12/5 Instance: High Times in Boston

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

12/5 Instance: High Times in Boston

Post by Svartfreja »

After [Instance]Showered With Love and [Instance]Like a Drugged-Up Ninja.

<Jessica> Jess was taking a surprise nap in the cupola after a busy day of cleaning to take her mind off things. It was easier to sleep up there because she wasn't in a huge bed all on her own. Sharky was curled up in her lap, ears in constant motion, following the sounds of traffic past the house.

<Shaw> Flying was fantastic although he knew his euphoria was probably still chemically enhanced. It didn't matter. After the baby was born, they would get a babysitter, and they were going to fly to the Statue of Liberty. Finally. By God!

<Shaw> Downtown Boston was in view and now he could see the river near the house. "You do know where you're going, yes?"

<Carol> "Of course I know where I'm going. I know my city." Carol was vaguely offended. "I've lived here all my life and your house has history." She slowed down as they neared their destination.

<Shaw> "You're a stalker. Shouldna be surprised." He twisted a little to give Carol a frown. "What'd happen if the Irish lunatic took over right now?"

<Carol> "If she dropped you, she could heal you right up again no problem?" Carol guessed, "But she'd still have access to my powers so she'd be able to fly and lift you and whatever... but she wouldn't know where she was going."

<Shaw> "Creepy," he repeated, then spotted his house. "I bought Starbucks."

<Carol> Carol raised an eyebrow, "Really? Like the whole franchise or just that one store?"

<Shaw> "Thought about it, but just that one." His brain took a full stop when he felt the link with Jessica flicker to life. "That one and the building behind us..."

<Carol> "Because your house isn't big enough?" Carol shook her head, eyeing the rooftops, "Okay, time for a landing... we're gonna get a bit wet."

<Shaw> "For parking, 'course!" Sebastian looked down. "Where?"

<Carol> "The roof! Duh. Can't land on the street, it's all icey and we just fixed you. Can't have you falling on your ass and breaking your head open." Carol circled the building a couple of times to judge how much space she had.

<Jessica> Jess stirred in her sleep, something familiar tugging on the corners of her mind.

<Shaw> "I wouldna break now," he pointed out. The circling gave him a better perspective than Google Earth. "There's a flat place... I never noticed that." Not far behind Jessica's favorite cupola.

<Carol> "Yeah, a flat place covered in snow. We're going in." She descended and landed them in the deep snow on the roof. "At least you know your roof insulation is good."

<Jessica> The voice jolted her from her sleep even before Sharky hopped off her lap yapping excitedly. Jess, in her sleepy state, went instantly into panic mode.

<Shaw> Landing in a snow bank was not exactly what he expected, but the SHIELD uniform was at least as well insulated as his roof. "We gotta be on top of my work-oh-" Jessica's state bled over into his. "Oh, merde!"

<Carol> "What? What's the matter?" His reaction alarmed Carol somewhat too. "Too cold?"

<Jessica> Jess scrabbled to her feet, trying to think past the panic and Sharky's barking.

<Shaw> "Cold, but no-" Oh she was startled! And loud in his head! Shhhh!

<Jessica> The voice in her head startled her again but at least that was familiar, if unexpected. Sebastian...? She was awake enough now to follow Sharky's gaze to the window that she opened up immediately. "Oh my God!"

<Carol> "Oh hey, a welcoming committee!" She steadied Sebastian a little, "Now, for the love of God, do not fall off this roof."

<Shaw> "It's a panic committee!" He staggered even more under her steadying hand and went face-first into the giant snow drift at the back of the cupola.

<Jessica> "Sebastian!" Jess (and a yapping Sharky) ran out to see if he was alright, even though the link would tell her that he was.

<Carol> "... Whoops? At least he's still on the roof...."

<Shaw> He rolled onto his back and when Sharky found him first and pounced he started laughing at the strange dry licking. "Stop! Stop, stop!"

wCarol> Carol watched this for a moment before adding, "Oh yeah... he might also still be high on hospital painkillers."

<Jessica> Jess looked between the two of them, "Uh... right... then can we go inside because it's cold out here?"

<Shaw> "Koi...fishy? Love!" A hand waved from the snow drift.

