12/02 Instance: Like a Drugged-Up Ninja

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

12/02 Instance: Like a Drugged-Up Ninja

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined sometime around or after [Instance]Showered With Love.

<Shaw> With internet access, he was happy, and had probably purchased more than he should, but what the hell. He had nothing else to do when he was alone except shuffle to the bathroom - and the nurses insisted he call them lest he fall. Hardly. He was not ninety years old.

<Shaw> And, the floating feeling he got when he made it to his feet was rather entertaining. With his abilities returned, he burned through painkillers more quickly and so took higher doses. Paige would likely find him most delightful today.

<Carol> Carol had finally gotten enough free time to make the trip, which was hilarious because the flight there took less than a minute but between press releases, meetings and clearing up the mess (and still finding time to eat and sleep and do all her usual jobs) it had taken a couple of days before she could spare herself for taxi duty. She took out her frustration on a few Agents that she deemed scruffy as she strode through the halls.

<Shaw> Now that he thought about the restroom, he had to go. Was this what Jess was going through? Sebastian put his tablet aside and carefully sat up. The room spun.

<Carol> Carol didn't bother to knock, despite the nurses' protests, she shooed them away, "Hey, you're awake! The way they're yelling at me, I figured you'd be passed out right now or something..."

<Shaw> He was awake and had managed to stand up when the door burst open, startling him. His reflexes weren't what they normally were so when the IV stand started to fall he missed it by a mile.

<Carol> "Sorry, I probably should have knocked..." Carol went to help him with that before he made it worse, "How're you feeling?"

<Shaw> For some reason, it struck him as funny, so after staring at Carol for a long moment, he started to laugh.

<Carol> Carol blinked at the unexpected reaction, "That bad, huh?"

<Shaw> Sebastian slid back onto the bed, the impact of his rump jolting him a bit. That was both good and bad since it burned off a layer of haze and he groaned.

<Carol> Carol straightened the IV stand and bag then pushed a hand through her hair, "I'm sorry I took so long to get here after Jess called. Things have been... kinda crazy. I'm sure you can imagine."

<Shaw> "Any news?" He started to scoot back onto the bed, then remembered why he'd been trying to get up in the first place.

<Carol> "Still no word on why it went rogue... but we're not sure it really was rogue. Mostly there's just been a lot of damage control... on both sides. The anti-mutant front has thrown out accusations to try and cover their asses, you know how it is..."

<Shaw> He nodded, opening his mouth to add insight, but instead. "I have to pee."

<Carol> "If you want help with that, I'm going to let Anna handle it... or she could just heal you up.... but don't tell anyone I brought her in - they're being freaky suspicious today."

<Shaw> "More than th'way they're keepin' me here for no good reason?" A coherent sentence had finally formed and he didn't even slur. Much. However, his Pittsburgh was showing and he frowned.

<Carol> "They have a reason..." Carol managed not to laugh at the accent, but it was hard. "You're all broken and whatever.... now are you going to pee or what?"

<Shaw> Finally realizing something, he stared at Carol again, looking her over head to toe.... his eyes only settling on a few places a moment longer than they should. "You're sure y'have a passenger in there?"

<Carol> "Pretty sure... she's like the most annoying backseat driver ever but I have willpower so she's not the boss of me."

<Shaw> He accepted that with a sad imitation of a sage nod. "Let'er drive so I can go home."

<Carol> "Yeah yeah..." Carol rolled her eyes, letting Anna take over control and resigning herself to the weirdness. "I'm going to start charging," Anna warned, rubbing her hands together as she approached Sebastian, "And you're hilarious on painkillers."

<Shaw> "That's very creepy." He cocked his head and looked her over again.

<Carol> "It's preferable to be a passenger than to come all the way out to fix you up," she gestured for him to give her his hand, "because I would be naked... or largely invisible."

<Shaw> "Y'mean to tell me you couldn't just walk in? After Paige Guthrie did it yesterday?" Naked though. Not Paige, Anna. That would have been acceptable too, though. He snorted and held out his hand, keeping the other with the IV in his lap. That thing pulled.

