pointed out, trying to keep the peace.

<Shaw> "I'm always amazing," he said, tone bored, and bared his teeth in a wolfish grin. Sebastian then pretended to be fascinated by the pink diamond necklace.

<Bobby> "Or something." He gritted his teeth. Calm. Ommmm. Happy place. Mecca lecca hi mecca hiney ho. "Okay, so, you got your ring. Good to go?"

<Paige> Paige looked nervously between the two men again. "I... yes, I guess we should be going. I can sneak some cookies in later, ok Sebastian?"

<Bobby> "Great!" Apologies schmologies. He clapped his hands together and rubbed them maniacally. "We can go get lunch. I'm sure he's gotta liquid lunch coming or something."

<Shaw> "That would be lovely, my dear." He smiled brightly at her, making sure Drake saw it.

<Paige> "Lunch sounds great!" Paigey moved to Sebastian one last time, tucking him in and kissing his forehead. "Now you get some rest. Doctor's orders!"

<Shaw> "Yes, Doctor Paige." He grinned up at her, catching her hand to give it a kiss. "Thank you, for everything."

<Bobby> His phone vibrated in his pocket and he ignored it. Suck it, Phil! What the fucking fuck was this shit?! "Yeaaaaaah, okay, that's... just about enough."

<Paige> Laughing and wrinkling her nose at Sebastian, Paige patted him gently. "Thank you too." She moved away from him, sliding onto Bobby's arm. "So.... lunch?"

<Bobby> "Lunch! Yeah, bye... Sharky." He gave Shaw a once-over, nose wrinkled.

<Shaw> He smirked. "Enjoy your lunch." Catching that bendy straw for another sip of water, he watched them for a moment. "And afterward, you may want to meditate for a while, Drake. Leakage. It's most annoying."

<Paige> "Leakage?" Paige questioned as they headed for the door.

<Bobby> He very nearly froze - literally. Fuck! Belatedly, he slammed down his mental shields, shooting Shaw a glare. "Um... nothing. Just, uh..." Right. "You want to go to that new fondue place for lunch? I hear they have chocolate!”

<Shaw> Sebastian sipped his water and chuckled to himself as he watched them leave. Fuck indeed.