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Sure, I can help with that. Come on, drunk ass." She hauled Sebastian to his feet, then decided he would probably just fall down again and put him over her shoulder, "Just show me where to put him down."

<Shaw> Sebastian found himself face-first with Carol's rather impressive ass. "Oh..."

<Jessica> Jess headed back inside, Sharky scuttling behind her, and went down stairs.

<Carol> She followed the other woman at a safe distance, glancing over the shoulder that didn't have a Shaw on it, "If you touch my ass with your hands, I will come back up here and drop you."

<Shaw> "Y'seem intent on mashing my face into it," he said, not fighting overmuch through the fuzzy turmoil in his mind. "So it's okay."

<Carol> "I figured it'd be easier this way, I don't trust you to handle stairs when you can't even walk in a straight line."

<Shaw> "Why walk?" Women seemed intent on carrying him around, so why indeed.

<Carol> "Why walk when you can slide down on your ass?" she laughed, setting him down when they reached the landing outside the living room and kitchen to walk him into the living room and get him to the sofa.

<Jessica> "Thanks..." Jess gave her a grateful smile.

<Shaw> Was the sofa further away now? He made it and flopped down, scooting the thing back on its feet.

<Carol> "It's fine, it was kinda funny... plus he's so never living that accent down," she paused, "Have you got any clothes a person this high can wear?" She held her hand up at what would be Anna's head height.

<Jessica> "Uh... probably?" Jess was a little confused by the request but she headed for the stairs to look anyway.

<Shaw> "High?" Sebastian slowly looked up from the coffee table. Had it always looked like that?

<Carol> "Relax, I'm not talking about you. I want to get my passenger her own body back."

<Shaw> "It's... the s'rangest threesome I've ever been part of," he said with a salute.

<Carol> "Oh, honey, you should be so glad you're high right now.... later you'll want to kill yourself but for now it's hilarious." She sat down beside him on the sofa, bouncing a little on the cushion afterwards because she was surpirsed how comfortable it was.

<Shaw> "I doubt that," he said, punctuating it with a hand wave and a rude noise.

<Carol> "Well maybe not that dramatic but you'll probably be embarrassed about it, most people are." She looked round when she heard movement again.

<Jessica> "I found something..." Jess set a pile of clothing down on the coffee table. "There's a few things there... wasn't sure what to get..."

<Shaw> Sebastian turned and flattened himself on the sofa. "Anything, I suspect. She's more Irish than she wants'ta be at the moment."

<Carol> "Not for much longer," Carol blew out a long breath, expelling her passenger in the process and flopping back into the cushions of the sofa while the clothes on the coffee table started sorting themselves.

<Jessica> "... Today is just weird." Jess decided she needed tea.

<Shaw> "Make me some?" Sebastian's eyes were compelled to follow the clothing, for some reason.

<Jessica> "You sure you want tea? I would have thought coffee would be better," Jess called back over her shoulder.

<Anna> Having arranged themselves as though someone was wearing them, the clothes slowly filled out into a more realistic shape as the air inside them thickened up and became an actual person. Anna grinned, "I'll take that tea!"

<Shaw> "...coffee then?" His eyes narrowed at Anna. "You live."

<Anna> "I do," she plonked herself down on the other sofa. "How do you feel? ... Apart from high."

<Jessica> And now it made sense. Jess sighed and put the coffee on then went to fill the kettle. She assumed Carol would want coffee too.

<Shaw> "I always make sense!" he called into the kitchen.

<Jessica> "Not right now you don't - you're answering thoughts out loud," Jess called back.

<Anna> She giggled, "I'll take that as my answer then. Just high."

<Shaw> "You answer thoughts... just now..."

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "No... no she didn't." She patted his knee.

<Shaw> Brow furrowed, he stared at Carol. "Y'sure?"

<Carol> She nodded, "We heard what you said but not why you said it. Maybe you should just stick to out loud stuff for now?"

<Shaw> "Pfft." Sebastian closed his eyes. Did you like your surprise?

<Jessica> Which surprise? The one where you just landed on the roof or the one where I had to eat pink cakes surrounded by girls and an awkward Shinobi? She may have sounded unimpressed but all that made it over the link was happiness.

<Shaw> "That one-" Oh. That... second one. He smiled to himself, pleased, then his nose wrinkled. Awkward Shinobi?