<Carol> "Paige has the advantage of being engaged to Bobby... plus she's ununlikable," Anna waved a hand dismissively, "I'm a crazy Irishwoman... and I had no idea how to get here." She took his hand and released a heal, scowling when her powers protested the lack of an organ. Nothing she could do about that now. The hacks.

<Shaw> "Ununlikeable." He giggled at the word and then drew in a breath when he felt a strange rush.

<Carol> "Now, you'll have to get those stitches taken out so you can either get the lovely people here at SHIELD to do it or I can do it... your choice."

<Shaw> He touched his face, carefully feeling the healed cuts. "I don't want those hacks touching me again."

<Carol> "Then I'll do it," Anna smiled via Carol's face, "Go and pee first though.... want me to do it here or wait til we get back to the school?"

<Shaw> "Here." He was still delightfully woozy from all the painkillers in his system, and now he didn't need them. It was odd. Carefully, he stood, then frowned at the IV in his hand and held it up to her. "This too." Thankfully they'd given up on keeping monitors on him.

<Carol> "No problem, you pee and I'll go and steal the necessary supplies with stealthy ninja skills, teke and yelling if it's an emergency."

<Shaw> "You might wanna let Danvers do it... you sound... Irish." He resigned himself to wheeling the IV stand along to go do his business.

<Carol> "If there has to be talking, she can do it. Be right back," Anna grinned over her shoulder and headed out of the door, attempting to imitate Carol's walk but doing such a terrible job that Carol took control again for the sake of her reputation.

<Shaw> After completing his task, Sebastian checked his reflection in the mirror. Excellent! No scarring. He smiled at himself and smoothed down his hair.

<Carol> Anna gave Carol a list of things to retreive from the supply closet, glad that the other woman had taken over when one of the doctors came to ask her what she was doing. She merely stared at him until he went away. Having collected everything on Anna's list, Carol headed back to the room. "It's fun being scary and intimidating," Anna announced, "I wish I could do that."

<Shaw> "No, 'cause then people call ya a robot," he said, no longer caring about the accent. He had moved on to checking the nasty little incision in his side and was pleased it was healed without so much as a scar as well. "Or... a shark. Or the prince of darkness..."

<Carol> "Not if you have boobies," Anna countered, "Then you're just scary." She gestured him back to the bed, putting gloves on and setting out the supplies.

<Shaw> "I like scary in a woman." He grinned at her and walked back to the bed with only a slight wobble from the drugs.

<Carol> "Because you're a perv... does your wife know?" Anna saw to the IV first.

<Shaw> "That I'm a perv? Of course!" He watched her, lip curled up slightly. "And why else do y'think I like her?"

<Carol> Anna giggled, "You're terrible," she prodded the bruise around the IV site and it healed up too. Now for the stitches.

<Shaw> He deciding sitting sounded like a most excellent idea. "So I'm told!" The grin he directed up at her was ridiculously cheerful.

<Carol> "It's okay, I won't hold it against you at the moment. Painkillers are wonderful things and you have no filter now," she patted him on the head, "Time for the stitches," she gestured for him move the clothing out of the way.

<Shaw> Sebastian's chuckle turned decidedly dirty and he peeled the shirt off over his head - it was a much easier task now that he had both hands again. "You do do fantastic work. Can't have scars now can we?"

<Carol> "It'd be a useless power if it didn't do the job properly... I used to not be able to heal minor stuff like that so you should consider yourself lucky," She carefully snipped the stitches and pulled out the threads.

<Shaw> It was an odd feeling and he made a face at each tug.

<Carol> "Given any thought to how you want to get home?" It was Carol's voice that came out though it was still clearly Anna doing the doctoring.

<Shaw> "I don't s'pose you lovely ladies would give me a ride?" This was followed by another dirty chuckle at the imagined implications. Quite the threesome. "I'll call for a car."

<Carol> "Nooooo," Anna claimed the vocal cords again, "You should let Carol bring you home. It's so fun flying that fast!"

<Shaw> "I haven't flown with my wife often... you're already giving me motion sickness with the switchy thing." He gave her a confused frown.

<Carol> Anna grinned, "Sorry." "It's really not that bad," Carol assured him, "I'm a pilot, I'm used to flying people around... but I can totally get us a helicopter or a car, it'll just take longer to get back."

<Shaw> The rapid change made his brow furrow even further. "Gettin' home quickly would be nice..."

<Carol> "Then I will fly you back you just have to let me know if you want me to slow down or whatever," she watched her hands removing the stitches. It was a weird experience.

<Shaw> They'd -- she'd? -- managed to distract him from the stinging pain of the stitches, but now he was watching her remove one from what had been a nasty glass slash on his bicep. Sebastian hissed a bit. "I hate sentinels."

<Carol> "Feeling's mutual, I can assure you," Carol sighed, "We've got to do something about those things."

<Shaw> "Blow up Osborn inside his factory?"

<Carol> "I would love to do that... I already blew up one factory though and that nearly killed me so I'm in no hurry to repeat the process..." Her hands stopped moving and she cast her eyes over the exposed skin, or rather Anna did, "Hey, looks like we're done."

<Shaw> "Excellent!" He ran both hands over his face. "Don't s'pose a shave is part of the service?"

<Carol> "Can't help you with that right now but you can choose whether to go straight home or back to the school?" Carol offered, straightening up and collecting all the bits and pieces to throw away.

<Shaw> Deciding neither woman could take a joke, he sniffed and searched for the SHIELD-issue shirt he'd been wearing. "Home."

<Carol> "Alright then," Carol went to the door, poking her head out into the corridor and checking in both directions, "I think I scared off all the staff so we can go as soon as you're ready."

<Shaw> "Oh, we're sneaking away like thieves in the night?" He laughed, pulling the shirt over his head. "If so's,” He paused to think about that word butchery, then shrugged. “I need more clothes." Sebastian cast a glance down at the flimsy drawstring hospital pants he wore. "Unless y'd like to explain the freezerburn to my wife."

<Carol> "I can steal you pants, I know where they keep them. I'll take you to where they keep the good pants." She gestured for him to follow her.

<Shaw> After locating his dress shoes, wallet and other meager belongings, he followed her obediently. The whole thing was more than a little ridiculous and he snickered quietly and occasionally weaved into the wall.

<Carol> Carol reached a hand back to steady him every time they had to go around a corner because the weaving was alarming. After a short time, she opened up a locker that contained both standard SHIELD issue tech and a variety of different sized uniforms.

<Shaw> Even more entertained, he picked up a uniform jacket to try it on for size.

<Carol> "I thought we were getting you pants? I mean, you can have a uniform if you want one, there's a bunch of them at the school..." Carol took the opportunity to switch out her uniforms and swap all the broken tech in her pockets for functional pieces.

<Shaw> "It is cold..." He gave her a grin and searched for said matching pants.

<Carol> "It is cold, yeah... but I'm not and I'll be taxiing you." Task completed, Carol switched back to her other outfit, "If anyone asks, you did not see me do that."

<Shaw> "Well, then y'didn't see me do this." He snatched uniform components and started changing himself.

<Carol> Carol laughed, "You know, if you asked, you could probably get the specs for those from the guy that invented them. I hear he's a friend of yours."

<Shaw> "I'll just steal these, thank you." With another grin he helped himself to boots as well, since his dress shoes were badly scuffed and the sole was half ripped off one. He left them under a bench as a gift.

<Carol> "Well suit yourself," she shrugged, "You done?"

<Shaw> "Nearly." He located a mirror to check himself over, then straightened up to his full height and put on a winning grin. "Shall I salute?"

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Not unless you're planning on joining the military and calling me ma'am... and, for the record, I hate being ma'amed. I will punch you."

<Shaw> He leered. "Yes, ma'am."

<Carol> "Yeah, I'm so going to punch you... just not today." She stepped back into the hall, "Come on, let's get you home."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6