<Jessica> I brought him with me when Paige offered to take me somewhere so I would have a buffer to her perkiness because I wasn't really awake... still not. She had to really concentrate to pour the tea.

<Shaw> He... didn't assault anyone? It was unlikely since she felt generally happy, but it never hurt to confirm. "I trust it was most pink." Oh... that was aloud...

<Anna> Anna couldn't help it, she burst into giggles. It was partly the accent but also the random snatches of conversation.

<Jessica> No, he didn't... he was helpful and everything.

<Shaw> Sebastian shushed Anna, not that it would help, and he nearly fell off the sofa doing it. Good for him! And surprising... "Y'never know... and she thinks my accent is funny."

<Anna> "It is funny!" Anna protested, "Carol thinks it's funny too."

<Carol> She nodded, "Yeah... sorry, I kinda do."

<Jessica> "It's okay, I thought it was funny the first time I heard it," Jess confessed, bringing in a tray with two cups of coffee and two cups of tea, plus a sugar bowl and a jug with milk because she wasn't sure how Anna took her tea.

<Shaw> After two attempts, he sat upright. "Unfair." Unless he started punching himself, he wouldn't be able to shake it, and he shared that sentiment with his wife. "I worked hard to get rid of it. Most of the time."

<Carol> Carol got up from the sofa to let Jess take the spot next to Sebastian, picking up a cup of coffee before sitting down next to Anna.

<Anna> After putting several sugars in her tea and lots of milk, Anna picked up the cup, "You should be proud of your hilarious accent heritage."

<Shaw> He looked up at Jessica with what he hoped was a winning grin, SHIELD uniform and all.

<Jessica> Jess laughed at the grin, settling beside him and pulling him into a hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

<Shaw> "I'm glad you liked the shower, yes?" A hug was very welcome, and he closed his eyes to enjoy it.

<Jessica> "It was a lovely surprise, thank you." She pressed a kiss to his cheek, lifting her head to smile over at Carol and Anna, "And thank you for bringing him home."

<Carol> Carol waved a hand dismissively, "It's fine... I'm just sorry I took so long - been kinda busy at the school."

<Shaw> "I hoped you'd at least like my gift." He rested his head against her, happy now. "Those Sentinels... need to go."

<Jessica> "I loved it... I put it with the stuff that needs to go in a bag for the hospital," she settled against him.

<Carol> "Couldn't agree more," Carol commented on his statement about the Sentinels.

<Shaw> "Good!" Well his job was clearly over and well done. Sleep was sounding like an excellent plan as well. "I'll... work on that."

<Carol> "Join the crusade," Carol encouraged him, "But like... check in with Pietro and Broo first so you don't just rehash everything they've been doing." She drained her coffee cup, "Come on Anna, let's get out of their way so they can be all gross and affectionate."

<Shaw> "Yeah, that and the hell... hole... thing." Sebastian wasn't moving, since he was comfortable with his Jessie. The attempted insult just made him smile again. "Don't act so put upon. I've seen you and Miss Kincaid."

<Carol> "Yeah yeah," Carol waved it off, "We're not high and married and neither one of us just got out of hospital from being beat up by a Sentinel."

<Anna> Anna was too busy gulping down tea to add a comment of her own but she did get to her feet.

<Shaw> "Thank you, and the scotch is in the mail. I'll keep the uniform, since a little body armor's a good thing." He frowned, realizing he did have a point. "Think I can block that disruption beam, just need'ta reverse your inhibitors."

<Anna> "Jameson's, ya eejit!" Anna corrected for the um-teenth time.

<Carol> "So tell that to Pietro and Broo just like... tomorrow, or next week. Get some sleep first... both of you. We'll let ourselves out." Carol steered Anna out the door.

<Shaw> Sebastian listened, eyes closed, and heard when Widget intercepted the women to make sure they exited properly to a chorus of his chirrups and whistles. At last, the door closed. "I'm... high," he pointed out, nuzzling his wife.

<Jessica> "Mmhmm, I know," she turned her head to kiss him softly, "I'm going to go to sleep now, if that's okay with you."

<Shaw> "Only if you take me with you?" The corner of his mouth hitched up.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6